MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1701 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:19 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:10 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:04 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:55 am

he started actually trying and it felt more like town TFB to me. I think that was about the time I mentioned 'receipts' from him searching up damo's past games, but I'll have to go back through his posts to point out exactly what resonated. I just remember some genuine excitement over his theory in an exchange with I think Bunny
I haver a theory where you and ghug are mafia trying to set up eventual mis-kills of Bonatogether, Chaqa, and damo.
oh, well, buckle up then.

this was going to be a vca but it turned into a case.

damo's progression is mystifying to me.
damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:08 pm
Town core

BK3K
brain
Chaqa
damo
FLum
Koala
rdr

Unwilling to vote today

Bona
Bozo
Bunny
ghug

Scumpool

lfischl
Eden
Sword
TFB
this is at t-10h, roughly
damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:43 pm
##vote Bunny (starts with B)

Will switch to TFB to save Chaqa if necessary.

Should be around EOD
this is only a few hours later, at t-6:17.

if you're going to be around at EOD, why on Earth would you vote someone you just got through saying you were unwilling to vote today, in order to "save" somebody else with six hours to go?

damo switches to lfischl around the 4hr mark, which is fair enough. but around the same time he's involved in some back-and-forth with TFB, who has become a lead wagon and is in his scum pool, yet he never votes TFB. TFB remained a viable wagon until the Bunny dogpile in the final minutes. damo instead ends the day on Bunny, someone he would not kill, having switched there to break a tie on Bona, someone else he would not kill, while TFB, someone in his scum pool, is viable the whole way down.

there have been other issues too:
- damo holds onto this "vote among the Bs" bit despite suggesting in multiple replies that it's a joke/not otherwise to be taken seriously. the reasoning is arbitrary as others (brain, I think TFB as well) pointed out.
- damo seemingly lock towns Chaqa based off of Chaqa riffing in an easily exploitable way off of an easily exploited "tell," committing himself for the final several hours of the day to saving Chaqa at the expense of consistency with his actual suspects.
- I've been reticent to mention this out of fear of it being sour grapes, but scumming me for expressing awe at our bad luck d1 struck me as an arbitrary grasp for a scumread less overtly nonserious than "vote among the Bs."

his whole game feels like he's just here to be here. I think it was the game I hosted recently where I noticed that when he's mafia he tends to construct arbitrary premises that allow him to reach superficially logical conclusions within those premises which advance scum's current agenda. obviously, I can't spell out for you exactly how he's doing it here, but his method here is indistinguishable (for me anyway) from his scum method.
I'll address this nonsense when on laptop rather than mobile.

KoalaAttack

#1702 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:20 am

And of course I couldn't resist one more "find on page" while waiting for the server to restart... sigh...

ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:26 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:27 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:16 am

i make many but people don't read my posts as often as they should
First Bona earns Townie points in my book for making an excellent points.

Second Bona immediately loses them all for this arrogant statement.

Net zero!
What's scummy about arrogance?
Arrogance in general, nothing. Bona proudly pointing out how excellent-point-filled their posts are after a gazillion of obvious shitposts sounds like Squealer from Animal Farm. Especially coupled with the whole "buddying" of newbies (myself included).

This is why Bona subtly moved to suspect #1 in lieu of Chaqa on my 2.0 list.

KoalaAttack

#1703 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:23 am

lfischl wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:09 am
I remember correctly shooting flum as vig one time, don’t remember playing anything else with him
Thank you – I will of course look for confirmation from Fluminator :)

ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:23 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:58 am
Question for folks who know lfischl well – given the above, would lfischl try the same strategy for a 2nd game in a row as Mafia?
He always lurks. I suspect he regularly scumreads other lurkers regardless of role.
Thank you

KoalaAttack

#1704 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:24 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:14 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:03 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:34 am
Well, I miss EOD and you kill an innocent Bunny.

I am starting to move 3K and fisch to my scum pile, together with TFB. Probably wrong on one of them as all 3 scum voting Bunny isn't likely. I am also starting to get bad vibes from Ghug.
Genuine townslip I believe.
Oh I would have missed the actual "townslip" there if you didn't mention it. I doubt it's genuine. I refuse to believe that after all these games rdr would go into a game be like oh yeah, I am totally in a 13/3 setup with a one shot dayvig to boot.
OK, I re-read this 3 times now and I still don't get it – what/where is the townslip here? Is this a Mafia jargon thing?

damo666

#1705 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:28 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:35 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:37 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:01 am

I feel more grounded with the damo case for sure. The pieces fit together in my head pretty well.

My conclusions with ghug feel a bit surface level, but I can't figure out what he was trying to do.

They should both consider those open invitations to fill me in lol.
It seems damo would have to be mafia with TFB for some of that to be scum motivated.
I mean there is the alternative explanation, namely that damo did not care about his contrived read list when he was receiving a good amount of pressure entering EoD and just panicked and tried to ride momentum to get out and was afraid going head to head against me would get his head on a pike.

So he acted in pure self-preservation and went on lfischl thinking he was an easy kill. After seeing no vote gets on it for 3 hours (I am assuming given the timing of it he didn't see Flum's as he was writing his post) he decided to explicitly note that he wanted to join a popular wagon to save Chaqa.

Then he jumped to Bona, despite Bona being on his unwilling to vote list because he was the wagon with the most real steam behind it.

Then after seeing Bona's wagon lose two votes and a Bunny wagon rise quickly, picking up 4 votes in 3 minutes, Damo hops on a few minutes after and votes Bunny in an attempt to ensure he doesn't become the largest counterwagon as Bona's seems destined to fall apart momentum wise. In doing so he votes for yet another person he was unwilling to vote for and does so at EOD.

Being flexible and doing what you think is best when given shit options is good town play, but if I am to believe that was what Damo was doing I'd expect him to TRY to do something before resigning himself to making that tradeoff. But he didn't.

He shades Eden for something that to me seems NAI and then posts his contrived reads list which he then promptly ignores. At no point does he ever push a serious case or wagon on Eden despite tossing a vote on him. And yes he shades me as well, but he doesn't bother ever pushing it either with even a vote. To me that's indicative that Damo is scum scared to go to war head to head and lose not that he's on a scum team with the reads he made but never pushed.

Can't fault his read because it clearly worked to burn one miskill, but it's a shame we let it happen.
From memory this is a pretty good summary of my town self pres vote r asoning.

Re the weakness of the Eden or any other case it was day 1 before any flip! The only hard data we had was FLum vig and a dead cop

damo666

#1706 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:30 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:24 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Oh I would have missed the actual "townslip" there if you didn't mention it. I doubt it's genuine. I refuse to believe that after all these games rdr would go into a game be like oh yeah, I am totally in a 13/3 setup with a one shot dayvig to boot.
OK, I re-read this 3 times now and I still don't get it – what/where is the townslip here? Is this a Mafia jargon thing?
There are 4 mafia, not 3.

I'm NOT crediting you with a townslip for this though!

KoalaAttack

#1707 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:40 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:30 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Oh, now I get it, thank you!

I don't want any such credit though – and I am not sure this is a townslip. You read rdr's "all 3 scum" to mean all 3 Mafia in the game, which I agree would be a Townie slip. But the reason I never saw it was I read it as "all 3 of the exactly 3 people he just called Mafia in the sentence before, red below"

rdrivera2005 wrote:

I am starting to move 3K and fisch to my scum pile, together with TFB. Probably wrong on one of them as all 3 scum voting Bunny isn't likely. I am also starting to get bad vibes from Ghug.

damo666

#1708 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:52 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:40 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:30 am
KoalaAttack wrote:

Oh, now I get it, thank you!

I don't want any such credit though – and I am not sure this is a townslip. You read rdr's "all 3 scum" to mean all 3 Mafia in the game, which I agree would be a Townie slip. But the reason I never saw it was I read it as "all 3 of the exactly 3 people he just called Mafia in the sentence before, red below"

rdrivera2005 wrote:

Yeah that's a possible interpretation.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1709 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:53 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:16 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:

There are 4 mafia, and my guess is that 3 ended up voting for BunnyGo.
That's true (the 4 Mafia) and we are screwed. We have only 2 misskills left and even a doc save won't change this. Not looking good.

Maybe 3 voted for Bunny. Still think I am probably wrong on one of this three I listed.

TheFlyingBoat

#1710 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:14 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:28 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:37 am

It seems damo would have to be mafia with TFB for some of that to be scum motivated.
I mean there is the alternative explanation, namely that damo did not care about his contrived read list when he was receiving a good amount of pressure entering EoD and just panicked and tried to ride momentum to get out and was afraid going head to head against me would get his head on a pike.

So he acted in pure self-preservation and went on lfischl thinking he was an easy kill. After seeing no vote gets on it for 3 hours (I am assuming given the timing of it he didn't see Flum's as he was writing his post) he decided to explicitly note that he wanted to join a popular wagon to save Chaqa.

Then he jumped to Bona, despite Bona being on his unwilling to vote list because he was the wagon with the most real steam behind it.

Then after seeing Bona's wagon lose two votes and a Bunny wagon rise quickly, picking up 4 votes in 3 minutes, Damo hops on a few minutes after and votes Bunny in an attempt to ensure he doesn't become the largest counterwagon as Bona's seems destined to fall apart momentum wise. In doing so he votes for yet another person he was unwilling to vote for and does so at EOD.

Being flexible and doing what you think is best when given shit options is good town play, but if I am to believe that was what Damo was doing I'd expect him to TRY to do something before resigning himself to making that tradeoff. But he didn't.

He shades Eden for something that to me seems NAI and then posts his contrived reads list which he then promptly ignores. At no point does he ever push a serious case or wagon on Eden despite tossing a vote on him. And yes he shades me as well, but he doesn't bother ever pushing it either with even a vote. To me that's indicative that Damo is scum scared to go to war head to head and lose not that he's on a scum team with the reads he made but never pushed.

Can't fault his read because it clearly worked to burn one miskill, but it's a shame we let it happen.

Re the weakness of the Eden or any other case it was day 1 before any flip! The only hard data we had was FLum vig and a dead cop
I mean then find something on vibes and push it in a serious manner. I was the leading wagon and instead of hopping on the competing wagons at the time, I called them stupid like they were and pushed a wagon on someone I believed to be scum with an actual case.

Yes, it is D1. No, that isn't an excuse to do fuck all. Like yes there is a shitposting and RVS phase to it, but given that mafia have complete info about alignments and their own objective, you can eventually piece together a map of who is what on D1 with some level of accuracy.

You'll be wrong plenty, but like I said, that's not an excuse, because it's better for townies to do things that way than self-pres and punt on the day.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1711 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:43 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
damo666 wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I knew there were 4 Maf. I read the setup. But somehow I thought like last game were it was 3 (and I was one). Believe it or not.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1712 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:58 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:14 am
damo666 wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

I mean then find something on vibes and push it in a serious manner. I was the leading wagon and instead of hopping on the competing wagons at the time, I called them stupid like they were and pushed a wagon on someone I believed to be scum with an actual case.

Yes, it is D1. No, that isn't an excuse to do fuck all. Like yes there is a shitposting and RVS phase to it, but given that mafia have complete info about alignments and their own objective, you can eventually piece together a map of who is what on D1 with some level of accuracy.

You'll be wrong plenty, but like I said, that's not an excuse, because it's better for townies to do things that way than self-pres and punt on the day.
Can you explain how "you can eventually piece together a map of who is what on D1 with some level of accuracy" on D1? Considering you ended voting Bunny I don't see such level of accuracy.
I am tryng to distinguish if you are just too pretentious or scum pushing for misskils.

TheFlyingBoat

#1713 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:08 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:58 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Can you explain how "you can eventually piece together a map of who is what on D1 with some level of accuracy" on D1? Considering you ended voting Bunny I don't see such level of accuracy.
I am tryng to distinguish if you are just too pretentious or scum pushing for misskils.
I repeatedly urged people to hop off both of the leading wagons and vote for damo, but no one listened. I only voted for bungo to save Bona who anyone with a brain can tell is town.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1714 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:29 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:08 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

I repeatedly urged people to hop off both of the leading wagons and vote for damo, but no one listened. I only voted for bungo to save Bona who anyone with a brain can tell is town.
Agree about Bonq but still waiting an answer on the map of who is what.

On my POV D1 is more of a popularity contest and anyone that is out of the usual way to play like Bona or Bunny or Chaqa usually end being a wagon.

damo666

#1715 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:44 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:19 am
President Eden wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:04 am

I haver a theory where you and ghug are mafia trying to set up eventual mis-kills of Bonatogether, Chaqa, and damo.

damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:08 pm
Town core

BK3K
brain
Chaqa
damo
FLum
Koala
rdr

Unwilling to vote today

Bona
Bozo
Bunny
ghug

Scumpool

lfischl
Eden
Sword
TFB
damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:43 pm
##vote Bunny (starts with B)

Will switch to TFB to save Chaqa if necessary.

Should be around EOD

if you're going to be around at EOD, why on Earth would you vote someone you just got through saying you were unwilling to vote today, in order to "save" somebody else with six hours to go?

damo switches to lfischl around the 4hr mark, which is fair enough. but around the same time he's involved in some back-and-forth with TFB, who has become a lead wagon and is in his scum pool, yet he never votes TFB. TFB remained a viable wagon until the Bunny dogpile in the final minutes. damo instead ends the day on Bunny, someone he would not kill, having switched there to break a tie on Bona, someone else he would not kill, while TFB, someone in his scum pool, is viable the whole way down.

- damo holds onto this "vote among the Bs" bit despite suggesting in multiple replies that it's a joke/not otherwise to be taken seriously. the reasoning is arbitrary as others (brain, I think TFB as well) pointed out.
- damo seemingly lock towns Chaqa based off of Chaqa riffing in an easily exploitable way off of an easily exploited "tell," committing himself for the final several hours of the day to saving Chaqa at the expense of consistency with his actual suspects.
- I've been reticent to mention this out of fear of it being sour grapes, but scumming me for expressing awe at our bad luck d1 struck me as an arbitrary grasp for a scumread less overtly nonserious than "vote among the Bs."

his whole game feels like he's just here to be here. I think it was the game I hosted recently where I noticed that when he's mafia he tends to construct arbitrary premises that allow him to reach superficially logical conclusions within those premises which advance scum's current agenda. obviously, I can't spell out for you exactly how he's doing it here, but his method here is indistinguishable (for me anyway) from his scum method.
Original vote anti BonaSpam and riding the B train

Voted you based on admittedly flimsy case. A post of yours soon after made me rethink so decided to move vote. My priority was to avoid a Chaqa kill (I'm convinced he's town) and he seemed in grave danger. Chose Bunny to maintain the B theme (and he had gone quiet). Bit later decided to switch to fish to put pressure on and he's always a good vote.

Voted Bona to save Chaqa.

Switched back to Bunny as I thought him a better flip than Bona.

There's was no point voting TFB as he was voting me and could switch to Bona/Bunny to self save.

As for your last para I keep referring back to the obvious that it was day 1. The only good thing was the bad thing! That is Flum killing Jamie and the reaction to it gave us some meat.

damo666

#1716 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:46 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:08 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Thankfully nobody listened because your case is just so much alphabetti spaghetti.

bozotheclown

#1717 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:15 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:44 am
damo666 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Voted you based on admittedly flimsy case. A post of yours soon after made me rethink so decided to move vote. My priority was to avoid a Chaqa kill (I'm convinced he's town) and he seemed in grave danger. Chose Bunny to maintain the B theme (and he had gone quiet). Bit later decided to switch to fish to put pressure on and he's always a good vote.

There's was no point voting TFB as he was voting me and could switch to Bona/Bunny to self save.

As for your last para I keep referring back to the obvious that it was day 1. The only good thing was the bad thing! That is Flum killing Jamie and the reaction to it gave us some meat.
Why did you choose Bonatogether over TFB at the time you voted for Bonatogether?

bozotheclown

#1718 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:27 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
damo666 wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Criticizing the other wagons is not inconsistent with being mafia, it can be an effective scum ploy to get town read while pocketing the other players.

bozotheclown

#1719 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:37 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:34 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:45 am

what does this mean
BunnyGo did not have any votes when ghug voted for him 13 minutes before EOD, but BunnyGo was a wagon 4 hours before EOD and had some players suspecting him, so I assume ghug was not randomly starting a new wagon and knew that there were likely players willing to switch back to BunnyGo.
You're accusing me of knowing that two specific people would switch back o once he already had several votes again, though. And it doesn't matter either way, because my intent was to keep the Bunny wagon alive and competitive even as I switched to Bona.
That is not what I said.

I can see your EOD voting as trying to keep the wagons competitive, except that you seemed to only want it to be competitive between BunnyGo, Bonatogether, and damo, despite TFB being on your short list of players you would vote for.

damo666

#1720 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:38 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:15 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:44 am
damo666 wrote:

Why did you choose Bonatogether over TFB at the time you voted for Bonatogether?
My principle objective was to save Chaqa who imv would have been a mk. Bona was already voting TFB but TFB was voting me and could switch to Bona making Bona the better bet from a Chaqa save pov. Also ofc Bona begins with B.