MAFIA 78: Random Facts? - SIGN-UP THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts? - SIGN-UP THREAD

#81 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:58 am

Who has skid marks in their underwear

BunnyGo

#82 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:59 am

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:58 am
Who has skid marks in their underwear
SpongeBob Square Pants?

brainbomb

#83 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:22 am

if you type in the address of where spongebob lives in google it takes you to a real place on Epsteins Island

BK3K

#84 Post by BK3K » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:46 am

that explains a lot actually

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#85 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:40 am

Did you know that every sixty seconds in the Congo, a minute passes?

Fluminator

#86 Post by Fluminator » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:54 am

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all ready for a thrilling game of mafia! I'm very excited to play and I can't wait to see how this will all unfold. I'm going to be a townie in this game, and I think I'll make a great one for a few reasons.

First of all, I have a strong sense of justice and a desire to see the guilty brought to justice. This makes me a natural fit for the town, as it is our job to figure out who the mafia is and bring them to justice.

Second, I'm a good communicator and I work well in groups. I think that this will be an important skill for the town, as we need to work together to uncover the mafia's plot and keep each other safe.

Finally, I'm an honest person and I believe in playing the game with integrity. This means that I won't try to deceive anyone or hide my motives. I think that this will be important for building trust among the town and making sure that we can all work together effectively.

So, I'm looking forward to playing with all of you and I hope that we can work together to bring the mafia to justice!

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#87 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:08 am

##GM note to self... reroll of flum ends up town.

President Eden

#88 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:39 am

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:54 am
Hello everyone!

I hope you're all ready for a thrilling game of mafia! I'm very excited to play and I can't wait to see how this will all unfold. I'm going to be a townie in this game, and I think I'll make a great one for a few reasons.

First of all, I have a strong sense of justice and a desire to see the guilty brought to justice. This makes me a natural fit for the town, as it is our job to figure out who the mafia is and bring them to justice.

Second, I'm a good communicator and I work well in groups. I think that this will be an important skill for the town, as we need to work together to uncover the mafia's plot and keep each other safe.

Finally, I'm an honest person and I believe in playing the game with integrity. This means that I won't try to deceive anyone or hide my motives. I think that this will be important for building trust among the town and making sure that we can all work together effectively.

So, I'm looking forward to playing with all of you and I hope that we can work together to bring the mafia to justice!
Hi Fluminator, thanks for writing. I agree that justice is good and lying is bad. That’s why I’ve also elected to be a townie. I look forward to close cooperation with you my fellow townie as we successfully make justice.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#89 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:02 am

Fluminator wrote:
Hello everyone!

Sardonic Mafia Advice

Eamon Gaffney
Write a long and sardonic response to someone who is playing mafia with you and trying too hard

Ah, the timeless tradition of playing Mafia. A game of wit, strategy, and just a hint of deception. And of course, the occasional player who takes it a bit too seriously.

I can tell that you're one of those players who is dead set on being the ultimate Mafia mastermind. You probably have a sinister monologue prepared for each of your victims, and you relish in the power you hold over the innocent townsfolk. But let's be real here, it's just a game. There's no need to get so invested in it.

I mean, I get it. Playing Mafia can be a thrilling experience, especially when you're able to successfully hoodwink your fellow players. But there's a fine line between being a cunning villain and being a try-hard. And, I hate to break it to you, but you're definitely crossing that line.

Your constant over-the-top proclamations of your own cleverness are starting to wear thin, and it's not exactly endearing you to the rest of the players. In fact, I think it's safe to say that we're all growing a little tired of your antics.

So here's some friendly advice: take a step back, relax, and enjoy the game for what it is. There's no need to go so far over the top that you detract from the experience for everyone else. Because at the end of the day, it's just a silly game, and no amount of faux-intrigue or hammy villainy is going to change that.

So just sit back, have a drink, and let the games begin. And who knows? You might just find that playing it a little more laid-back can be just as much fun as playing it as if your life depends on it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#90 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:04 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:02 am
Fluminator wrote:
Hello everyone!

Sardonic Mafia Advice

Eamon Gaffney
Write a long and sardonic response to someone who is playing mafia with you and trying too hard

Ah, the timeless tradition of playing Mafia. A game of wit, strategy, and just a hint of deception. And of course, the occasional player who takes it a bit too seriously.

I can tell that you're one of those players who is dead set on being the ultimate Mafia mastermind. You probably have a sinister monologue prepared for each of your victims, and you relish in the power you hold over the innocent townsfolk. But let's be real here, it's just a game. There's no need to get so invested in it.

I mean, I get it. Playing Mafia can be a thrilling experience, especially when you're able to successfully hoodwink your fellow players. But there's a fine line between being a cunning villain and being a try-hard. And, I hate to break it to you, but you're definitely crossing that line.

Your constant over-the-top proclamations of your own cleverness are starting to wear thin, and it's not exactly endearing you to the rest of the players. In fact, I think it's safe to say that we're all growing a little tired of your antics.

So here's some friendly advice: take a step back, relax, and enjoy the game for what it is. There's no need to go so far over the top that you detract from the experience for everyone else. Because at the end of the day, it's just a silly game, and no amount of faux-intrigue or hammy villainy is going to change that.

So just sit back, have a drink, and let the games begin. And who knows? You might just find that playing it a little more laid-back can be just as much fun as playing it as if your life depends on it.
Love when GPT doxxes me...

KoalaAttack

#91 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:39 am

A mathematical proof that

This statement is true.

Either the statement is (A) true or (B) false.

If (A) then it computes – it is true that the statement is true.

If (B) then the statement is false.
So the real statement is "This statement is false."
If the statement false, and the real statement is "This statement is false." then it computes – it is true that the real statement is false.

Therefore, regardless of whether it's (A) or (B) the statement is true.

Jamiet99uk

#92 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:21 am

List:
1. Bona
2. Damo666
3. ghug
4. Chaqa
5. Jamiet99uk
6. lfischl
7. swordsman3003
8. Bunnygo
9. Fluminator
10. bozo
11. KoalaAttack
12. rdrivera2005
13. Eden
14. brainbomb
15. BK3K

ONE SPACE REMAINING
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

damo666

#93 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:21 am
List:
1. Bona
2. Damo666
3. ghug
4. Chaqa
5. Jamiet99uk
6. lfischl
7. swordsman3003
8. Bunnygo
9. Fluminator
10. bozo
11. KoalaAttack
12. rdrivera2005
13. Eden
14. brainbomb
15. BK3K

ONE SPACE REMAINING
Pretty Vacant

BunnyGo

#94 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:27 pm

Macca

Macca

Macca!!!

TheMadMonarch

#95 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:28 pm

hi

TheMadMonarch

#96 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:28 pm

long time no see

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#97 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:39 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:28 pm
long time no see
WelcomeW! signupsignupsignupsighnup

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#98 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:47 pm

@swordsman: you're aware this will not be a 100% purely vanilla game, right?

Fluminator

#99 Post by Fluminator » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:59 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:39 am
A mathematical proof that

This statement is true.

Either the statement is (A) true or (B) false.

If (A) then it computes – it is true that the statement is true.

If (B) then the statement is false.
So the real statement is "This statement is false."
If the statement false, and the real statement is "This statement is false." then it computes – it is true that the real statement is false.

Therefore, regardless of whether it's (A) or (B) the statement is true.
Wow, [username], you really know how to bring the heat with a paradox! This type of logic could definitely come in handy during our upcoming Mafia game.

In a game where deception and misdirection are key, it's important to be able to think critically and see through false statements. Your demonstration of the liar paradox shows that it's not always as straightforward as it seems to determine the truth.

I can imagine this type of thinking being especially useful when trying to suss out the mafia members among us. Who knows, maybe you'll even be able to turn the tables and use the paradox to your advantage!

Thanks for sharing this with us. I can't wait to see how these concepts play out in the game. Let the games begin!

President Eden

#100 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:37 pm

haha he said amogus