MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1721 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:46 pm

Back in a few hours with a VCA and a near solution.

President Eden

#1722 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:54 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:37 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:01 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:57 am
@eden: i like the damo case a lot and the ghug case a lot less
I feel more grounded with the damo case for sure. The pieces fit together in my head pretty well.

My conclusions with ghug feel a bit surface level, but I can't figure out what he was trying to do.

They should both consider those open invitations to fill me in lol.
It seems damo would have to be mafia with TFB for some of that to be scum motivated.
Boat being mafia is possible and would provide a vested interest for damo to be framing things a certain way to justify his voting pattern. However, I don’t think it’s necessary that Boat be mafia to explain this. It would be somewhat brazen, for instance, for damo and Chaqa to be partners, but damo isn’t afraid to be brazen in pushing scum agenda if he thinks he can couch it in the right premises. There could be other considerations at play that I’ll only understand in hindsight.

President Eden

#1723 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:44 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:19 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:10 am

oh, well, buckle up then.

this was going to be a vca but it turned into a case.

damo's progression is mystifying to me.

this is at t-10h, roughly

this is only a few hours later, at t-6:17.

if you're going to be around at EOD, why on Earth would you vote someone you just got through saying you were unwilling to vote today, in order to "save" somebody else with six hours to go?

damo switches to lfischl around the 4hr mark, which is fair enough. but around the same time he's involved in some back-and-forth with TFB, who has become a lead wagon and is in his scum pool, yet he never votes TFB. TFB remained a viable wagon until the Bunny dogpile in the final minutes. damo instead ends the day on Bunny, someone he would not kill, having switched there to break a tie on Bona, someone else he would not kill, while TFB, someone in his scum pool, is viable the whole way down.

there have been other issues too:
- damo holds onto this "vote among the Bs" bit despite suggesting in multiple replies that it's a joke/not otherwise to be taken seriously. the reasoning is arbitrary as others (brain, I think TFB as well) pointed out.
- damo seemingly lock towns Chaqa based off of Chaqa riffing in an easily exploitable way off of an easily exploited "tell," committing himself for the final several hours of the day to saving Chaqa at the expense of consistency with his actual suspects.
- I've been reticent to mention this out of fear of it being sour grapes, but scumming me for expressing awe at our bad luck d1 struck me as an arbitrary grasp for a scumread less overtly nonserious than "vote among the Bs."

his whole game feels like he's just here to be here. I think it was the game I hosted recently where I noticed that when he's mafia he tends to construct arbitrary premises that allow him to reach superficially logical conclusions within those premises which advance scum's current agenda. obviously, I can't spell out for you exactly how he's doing it here, but his method here is indistinguishable (for me anyway) from his scum method.
I'll address this nonsense when on laptop rather than mobile.
Original vote anti BonaSpam and riding the B train

Voted you based on admittedly flimsy case. A post of yours soon after made me rethink so decided to move vote. My priority was to avoid a Chaqa kill (I'm convinced he's town) and he seemed in grave danger. Chose Bunny to maintain the B theme (and he had gone quiet). Bit later decided to switch to fish to put pressure on and he's always a good vote.

Voted Bona to save Chaqa.

Switched back to Bunny as I thought him a better flip than Bona.

There's was no point voting TFB as he was voting me and could switch to Bona/Bunny to self save.

As for your last para I keep referring back to the obvious that it was day 1. The only good thing was the bad thing! That is Flum killing Jamie and the reaction to it gave us some meat.
I know you’re claiming to be convinced Chaqa is town, and I think I understand why (Chipotle tell), I just don’t believe you :D
And no I suppose there’s not much you can say to that, it is what it is.

I’m struck a bit by your professed reason for not voting TFB. Yes, at the points where TFB was a wagon, he was voting you and therefore always had the option to ‘cancel out’ your vote by voting Bona/Bunny/Chaqa. But you weren’t making that decision in the final 5 minutes. You resigned yourself to choosing between Bona and Bunny much earlier than that, when there was still time to build up momentum on TFB, even notwithstanding that he could consolidate on another wagon. In fact, I’d say that you should have WANTED that, if your goal truly was just saving Chaqa who you truly do have a ride-or-die TR on, because those moves would likely have made the day TFB vs Bona/Bunny and saved Chaqa.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1724 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:07 pm

I personally think it's incredibly suspicious for him to believe me for my Chipotle tell when last game just happened with Rivera's tell being blown.

President Eden

#1725 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:11 pm

Last quick hits for a bit.

• If Bona is mafia, then I somewhat doubt all four mafia voted Bunny, but I think the majority did. Probably 3 out of 4. This is somewhat arbitrary (word of the night) but it makes sense to me. Mafia hate all being on the same wagon even if one of their own is on the line.

• If Bona is town, then the mafia had no interest in the final outcome of d1 and probably tried to spread out more. Likely 2 on Bunny 2 off. Again it’s ArBiTrArY but makes sense to me anyway 8-)

President Eden

#1726 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:13 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:07 pm
I personally think it's incredibly suspicious for him to believe me for my Chipotle tell when last game just happened with Rivera's tell being blown.
Yeah. It feels very contrived to me. I’ve stepped out on some limbs to read you before, but usually if I’m basing it on something silly I’m pretty quickly looking to validate it with something real.

I think my issue is less that I can’t believe damo would do this as town (I can) and more that it just vaguely feels like BS and it’s definitely within his scum M.O.

brainbomb

#1727 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:24 pm

every post I see from rdrivera this game feels like uncle Remus showing up to chastise me for failing algebra 2 in high school

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1728 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:28 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:13 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Yeah. It feels very contrived to me. I’ve stepped out on some limbs to read you before, but usually if I’m basing it on something silly I’m pretty quickly looking to validate it with something real.

I think my issue is less that I can’t believe damo would do this as town (I can) and more that it just vaguely feels like BS and it’s definitely within his scum M.O.
I think him going from "never voting" to voting Bunny (or Bona, I forget which it was) earlier is also incredibly sus

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1729 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:28 pm

Damo or Swordsman tomorrow for me.

damo666

#1730 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:28 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:13 pm
Chaqa wrote:

I think him going from "never voting" to voting Bunny (or Bona, I forget which it was) earlier is also incredibly sus
Unwilling does not mean never

President Eden

#1731 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:24 pm
every post I see from rdrivera this game feels like uncle Remus showing up to chastise me for failing algebra 2 in high school
:lol: :lol:

swordsman3003
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1732 Post by swordsman3003 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:00 pm

So a bunch of people jumped on BunnyGo and the mafia got a free kill?

damo666

#1733 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:01 pm

VCA and more

BK3 - voting all over the place TI, Vote to put Bunny 5-3 NAI, vibes town: TOWNLEAN

Bona - the Bunny vote tying with himself is obviously NAI, didn't care for the spam, seems to be popularly read as town: NULL+

Bozo - voted TFB only: NULL as ever

brain - vote for bunny introduced Bunny to the frame, weakening townvibes: NULL+

Chaqa - avoided voting Bunny NAI, his doubting my sincerity in believing him to be town is from a town pov only serves to increase my assumption he is: TOWN

damo : TOWN

Flum: TOWN

ghug: the late Bunny vote seems entirely inappropriate as scum so gonna go out on a limb and say: TOWN

Koala: his Bunny vote might be a scum ensure the kill vote but his overall demeanour is very town so: TOWNLEAN

lfischl: the ate Bunny vote seems unnecessary (like ghug's) but it is fish so : NULL

PE: Not a lot to glean from votes (yet): NULL

rdr: Only voted TFB, seems very townrdr to me: STRONG TOWNLEAN

sword: virtual no info to go on: NULL

TFB: vote to put Bunny 6-4 up with 2 minutes to go is NAI, tunnel on me ludicrous but for some reason seems to be gaining traction: NULL

Current guess*: fish PE sword TFB

Other possibilities: Bozo brain and just maybe Bona

Amusingly this contains no Bs so maybe 3 plus one of the Others.

Fluminator

#1734 Post by Fluminator » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:18 pm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/justinheinrich ... c9g6jz1od2

I made a buzz feed personality quiz, can people take it? I'm mainly interested in the lurkers taking it so I can get a better image in my head what type of person they are, but anyone will do

brainbomb

#1735 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:21 pm

I took the quiz and got Nero

President Eden

#1736 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:24 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:18 pm
https://www.buzzfeed.com/justinheinrich ... c9g6jz1od2

I made a buzz feed personality quiz, can people take it? I'm mainly interested in the lurkers taking it so I can get a better image in my head what type of person they are, but anyone will do
Marcus Aurelius reporting in

President Eden

#1737 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:32 pm

I took it again without actively rigging my answers to get Aurelius and instead got Vespasian. Hard to complain with that

brainbomb

#1738 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:52 pm

I took it again and I got bosox48 the mighty

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1739 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:24 pm

Caracalla lmao

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1740 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:05 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:37 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:34 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:12 am

BunnyGo did not have any votes when ghug voted for him 13 minutes before EOD, but BunnyGo was a wagon 4 hours before EOD and had some players suspecting him, so I assume ghug was not randomly starting a new wagon and knew that there were likely players willing to switch back to BunnyGo.
You're accusing me of knowing that two specific people would switch back o once he already had several votes again, though. And it doesn't matter either way, because my intent was to keep the Bunny wagon alive and competitive even as I switched to Bona.
That is not what I said.

I can see your EOD voting as trying to keep the wagons competitive, except that you seemed to only want it to be competitive between BunnyGo, Bonatogether, and damo, despite TFB being on your short list of players you would vote for.
Boat started behaving townily. I believe I voiced this.