MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2241 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:05 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:07 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:05 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:41 am

I'll be in Boston tomorrow...for 5 days.

Fucking useless not-a-city. HATE that people don't know how to push into subway cars. Just fucking hang out by the door.

But I'm always state-side, haven't been over seas in a decade.
Wellllllllllll I thought you were a toothless brit for some reason

Here in my part of America we don’t have public transportation 🇺🇸
Wait...wait...you go by bo_sox and aren't in Boston?
I’m not even a Red Sox fan! Time has moved on since I set up this account with such a dumb username. I have a 180 degree panoramic view of the Colorado Rockies out the window, and I assure you that you cannot see them in Boston.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2242 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:12 am

This game is a lot more entertaining with drunk people

BunnyGo

#2243 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:13 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:05 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:07 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:05 am

Wellllllllllll I thought you were a toothless brit for some reason

Here in my part of America we don’t have public transportation 🇺🇸
Wait...wait...you go by bo_sox and aren't in Boston?
I’m not even a Red Sox fan! Time has moved on since I set up this account with such a dumb username. I have a 180 degree panoramic view of the Colorado Rockies out the window, and I assure you that you cannot see them in Boston.
Shit...

That's so much better!

You gotta win the xmas prize! If I won, I was gonna give the reward to Brother Bored so he can ditch his Swordsman handle, but you'll get it instead now.

BunnyGo

#2244 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:13 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:12 am
This game is a lot more entertaining with drunk people
Ok bo...whadda ya know?

BunnyGo

#2245 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:14 am

And yeah...koala. I see it...

At least teh token didn't cost you real $$.

You and damo gotta learn to stop throwing away your bets on trash.

BunnyGo

#2246 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:19 am

The Ballad of Chaqa: part deux--the Chipotling!

Chaqa mentions that he's looking to get EU citizenship; something damo just gave up! <boom!>

HB suggests the "night vote for gambler" and Chaqa sagely responds with "no". I like this...towny vibes here.

But then...he tries to volunteer as the sacrifice...and then...

Engaged with worcej about who sucks more, and fake claimed watcher. Huh...with that and volunteering for gambler, seems like he was really trying to die? WTF? Hmm...unless he knew we'd never follow through?

Chaqa then engaged with me a bit about Balki's claim being real... :?

He then tried to hammer worcej with the plan he was against originally...and called worcej's claim bullshit.

OS here we go! CHAQA believes Balki's fake claim, fake claims on his own, then DOESN'T believe worcej's fake claim....actually...that seems kinda towny.

then he engages with damo's point that koala was softing the gambler; To me this says there's almost no chance of a damo-chaqa scum pair.

NOW Balki tries to force us to claim after I mentioned it and damo pushed a bit, bo and chaqa push back (as does DumbBunny (TM!)) gonna rule out a bo-chaqa pairing here...also ruling out damo-Balki pairing.

Man this Ballad is awesome!

Oh man!!! THis whole claiming argument is amazing! Balki "didn't realize" that scum only have night chat. Damo razzes him for it.

NO...no...BAD BUNNY!

This is the Ballad of Chaqa!!!

BunnyGo

#2248 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:42 am

OK...I gotta drive to Boston tomorrow before a storm hits.

Thursday is EOD, I might not be around much; taking my son to an all day doctor's appointment. Soooooo...

Gotta do my ballads tonight! (and tomorrow night...Mrs. Bunny isn't coming with us, so I can stay up)

BunnyGo

#2249 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:17 am

wait...@koala: you work nights? I assumed your schedule was strange because you were in Australia.

BunnyGo

#2250 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:22 am

oh...right, there are more countries in that time zone than just Australia...

BunnyGo

#2251 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:29 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:39 am
If you are telling me it's not Balki and not Bo I'll trust your experience. Then I would say that the 3 of damo, bozo, and rdr are similar – I have a hard time making a strong case out of these vs each other. Chaqa is the clear outlier.

Plus, if we lose because we didn't guess the right quieter person like rdr, that would be reasonable. If we lose and Chaqa was Mafia, it would be too much trolling and baiting in retrospective. Unless of course you tell me that's just the baseline and Chaqa is always like that. Hence my vote so far!
So...it's easy to hide as quiet. The first few times I won as scum, I talked A LOT. This game (until tonight), I'm downright mute by comparison. People had trouble believing I could spew that much shit as scum.

In general, it's easy to hide by not saying much, but seeming to say a lot.

Chaqa spews shit; but unlike me, he spews it as town too. So yeah...he's just chaos monkey.

I gotta finish his ballad. Gotta do rdr next. Probably bo after that... But show me what you're seeing more detailed like and I'll comment.

KoalaAttack

#2252 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:19 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:17 am
wait...@koala: you work nights? I assumed your schedule was strange because you were in Australia.
I'm in California, but work with Aussie dev team so shifted schedule

KoalaAttack

#2253 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:28 am

Birthday Year Bunny – not sure if others already pointed this out (I lost track) – but so going back to this (with my new knowledge):

KoalaAttack wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:27 am
(2) I also tied up the vote pretty late – and before I tied up the vote, it was
Bo – bozotheclown, yavuzovic(T), ghug, worcej
yavuzovic – damo666, rdrivera2005, lfischl
right? Question for the more experienced folks – would it be reasonable to assume at at least a couple Mafia are voting for these front-runners? So in my mind it creates a tad of suspicion around the names on here.

and also this:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:04 am
I think ghug stated good reasons for suspecting bo_sox and did not say anything that would provoke this kind of reaction, and this reminds me of something ghug did to PE once when ghug was mafia and PE made a good case against him. I also remember seeing this kind of thing from bo_sox as mafia before, directed toward me.
I also don't think it is a coincidence that ghug is no longer here to argue his case on bo_sox.
##VOTE bo_sox

I am pretty sure that if Bo is Mafia then bozo is Town and vice versa. First bozotheclown was sinking Bo with literally a couple minutes to go, together with 3 confirmed townies, and only by 1 vote before I created last-minute tie threat. Then he follows up again next day.

What do you reckon?

KoalaAttack

#2254 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:29 am

PS: Happy Birthday Year!

KoalaAttack

#2255 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:30 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:28 am
I am pretty sure that if Bo is Mafia then bozo is Town and vice versa. First bozotheclown was sinking Bo with literally a couple minutes to go, together with 3 confirmed townies, and only by 1 vote before I created last-minute tie threat. Then he follows up again next day.
What do you reckon?
Err I should say I'm pretty sure if Bo is Mafia then bozo is Town. Less sure but still a signal the other way around.

bozotheclown

#2256 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:54 am

I reviewed the suspicion of Balki expressed by KoalaAttack and worcej, and I think it comes down to this post:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:57 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:43 am
I still have Balki as a strong Mafia suspect for the last fake group action (in addition to the lfi alternative searching in the last vote I mentioned)
We should talk about this.

Here is why I pushed the N2 vote idea:

1. Because only Town potentially benefits from predicting the D2 kill. There was no possible scum role that might also benefit. So by moving the vote up to Night 1 instead of Day 2, we had a chance to get Gambler an item without a disadvantage.
2. Because our percentage Town was likely to be slightly higher during N1 than it was on D2 (because Scum were more likely to kill a player than Town during the night). (This only applies if we have a robust vote with full participation)
3. Whether we actually followed the plan or not, it seemed like a useful way to spend our time during the night: forcing people to make reads and vote, and the vote data might wind up being useful.

Once Day 2 began, I had a little bit of interest in following through with the plan — like I may have cast a vote for worcej if I was really undecided about two vote candidates — but there were some reasons not to treat the night vote as decisive:

(1) There was not full buy in from players. Lots of players discredited the idea or did not participate. It didn’t feel like a robust voting process.
(2) I definitely didn’t want to vote END early before everyone had a chance to report potential night information and before worcej had a chance to claim a PR.

Then, of course, worcej did claim a PR, and a third consideration overwhelmed all: worcej made a claim that we were likely to learn more about as the game went on.

So, maybe this is all true, or maybe there is a sinister scum plan for all this. If you think there is a sinister scum plan, you need to consider the scum motivation for what I did and then evaluate whether that explanation is more likely than the one I just gave.

If worcej had turned out to be Scum, then I can think of a pretty convincing Scum motivation. I wanted to have a vote to kill, and then changed my mind after the vote leader was on my Scum teammate. But we now know that worcej is Town. So with that in mind, what is the Scum motivation that makes these actions suspicious?
I think the issue is that when Balki said "Then, of course, worcej did claim a PR, and a third consideration overwhelmed all", it sounds like he was saying worcej's claim was a consideration for him not to follow through on the vote, and KoalaAttack and worcej were pointing out that Balki made the decision not to follow through on the vote before worcej claimed.

I see the point, but I think that just did not come across the way it was intended.

bozotheclown

#2257 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:25 am

Out of the non-clears, Balki and Chaqa seem likely to be town, so my top 3 scum combinations are:

bo_sox/damo: In this case, damo takes something BunnyGo said about bo_sox's D1 vote to try to sell bo_sox as town, going all in on mis-kills of me and Chaqa while trying to pocket rdrivera.

bo_sox/rdrivera: In this case, bo_sox and rdrivera avoid interacting with each other while distancing from lfischl by complaining about lfischl's lack of participation.

damo/rdrivera: In this case, damo's certainty about bo_sox being town is a plan to pocket bo_sox or be "right" about bo_sox if he flips, counting on 2 mis-kills in bo_sox, me, and Chaqa.

I think bo_sox/rdrivera fits best, but I do not see a reason to rule out the other 2.

bozotheclown

#2258 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:46 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:42 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:35 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:33 pm
So let's chop Bo then?

##vote Bo
Do you have other reasons? I'm listening.
Do you disagree that not participating heavily in the night vote and then being one of the most eager to kill its probably town target once day came is suspicious?

The other big thing is that there's a lot of getting involved in discussions but very little in the way of opinions on players' alignments, which is scummy for anyone and especially for bo.

##VOTE bo
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:12 pm
Arrived, but won't be really available as I was away for three days and wife, daughter and dog request my attention. But I should be around closer to EOD.

At this point I would vote almost anyone that is not Worcej and Koala (and Chaqa even not believing his claim). I would prefer Damo, Yav or lfischl. Right now ##vote Yav
lfischl wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:48 pm
I would like to provide VOTE COUNT 2.6:

yavuzovic(3) - bozotheclown, damo666, rdrivera2005
worcej(2) - KoalaAttack(END), yavuzovic
Ghug(2) - BunnyGo, bo_sox48
bo_sox48(2) - worcej, ghug
BunnyGo(1) - Balki Bartokomous
Balki Bartokomous(1) - Chaqa

At present Yavuzovic is at the top of this list.

A bit more than an hour is left.

Lfischl has yet to vote.
well if no one votes chaqa I guess I'll vote yav ##vote yav
After ghug voted for bo_sox approximately 2 hours before D2 EOD to put bo_sox in a 4 way tie for the lead with 2 votes, the next 2 votes were rdrivera and lfischl voting for yavuzovic, with no acknowledgement of ghug's case on bo_sox. worcej was not an option because of his claim, so their choice of wagons were yavuzovic, ghug, and bo_sox. With ghug advocating a bo_sox DK and bo_sox gone, a bo_sox DK would have been a good possibility if not for the yavuzovic votes by rdrivera and lfischl.

Jamiet99uk

#2259 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:15 am

VOTE COUNT 4.0

KoalaAttack (1) - BunnyGo
Chaqa (1) - KoalaAttack

Plenty of time remains.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

BunnyGo

#2260 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:17 am

lfischl wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:01 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:11 pm
lfischl wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:14 pm
Also what happened to the chaqa wagon?
It was only ever me and bo and apparently bo was just placating me.
Oh ok, yeah I thought I voted chaqa but apparently I didn't. I would still do it if you would
@bozo Went back to read the EOD2 stuff you were talking about with RDR and Fish. This post jumped out at me from the time.

Bo and Fish both soft pushed chaqa and ran away.