MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1 Post by worcej » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:00 pm

Rules

Standard rules apply.

Scheduling

All deadlines are at 10pm GMT, which is 5pm EST, which is also 2pm PST.

Hammering (voting ##END to end the day early) is permitted, but everyone must cease posting once they realize a hammer has occurred, and must remain quiet until the GMs resolve the phase. See the rules doc for more info on how a Hammer is triggered.

Setup

This is a SEMI-VANILLA setup, as outlined in the signup thread. The game reached 16 players, so we will be using the expanded setup outlined there (and also below, just keep reading...)

Mafia will have a Night Chat as standard. The Mafia team members will not be able to talk in the Night Chat before the game starts (or during Day phases), but they will be able to view it, in order to see who their team-mates are.

Mafia also have a faction role block and kill. Due to the lack of roles that require tracking/watching, there will not be a designated person performing kills or role blocks by the mafia team - they will just be faction actions.

Game will start with Day One as is the usual custom here on webDip.

Game Roles:

12 Town:

9 Vanilla Town
1 Doctor
1 Cop
1 One-Shot Vigilante

4 Mafia:

1 Godfather
3 Mafia Goons

TOWN ROLE PMs

VANILLA TOWNSPERSON
You are a VANILLA TOWNSPERSON. Each day you must vote for a suspect. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

DOCTOR
You are the DOCTOR. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may visit a player by PM-ing both GMs with the order ##SAVE <NAME>. At the end of the night, if they have been targeted by the mafia nightkill, or if they are shot during the night, you will save their life. You will know if you successfully performed a save. Your target will also learn of your visit if they are saved (but not your identity). You may save yourself, but you may not visit the same player on consecutive nights. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

COP
You are the COP! Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may visit a player by PM-ing both GMs with the order ##SCAN <NAME>. At the end of the night, you will receive the results of NOT GUILTY if they are town or GUILTY if they are mafia, unless the target is The Godfather who will scan as NOT GUILTY. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

ONE-SHOT VIGILANTE
You are the ONE-SHOT VIGILANTE! Each day you must vote for a suspect. At any point in the game, you may use your one shot to kill a player by PM-ing both GMs with the order ##SHOOT <NAME>. If you submit this order during the day, the kill will be processed ASAP by either GM. If you submit this order during the night, your kill will be processed at the end of the night phase. Important interactions for night phase kills: If you are roleblocked by the mafia, your shot will not be wasted and you can attempt to submit it again in another phase. If your target is the target of the doctor (as well as you shooting them) and you were not role blocked, your shot will be wasted and the target will not die due to the doctor's save action.

MAFIA ROLE PMs

GODFATHER
You are the GODFATHER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. If scanned by the Cop, you will report back as NOT GUILTY. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia Chat, where your team-mates' identities and roles will be revealed. You win when all of the Town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

GOON
You are a MAFIA GOON. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia Chat, where your team-mates' identities and roles will be revealed. You win when all of the Town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Alphabetised Player List:

BK3K
Bonatogether
bozotheclown
brainbomb
BunnyGo
Chaqa
damo666
Fluminator
ghug
Jamiet99uk
KoalaAttack
lfischl
President Eden
rdrivera2005
swordsman3003
TheFlyingBoat

Substitute:
None at this time...

GAME HAS NOT STARTED YET - DO NOT POST IN HERE

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2 Post by dargorygel » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:12 pm

Here be the bot thread:
https://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/front_page (you might need to omit the 's' from https, if your system security is grumpy.

worcej

#3 Post by worcej » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:17 pm

GM Note:
Role PMs have been sent out. Please check your PM inbox.

All Mafia PMs contained a link to the discord server. This link was not listed in the role PMs in the above message (obviously)

Game will start in ~2 hours and 44 minutes.

GAME HAS NOT STARTED YET - DO NOT POST IN HERE

worcej

#4 Post by worcej » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:00 pm

Game Start:
The word fact derives from the Latin factum. It was first used in English with the same meaning: "a thing done or performed" – a meaning now obsolete. The common usage of "something that has really occurred or is the case" dates from the mid-16th century.

The term fact also indicates a matter under discussion deemed to be true or correct, such as to emphasize a point or prove a disputed issue; (e.g., "... the fact of the matter is ...")

Fact may also indicate findings derived through a process of evaluation, including review of testimony, direct observation, or otherwise; as distinguishable from matters of inference or speculation. This use is reflected in the terms "fact-find" and "fact-finder" (e.g., "set up a fact-finding commission").

In philosophy, the concept fact is considered in the branch of philosophy concerned with knowledge, called epistemology and ontology, which studies concepts such as existence, being, becoming, and reality. Questions of objectivity and truth are closely associated with questions of fact. A fact can be defined as something that is the case, in other words, a state of affairs.
Did you know all of this? Probably not (unless you frequent Wikipedia randomly) but now it's more formal for you, thus begins this adventure of random knowledge through GM posts this game!

Day 1 has begun. You may now post.

brainbomb

#5 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:01 pm

##vote BunnyGo

Fluminator

#6 Post by Fluminator » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:01 pm

Hello everyone. Like I said in the sign-up thread, I am going to be sick today so I will not be as active as normal.
I also have never made it to 3P lylo in a webdip game before and I would like to actually make it there one of these times so I am going to play more selfishly and under the radar to increase the chances I make it.

So someone else can do something crazy to break us out of the jokeposting phase because I always got miskilled for it and it is someone else's turn.

I will still be around, and I will be able to respond to Bozo's inevitable poll when that happens, but for this game I am going to be more focused on reading* than typing.

*I will not be reading any long Flyingboat wallposts still

TheFlyingBoat

#8 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:04 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:01 pm
Hello everyone. Like I said in the sign-up thread, I am going to be sick today so I will not be as active as normal.
I also have never made it to 3P lylo in a webdip game before and I would like to actually make it there one of these times so I am going to play more selfishly and under the radar to increase the chances I make it.

So someone else can do something crazy to break us out of the jokeposting phase because I always got miskilled for it and it is someone else's turn.

I will still be around, and I will be able to respond to Bozo's inevitable poll when that happens, but for this game I am going to be more focused on reading* than typing.

I would vote flum here, but after my death tunnel on him the last time we played I did promise him safety the next time we played so, I guess I can't tunnel him this time.

Fluminator

#9 Post by Fluminator » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:06 pm

FOS Flying boat

(FOS means finger of suspicion)

President Eden

#10 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:07 pm

I can’t believe I’ve been playing this game for fifteen years and only now figured out that all you have to do is declare that you’re going to be a townie in the signup thread

President Eden

#11 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:07 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:04 pm
Fluminator wrote:

I would vote flum here, but after my death tunnel on him the last time we played I did promise him safety the next time we played so, I guess I can't tunnel him this time.
##VOTE TheFlyingBoat

TheFlyingBoat

#12 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:08 pm

President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:07 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

##VOTE TheFlyingBoat
Wow, defending your scum son so openly? Very sus Eden! I'll write this off as a parent blinded by love for now.

brainbomb

#13 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:09 pm

So you death tunneled flum last game, and now you dont want to do that again because that would be bad?

Just to summarize and stuff

President Eden

#14 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:09 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:08 pm
President Eden wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

##VOTE TheFlyingBoat
Wow, defending your scum son so openly? Very sus Eden! I'll write this off as a parent blinded by love for now.
Pause

How many kids do I have now???

TheFlyingBoat

#15 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:10 pm

President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:09 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:08 pm
President Eden wrote:

##VOTE TheFlyingBoat
Pause

How many kids do I have now???
Just Bona? Right? I mean I know you replied to my post about Flum, but surely that's just a pretext :P

brainbomb

#16 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:10 pm

flying boat is typing with a smile. there is no fear in that reply. because if there was I would have to wonder if they were 7 years old tonally speaking

TheFlyingBoat

#17 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:09 pm
So you death tunneled flum last game, and now you dont want to do that again because that would be bad?

Just to summarize and stuff
No, it's because me and Flum had a heart to heart about it and I promised him one day of safety.

TheFlyingBoat

#18 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:10 pm
flying boat is typing with a smile. there is no fear in that reply. because if there was I would have to wonder if they were 7 years old tonally speaking
I am actually 6 1/2, tyvm. I do turn 6 3/4 in a couple weeks though!

brainbomb

#19 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:12 pm

Flum is asexual and prefers soil samples and philsophical treatises on the benefits of fracking tar pits over performing coitus. So I know he is without child

TheFlyingBoat

#20 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:12 pm
Flum is asexual and prefers soil samples and philsophical treatises on the benefits of fracking tar pits over performing coitus. So I know he is without child
Huh? Eden is the one with child (bona). The post is correct though!