MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
KoalaAttack

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#4201 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:09 am

But seriously, I've come to realize something:

Chaqa – just trolls, and survives to the game end... did this last game as Townie, doing it differently this game

lfischl – spends about 1/23rd of the time on this game than I do... and survives to the game end... did this last game as Mafia, doing it the same this game

KoalaAttack – tries hard to play the game as it's meant to be played... dies, repeatedly.

At least I will learn a valuable lesson :)

Bonatogether

#4202 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:00 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:04 am
Koala claimed scum!

##Vote Koala
but chaqa...you claimed scum too!!!

ooga booga
chest thumping at mafia prowess

BK3K

#4203 Post by BK3K » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:10 am

The Post Where I Actually Do Something
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:11 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:10 am
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:07 am
##vote Chaqa

Very sus
What?
Think about it
I did a tactic and I want to tell you about it.

I believe that Bona, Koala, and me are town. I kinda believe Chaqa is town. I don't much believe TFB or fisch are town.

At the time I did the above, I think the vote count was 3 fish vs. 1 boat (a classic battle). I thought, this won't tell us much. If these are the only two wagons, they'll just vote for each other. They would do the same regardless of alignment. So let's add a 3rd wagon and see if they jump on it.

May I present to the jury Exhibit A:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:59 am

As bad as lfischl looks, we shouldn't rule out a Chaqa/Koala team. I don't think BK is bad after doing more VCA. Will need to think more on it.

Gonna re-read these two in a bit more deeply to see if I am right or going way too galaxy brained.
This is too galaxy brain for me. I have a real hard time believing this is the duo. @Bona, do some research if he sussed either of these previously. Otherwise, it looks like you bit the bait I threw out there.
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:10 am
So the question is – did TFB really not see all these other folks "latching on" to same things about Chaqa or President Eden? I mean, BK3K has been pretty blunt about expressing the Chaqa-trolling suspicions for instance. So, like, if this is a Mafia frame attempt, why is it so bad? Does it mean it's an honest mistake?
Amen, my Koala brother. I'm going to call you a Mother Fucker, but in like a Samuel L. Jackson way, a compliment.

May I present to the jury Exhibit B:
lfischl wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:00 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:56 pm
i'm unhappy with the lfischl wagon because he's just so hard to read

he has fewer posts than jamie
what do you think about chaqa? I think TFB said it earlier but I could see a chaqa/koala team. I think it's more likely chaqa/tfb but I chaqa is definitely scum in my eyes. Also I was roleblocked for some reason
Another bite at Chaqa and another presentation of Chaqa/Koala. I don't buy it personally.
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:27 pm
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:26 pm
lfischl wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:42 pm

I did yeah, no clue why
Possibilities include:

A) you're lying
[*] You are saying this because you're scum and only town can be role blocked. It's a round about way of claiming town
[*] You're town and a lunatic

B) you're not lying
[*] Scum is trolling
[*]Scum want this exact situation to raise uncertainty
You're town in 3/4 if those, so I'd say it's 25% you're scum. Damo, fact check me in that
In my opinion and my math, there is a 25% chance that you are approaching 100% lying.

I do believe the last scum are TheFlyingBoat and lfischl.

Because I have no fucking idea, to be intellectually honest, here is where my theory could fall apart:
  • They both proposed Chaqa/Koala combo
  • For this to be true, I would have to be completely not paying attention (true)
    and
  • Bona to be completely fooled (less likely)
I'll also add I think it might be one of these two and chaqa, but I think that's less likely (even though chaqa is in 2 of 3 combinations, so is 67% scum by my joke math)

Given the small chance chaqa is scum, I think I need to pick who I think is more scum, but I'll vote for one of those two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_f4-5E ... MovieClips

BK3K

#4204 Post by BK3K » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:23 am

lfischl wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:57 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:47 pm
BK3K wrote:
You're town in 3/4 if those, so I'd say it's 25% you're scum. Damo, fact check me in that
Speaks to the dead. Funny or Suspicious?

I do agree with lfischl's assessment of the 2 people trolly enough to do a fake-out RB being Chaqa-the-troll-king & Bona-the-shitpost-king.

Also, I got a PM from a GM at the beginning of this game that told me I'm a Vanilla Townie ***

*** – this statement is about as verifiable and as useful to the rest of us as lfischl's RB claim
more funny than sus imo, I'm gonna ##vote chaqa though
also this

Bonatogether

#4205 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:31 am

bishkek just towncored himself with that post

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4206 Post by dargorygel » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:57 am

A bit of tactical fluff

Around 1620, the word TACTICS began to appear as a noun, describing the methodology of arranging and controlling military forces for combat. It’s origin was a ‘modern’ (17th century) Latin word, “tactica,’ which in turn has its origin in the greek, “tactikos,” referring to ‘arrangement,’ not necessarily in warfare.

In 1766, the word took a shift to the left. As a polite insult, the word began to be used to refer mockingly to someone who had a TINY BIT of military skill… not enough for ‘tactics,’ but just a mere tactic.

By the mid 1800’s the word had lost it’s insult, and Napoleon, among others, was praised as a tactical genius.

In the 20th century, a new candy was developed, that had nothing to do with war. But the word ‘tactic’ was syllabrically reversed, and ‘tictac’ was suddenly popular.

One wonders at the tactic of tictacs. One wonders at the use of tictacs in military tactics. One wonders at the oddity of full reversal, ‘scitcat,’ or ‘satcit.’

One wonders at the:

VOTE COUNT
KoalaAttack (3): Chaqa, BK3K, KoalaAttack
TheFlyingBoat(1): Bonatogether
Chaqa (1): lfischl

Koala is an endangered species.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4207 Post by Chaqa » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:57 am

I've been nursing a townread on B3K all game.

I'd be quite shocked if it isn't Lfischl/TFB, but I do want to vote Lfischl first every time.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4208 Post by Chaqa » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:57 am

##Vote Lfischl

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4209 Post by Chaqa » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:11 am

I think that's my final vote for today.

I think I towncore Bona and B3K.

Lfischl is scumcore.

TFB is probably the last scum. Koala... maybe.

Bonatogether

#4210 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:24 am

BK3K wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:10 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:

As bad as lfischl looks, we shouldn't rule out a Chaqa/Koala team. I don't think BK is bad after doing more VCA. Will need to think more on it.

Gonna re-read these two in a bit more deeply to see if I am right or going way too galaxy brained.
This is too galaxy brain for me. I have a real hard time believing this is the duo. @Bona, do some research if he sussed either of these previously. Otherwise, it looks like you bit the bait I threw out there.
eod1 townread on chaqa
n1 townread on chaqa
some stuff d2/n2/d3 that avoid giving a read (ex)
eon3:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:58 pm
This is going to sound really pathetic...but I just don't know who the last three can be.

<snip>

Like I look at this and I see the team based on the votes being something like ghug/chaqa/rdr/lfischl, but I don't fully like it. Will think on it more, but I am admittedly overwhelmed with 2 jobs rn and don't really feel confident in myself rn. I'll get over it soon prolly, but I don't know how I could have been wrong there.
in which he does scumread chaqa and lfischl but heavily hedges it.

early d4 similar take to eon3 (unquoted)

mid-d4 take - moving away from chaqa scumread at a time when he was tied with chaqa.
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:46 am
##vote bk3k

maybe this gets me an OMGUS return vote but I feel better about this than Chaqa if lfischl is supposed to be a teammate like many do.

Now I could see a world in which it is ghug/BK3K/Chaqa + 1 but again I don't like either rdr or bozo as bussers here very much. I suppose I could see it being Koala, but I found his early game pretty towny so idk.
then today you've covered

-----

no d1 mention of lfischl
n1 implied townread of lfischl, but placing him in the PoE
d2 says that some things lfischl have done can be interpreted as scum indicative
n2 implied townread of lfischl
same eon3 post as for chaqa that puts him as scum but heavily hedged read
same mid d4 take that doesn't actually scumread lfischl but uses the fact that he was heavily scumread to reason based on scum lfischl
eod4 voted lfischl to save eden, tried to pull for his wagon
d5 voted for lfischl, only person to vote and not end on neon

today you've covered

tl;dr:
boat man avoids hard scumreading chaqa despite putting him in a guess at the scumpool, and only goes for lfischl when other scum are about to die (d4/eden kill) or the day is clearly going a different direction (d5/neon kill)

Bonatogether

#4211 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:26 am

i prefer boat man but if lfischl is where we're going, i'll put my vote there

Bonatogether

#4212 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:27 am

i think chaqa is just right

i'm basically there as well

KoalaAttack

#4213 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:31 am

BK3K wrote:
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:11 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:10 am

What?
Think about it
I did a tactic and I want to tell you about it.

I believe that Bona, Koala, and me are town. I kinda believe Chaqa is town. I don't much believe TFB or fisch are town.

At the time I did the above, I think the vote count was 3 fish vs. 1 boat (a classic battle). I thought, this won't tell us much. If these are the only two wagons, they'll just vote for each other. They would do the same regardless of alignment. So let's add a 3rd wagon and see if they jump on it.

TheFlyingBoat wrote:

KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:10 am
So the question is – did TFB really not see all these other folks "latching on" to same things about Chaqa or President Eden? I mean, BK3K has been pretty blunt about expressing the Chaqa-trolling suspicions for instance. So, like, if this is a Mafia frame attempt, why is it so bad? Does it mean it's an honest mistake?
Amen, my Koala brother. I'm going to call you a Mother Fucker, but in like a Samuel L. Jackson way, a compliment.

May I present to the jury Exhibit B:
lfischl wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:00 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:56 pm
i'm unhappy with the lfischl wagon because he's just so hard to read

he has fewer posts than jamie
what do you think about chaqa? I think TFB said it earlier but I could see a chaqa/koala team. I think it's more likely chaqa/tfb but I chaqa is definitely scum in my eyes. Also I was roleblocked for some reason
Another bite at Chaqa and another presentation of Chaqa/Koala. I don't buy it personally.
BK3K wrote:
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:26 pm

Possibilities include:

A) you're lying
[*] You are saying this because you're scum and only town can be role blocked. It's a round about way of claiming town
[*] You're town and a lunatic

B) you're not lying
[*] Scum is trolling
[*]Scum want this exact situation to raise uncertainty
In my opinion and my math, there is a 25% chance that you are approaching 100% lying.

I do believe the last scum are TheFlyingBoat and lfischl.

Because I have no fucking idea, to be intellectually honest, here is where my theory could fall apart:
  • They both proposed Chaqa/Koala combo
  • For this to be true, I would have to be completely not paying attention (true)
    and
  • Bona to be completely fooled (less likely)
I'll also add I think it might be one of these two and chaqa, but I think that's less likely (even though chaqa is in 2 of 3 combinations, so is 67% scum by my joke math)

Given the small chance chaqa is scum, I think I need to pick who I think is more scum, but I'll vote for one of those two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_f4-5E ... MovieClips
This is a good post.

Also, I will not treat the Samuel Jackson reference as Cussing Out because Samuel Jackson is an extra cool individual.

KoalaAttack

#4214 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:35 am

I think there are good arguments being made for TFB, but I just can't get over the fact that lfischl still did absolute zero helpful Townie things even after being explicitly called out for it. And lfischl didn't even try to defend their shameless Saving of Eden.

##VOTE lfischl

Until I have a real reason to do otherwise. And if lfischl flips Mafia, I will indeed revisit my view of the Chaqa trolling as promised.

BK3K

#4215 Post by BK3K » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:44 am

There is a small fear in the back of my head that the scum is Bona/Chaqa and my post was the final key to their victory.

But this is just because I'm full of doubt. I trust my original post tho because:
  • town Bozo's analysis
  • The fact that no one is scum reading Bona
  • I cannot believe Koala is mafia
I'm sticking to my guns here. If it's wrong, very well played.

I don't know who to pick, I'll wait a bit more

No more MKs, right, even if we get it right today?

And the 4 town have to agree or else it'll tie? Tho if a scum votes for themself to tie and save their partner, it's effectively a no-kill and they exposed themselves. So idk

Bonatogether

#4216 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:48 am

BK3K wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:44 am
There is a small fear in the back of my head that the scum is Bona/Chaqa and my post was the final key to their victory.

But this is just because I'm full of doubt. I trust my original post tho because:
  • town Bozo's analysis
  • The fact that no one is scum reading Bona
  • I cannot believe Koala is mafia
I'm sticking to my guns here. If it's wrong, very well played.

I don't know who to pick, I'll wait a bit more

No more MKs, right, even if we get it right today?

And the 4 town have to agree or else it'll tie? Tho if a scum votes for themself to tie and save their partner, it's effectively a no-kill and they exposed themselves. So idk
there are no more miskills. we can no-kill, though, but we lose one townie.

4 people agreeing guarantees a kill. of course, there's various other combinations that will cause a kill to happen, but really the vote should either be 4-2 or no kill at all.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4217 Post by Chaqa » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:50 am

If we no kill and Bona or B3 dies I don’t see how we don’t still kill Lfischl

Bonatogether

#4218 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:53 am

##vote lfischl

BK3K

#4219 Post by BK3K » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:55 am

##vote lfischl

TheFlyingBoat

#4220 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:00 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:24 am
BK3K wrote:

TheFlyingBoat wrote:

eod1 townread on chaqa
n1 townread on chaqa
some stuff d2/n2/d3 that avoid giving a read (ex)
eon3:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:58 pm
This is going to sound really pathetic...but I just don't know who the last three can be.

<snip>

Like I look at this and I see the team based on the votes being something like ghug/chaqa/rdr/lfischl, but I don't fully like it. Will think on it more, but I am admittedly overwhelmed with 2 jobs rn and don't really feel confident in myself rn. I'll get over it soon prolly, but I don't know how I could have been wrong there.
in which he does scumread chaqa and lfischl but heavily hedges it.

early d4 similar take to eon3 (unquoted)

mid-d4 take - moving away from chaqa scumread at a time when he was tied with chaqa.
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:46 am
##vote bk3k

maybe this gets me an OMGUS return vote but I feel better about this than Chaqa if lfischl is supposed to be a teammate like many do.

Now I could see a world in which it is ghug/BK3K/Chaqa + 1 but again I don't like either rdr or bozo as bussers here very much. I suppose I could see it being Koala, but I found his early game pretty towny so idk.
then today you've covered

-----

no d1 mention of lfischl
n1 implied townread of lfischl, but placing him in the PoE
d2 says that some things lfischl have done can be interpreted as scum indicative
n2 implied townread of lfischl
same eon3 post as for chaqa that puts him as scum but heavily hedged read
same mid d4 take that doesn't actually scumread lfischl but uses the fact that he was heavily scumread to reason based on scum lfischl
eod4 voted lfischl to save eden, tried to pull for his wagon
d5 voted for lfischl, only person to vote and not end on neon

today you've covered

tl;dr:
boat man avoids hard scumreading chaqa despite putting him in a guess at the scumpool, and only goes for lfischl when other scum are about to die (d4/eden kill) or the day is clearly going a different direction (d5/neon kill)
I mean what happened that caused me to flip my reads of people? It should be no surprise that despite your claims my reads of people did not evolve post Damo, that it is clear that my reads very much did change even if they're nowhere near as explained as I would do when I had more time as both town or mafia (once again, Bona, your reads of me are woefully incomplete when you compare this game to just town!boatman and not also to scum!boatman).

But yeah post damo I started to feel that scum was ghug/chaqa/rdr/lfischl which I mean isn't terrible given that it has a PR and 2 of my 3 scum candidates. This was based on post analysis. After a quick VCA I decided rdr didn't make sense and went with BK3K as his posts seemed the most sus and at the time I was certain PE was town because without the normal level of attention to detail I have I was pretty easily pocketed it seems.

The reason I added Koala to the scum PoE despite not really scum reading him prior to this at any point and actually actively town reading him before is that part of me feels like lfischl is the easy MK target and has been preserved for that explicit purpose.

That is also why I wanted to spend the available miskill there so we didn't go into MKLO with lfischl as an unresolved question as we almost get forced into killing him because everybody looks better by comparison when put next to him because the guy is silent.

Like I want to vote Chaqa here, but I also don't like that lfischl is the only guy on that wagon. The two people I trust the most at this point are on lfischl, but unless you think I and lfischl are the scum team then you have to believe that at least one scum is currently on lfischl right now.