MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#941 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:00 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:54 pm
OK, thank you for your input Balki & rdrivera2005 – I will not pursue this plan in that case.

And here I thought "what a great strategy I came up with", sigh...
Good. So let's scumhunt. My scumpool is Bunny, yavu, lfischl, rdr [that order but marginal]. What are your thoughts on those four?

damo666

#942 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:05 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:20 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:00 pm
Interesting, no-one voted for me so far. So I feel I should post this preemptively, just in case folks do vote for me – I don't want this post to come across as being reactive to that.

- I still believe that following through on the binding vote makes the most sense and is the optimal move. For reasons of Pool of Elimination coupled with yavozovic thread.

- If you disagree, I humbly request that you vote for me. The rules say nothing about surviving being a part of the victory conditions AFAICT, merely that our side wins. So when my role as a Townie will be revealed upon my death, that should give the good Townies enough info to win the game IMHO – assuming they will spend the time to carefully re-read the backscroll of last night and today. So I can "pawn sacrifice" myself and it's a win/win either way in my mind.

Think about it – either the above is sincere, so let me do my "pawn sacrifice" if you are not onboard with the binding vote. Or the above is a reverse psychology attempt by a Mafia, so vote me and kill a Mafia. You win either way!

Thank you in advance!
I still think you are town but this post is really bad. If you are town you should not want to sacrifice yourself. Townies have two goals: finding scum and showing they are townies to other town people. Town usually win by forming a town core and not by some next level PR play.

This said, my town core now includes Balki, Koala and Worcej.

I feel Bozo and Chaq seeming just not invested in the game, which is a bit scummy. Lfishcl and Yav are just coasting and are not bad choices too. But I will keep my ##vote Damo, his reads are just platitudes. Town read Bozo for stating the obvious, vibes, feel...
Some are just mere platitudes but it is only D2 and only p48. You yourself are considering lfischl and Yav. Do you think I'd put both scummates in my pool if four? Of course by the same token I leaning more town on you now.

damo666

#943 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:08 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:56 pm
As for reads, if the plan was terrible, does that translate into a few Town-karma brownie points to you two for pointing it out? Unless of course you are Mafia pretending to be Townies. Fun times!
Yes, they were both townie posts.

damo666

#944 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:10 pm

lfischl wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:59 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:00 pm
Interesting, no-one voted for me so far. So I feel I should post this preemptively, just in case folks do vote for me – I don't want this post to come across as being reactive to that.

- I still believe that following through on the binding vote makes the most sense and is the optimal move. For reasons of Pool of Elimination coupled with yavozovic thread.

- If you disagree, I humbly request that you vote for me. The rules say nothing about surviving being a part of the victory conditions AFAICT, merely that our side wins. So when my role as a Townie will be revealed upon my death, that should give the good Townies enough info to win the game IMHO – assuming they will spend the time to carefully re-read the backscroll of last night and today. So I can "pawn sacrifice" myself and it's a win/win either way in my mind.

Think about it – either the above is sincere, so let me do my "pawn sacrifice" if you are not onboard with the binding vote. Or the above is a reverse psychology attempt by a Mafia, so vote me and kill a Mafia. You win either way!

Thank you in advance!
I still think you are town but this post is really bad. If you are town you should not want to sacrifice yourself. Townies have two goals: finding scum and showing they are townies to other town people. Town usually win by forming a town core and not by some next level PR play.

I feel Bozo and Chaq seeming just not invested in the game, which is a bit scummy. Lfishcl and Yav are just coasting and are not bad choices too. But I will keep my ##vote Damo, his reads are just platitudes. Town read Bozo for stating the obvious, vibes, feel...
For my activity, sorry I haven't been around as much, I had a pretty awful weekend with some personal stuff and then I got sick, but I should be around more tonight and tomorrow.

For the PR's, I do think worcej's doctor claim is truthful, and I would be open to flipping someone like chaqa because I don't believe his claim
Not believing his claim doesn't make him scum though does it?

damo666

#945 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:15 pm

Assuming worcej is town D1 was TvT so Bo's late switch from lfischl to pyxxy looks unlikely to be a scum move.

So townworcej => townBo.

Yav's late switch looks to avoid a tie and is NAI.

lfischl

#946 Post by lfischl » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:15 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:10 pm
lfischl wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

For my activity, sorry I haven't been around as much, I had a pretty awful weekend with some personal stuff and then I got sick, but I should be around more tonight and tomorrow.

For the PR's, I do think worcej's doctor claim is truthful, and I would be open to flipping someone like chaqa because I don't believe his claim
I hope I'm understanding your post correctly, but in my opinion I don't think his claim was very towny

damo666

#947 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:28 pm

lfischl wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:15 pm
damo666 wrote:
lfischl wrote:

I hope I'm understanding your post correctly, but in my opinion I don't think his claim was very towny
Well either he is

a) telling the truth
b) fake claiming as scum
c) fake claiming as vt to attract a nk

I go

a) 10%
b) 30%
c) 60%

KoalaAttack

#948 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:39 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:00 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
OK, thank you for your input Balki & rdrivera2005 – I will not pursue this plan in that case.

Good. So let's scumhunt. My scumpool is Bunny, yavu, lfischl, rdr [that order but marginal]. What are your thoughts on those four?
Well I think it's worcej, ghug and BunnyGo. So Bunny is intersect. Given that yavu and lfischl are tied up with worcej with that post by yavu, it's quite interesting, and we might arrive at a resolution with the binding vote I want to follow through with.

That leaves rdr. I have no strong feeling on rdr so far and would like to understand your rationale for that one more?

damo666

#949 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:58 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:39 pm
damo666 wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:

Well I think it's worcej, ghug and BunnyGo. So Bunny is intersect. Given that yavu and lfischl are tied up with worcej with that post by yavu, it's quite interesting, and we might arrive at a resolution with the binding vote I want to follow through with.

That leaves rdr. I have no strong feeling on rdr so far and would like to understand your rationale for that one more?
It was the way he did his TM claim but the fact he scum reads Yav and lfischl puts me off a bit.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#950 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:00 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:14 pm
Think about it this way – if I am a Townie, why has no Mafia voted for me so far? Clearly because I am one of the the lest-advantageous Townies for them to unveil (for whatever reasons). Maybe I'm new so they don't see me as a threat. Or maybe I said some things that they don't want verified as sincere.

Either way, the binding vote would be more effective. But this feels as good as Plan B as any.
Even if this were true, shouldn't your response to this be to be more useful and involved (a trend I am seeing) rather than volunteer death?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#951 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:01 pm

damo666 wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:

Can you elaborate on how one shitty post made you townread bo?

damo666

#952 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:26 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:

Because it tallied with my own townthinking. Also his move from fish to pixie 20 minutes from EOD1 doesn't look like a scum move.

Who are in your scumpool?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#953 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:31 pm

I think ghug might be a bad guy. Just so you know.

worcej

#954 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:37 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:14 pm
Think about it this way – if I am a Townie, why has no Mafia voted for me so far? Clearly because I am one of the the lest-advantageous Townies for them to unveil (for whatever reasons). Maybe I'm new so they don't see me as a threat. Or maybe I said some things that they don't want verified as sincere.

Either way, the binding vote would be more effective. But this feels as good as Plan B as any.
Wasting a day kill on you just because we don't agree with your line of thought isn't the right thing to do as town - we want to scum hunt at this point and things are beginning to develop to indicate potential scum worth flipping.

Shit, even killing me is more beneficial to town than killing you right now.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#955 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:40 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:26 pm
ghug wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Because it tallied with my own townthinking. Also his move from fish to pixie 20 minutes from EOD1 doesn't look like a scum move.

I townread Koala, Balki, and worcej, which is uncomfortably small when I spell it out.

bo (and you, but more on that in a second) behaved how I expected scum would after the night vote, which is why he gets that vote. Everyone else is null either through active ambivalence (you, Chaqa) or just because there's nothing much i can find to read. If it's not bo, I'd prefer lfischl or yav right now because they're useless and hard to sort, but I could be talked into anyone else.

worcej

#956 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:42 pm

damo666 wrote:
Assuming worcej is town D1 was TvT so Bo's late switch from lfischl to pyxxy looks unlikely to be a scum move.

So townworcej => townBo.

Yav's late switch looks to avoid a tie and is NAI.
Unless it was done to ensure the pendulum wouldn't swing back to Bunny, lfischl, or you.

He made the move with 20 minutes left in phase - I would be more in agreement with you if there was only a couple minutes left.

worcej

#957 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:44 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:28 pm
lfischl wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Well either he is

a) telling the truth
b) fake claiming as scum
c) fake claiming as vt to attract a nk

I go

a) 10%
b) 30%
c) 60%
Is this your assessment of likelihood of situations for Chaqa or myself?

worcej

#958 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:46 pm

damo666 wrote:
ghug wrote:
damo666 wrote:

I still think this method of thought on bo is ignoring the fact he wanted to ensure a town died instead of possibly having a scum teammate go down in flames too.

The fact the move was 20 minutes earlier supports a scum read far more than a town read in my eyes.

worcej

#959 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:47 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:31 pm
I think ghug might be a bad guy. Just so you know.
I'll bite - why do you think this?

damo666

#960 Post by damo666 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:48 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:40 pm
damo666 wrote:
ghug wrote:

I townread Koala, Balki, and worcej, which is uncomfortably small when I spell it out.

bo (and you, but more on that in a second) behaved how I expected scum would after the night vote, which is why he gets that vote. Everyone else is null either through active ambivalence (you, Chaqa) or just because there's nothing much i can find to read. If it's not bo, I'd prefer lfischl or yav right now because they're useless and hard to sort, but I could be talked into anyone else.
So why are you currently voting worcej lol? I'm happy with any of Bunny, lfischl and Yav.