Twenty Questions - 4 Score & Bumfitt - Multiball Madness!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Twenty Questions - 4 Score & Bumfitt - Multiball Madness!

#101 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:00 am

Octavious wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:30 pm
Besides which, all you had to do to win the game is guess a dozen wrong answers, using up all the questions and ensuring han was unable to beat you.

I was half expecting Jamie to do exactly that after Robert the Bruce, truth be told
Damn, that didn't occur to me, hah.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

JECE

#102 Post by JECE » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:14 am

Octavious wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:42 am
We're diplomacy players. There's no such thing as dirty ;)
Ah, but there is is beauty in mercilessly crushing your foe with honor, great beauty. Think of one fell sweep, as a samurai swiftly decapitating a vanquished, kneeling foe. And compare with 'Is it one fish? Is it two fish? Is it red fish? Is it blue fish? Is it black? Does it get up in the morning? Has it visited the International Space Station? Is its unladen airspeed velocity somewhere between that of an African and a European swallow? Is it coco for coco-pufs? Can it speak Klingon? How about Esperanto? Does it have exactly seven legs?', etc.
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421

Kakarroto

#103 Post by Kakarroto » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:15 am

Octavious wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:42 am
We're diplomacy players. There's no such thing as dirty ;)
I don't let a game decide my personality. Maybe bend a few traits so the game is more enjoyable for you and me, but I will never let it dictate who I am. Moreover this isn't diplomacy so there is now need for certain tactics. :-)

But you made me think, we maybe need a rule (or a suggestion) that forbids (or deters) from malicious behaviour intended to ruin the game for others. Well maybe a friendly reminder might be all that's needed since we didn't really have an incident in the previous games and too much rules ruin the fun. But something like "play this game for fun, not to ruin it for others" shouldn't be too restrictive? Maybe I'm overthinking it and it's only because of the special game setup that such a thing might've been possible, but what are your thoughts about it?

damo666

#104 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:51 am

Not more than 2 consecutive questions from any individual player. We seem to do this already but self policing. Free guesses not counting.

Falied conditionals not counting.

This rule would also make nested conditionals illegal..