MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1061 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:04 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:37 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:53 am

I googled WIFOM – interesting concept.

The fun bit is we aren't even playing the same game!

I don't know what's the Mafia equivalent, but it's like comparing the game theories of Prisoner's Dilemma vs Iterated Prisoner's Dilemma. I am playing a one-off game new to me, for now. Y'all are in a series. A marathon indeed.
Sure, but you can assess some things. So for example, you never asked why I suspect you're town; especially since you're the new guy and from that perspective it's a 1st iteration one-off game for all of us when you're concerned.

Also, you can look for slips, signs that somebody doesn't know something they should if they were town (or scum). Or does know something they shouldn't.

Alright, let's play slips.

Isn't this here:
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:45 am
For example, koala: you’re currently my strongest townread (for reasons unimportant to this story, but I’ll elaborate if asked).
followed by the above, kind of like baiting? And then baiting again when the original fails? Like, you reeeeeally want to share?

Question for the group: What kind of read is this? Is this a mini-slip? In which direction?
Slips are more about known information that shouldn't be known, like scum assuming someone is town without justification in a mechanical argument, or a townie forgetting how many mafia they are.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1062 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:13 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:13 am
I am not reading 8 pages of worcej crying lmao, good grief
This is like when mommy and daddy are fighting and you're happy because they're being horrible to each other and not you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1063 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:13 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:16 am
You're on webDiplomacy, we're all liars here, and most of us pretty good at it
Definitely hasn't read the whole game lol.

KoalaAttack

#1064 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:18 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:04 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 am

Sure, but you can assess some things. So for example, you never asked why I suspect you're town; especially since you're the new guy and from that perspective it's a 1st iteration one-off game for all of us when you're concerned.

Also, you can look for slips, signs that somebody doesn't know something they should if they were town (or scum). Or does know something they shouldn't.

Isn't this here:
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:45 am
For example, koala: you’re currently my strongest townread (for reasons unimportant to this story, but I’ll elaborate if asked).
followed by the above, kind of like baiting? And then baiting again when the original fails? Like, you reeeeeally want to share?

Question for the group: What kind of read is this? Is this a mini-slip? In which direction?
Slips are more about known information that shouldn't be known, like scum assuming someone is town without justification in a mechanical argument, or a townie forgetting how many mafia they are.

OK, so it's NAI?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1065 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:21 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:18 am
ghug wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:

Isn't this here:

OK, so it's NAI?
Eh, I don't agree with worcej that Bunny is always helpful and nice to new players, so your long interaction is certainly noteworthy, but I don't know what to make of it yet. Definitely no slip there.

Just figured I'd get the terminology straight.

worcej

#1066 Post by worcej » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:36 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:21 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
ghug wrote:

OK, so it's NAI?
Eh, I don't agree with worcej that Bunny is always helpful and nice to new players, so your long interaction is certainly noteworthy, but I don't know what to make of it yet. Definitely no slip there.

Can I ask why you don’t agree? Can you name a situation where he wasn’t nice to new people?

KoalaAttack

#1067 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:43 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:29 am
I keep slamming my head into the Koala's brain because I honestly think they are town and I desperately want to drag them to their senses about the conclusion they are driving too.
My brain hurts

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1068 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:47 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:36 am
ghug wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:

OK, so it's NAI?

Can I ask why you don’t agree? Can you name a situation where he wasn’t nice to new people?
He's notorious for seeing new people as opportunities to goad slips, for one. This is also the friendliest I've seen him be to someone maybe ever.

KoalaAttack

#1069 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:57 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:08 am

It's the same as right now: I claimed doctor. So you've accomplished (1) by not believing me, and that's unfortunate for town but is what it is, and are set on killing me because you don't believe it.

Sorry worcej I missed to address this bit.

Just to clarify: I do not "not-believe" your Doctor claim. And I don't believe it either. I have no info one way or another and am treating this entire episode as NAI.

Especially given that the role you claim is the Doctor. BTW, a question for the group and/or GMs – is it intentional on the part of Game Rules that Doctor and Quack Doctor are named like that so a Quack Doctor I could 100% honestly claim Doctor simply without mentioning that they are also a duck?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1070 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:25 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:57 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:08 am

It's the same as right now: I claimed doctor. So you've accomplished (1) by not believing me, and that's unfortunate for town but is what it is, and are set on killing me because you don't believe it.

Sorry worcej I missed to address this bit.

Just to clarify: I do not "not-believe" your Doctor claim. And I don't believe it either. I have no info one way or another and am treating this entire episode as NAI.

Especially given that the role you claim is the Doctor. BTW, a question for the group and/or GMs – is it intentional on the part of Game Rules that Doctor and Quack Doctor are named like that so a Quack Doctor I could 100% honestly claim Doctor simply without mentioning that they are also a duck?
Misleading "honesty" usually goes poorly.

bozotheclown

#1071 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:30 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:15 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:55 am
top 3 scum suspects survey:

BunnyGo: yavuzovic, damo, bo_sox
bozo: yavuzovic, bo_sox, rdrivera
Balki: BunnyGo, damo, ghug
lfischl: yavuzovic, Chaqa, BunnyGo/Balki
worcej: Chaqa, bo_sox, bozo
ghug: bo_sox, lfischl, yavuzovic
damo: BunnyGo, lfischl, yavuzovic
rdrivera: damo, Chaqa, lfischl
KoalaAttack: worcej, ghug, BunnyGo
Bozo, do you think this survey is up to your usual standard?
I am not sure if you mean the quality of the survey or the results. Assuming you mean the quality of the survey, it is not as good as the dog survey, but I don't think there is a mechanism in this game that can be exploited for useful town information like the dog check, and even that almost got me mis-killed D2 in M1023.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1072 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:32 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:30 am
ghug wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:55 am
top 3 scum suspects survey:

BunnyGo: yavuzovic, damo, bo_sox
bozo: yavuzovic, bo_sox, rdrivera
Balki: BunnyGo, damo, ghug
lfischl: yavuzovic, Chaqa, BunnyGo/Balki
worcej: Chaqa, bo_sox, bozo
ghug: bo_sox, lfischl, yavuzovic
damo: BunnyGo, lfischl, yavuzovic
rdrivera: damo, Chaqa, lfischl
KoalaAttack: worcej, ghug, BunnyGo
I am not sure if you mean the quality of the survey or the results. Assuming you mean the quality of the survey, it is not as good as the dog survey, but I don't think there is a mechanism in this game that can be exploited for useful town information like the dog check, and even that almost got me mis-killed D2 in M1023.
It just feels like what ChatGPT would come up with if I described you and asked for a survey, is all.

Have you drawn any conclusions from it? Why did you choose to do it?

bozotheclown

#1073 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:40 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:29 am
I keep slamming my head into the Koala's brain because I honestly think they are town and I desperately want to drag them to their senses about the conclusion they are driving too.

But Chaqa is a special case of lurking and lack of effort atm - he thinks I'm just going to immediately be "better" about handling my role when I am under suspicion after one game? History shows I buckle quickly when I am a PR because of my excitement and frustration that I am exposed. Take a stroll down the bot to see the numerous games where I have had to claim and then subsequently did flip once the scum decided to NK me is proof of that. Why would I just stfu and wait until the very last second to claim this time around?

Couple this with the absolute lack of meaningful content for him - he's just as lurky and worthless as lfischl is, but at least lfischl is saying they are busy IRL
In M76 you were the doctor and you never claimed even though you were online as we mis-killed you D1.

bozotheclown

#1074 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:51 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:32 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:30 am
ghug wrote:

It just feels like what ChatGPT would come up with if I described you and asked for a survey, is all.

Have you drawn any conclusions from it? Why did you choose to do it?
I think this is a useful survey to do every game because it forces the mafia to go on record with scum reads, it shows the town "POE", as Balki put it, and sometimes the town consensus scum reads are fairly accurate. I have not drawn any conclusions from it, but I think it is a good reference point to look at when/if we reveal a scum.

bozotheclown

#1075 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:18 am

worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:

OK, so it's NAI?

BunnyGo gave you an example himself, with kgray, but that was game related as he was trying to get her mis-killed. That was also M54, looking at that game again I still question BunnyGo saying he has no recollection of Balki from it.

BunnyGo

#1076 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:07 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:18 am
worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:

BunnyGo gave you an example himself, with kgray, but that was game related as he was trying to get her mis-killed. That was also M54, looking at that game again I still question BunnyGo saying he has no recollection of Balki from it.
What a strange thing that would be to lie about. Even when I'm scum, I'm mostly honest about everything. Even my lies are based in truths.

BunnyGo

#1077 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:09 am

@worcej: why did you claim your specific PR role? As you point out, not knowing which roles are out there is harder on scum.

Jamiet99uk

#1078 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:09 am

VOTE COUNT 2.4:

worcej (3) - KoalaAttack(End), Chaqa(End), yavuzovic
yavuzovic (3) - BunnyGo, bozotheclown, damo666
Chaqa (2) - bo_sox48, worcej
bo_sox48 (1) - ghug
BunnyGo (1) - Balki Bartokomous
damo666 (1) - rdrivera2005

NOBODY is currently scheduled to gain access to the God Thread.

11 hrs 51 minutes to end of Day 2.

Lfischl still needs to vote.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

BunnyGo

#1079 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:16 am

So it seems there's no hooker? Most of the way through D2 and nobody claimed RB'd, and nobody did that vague "should we claim if we were RB'd?" question they get when they are Vanilla Town and get the RB message.

Other (less likely) options:

Scum thought HB was doctor and would self-save, so they RB'd him.

Someone was roleblocked and decided not to share that information with the class.

The Hooker decided to take a night off.

BunnyGo

#1080 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:24 am

I was wondering if the scum team would try the gutsy play of claiming that they were RB'd to hide the makeup of the scum team.

After typing that I realized they'd have trouble keeping it up when nobody else would be RBd in the future...