M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

#1561 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:49 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:44 pm
In the entire history of Mafia, has a Mafia player ever actually gone "oh, you got me" and straight-up confessed to their crimes? Isn't that even against the rules / spirit of the game?

I like your hard questions to others Jamiet – but I don't know if I find the times where you respond to something with "I am town" more funny or suspicious.

I mean, do I really need to say "2 is False because I am Town" here? Which is uselessly unverifiable for anyone non-Koala and therefore unhelful? I thought your whole spiel to me early on was about being helpful to town?
Sometimes people are just caught, yes, and fess up.

I've done it.
Brainbomb has done it.
I'm sure others have.

It's not against your win con because you can fess up and still make misleading statements that protect or obfuscate your team mates.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#1562 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:49 pm

I'm Town, by the way.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

worcej

#1563 Post by worcej » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:53 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:44 pm
In the entire history of Mafia, has a Mafia player ever actually gone "oh, you got me" and straight-up confessed to their crimes? Isn't that even against the rules / spirit of the game?

I like your hard questions to others Jamiet – but I don't know if I find the times where you respond to something with "I am town" more funny or suspicious.

I mean, do I really need to say "2 is False because I am Town" here? Which is uselessly unverifiable for anyone non-Koala and therefore unhelful? I thought your whole spiel to me early on was about being helpful to town?
I did in a game where there was too much imbalance of PRs and had a 3 factions. I rolled scum and was frustrated that mass claiming broke the game for scum and it really became a town vs 3rd party game.

worcej

#1564 Post by worcej » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:53 pm

Trying to remember the number… it was Kitsune’s Serenity themed game.

KoalaAttack

#1565 Post by KoalaAttack » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:54 pm

I am the ultra-rare PR of CEO of Good Townie International and therefore am more Town than Jamiet (kind of like a Godfather is more hardened Mafia than a Goon). In fact I am so town I was given 2 PRs since I'm also the Townie Heel.

KoalaAttack

#1566 Post by KoalaAttack » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:21 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:47 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:26 am
But how long do you wait? And why wouldn't the suspect always claim The Doctor or The Coolest Role regardless of alignment?

Obviously Mafia would. But even a Townie – you folks keep telling me how Townie suicide or non-defense of MK is terrible. How is this different?

Feel free to tell me that answering this mid-game helps the Mafia and not.
You wait until Rdr responds.

If you are a townie, fakeclaiming doc or cop is the worst thing you can do, as the real cop and doc will counterclaim and it will out them, so it will result in you still dying but also out a PR for mafia.
I see, essentially Town can afford to trade 1-for-1 while Mafia can not. Thanks for the explanation.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME]

#1567 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:37 pm
[

You've hacked those quotes around horribly, the first line is from me, the second one is Fluminator replying.
Yes, I did. However, in all of this, there's this rush to execute rivera AND I am saying, "Aren't we being too hasty?"

So comment on the mangling of the quotes but no comment with regard to the substance.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1568 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:30 pm

Rdrivera has moved up because:

(a) He has been super inactive and his D2 was particularly egregious in this regard. I will re-read if I have time before EoN but I cannot call to mind a single thing he has done which would incline me to townread him.

(b) Rdrivera is dangerous as scum and letting him coast quietly into the endgame would be a serious problem if he is indeed scum.

(c) He just feels off.

Bozo is still at the top of my list after the latest example of being wrong about who Worcej was even voting for at EoD, which, as I said, strikes me as Bozo lazily looking for his own name rather than actually paying attention to everything that is going on. This strikes me as a scum!Bozo meta based on recent experiences.

Hamilton Brian has to be in contention if Bozo is scum, for obvious reasons.

Flum and Worcej scream town to me now and if I'm wrong about either, I'm sorry.

I feel like there's something contradictory in your reasoning vs the actions. Your premise on rivera is he "feels off" and is "dangerous as scum."

However, your top read for mafia is bozo, who right now is playing with "scum!bozo meta."

Yet you're on this bandwagon to execute rivera too. Unless I have missed something between this post I am quoting and when you voted for rivera today, what's changed?

Rivera flips town and we kill them because of "off feelings," what the result for us? What do we gain?

Jamiet99uk

Re: M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME]

#1569 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:59 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:37 pm
[

You've hacked those quotes around horribly, the first line is from me, the second one is Fluminator replying.
Yes, I did. However, in all of this, there's this rush to execute rivera AND I am saying, "Aren't we being too hasty?"

So comment on the mangling of the quotes but no comment with regard to the substance.
I don't want to execute Rdrivera until he speaks.

However I think we should pressure him to appear.

Jamiet99uk

#1570 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:04 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:30 pm

Rdrivera has moved up because:

(a) He has been super inactive and his D2 was particularly egregious in this regard. I will re-read if I have time before EoN but I cannot call to mind a single thing he has done which would incline me to townread him.

(b) Rdrivera is dangerous as scum and letting him coast quietly into the endgame would be a serious problem if he is indeed scum.

(c) He just feels off.

Bozo is still at the top of my list after the latest example of being wrong about who Worcej was even voting for at EoD, which, as I said, strikes me as Bozo lazily looking for his own name rather than actually paying attention to everything that is going on. This strikes me as a scum!Bozo meta based on recent experiences.

Hamilton Brian has to be in contention if Bozo is scum, for obvious reasons.

Flum and Worcej scream town to me now and if I'm wrong about either, I'm sorry.

I feel like there's something contradictory in your reasoning vs the actions. Your premise on rivera is he "feels off" and is "dangerous as scum."

However, your top read for mafia is bozo, who right now is playing with "scum!bozo meta."

Yet you're on this bandwagon to execute rivera too. Unless I have missed something between this post I am quoting and when you voted for rivera today, what's changed?

Rivera flips town and we kill them because of "off feelings," what the result for us? What do we gain?
Lol.

Saying he is "off" is a long standing in-joke, sorry, because I get really riled up when that's someone's only case.

Bozo is still my top scumread.

I am not a vanity voter. I vote for wagons I think are viable. Everyone else moved to Rdrivera and I absolutely do not townread him; he's in my top 3 scum.

Would you vote Bozo with me, Hamilton?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1571 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:05 pm

Rivera appearing would be ideal. I also recognize that you were advocating for bozo - rivera wagons so I suppose there isn't a contradiction in your thinking, jamie.

I just don't recognize the desire for the hammering.

Jamiet99uk

#1572 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:06 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:05 pm
Rivera appearing would be ideal. I also recognize that you were advocating for bozo - rivera wagons so I suppose there isn't a contradiction in your thinking, jamie.

I just don't recognize the desire for the hammering.
I am not hammering.

I will hammer in due course if Rdrivera does not appear, because failing to participate if you are town and you KNOW you are a chief suspect is deeply anti-town.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1573 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:04 pm

Probably, maybe, but I am really not sold on bozo being scum. However, it was almost accomplished on D2 had I not screwed things up.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1574 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:59 pm

I keep coming back to flum. They seem to be carrying this crown of "most townread." Now, they haven't done anything super-mafia like, but the iso through the past phases doesn't ring out as "super town," either.

I feel like we are getting stuck making reads on "vibes" and "mafia would be stupid to do that and bring that much attention to themselves."

Jamiet99uk

#1575 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:59 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:07 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:04 pm

Probably, maybe, but I am really not sold on bozo being scum. However, it was almost accomplished on D2 had I not screwed things up.
I see.

Do you see how from my perspective, this is somewhat concerning?

- Rdr is the most viable wagon today, clearly.

- You criticised me for moving from my top scumread, Bozo, onto Rdrivera, who you don't seem keen to vote for.

- I ask if you'd therefore vote Bozo, who you seem to think I should be voting for.

- Your response is hedgy and non committal.

If you're opposed to an Rdr wagon, and you are also reluctant to join a Bozo wagon, how do you actually expect town to get a useful result from today? What wagon are you proposing and how are you going to persuade other people to join it??

Jamiet99uk

#1576 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:59 pm
I keep coming back to flum. They seem to be carrying this crown of "most townread." Now, they haven't done anything super-mafia like, but the iso through the past phases doesn't ring out as "super town," either.

I feel like we are getting stuck making reads on "vibes" and "mafia would be stupid to do that and bring that much attention to themselves."
Do you think you can persuade the majority of remaining players to vote for Fluminator today?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1577 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:17 am

I don't have any particular scumread and statistically I ought to vote between Bona rdr and Koala. Having said I'll move off K it's a toss up. Let's try ##vote rdr
Damo's reads and work weren't infallible, but he put the work in. Assuming the effort was genuine, they said vote between bona, rivera, and koala. Only 2 remain. Again, it's faulty rationale to exercise the killing on that basis.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1578 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:59 pm

Do you think you can persuade the majority of remaining players to vote for Fluminator today?
Christ, no. I can't even convince myself.

worcej

#1579 Post by worcej » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:18 pm

Flight #2 - airplane mode for ~3 hours.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1580 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:21 pm

Do you see how from my perspective, this is somewhat concerning? Sure.

- Rdr is the most viable wagon today, clearly. Clearly.

- You criticised me for moving from my top scumread, Bozo, onto Rdrivera, who you don't seem keen to vote for. I realize now this move fits your dynamic of wanting a rivera-bozo competition.

- I ask if you'd therefore vote Bozo, who you seem to think I should be voting for.

- Your response is hedgy and non committal.
Seemed that bozo weighed more for you than rivera; at the end of the day this is less about my criticism/questioning your motives.

If you're opposed to an Rdr wagon, and you are also reluctant to join a Bozo wagon, how do you actually expect town to get a useful result from today? What wagon are you proposing and how are you going to persuade other people to join it??

I'd say make the necessary wagons. Rivera. Bozo. Our numbers should work that there wouldn't be a tie. If they were the only two options, I'd have a hard time being noncommittal, wouldn't I?

But what gives more information? The hammering or the actual voting?