M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

#181 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:59 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:23 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:26 pm

There is absolutely no way of anybody knowing that unless they are Third Party.
I think this game is supposed to be a mini and I don't remember a mini with a third party, so my guess is we don't have one.

Jamiet, do you think a 3rd party Kak will start the game asking about 3rd party?
I do not know.
Hm, I thought you would think more about that. Well, fine, I guess it's fair that you wouldn't know my thoughts of that since I never was 3rd Party in any games here before. (and no, I'm also not 3rd party in this game.)

As many of you know, I normally prepare my my first post prior to any knowledge of role or affiliation. I also don't change them after I get that knowledge, so whatever role I have, it's pretty much guaranteed that my first post is from a town perspective.

So me asking about any role in that first post is pretty much NAI. Well, at least if I prepare that post in advance, that is. Normally I mention this if not, but I might or might not have lied about that or will lie about that in the future. (though the time of posting my first post might be an indicator there)

Also, in most cases my first post is fluff anyway, so it's probably a non issue, just that this no information setting just made me think and read much into brains words.

But fair if you don't believe me on that. I suggest though that you make up your mind about me with looking at more than just one post ;)

Kakarroto

#182 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:31 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:00 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:35 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:11 am
Ok so anyway, I will address why I said it was "slight sus" of Hamilton Brian to start numbering his posts.

Basically it just looks like try-harding. That is, the vibe I instinctively got from it was of someone being a little bit too eager to earn brownie points early; a little too eager to show that they'd read the rules and knew 10 posts were required. Maybe it's nothing, but I got a bad vibe from it.
to be fair, brain pushed this information onto us multiple times in the sign up thread, so that might be why it made an impression (I mean I even responded to that that neither rd nor bozo confirmed the 10 post at each day minimum, though I'm glad that I misunderstood that both would be eliminated for that).

Personally, I see it at annoying because it feels like those posts aren't meant as fully honest and are just there to push up the post number. Then again, would mafia do something like that? Normally town people do dumb sh ... things, but not so much mafia, right?
Disagree. Mafia are just as capable as town when it comes to weird or sub-optimal plays.
hmm ... well mafia player certainly have made some weird things, but normally they keep in mind much more how they look on the public mind/eyes of others, so they are more likely restraining themselves. Town is much more carefree in that regard, so I'd say overall the weird play is more of a town than a mafia sign. Well it certainly isn't definite proof, but it can be an indicator. At least from my experience.

Kakarroto

#183 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:58 am
Let's do a survey!

Question 1: What will happen if I ##Vote Bozotheclown ?
ghug goes down to only one vote and bozo goes up to one vote

but looking at the vote count I remembered Koala's reaction. I mean, the computer thing looks funny and such, but I'm very estranged that his own personality is locked behind something and cannot be activated by us. I first thought that it was a reaction test to see if anyone would want the real Koala, but with that lock certainly not.

also his brainbomb impression is extremely lacking. Brain would've posted more and brought out theories and tried to make people react. Instead Koala talks about brains birthday that just happened (on that note: happy birthday again, dear brainbomb) but not much more. I don't like it, feels too much like a smokescreen to hide behind.

Also I don't like his bona vote. Bona is a bit silent in this game, but I get good vibes from him. ##vote Koala Don't hide behind a wall of smoke.

Kakarroto

#184 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:47 pm

I also feel ghug is much more silent than in games before. I would love to hear more from him. So here some questions for ghug:

-) What do you think of bozo and boats absence? Do you think the GM's should ask about them?

-) On a scale from 1 to 10, how serious is your Jamie vote?

-) If you had a gun with a bullet for only D1, who would you shoot (or consider to shoot)?

Jamiet99uk

#185 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:50 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:26 pm
As many of you know, I normally prepare my my first post prior to any knowledge of role or affiliation. I also don't change them after I get that knowledge, so whatever role I have, it's pretty much guaranteed that my first post is from a town perspective.
How is that guaranteed?

Why do you automatically assume you will roll town, before you know what you've rolled?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#186 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:53 pm

Karrakoto wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:31 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Disagree. Mafia are just as capable as town when it comes to weird or sub-optimal plays.
hmm ... well mafia player certainly have made some weird things, but normally they keep in mind much more how they look on the public mind/eyes of others, so they are more likely restraining themselves. Town is much more carefree in that regard, so I'd say overall the weird play is more of a town than a mafia sign. Well it certainly isn't definite proof, but it can be an indicator. At least from my experience.
HB's post could come from the mindset of someone caring about how he looks, no?

That is: "I wanna subtly indicate I've read the special rules, that will make me look invested and attentive".

That's why I thought it was sus in the first place, as I mentioned.

Why could this not come from a Mafia mindset?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

Re: M1024; Panhandling [GAME THREAD]

#187 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:54 pm

Brian wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:44 am
I didn't think I was a "low volume" poster. Might take a bit to get going but...

...and I already effed up my HBPPT, so it's done with.

42 more hours for joke-posting.
For the record, HB stopped counting his posts when he reached post #7.

Jamiet99uk

#188 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:56 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:42 pm
##vote Koala Don't hide behind a wall of smoke.
I like this wagon and I will join it.

##Vote Koala

Enough performative silliness, more actual engagement please.

Jamiet99uk

#189 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:58 pm

Mild scumleans:

KoalaAttack
Hamilton Brian
Worcej

Mild townleans:

Ghug
Karrokoto
Chaqa

Kakarroto

#190 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:50 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
How is that guaranteed?

Why do you automatically assume you will roll town, before you know what you've rolled?
It's guaranteed because I don't have any other information but the setting/flavour post from the GM? I'm surprised you question that part and not the "don't change them after I get that knowledge".

I don't assume, but before I get the information, I only have the viewpoint from a town player. Well maybe less from an information point since at that point I don't know what role I have but I know I'm a player in that game. The rest comes naturally. Maybe it's just subconscious because I like being town much more than being mafia (or 3rd party, I think), but even disregarding that, with no information, everyone is kinda town, aren't they? Since they don't get influenced by any special information they have.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#191 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:02 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:10 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:54 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:41 am

there's a 3rd party? i didn't read the setup
Is this a dumbslip?
no, i posted it for this reaction
I am curious about this. What "reaction" were you expecting? What if no one reacted to it?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1024; Panhandling [GAME THREAD]

#192 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:04 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:54 pm
Brian wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:44 am
I didn't think I was a "low volume" poster. Might take a bit to get going but...

...and I already effed up my HBPPT, so it's done with.

42 more hours for joke-posting.
For the record, HB stopped counting his posts when he reached post #7.
Yes, after I realized I had neglected to number a post. I then knew I couldn't keep it up so it was easily abandoned.

Kakarroto

#193 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:53 pm
Karrakoto wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:31 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

HB's post could come from the mindset of someone caring about how he looks, no?

That is: "I wanna subtly indicate I've read the special rules, that will make me look invested and attentive".

That's why I thought it was sus in the first place, as I mentioned.

Why could this not come from a Mafia mindset?
I guess that's just a difference in how we interpret it. With that mindset you describe I give you it could be motivated from a mafia viewpoint. But for me it looks more like a carefree 'I do what I want and no one tells me what to do'. At least I think it's a much weaker sign compared to others. But I might be wrong.

Kakarroto

#194 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:13 pm

But Hamilton, since you are here, what are your thoughts on:

-) Koala the smoking computer?

-) Bona the second highest wagon?

-) damo's single line postings?

We don't have much content right now, so I'd appreciate if your thoughts on that are a bit extended. Also if you have some questions, don't hesitate shoot.

Jamiet99uk

#195 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:17 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:59 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:
How is that guaranteed?

It's guaranteed because I don't have any other information but the setting/flavour post from the GM? I'm surprised you question that part and not the "don't change them after I get that knowledge".

I don't assume, but before I get the information, I only have the viewpoint from a town player. Well maybe less from an information point since at that point I don't know what role I have but I know I'm a player in that game. The rest comes naturally. Maybe it's just subconscious because I like being town much more than being mafia (or 3rd party, I think), but even disregarding that, with no information, everyone is kinda town, aren't they? Since they don't get influenced by any special information they have.
Everyone will be sorted into two or more factions, of which town is one.

Town is not neutral.

Kakarroto

#196 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:30 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:17 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:59 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

How is that guaranteed?

Everyone will be sorted into two or more factions, of which town is one.

Town is not neutral.
well, true, but from an informational standpoint, town stays practically the same after the role PM while Mafia gains a huge information boost. Maybe I'm doing it wrong and tend too much to a towns perspective in my first posts. But I guess that's just who I am. I know I have a town bias. Probably because I always want to be a good guy (which regarding game mechanic makes no sense, but regarding flavour it does).

Also, come to think about it, even if I roll mafia, appearing guaranteed town with the first post also has it advantages. So I probably wont stop that. My honest advice to you all is to just take my first post as NAI and use other means to determine my alignment.

Fluminator

#197 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:53 pm

Ok, I guess Koala has a gun now. Gg koala I don't know if it was intentional.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#198 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:58 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:13 pm
But Hamilton, since you are here, what are your thoughts on:

-) Koala the smoking computer?

-) Bona the second highest wagon?

-) damo's single line postings?

We don't have much content right now, so I'd appreciate if your thoughts on that are a bit extended. Also if you have some questions, don't hesitate shoot.
Glad you asked.

1) I think Koala's posting is funny. But just. I think they're town, but the posting is anti-town in my opinion, because it's either distracting or confusing to the point of ignoring.

2) I'll chalk Bona as the 2nd highest wagon up to just "Day 1" settling. I think I've learned not to read too much into what happens the first day.

3) Hadn't considered much about Damo's posting. Should I? Is there something standing out about it to you?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#199 Post by dargorygel » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:06 pm

##GM CIRCUS ANALSIS (VC 1.2)
Welcome, boys and girls, children of most ages, to the Circus of the Soon to be Damned. Direct your vision to the display on the left of the Three Ring Center of this Circus. Our Circus Analyzer has been counting swings at the Strong Man Hammer Swinging Strength Detector.
As so many have taken swings, hoping to make the bell ring and someone’s bell be rung, here are the levels displayed.

KoalaAttack (3): bona, kaka, Jamie
Bonatogether (2): damo, Koala
Jamiet99uk (1): ghug
ghug (1): Flum

So right now, circus folk, see that KoalaAttack has the highest score.
However bozo, Hamilton, rdr, Boatman, and worcej have not registered a swing.

And in fact, Koala, damo, bona, rdr, bozo, and Boat have not swung the hammer with sufficient Strength to Register at this event.

The Circus will remain open for many hours.

Jamiet99uk

#200 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:08 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:53 pm
Ok, I guess Koala has a gun now. Gg koala I don't know if it was intentional.
What?