MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#4221 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:06 am

obviously i don't claim to be 100% but it's my best guess, and people i townread are also coalescing around you two

TheFlyingBoat

#4222 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:18 am

BK3K wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:10 am
The Post Where I Actually Do Something
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:11 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:10 am

What?
Think about it
I did a tactic and I want to tell you about it.

I believe that Bona, Koala, and me are town. I kinda believe Chaqa is town. I don't much believe TFB or fisch are town.

At the time I did the above, I think the vote count was 3 fish vs. 1 boat (a classic battle). I thought, this won't tell us much. If these are the only two wagons, they'll just vote for each other. They would do the same regardless of alignment. So let's add a 3rd wagon and see if they jump on it.

May I present to the jury Exhibit A:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:59 am

As bad as lfischl looks, we shouldn't rule out a Chaqa/Koala team. I don't think BK is bad after doing more VCA. Will need to think more on it.

Gonna re-read these two in a bit more deeply to see if I am right or going way too galaxy brained.
This is too galaxy brain for me. I have a real hard time believing this is the duo. @Bona, do some research if he sussed either of these previously. Otherwise, it looks like you bit the bait I threw out there.
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:10 am
So the question is – did TFB really not see all these other folks "latching on" to same things about Chaqa or President Eden? I mean, BK3K has been pretty blunt about expressing the Chaqa-trolling suspicions for instance. So, like, if this is a Mafia frame attempt, why is it so bad? Does it mean it's an honest mistake?
Amen, my Koala brother. I'm going to call you a Mother Fucker, but in like a Samuel L. Jackson way, a compliment.

May I present to the jury Exhibit B:
lfischl wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:00 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:56 pm
i'm unhappy with the lfischl wagon because he's just so hard to read

he has fewer posts than jamie
what do you think about chaqa? I think TFB said it earlier but I could see a chaqa/koala team. I think it's more likely chaqa/tfb but I chaqa is definitely scum in my eyes. Also I was roleblocked for some reason
Another bite at Chaqa and another presentation of Chaqa/Koala. I don't buy it personally.
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:27 pm
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:26 pm

Possibilities include:

A) you're lying
[*] You are saying this because you're scum and only town can be role blocked. It's a round about way of claiming town
[*] You're town and a lunatic

B) you're not lying
[*] Scum is trolling
[*]Scum want this exact situation to raise uncertainty
You're town in 3/4 if those, so I'd say it's 25% you're scum. Damo, fact check me in that
In my opinion and my math, there is a 25% chance that you are approaching 100% lying.

I do believe the last scum are TheFlyingBoat and lfischl.

Because I have no fucking idea, to be intellectually honest, here is where my theory could fall apart:
  • They both proposed Chaqa/Koala combo
  • For this to be true, I would have to be completely not paying attention (true)
    and
  • Bona to be completely fooled (less likely)
I'll also add I think it might be one of these two and chaqa, but I think that's less likely (even though chaqa is in 2 of 3 combinations, so is 67% scum by my joke math)

Given the small chance chaqa is scum, I think I need to pick who I think is more scum, but I'll vote for one of those two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_f4-5E ... MovieClips
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:58 pm
This is going to sound really pathetic...but I just don't know who the last three can be.

D1
Final Vote Count:
BunnyGo (9) brainbomb, Fluminator, Bonatog​ether, damo666, BK3K, TheFlyingBoat, KoalaAttack, lfischl, g​hug
Bonatogether (4) swordsman3003/Neon, President Eden, BunnyGo, Chaqa
TheFlyingBoat (2) bozotheclown, rdr​ivera2005

D2
Final Vote Count:
ghug (5) rdrivera2005, brainbomb, Presiden​t Eden, damo666, bozotheclown
damo666 (3) TheFlyingBoat, B​onatogether, ghug
President Eden (2) BK3K, lfischl
BK3K (1) KoalaAttack
KoalaAtt​ack (1) Chaqa

D3
FINAL VOTE COUNT

damo666 (10) - President Eden*, Chaqa*, TheFlyingBoat, Bonatogether, Rdrivera2005, BK3K*, brainbomb, KoalaAttack, Lfischl, bozotheclown

Chaqa (1) - Prncess Neon*

TheFlyingBoat (1) - Damo666

Like I look at this and I see the team based on the votes being something like ghug/chaqa/rdr/lfischl, but I don't fully like it. Will think on it more, but I am admittedly overwhelmed with 2 jobs rn and don't really feel confident in myself rn. I'll get over it soon prolly, but I don't know how I could have been wrong there.
You didn't do anything unless webDip has reversed the flow of the causality of time. If you had voted Koala and gotten me to bite there maybe you have something, but that also requires you to believe that I care about the existence of wagons if I am scum and don't have a problem magicking them out of thin air if it suits my purpose. Shit when I was scum in M1021 I set up arguments for the D2/D3 info kills on N1 before anyone else did and then set up the Kak miskill on D5 while we were busy with the D2/3 info miskills.

TheFlyingBoat

#4223 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:22 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:06 am
obviously i don't claim to be 100% but it's my best guess, and people i townread are also coalescing around you two
Compare what you know of my town games and reread M1021. You'll find that what differentiates my town game and scum game is behavior, not activity or level of analysis. Then analyze my behavior in my scum game (M021) vs here and analyze my town games vs here.

Bonatogether

#4224 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:25 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:18 am
BK3K wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
This is going to sound really pathetic...but I just don't know who the last three can be.

Like I look at this and I see the team based on the votes being something like ghug/chaqa/rdr/lfischl, but I don't fully like it. Will think on it more, but I am admittedly overwhelmed with 2 jobs rn and don't really feel confident in myself rn. I'll get over it soon prolly, but I don't know how I could have been wrong there.
You didn't do anything unless webDip has reversed the flow of the causality of time. If you had voted Koala and gotten me to bite there maybe you have something, but that also requires you to believe that I care about the existence of wagons if I am scum and don't have a problem magicking them out of thin air if it suits my purpose. Shit when I was scum in M1021 I set up arguments for the D2/D3 info kills on N1 before anyone else did and then set up the Kak miskill on D5 while we were busy with the D2/3 info miskills.
the post you quote is massively hedged. it literally leads off with 'i just don't know who the last 3 could be.'

Bonatogether

#4225 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:26 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:22 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Compare what you know of my town games and reread M1021. You'll find that what differentiates my town game and scum game is behavior, not activity or level of analysis. Then analyze my behavior in my scum game (M021) vs here and analyze my town games vs here.
self-meta is objectively cringe

BK3K

#4226 Post by BK3K » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:27 am

returning to a vibes-only play style, something about TFB's above two posts makes me feel more confident in my decision.

TheFlyingBoat

#4227 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:11 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:26 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Your argument was literally that I was not playing my town game, which is true but you never actually argue I am playing my scum game

TheFlyingBoat

#4228 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:12 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:25 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
BK3K wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

the post you quote is massively hedged. it literally leads off with 'i just don't know who the last 3 could be.'
Because I was shellshocked by how wrong I was? I expected a coronation of my contraction theory level genius play and got a shit bucket dumped on me instead

Bonatogether

#4229 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:18 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:11 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:26 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Your argument was literally that I was not playing my town game, which is true but you never actually argue I am playing my scum game
as you said, there's a lot of irl stuff going on for you. i don't believe either are entirely applicable, but i know what i see and i know what i think that means

Bonatogether

#4230 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:20 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:25 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Because I was shellshocked by how wrong I was? I expected a coronation of my contraction theory level genius play and got a shit bucket dumped on me instead
:geek:

idk what to say

BK3K

#4231 Post by BK3K » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:52 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
BK3K wrote:
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:11 am

Think about it

I believe that Bona, Koala, and me are town. I kinda believe Chaqa is town. I don't much believe TFB or fisch are town.

At the time I did the above, I think the vote count was 3 fish vs. 1 boat (a classic battle). I thought, this won't tell us much. If these are the only two wagons, they'll just vote for each other. They would do the same regardless of alignment. So let's add a 3rd wagon and see if they jump on it.

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:59 am

As bad as lfischl looks, we shouldn't rule out a Chaqa/Koala team. I don't think BK is bad after doing more VCA. Will need to think more on it.

Gonna re-read these two in a bit more deeply to see if I am right or going way too galaxy brained.
This is too galaxy brain for me. I have a real hard time believing this is the duo. @Bona, do some research if he sussed either of these previously. Otherwise, it looks like you bit the bait I threw out there.
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:10 am
So the question is – did TFB really not see all these other folks "latching on" to same things about Chaqa or President Eden? I mean, BK3K has been pretty blunt about expressing the Chaqa-trolling suspicions for instance. So, like, if this is a Mafia frame attempt, why is it so bad? Does it mean it's an honest mistake?
Amen, my Koala brother. I'm going to call you a Mother Fucker, but in like a Samuel L. Jackson way, a compliment.

lfischl wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:00 pm

what do you think about chaqa? I think TFB said it earlier but I could see a chaqa/koala team. I think it's more likely chaqa/tfb but I chaqa is definitely scum in my eyes. Also I was roleblocked for some reason
Another bite at Chaqa and another presentation of Chaqa/Koala. I don't buy it personally.
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:27 pm

You're town in 3/4 if those, so I'd say it's 25% you're scum. Damo, fact check me in that
In my opinion and my math, there is a 25% chance that you are approaching 100% lying.

Because I have no fucking idea, to be intellectually honest, here is where my theory could fall apart:
  • For this to be true, I would have to be completely not paying attention (true)
    and
I'll also add I think it might be one of these two and chaqa, but I think that's less likely (even though chaqa is in 2 of 3 combinations, so is 67% scum by my joke math)

Given the small chance chaqa is scum, I think I need to pick who I think is more scum, but I'll vote for one of those two.

TheFlyingBoat wrote:

D1
Final Vote Count:
BunnyGo (9) brainbomb, Fluminator, Bonatog​ether, damo666, BK3K, TheFlyingBoat, KoalaAttack, lfischl, g​hug

D2
Final Vote Count:
BK3K (1) KoalaAttack
KoalaAtt​ack (1) Chaqa

D3
FINAL VOTE COUNT

damo666 (10) - President Eden*, Chaqa*, TheFlyingBoat, Bonatogether, Rdrivera2005, BK3K*, brainbomb, KoalaAttack, Lfischl, bozotheclown

Red emphasis mine. Maybe it was a bad trap, we'll find soon i guess. I guess i thought that koala was too obvious a bait for you to take, but you both named him anyway

Others check me on my assumptions for sure

TheFlyingBoat

#4232 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:15 am

BK3K wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:52 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
BK3K wrote:

and

TheFlyingBoat wrote:

D1
Final Vote Count:

D2
Final Vote Count:
BK3K (1) KoalaAttack
KoalaAtt​ack (1) Chaqa

D3
FINAL VOTE COUNT

Red emphasis mine. Maybe it was a bad trap, we'll find soon i guess. I guess i thought that koala was too obvious a bait for you to take, but you both named him anyway

And you think if I am mafia I am telling lfischl to sheep me that blatantly when I know I will be in the PoE? Come on BK think a little.

BK3K

#4233 Post by BK3K » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:11 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:15 am
BK3K wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

And you think if I am mafia I am telling lfischl to sheep me that blatantly when I know I will be in the PoE? Come on BK think a little.
Let's assume Chaqa is guilty. I have a hard time believing it's bona or koala. Then either you or lfischl is the teammate.

So maybe to hedge against this, it's safer to choose the person that Chaqa didn't pick. So we should switch vote from lfischl to you?

Of course the next day, we'd have to decide whether to go chaqa or not, so another dilemma.

BK3K

#4234 Post by BK3K » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:45 pm

BK3K wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:11 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:15 am
BK3K wrote:

Let's assume Chaqa is guilty. I have a hard time believing it's bona or koala. Then either you or lfischl is the teammate.

So maybe to hedge against this, it's safer to choose the person that Chaqa didn't pick. So we should switch vote from lfischl to you?

Of course the next day, we'd have to decide whether to go chaqa or not, so another dilemma.
Question @Boat: Are you okay with the vote currently going to Fish? I recall you saying since Fish was a lurker, they'd be an easy miskill and that's why they were kept around. But isn't lurking a scum-leaning strategy?

Separately, Let's continue to entertain the possibility that the mafia is Chaqa + Boat/Fish. Both of you two are choosing to bus Chaqa at this stage. Bussing your teammate gets you a lot of street cred, sure, but a MK wins on the spot. so it seems like aiming for the MK is the preferable move for scum here.

Continuing above, Chaqa is pushing Fish over Boat. Again we ask, is he bussing for cred, or trying to get the game winning point?

The last possibility is you're both innocent, and it's Chaqa/Koala, Chaqa/Bona, or even Bona/Koala. If you have a strong case against Koala or Bona, lay it on me, because I am not there with you at all.

I still believe the scum team is Boat/Fish, but to hedge against a possible Chaqa, I think it's safer to guess Boat first. Ironically, Boat's questions to me helped me reach this conclusion, so thank you TFB.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4235 Post by dargorygel » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:13 pm

FACTUAL Differences Between "Star Wars" and "Star Trek"

"Star Trek": "... where no man has gone before."
"Star Wars": Where has Hamill's career gone?

"Star Trek": Reroute the plasma inverters from the warp drive through
the main deflector grid after reversing phase polarity on the pattern
buffers.
"Star Wars": Use the Force.

About $5 billion and a whole lot of talent.

Borg: cube.
Death Star: sphere.
Fans of both: square.

Both have fan-favorite characters with pointy ears…

Capt. Solo got Leia.
Capt. Kirk got laid.

Kirk didn't care what it smelled like -- he went in there anyway.

The "Star Trek" creator would likely abhor commercialization of the
series.
The "Star Wars" creator commercialized the series like a capitalist.

Wookiees would never be allowed to join the Federation of Planets due to their
stubborn refusal to wear pants.

"Star Trek" androids are noticeably less effete.

"Star Trek": Diversity achieved by insultingly fake Scottish and
Russian accents… "Star Wars": Diversity achieved by insultingly real British and
American accents.

"Star Wars" alien created by multimillion dollar special effects crew.
"Star Trek" alien created by stick-on ears and eyebrow shaping.

"Star Wars": Muppets as aliens.
"Star Trek": humans with bumpy foreheads as aliens.

"Star Wars": three good movies.
"Star Trek": three good seasons.

Dude! "Wars" is a long time ago and far away! "Trek" is right here in
the future! Gosh!

Duh! One is a series of shows where individual courage and group
friendship overcome impossible odds and save the day and the other
isn't.

In "Star Trek," the "Force" is shorthand for what keeps Shatner's
toupee in place.

Kirk never knocked up anyone, alien or otherwise, and he certainly
never had the hots for his own sister.

Ships in "Star Wars" don't use a realistic power source like dilithium
crystals.

The "Star Wars" role-playing game requires two dice, where the "Star
Trek" role-playing game... What the hell am I saying? Neither holds a
candle to the "Lord of the Rings" game!

The green-skinned dancing girls in "Star Wars" have tentacles on their
heads.

Tribbles don't even scratch the surface of annoyance created by Jar
Jar Binks.

Unlike phasers, lightsabers don't have any sissy "stun" setting.

Vader: "I am your father."
Kirk: "Am... I... your... father?"

William Shatner, rugged hero of "Star Trek," parlayed his success into
a sweet deal as a spokesperson for an online travel discount service.
What have *you* done, Harrison Ford? Oh yeah…

Yoda's odd syntax was intentional. Kirk's just meant that Shatner was
butchering his lines again.

"Star Trek": cardboard sets.
"Star Wars": cardboard actors.

"Star Trek" fans sit in front of televisions watching reruns.
"Star Wars" fans sit in front of theaters that won't even be showing
the film.

Darth Vader needs the Force to make people gag.
William Shatner merely acts.

Some Trekkies are now old enough to have moved from their parents'
basement to the retirement home basement.

Lots of fans can speak Klingon, but only losers speak Wookiee.

"Trek": The bad guys are thinly disguised non-Americans.
"Wars": The bad guys are thinly disguised Americans.

Luke: "Well, not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or
teleport me off this rock."
C-3PO: "Not really, sir. Time travel and teleportation are more of a
'Trek' thing."

Lightsabers are powered by D cells, while phasers take a 9-volt.

Gene Roddenberry was a legendary pioneer of thought-provoking,
futuristic science fiction.
George Lucas created Jar Jar Binks.

Spock puts the TP on so it rolls over the top, whereas Vader likes it
to roll underneath.

Wookiees and Ewoks vs. Tribbles and toupees.

Substantially harder to hand-make a Chewbacca Halloween costume than a
Bones McCoy.

Besides the advantage of no one recognizing you, wearing the
stormtrooper costume keeps that parents'-basement skin pasty white!

"Star Trek": Everybody likes Seven of Nine.
"Star Wars": Nobody likes I of VI, or II of VI for that matter.

Shatner wears a girdle, but Jabba lets it all hang out.

"Star Wars": Captain Solo always has a Wookiee at his side.
"Star Trek": Captain Kirk always has nookie on the side.

In one, you live long and prosper. In the other, you live large and
profit.

Captain Kirk always says, "To infinity and beyond!"
Darth Vader always says, "The Force is like a box of chocolates."

If Jar Jar Binks were on "Trek," Scotty would have given him a red shirt
and beamed him down to a hostile planet during the opening credits.

Hard-core "Star Wars" fans are all overweight, unattractive, diabetic
virgins who spend their free time and money building homemade
lightsabers.
Hard-core "Star Trek" fans are all overweight, unattractive, diabetic
virgins who spend their free time and money building homemade
tricorders.

One includes the word, “Trek,” one includes the word, “Wars.”

VOTE COUNT (not ‘which is better, Trek or Wars?... but who should die in 9 hours?)
LFISCHL (4): chaqoid, Koaloid, Bonoid, BKoid
CHAQA (4): fishoid

LFISCHL is the One Most Folk Wanna See Cut From the Show

No one is suggesting the show end early.

8 hours and 49 minutes until today’s episode ends.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4236 Post by dargorygel » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:21 pm

OOOPS
Fish does not have a super-vote power of 4.
so Chaqa has ONE vote on him.
Sorry...

Bonatogether

#4237 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:30 pm

boat man who are you going to vote

BK3K

#4238 Post by BK3K » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:31 pm

I kinda want to switch to TFB

lfischl

#4239 Post by lfischl » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:32 pm

If people have any finals questions for me before the deadline, in the next bit is a good time or around 1230-1 PST

TheFlyingBoat

#4240 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:34 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:30 pm
boat man who are you going to vote
I prefer Chaqa but will do lfischl