M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

#1441 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:16 pm
worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:41 pm

I don't know your reasons why, though.
Why am I seeing circular logic from you so much right now?

If Damo’s vote for rdr was context, how is mine for Bona not a reason?
I don't know what you mean by your vote for Bonatogether.
Not a vote - the reason to not vote.

If damo’s post provides you with context, how did mine not?

worcej

#1442 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:27 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:22 pm
worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:13 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:48 pm

OK, but from HB's point of view, you were trying to force him to DK me. All HB did was make a choice between me and Bonatogether, which is the same thing you did.
But my choice did not force the board into a tie and cause certain death. When I voted, I voted into a tie with plenty of time left in the day for discussion.

There is a big difference between what I did and HB did.
Yes, but I think what HB did looks much more town motivated, and not just because I know I am town.
How is forcing a tie accidentally much more town motivated? If he is scum, I can easily see this as him just trying to buddy you if you’re town or trying to save your ass if you’re scum.

KoalaAttack

#1443 Post by KoalaAttack » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:56 pm
You could be right about this. I think rdrivera is basing what he said on the N2 discussion so far, but I believe only damo, Fluminator, and myself have indicated rdrivera being one of our top suspects. Considering I was almost DKed D2, rdrivera considering himself the top suspect could be an indication he is concentrating on the mafia reads that are correct.
Why are you ignoring me here? I have had a scumlean on rdr since D1.
Based on D2 I was assuming you suspected me more than rdrivera.

I also added rdrivera N2, pretty clearly in my new #1 slot, and explicitly as a "back to the drawing board" addition:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:32 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:22 am
But let's be serious.

KoalaVader: Based on what has happened so far, who are your top 3 scumreads, and why do you suspect them?
(1) rdrivera – because clearly the thinking so far is wrong, must have a new theory – and they are playing like in the game you GMed

Which is to say, the bit from Bozo highlighted in red is a bit Suspicious. I thought Bozo is a machine who reads everything?

bozotheclown

#1444 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:50 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:12 pm
Why are you ignoring me here? I have had a scumlean on rdr since D1.
Based on D2 I was assuming you suspected me more than rdrivera.

I also added rdrivera N2, pretty clearly in my new #1 slot, and explicitly as a "back to the drawing board" addition:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:32 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:22 am
But let's be serious.

KoalaVader: Based on what has happened so far, who are your top 3 scumreads, and why do you suspect them?
(1) rdrivera – because clearly the thinking so far is wrong, must have a new theory – and they are playing like in the game you GMed

Which is to say, the bit from Bozo highlighted in red is a bit Suspicious. I thought Bozo is a machine who reads everything?
I forgot you had done that also, I should have checked.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1445 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:03 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:51 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:56 pm

This is a good question – a lot focus on rdr is recent. How does one know this if they haven't read between EOD and now? Other than being told "people are suspecting you" in Mafia Chat?
Because I read the last pages before posting and people either suspect me or just put me into the POE. And I don't have much to defend myself other then say that as Mafia I look a lot better then this.
What do you think you have done that looks bad that you would have avoided as mafia?
I voted for two town miskill and townread and defended a scum. I also missed both EOD Bur this I couldn't have done any different.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1446 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:02 pm

Rdrivera, it appears from this that, at the early part of D2, you had six suspects. Is that right?
No, I had two suspects and 4 that I didn’t have a townread. I would say I still suspect Bozo and you are now on my townreads. Worcej and Damo are my bog doubts now. I don't see a Bozo/Worcej team so maybe it's one of them and Damo.
What happened since the beginning of D2 for Jamie to go from one of your top scum reads to a town read?
I was scumreading Jamiet because I thought he was faking that tunnel on you but after D2 it's clear that being right or wrong he isn't faking.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1447 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:15 pm

I've been very disengaged during this phase. I've also trashed a lot of my reads after I was so wrong on Bona. The list is in descending order, and Rivera to Bozo are all on the similar tier. I just can't determine/sense anything and I fucked up what should have been a good informative day with my mishandling of the vote.

I'm not getting killed. There's definitely 3 players I could see getting launched out of here on N2.

Again, apologies to town for yesterday.

Koala: was thinking that no way with this play style be carried forth by mafia. It’s too divisive and becomes the distraction that mafia avoids to go deep. Now, I am really uncertain.

Rivera: There’s been engagement, there’s been reads. But I don’t know if I am falling prey to the noise/narrative that’s being pushed or what.

Worcej. Where I would have put them as definite Mafia, I am heavily, doubting that opinion now. I think I, and others, have talked me out of it. And I am sure it's all down to my own ego and hubris.

Jamie. On notes I had about Bona, I had mentioned something along the line of “ if Bona is mafia, then Jamie shouldn’t be on account of the day one vote.” obviously we know that the first part is not born out, but I do not know its impact on the second part. I believe Jamie to be an exceptional player and can play effectively as either alignment. I’ve seen the passion, but I’ve also observed a hyper focus that might indicate playing “gotcha” on certain things that might not be helpful in solving the game.

Bozo. I would’ve assumed that they're town but I don’t have the strongest feeling. I do suspect anyone that would follow me on an argument I’ve made about somebody. Especially when that argument is so poorly thought out and explain. That to me would arouse suspicion.

Flum: has put themselves out there in a way that suggests, “Nah, mafia would not draw the attention like that.” The PR/information claim for one stands out.

Damo. Saw some things on day one that would lead me to consider them town. I think the voting was a key component.

Hamilton Brian. Obviously town and reliable to make big mistakes.

bozotheclown

#1448 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:23 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:10 pm
Why am I seeing circular logic from you so much right now?

If Damo’s vote for rdr was context, how is mine for Bona not a reason?

damo explained why he was voting for rdrivera, you did not explain why you thought Bonatogether was town.

bozotheclown

#1449 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:31 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
worcej wrote:
But my choice did not force the board into a tie and cause certain death. When I voted, I voted into a tie with plenty of time left in the day for discussion.

There is a big difference between what I did and HB did.
Yes, but I think what HB did looks much more town motivated, and not just because I know I am town.
How is forcing a tie accidentally much more town motivated? If he is scum, I can easily see this as him just trying to buddy you if you’re town or trying to save your ass if you’re scum.
HB made the vote he wanted without regard to how it made him look, which makes it seem more town motivated.

HB risked looking suspicious and getting DKed by voting for Bonatogether, I don't see how any mafia would try to pocket someone under suspicion in that way. Maybe if I was about to flip town he could have done it for town credit, but HB prevented me from getting DKed.

I am town, but from your perspective it should seem very unlikely anyone as mafia would defend a teammate that blatantly.

bozotheclown

#1450 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:35 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:03 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:51 pm

Because I read the last pages before posting and people either suspect me or just put me into the POE. And I don't have much to defend myself other then say that as Mafia I look a lot better then this.
What do you think you have done that looks bad that you would have avoided as mafia?
I voted for two town miskill and townread and defended a scum. I also missed both EOD Bur this I couldn't have done any different.
I don't think TFB and Bonatogether would have seemed like the most likely DKs at the time you voted for them, even after your vote, so the only thing you could have done differently as mafia was to vote for other mafia or leave the TFB and Bonatogether wagons before EOD.

worcej

#1451 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:54 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:23 pm
worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

damo explained why he was voting for rdrivera, you did not explain why you thought Bonatogether was town.
I said he was more likely to be town than you. Damo listed 3 players and threw a dart out.

Fluminator

#1452 Post by Fluminator » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:55 pm

If I die, I endorse town to follow damo's and bozo's lead on the game. If it goes terribly, reanalyze on the final day and start from scratch. I have a pretty good feeling about this though.

I think the wagons should be between these three and it's mostly a tossup right now in my eyes on which 2 it is, with rdr ahead of the other 2.
rdrivera2005
worcej
KoalaAttack

I have a townread on Jamiet still. I could see him being scum with a very impressive game, but as of right now, I'd bet the game on him being town. Ditto Brian.

worcej

#1453 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:31 pm
worcej wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

HB made the vote he wanted without regard to how it made him look, which makes it seem more town motivated.

HB risked looking suspicious and getting DKed by voting for Bonatogether, I don't see how any mafia would try to pocket someone under suspicion in that way. Maybe if I was about to flip town he could have done it for town credit, but HB prevented me from getting DKed.

I am town, but from your perspective it should seem very unlikely anyone as mafia would defend a teammate that blatantly.
HB made his vote and didn't realize he tied the vote. His night phase play has been rather weird to assess because it could be town or scum here - both options make sense to me.

If I look at HB through the scum narrative, he knew he could force the tie and feign that he didn't realize it. He could play it off and protect/pocket you.

If I look at HB through the town narrative, you summarize it decently - but causing a tie, being told he did, and then tucking his tail due to feeling bad about it.

worcej

#1454 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:59 pm

Bozo, RDR, Damo <- current scum pool.

Towning Jamie, Koala, Flum

Watching HB

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1455 Post by Chaqa » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:00 pm

In lieu of GMs:

PLEASE HOLD

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1456 Post by Chaqa » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:03 pm

Interlude: The Ballad of Tony Camaro

Tony had always been a bit of an oddball, and that's exactly how he liked it. He was a man with a mullet, a love for classic rock, and a deep passion for his bright yellow Camaro. So when Tony decided he wanted to go to Chipotle for dinner, he knew it was going to be a zany adventure.

As he pulled up to the drive-thru window, he cranked up the volume on his car stereo and started belting out the lyrics to "Stairway to Heaven" at the top of his lungs. The Chipotle employee at the window looked at him with a mixture of confusion and amusement as Tony ordered a burrito with every topping they had.

As he drove home, burrito in hand, Tony couldn't wait to get back to his house and relax. He parked his Camaro in the driveway and headed inside, ready to smoke some weed and play with his dogs.

But things didn't go exactly as planned. As he lit up a joint and took a puff, he heard a strange noise coming from the backyard. He went to investigate and found that his dogs had somehow gotten themselves stuck in a tree.

Tony sprang into action, using his Camaro's engine to power a makeshift pulley system that he rigged up to the tree. He managed to rescue his dogs, and they all celebrated by playing a game of fetch in the backyard.

As the night went on, Tony continued to smoke weed and jam out to his favorite classic rock tunes. He danced with his dogs, talked to his plants, and even attempted to teach them how to play the guitar.

By the time he finally went to bed, Tony was exhausted but happy. He may have been a bit of a wild card, but he knew that his life was full of excitement and joy. And for Tony, that was all that really mattered.

And oh yeah damo has died. He was a VT.

You can post.

worcej

#1457 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:07 pm

Huh…

worcej

#1458 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:08 pm

I honestly thought Jamie or Flum were dead here.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1459 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:11 pm

Most standout thing I recall about damo was getting around to the potential pairs. That'd be a decent starting point.

Fluminator

#1460 Post by Fluminator » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:12 pm

Oh sweet, let's gooo
You the man damo