M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M80 Game Thread

#2681 Post by ghug » Thu May 18, 2023 10:46 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:21 pm
LOLOLOLOL

Thanks scum for thinking I'd commute...

I have a Royalist scan on Foxcastle.

##vote Foxcastle
##end
Based ##VOTE Fox

I guess we give Fox a chance to CC here because this is exactly what scum Worcej would do here but I feel like we're just gonna kill Fox.

Xcution

#2682 Post by Xcution » Thu May 18, 2023 10:46 pm

worcej wrote:
LOLOLOLOL

##vote Foxcastle
##end
Well then, this makes my life easier this phase.

##vore Foxcastle

sweetandcool

#2683 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 18, 2023 10:46 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:45 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:42 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:39 pm
So. Worcej is scum, he fakeclaimed PR, killed Pyxxy to silence the main voice questioning him, and wants to take a townie out before we start wondering why he's still around on D3.

Or maybe it's that he's actually the one with suicide bomb, and wants to take out a townie before blowing himself up N2 after I flip town.

I'm not a PR, so I don't think the real Navigator should out themselves in any case. But I also don't see much I can do here to convince people.

Well played, Worcej.
Good try Fox. Valiant effort buddy.
I love the touch about the navigator not revealing themself. Seriously, if Eden is not the navigator someone should speak up.
Whoops, typo. Meant Worcej.

Foxcastle

#2684 Post by Foxcastle » Thu May 18, 2023 10:47 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:42 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
So. Worcej is scum, he fakeclaimed PR, killed Pyxxy to silence the main voice questioning him, and wants to take a townie out before we start wondering why he's still around on D3.

Or maybe it's that he's actually the one with suicide bomb, and wants to take out a townie before blowing himself up N2 after I flip town.

I'm not a PR, so I don't think the real Navigator should out themselves in any case. But I also don't see much I can do here to convince people.

Well played, Worcej.
Good try Fox. Valiant effort buddy.
I love the touch about the navigator not revealing themself. Seriously, if Eden is not the navigator someone should speak up.
I mean, I'm fine with that, too. But it probably means I'm just the NK N2, so it's not actually great for town compared to just letting me die today.

President Eden

#2685 Post by President Eden » Thu May 18, 2023 10:47 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:35 pm
Hold up on the end votes, folks. There is still a (slim) chance Foxcastle was driven with a royalist.

Let's use our time to think things through, although yeah, I don't see a change in outcome at the moment.
The bus drive is possible. But what incentive does mafia have to drive Fox with a mafia n1? Recall that there were two PRs outed and that neither of us were jailed... so the Agent passed up jailing a PR to drive Fox.

Also, this is not the reaction of a wrongly accused townie IMO:
Foxcastle wrote:

Well played, Worcej.
It's way too certain about what happened and is focused on setting narratives rather than figuring out how the alleged PR got it wrong. Obviously "worcej is scum and lied" is one conclusion, but in this setup it's plainly not the only possibility.

worcej

#2686 Post by worcej » Thu May 18, 2023 10:47 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:43 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Hold up on the end votes, folks. There is still a (slim) chance Foxcastle was driven with a royalist.

Let's use our time to think things through, although yeah, I don't see a change in outcome at the moment.
I would've thought a drive would be used for eden in case someone commutes him (or does the commute come first? ok the doc says commute comes first, so I'm wrong here)

then again, what incentive would mafia have to drive townFox with someone else (and whom)? hmm ... could that have been the reason why worcej wasn't rb'ed even when they have four of them and two(three?) targets? Would mafia think of such a convoluted plan? Would mafia think worcej is the navigator AND scanning fox? AND then do the drive in response?

sounds unlikely. Of course there might be a coincidence for another reason, but why would mafia drive townFox in the first place?
This all right here encapsulates the reason why I am 99% sure I caught scum!Fox

Stupid!worcej would use my scan on pyxxy or Bunny, who scum would be happy if I hit either of them and wasted it. Theory crafting right now, I believe I was not jailed because scum wanted to scan my role to know what I was and decided to take a chance that I'd do something meaningless.

sweetandcool

#2687 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 18, 2023 10:48 pm

worcej wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

This is a fair point, but a hoop you need to jump through first: Why would scum use a drive on Foxcastle on N1?
Extremely slim chance. I don't know how someone could come up with that plan. I'm just saying, no need to end.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2688 Post by ghug » Thu May 18, 2023 10:48 pm

Foxcastle wrote:

Well played, Worcej.
##END lol

President Eden

#2689 Post by President Eden » Thu May 18, 2023 10:48 pm

bruvva Dousing

you're a swell guy and have potential but

you don't actually think I'm afraid of you, do you?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2690 Post by ghug » Thu May 18, 2023 10:49 pm

Dousing wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:46 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:26 pm
Dousing wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:22 pm

[text]
This man next

Look at that sweet sweet hedge on Foxy
In basically all other aspects of my life I don't need to take leaps of faith in the belief that I'm "probably right" about some idea.

In mafia, a game of deception I do, you're gonna have to forgive me when old habits die hard.

Like Jamie said, none of you guys were discussing this idea with any certainty. Knowing that y'all are much better at this game than me, I took this as a cue to doubt the seriousness/accuracy of these accusations.

Yeah, in hindsight, I defo should've just put Fox on my "top three kill lists". tbh I didn't really think too hard about that list (hence the billion grammar errors and formulaic paragraph structure). *It was a response to a "from the hip" question that Kak gave me, it was moreso a readslist than an actual theory*.

Also I wrote a paragraph on Bunny, RDR, and Bona just before I summarized who I'd shoot. all their paragraphs were basically, they're quiet so Idk about them. So I was extra primed to view silence as extra suspicious in my head.

Tbh this just looks like Eden trying to avoid dying since I've put him on my "to-kill" list.

Or we could just kill Dousing today...

sweetandcool

#2691 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 18, 2023 10:50 pm

Dousing wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Dousing wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:22 pm

[text]
This man next

In basically all other aspects of my life I don't need to take leaps of faith in the belief that I'm "probably right" about some idea.

In mafia, a game of deception I do, you're gonna have to forgive me when old habits die hard.

Like Jamie said, none of you guys were discussing this idea with any certainty. Knowing that y'all are much better at this game than me, I took this as a cue to doubt the seriousness/accuracy of these accusations.

Yeah, in hindsight, I defo should've just put Fox on my "top three kill lists". tbh I didn't really think too hard about that list (hence the billion grammar errors and formulaic paragraph structure). *It was a response to a "from the hip" question that Kak gave me, it was moreso a readslist than an actual theory*.

Also I wrote a paragraph on Bunny, RDR, and Bona just before I summarized who I'd shoot. all their paragraphs were basically, they're quiet so Idk about them. So I was extra primed to view silence as extra suspicious in my head.

Tbh this just looks like Eden trying to avoid dying since I've put him on my "to-kill" list.

Dousing, regardless of alignment, you're not making much sense. President Eden claimed quartermaster. Nobody has counterclaimed. We do not have to worry about President Eden.

Foxcastle

#2692 Post by Foxcastle » Thu May 18, 2023 10:50 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:47 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

The bus drive is possible. But what incentive does mafia have to drive Fox with a mafia n1? Recall that there were two PRs outed and that neither of us were jailed... so the Agent passed up jailing a PR to drive Fox.

Also, this is not the reaction of a wrongly accused townie IMO:
Foxcastle wrote:

Well played, Worcej.
It's way too certain about what happened and is focused on setting narratives rather than figuring out how the alleged PR got it wrong. Obviously "worcej is scum and lied" is one conclusion, but in this setup it's plainly not the only possibility.
I had a long day, then a bad commute home, then was just kinda stunned when I caught up on the thread. It's the theory that I have, and I don't really have the energy for ranting and scrabbling to convince people otherwise. Maybe tomorrow.

worcej

#2693 Post by worcej » Thu May 18, 2023 10:50 pm

ghug wrote:
worcej wrote:
LOLOLOLOL

##vote Foxcastle
##end
Based ##VOTE Fox

I guess we give Fox a chance to CC here because this is exactly what scum Worcej would do here but I feel like we're just gonna kill Fox.
I don't know why you would think that I'd do this as scum... or even claim PR when under a minimal amount of push from Bunny on D1 as scum...

This is hedgy as fuck ghug, even for you.

Dousing

#2694 Post by Dousing » Thu May 18, 2023 10:50 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:49 pm
Dousing wrote:
President Eden wrote:

This man next

Or we could just kill Dousing today...

Great idea!

##vote dousing

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2695 Post by ghug » Thu May 18, 2023 10:51 pm

Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this.

President Eden

#2696 Post by President Eden » Thu May 18, 2023 10:51 pm

lmao dousing just got like three of you nerds

sweetandcool

#2697 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 18, 2023 10:51 pm

Damn you Dousing.

Jamiet99uk

#2698 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 18, 2023 10:52 pm

President Eden wrote:
shout out to Anonymous Dumbo Octopus checking out the M80 roles rn

ur a real one
Huh?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

President Eden

#2699 Post by President Eden » Thu May 18, 2023 10:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:52 pm
President Eden wrote:
shout out to Anonymous Dumbo Octopus checking out the M80 roles rn

ur a real one
Huh?
when you open a Google Doc, and someone is viewing it alongside you, if that person is set to view anonymously, their name is displayed as "Anonymous [Animal]"

someone was viewing it when I was and had been assigned "Anonymous Dumbo Octopus" which I've now decided is my freestyle rapper name

worcej

#2700 Post by worcej » Thu May 18, 2023 10:54 pm

Not going to try to fix that quote - but that is kind of a problem with using google documents for rules is that you can see who is reading it and stuff...