MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2321 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:36 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:09 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:05 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:58 pm

How about you spend your time reading the game and telling us what you've learned based on all of the new information that you have from all the flips/clear towns. I think that would be more productive than a bunch of voting that is meaningless because the town clears are going to make the final decisions and so anything any of the VTs says has no consequence.

Sincerely,
Balki
There's no new information to be gleaned. Lfischl was scum as I thought and worcej was doctor as he claimed. The game state is the same and to me it's just a matter of figuring out which order we go through the suspects in.
We recently learned:

ghug is town
Yav is town
Bunny is town
Koala is town
worcej is town
Lfischl is scum

You were aware of all that before we learned it?
Yes, he was.

damo666

#2322 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:33 pm
Why don't we RCV this bitch.

Candidates: Balki, bozo, bo_sox, Chaqa, damo, rivera

My ballot:
1 - Damo
2 - Balki
3- Bozo
4 - Bo_sox
5 - Rivera

Please submit your Mafia RCV ballot.
1 Chaqa
2 Bozo
3 Balki
4 Bo
5 rdr

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2323 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:40 pm

Count of Votes 4.2
Chaqa (2) KoalaAttack, damo666
Bozotheclown (1) BunnyGo
Damo666 (1) Chaqa
No Votes Counted: balki, bozo, bosox, rdrivera
Chaqa’s cup of danger is almost half full.
Day ends in 1 day and 20 minutes

BunnyGo

#2324 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:14 pm

Chaqa wrote:

My ballot:
1 - Damo
2 - Balki
3- Bozo
4 - Bo_sox
5 - Rivera

How about approval voting instead?

BunnyGo

#2325 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:15 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

How about you spend your time reading the game and telling us what you've learned based on all of the new information that you have from all the flips/clear towns. I think that would be more productive than a bunch of voting that is meaningless because the town clears are going to make the final decisions and so anything any of the VTs says has no consequence.

Sincerely,
Balki
There's no new information to be gleaned. Lfischl was scum as I thought and worcej was doctor as he claimed. The game state is the same and to me it's just a matter of figuring out which order we go through the suspects in.
We recently learned:

ghug is town
Yav is town
Bunny is town
Koala is town
worcej is town
Lfischl is scum

You should read the last day of the most recent game.

BunnyGo

#2326 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:16 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:36 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

We recently learned:

ghug is town
Yav is town
Bunny is town
Koala is town
worcej is town
Lfischl is scum

Yes, he was.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2327 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:24 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Sincerely,
Balki
We recently learned:

ghug is town
Yav is town
Bunny is town
Koala is town
worcej is town
Lfischl is scum

I made my determinations about the game state after the mass claim yesterday. Nothing new has happened since then that I would say warrants re-examining that.

You keep presenting me with these knowingly unreasonable tasks and questions, I can only assume it's being done in bad faith and therefore I don't think I'll engage with you any more.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2328 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:24 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

We recently learned:

ghug is town
Yav is town
Bunny is town
Koala is town
worcej is town
Lfischl is scum

I made my determinations about the game state after the mass claim yesterday. Nothing new has happened since then that I would say warrants re-examining that.

You keep presenting me with these knowingly unreasonable tasks and questions, I can only assume it's being done in bad faith and therefore I don't think I'll engage with you any more.
I simply asked you to read the game with the new info you have.

That is so knowingly unreasonable that it must be in bad faith?

You’d prefer to camp in the thread and ask meaningless Cosmo polls?

damo666

#2329 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:39 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

My ballot:
1 - Damo
2 - Balki
3- Bozo
4 - Bo_sox
5 - Rivera

Sincerely,
Balki
Why is the highlighted true? Only tracker or watcher might know anything a vt doesn't but I doubt that's the case or we would have heard by now.

If we all blindly follow the PRs we get no VCA and if they've chosen a town it's easy for scum to get a hidden mk. And what if (as currently) Koala and Bunny are voting differently? Who do you follow?

You have said you will follow the PRs. This is prima facie townie but an easy thing for scum to say (and do).

Balki shifting => Scum

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2330 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:45 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:39 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

My ballot:
1 - Damo
2 - Balki
3- Bozo
4 - Bo_sox
5 - Rivera

Sincerely,
Balki
Why is the highlighted true? Only tracker or watcher might know anything a vt doesn't but I doubt that's the case or we would have heard by now.

If we all blindly follow the PRs we get no VCA and if they've chosen a town it's easy for scum to get a hidden mk. And what if (as currently) Koala and Bunny are voting differently? Who do you follow?

You have said you will follow the PRs. This is prima facie townie but an easy thing for scum to say (and do).

Balki shifting => Scum
We are down to a small enough number that town basically has to vote together to succeed. When we have at least one clear, that is much easier. The clears decide. They will wind up on the same person in the end.

damo666

#2331 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:50 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:45 pm
damo666 wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Sincerely,
Balki

Balki shifting => Scum
We are down to a small enough number that town basically has to vote together to succeed. When we have at least one clear, that is much easier. The clears decide. They will wind up on the same person in the end.
That may be true D5 but today we are 6-2.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2332 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:47 am

I forgot to reread today and started getting drunk an hour ago, so uh… :D

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2333 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:49 am

Drunk bo agrees with damo that letting the clears do everything when we have room for error and thus room to learn things is dumb. But also being wrong may put us in KYLO without a clear PR so maybe treating it like we don’t have room for error has merit, and maybe it’s an argument between townsfolk

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2334 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:50 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Sincerely,
Balki

Balki shifting => Scum
If we have only scum to catch I could agree with you, but with two scum the interactions and voting are important and leaving just to clears decide just help scum to hide.
Scum have to decide now if they try to join to get a miskill or buss each other or just try to distance and how natural or fake this interactions look are key to catch them.

At this point I am feeling Damo much more natural on his comments then you.

KoalaAttack

#2335 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:02 pm
The only downside in Koala making a gambler/not gambler declaration I can think of is that if he declares gambler maf will kill him before Bunny (fear of CWV). But the upside would be he could tell us his bet and we kill that person and with any luck Koala can save himself anyway. Then repeat.

Am I missing anything? Looks a no-brainer to me.
Oh, interesting – you mean non-Gambler as in without specifying 2, 3 or 4?

The other downside is if I'm not Gambler that eliminates the scary 50/50 for the Mafia team.

PS: slightly suspicious the super-logic-driven Damo only sees the 1 downside where I can see at least half a dozen as a newbie!

PPS: unless you hop around and eat carrots your opinion doesn't really count as much :)

KoalaAttack

#2336 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:00 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:18 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:09 pm
@Koala, it’s hard for the rest of us to speculate on whether you should give a more specific claim. You need to look at your power and consider how it may play out. Then look at all of the potential Town PR roles and consider how their potential existence impacts scum night actions.

I think that having ambiguity in both your role and Bunny’s role is very valuable. But you are in the best position to know.
I like this post.

@Balki what do you think about Bozo/Chaqa scumpair?
I agree, Balki gets Town points from me for this.

KoalaAttack

#2337 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:02 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:02 pm
About to drive through a storm. So not around for several hours.

@koala. Keep your cards close for now. I’d only claim things that give no intel to scum like “I was roleblocked” since the scum team KNOWS you were (for example).
Aye aye, roger that!

KoalaAttack

#2338 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:10 am

Chaqa wrote:

My ballot:
1 - Damo
2 - Balki
3- Bozo
4 - Bo_sox
5 - Rivera

What is a RCV?

KoalaAttack

#2339 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:18 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:50 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Balki shifting => Scum
If we have only scum to catch I could agree with you, but with two scum the interactions and voting are important and leaving just to clears decide just help scum to hide.
Scum have to decide now if they try to join to get a miskill or buss each other or just try to distance and how natural or fake this interactions look are key to catch them.

At this point I am feeling Damo much more natural on his comments then you.

I tend to agree – the whole point of Which Hunt Inquisition is to interview the potential witches, no? Presumably under the pressure of suspicion. Forcing folks to defend themselves is strictly more info than silence-with-crickets. Not to mention the chance to shake loose a slop or an incongruence!

KoalaAttack

#2340 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:22 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:18 am
Not to mention the chance to shake loose a slop or an incongruence!
*slip