M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1181 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:52 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:07 am
N1 dog checks:

bozo: ghug
Chaqa: bozo
Bonatogether: no check
heartthrob: damo
lfischl: Kakarroto
Kakarroto: refuses to participate
bo_sox: rdrivera
celaph: no check
worcej: Chaqa
rdrivera: refuses to participate
damo: refuses to participate

N2 dog checks:

worcej: bozo
Bonatogether: no check
lfischl: worcej
Chaqa: rdrivera
bozo: worcej

My initial reaction D2 was that heartthrob and lfischl seemed likely to be town for responding quickly (Chaqa responded quickly also, but I was already suspecting him for other reasons). Also, bo_sox and worcej seemed likely to be town for defending the survey, because I doubt either would do that to try to pocket me when I had a good chance of being the DK. With celaph and rdrivera no longer in the game, Bonatogether, Kakarroto, and damo are the only remaining dissenters.

I still suspect Chaqa, so that leaves Bonatogether, Kakarroto, damo, and Chaqa as my scum pool.
this is the most peabrain way of finding scum

why on earth is there a simple binary of 'respond = town' and 'not respond = scum'

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1182 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:53 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:40 am
I think there’s 3 mafia in Bozo, worcej, bo, Damo.
this list seems legit, but i'm more of a fan of bo

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1183 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:54 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:16 pm
With only one mis-kill left, I think it would be a good idea to have everyone go on record with their scum pool, up to 4:

bozo: Bonatogether, Chaqa, damo, Kakarroto
Chaqa: bo_sox, bozo, damo, worcej
???

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1184 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:56 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
Kakarroto
lfischl

Bonatogether
heartthrob24909
bo_sox47
worcej
damo666
bozotheclown

This is roughly where I'm at
would move fisch down but basically agree

bozotheclown
Posts: 12913
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1185 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:56 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:52 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:07 am
N1 dog checks:

bozo: ghug
Chaqa: bozo
Bonatogether: no check
heartthrob: damo
lfischl: Kakarroto
Kakarroto: refuses to participate
bo_sox: rdrivera
celaph: no check
worcej: Chaqa
rdrivera: refuses to participate
damo: refuses to participate

N2 dog checks:

worcej: bozo
Bonatogether: no check
lfischl: worcej
Chaqa: rdrivera
bozo: worcej

My initial reaction D2 was that heartthrob and lfischl seemed likely to be town for responding quickly (Chaqa responded quickly also, but I was already suspecting him for other reasons). Also, bo_sox and worcej seemed likely to be town for defending the survey, because I doubt either would do that to try to pocket me when I had a good chance of being the DK. With celaph and rdrivera no longer in the game, Bonatogether, Kakarroto, and damo are the only remaining dissenters.

I still suspect Chaqa, so that leaves Bonatogether, Kakarroto, damo, and Chaqa as my scum pool.
this is the most peabrain way of finding scum

why on earth is there a simple binary of 'respond = town' and 'not respond = scum'
I am beginning to think celaph and rdrivera are town.

bozotheclown
Posts: 12913
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1186 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:57 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:56 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
Kakarroto
lfischl

Bonatogether
heartthrob24909
bo_sox47
worcej
damo666
bozotheclown

This is roughly where I'm at
would move fisch down but basically agree
How far down?

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1187 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:57 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:20 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:24 pm
lfischl wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:00 am


##vote bunny
i want to give fisch townpoints but his first eod vote sucked
why does that qualify for town points? Also that's not how points work, they accumulate and aren't canceled out directly by previous actions (only in summery)
i think i was referring to something else with the townpoints

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1188 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:59 am

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:31 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:16 pm
With only one mis-kill left, I think it would be a good idea to have everyone go on record with their scum pool, up to 4:

bozo: Bonatogether, Chaqa, damo, Kakarroto
Chaqa: bo_sox, bozo, damo, worcej
1. Chaqa or damo but not both, because of this feud
2. worcej, because i have a foggier idea of where they stand compared to some others like bona which i'm more confident about being town
3. Even though I place trust in bozotheclown and his survey i could be swayed on him bc of how the celaph vote turned out, even though i voted for celaph too.
4. bo_sox strikes me as aggressive but not necessarily mafia, lol.
5. I think that leaves Kak and lfisch

i'm gonna brainstorm this Q to try and come up with a solid guess of 4 but that's where my head is at in general
wrt 4 - is being aggressive generally scum-indicative, as you see it?

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1189 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:01 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:34 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:07 am
N1 dog checks:

bozo: ghug
Chaqa: bozo
Bonatogether: no check
heartthrob: damo
lfischl: Kakarroto
Kakarroto: refuses to participate
bo_sox: rdrivera
celaph: no check
worcej: Chaqa
rdrivera: refuses to participate
damo: refuses to participate

N2 dog checks:

worcej: bozo
Bonatogether: no check
lfischl: worcej
Chaqa: rdrivera
bozo: worcej

My initial reaction D2 was that heartthrob and lfischl seemed likely to be town for responding quickly (Chaqa responded quickly also, but I was already suspecting him for other reasons). Also, bo_sox and worcej seemed likely to be town for defending the survey, because I doubt either would do that to try to pocket me when I had a good chance of being the DK. With celaph and rdrivera no longer in the game, Bonatogether, Kakarroto, and damo are the only remaining dissenters.

I still suspect Chaqa, so that leaves Bonatogether, Kakarroto, damo, and Chaqa as my scum pool.
damo didn't too? I guess my math is off then.

I still don't understand how your pool is just anti-surveys plus chaqa. Your survey still is very bad for town in this game and you don't seem to realize that. Why do you think RD was targeted? Surely not because he was a potential PR with his vanilla claim D1. It seems much more likely mafia is targeting anti-surveys to get rid of those opposing so they get more info about the dog. If my hunch is correct, maf worcej is also trying to smear those who didn't participate which couldn't be hit with the single shot they had. (I can't rule out that worcej is just stupidly wrong here though.)

I can understand that you don't see the dog survey as absolutely flawed and think the benefits outweigh the cost, but thinking the surviving resistance is mafia while all dead resistance was town is just a worldview that town bozo wouldn't have in my opinion. Well maybe I overestimated you, but you writing you don't think worcej would be trying to pocket you as mafia while you are doing mafia a favour is just ... just so ... I want to rip out my hair so stupidly stupid that is. And I think maf bo would be able to do so too, wouldn't cost him much if you turned out to be the day flip.
kak is just town

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1190 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:02 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:04 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:14 pm


How?
Well, you wouldn't get a result from petting that tells you good vs. wild farm animal. I wonder if he's unaware of how the pet works.
True but nai. Best leave worcej be lol.
:sick:

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1191 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:02 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:46 pm
I still think resistance to the survey participation is stupid and any concerns it provides usable information to scum is foolish.
stupid #1 reporting for duty

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1192 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:04 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:23 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:21 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:00 am
I am growing to believe damo is for sure scum - his behavior is more passive than normal and it feels incredibly off from his town meta.

I also believe one of kak or bona is also scum. Primarily due to their insistence on the survey being bad and their lack of contribution regarding it. At a certain point, enough town did it so they should have too.

I pet bozo tonight. I hope he is a good farm animal and not a wild one.
so what about RD? Oh right, he flipped right after you posted that. Coincidence you didn't say a word about him? There were four people who didn't contribute to the survey, one was ejected D2, the second devoured by wolves N2; You not mentioning RD here looks like you knew he wouldn't be alive so it wouldn't matter for the picture you want to paint.

Also, 50% of the resistance group is proven town, there is a good reason why those town resisted. I know now that at least 75% of those are town, so resisting giving this information seems truly to be a good idea and mafia wants to get those anti-survey people out of the game.

Also your pet action doesn't work that way, you only get info if dog or not.

I wish I had a mafia scouter because I'm sure it would show something over 8000 towards you.
I think this is what the mafia would like the town to think.
are you accusing kak?

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1193 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:04 am

lfischl wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:30 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:30 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:57 pm


Mostly because I don't remember why he's locktown, but past me decided he was, and I trust myself.
i think chaqa is probably just reaction testing
In what way?
it's a very off-the-wall claim and it makes interesting reactions

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1194 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:05 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:34 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:45 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:43 pm


why would you think RD would be likely PR, and why would mafia think that?

I don't get your logic, why does a RD target mean that we should focus on lurkers? And any potential lurking PR should change their behaviour? Wouldn't that just point to them and make it easier for mafia to pick them up?

Correct me if I misunderstand you but that sounds awful (well except for more participation, but it seems like you want to goat PR's here).
Well I petted rdr N1 so obviously I thought he might be a the dog lol.

PRs should be active and participate because the mafia is looking for PRs among people who are not actively participating, as the rdr kill in my opinion demonstrates, and you haven’t disputed that. And yes, lurking PRs should change their behavior, and we should kill lurkers because once the PRs wisely stray away from that path the remaining ones include a deep threat.

Why else do you suppose rdr was killed? Your killing anti-survey people makes zero sense, and I am still hoping you’re being sarcastic by supposing the mafia started off their quest to kill anti-survey folks, a goal that would take the entire game and has no stated gain for them, with the least talkative and most apathetic of the anti-survey post as opposed to any of the other ones.

So let’s think through some alternatives:
a) The mafia team is comprised of all the other anti-survey people that are being louder about it than rdrivera! But in that case they killed an ally.
b) The mafia team killed rdrivera because he had one of them pinned in an inescapable corner! But he didn’t have anyone pinned in a corner and wasn’t doing anything.
c) The mafia team killed rdrivera because he was the most dangerous player remaining to them in some hypothetical scenario down the road. What scenario could that be?
d) The mafia team killed rdrivera because they thought he was a PR. You didn’t explain why this doesn’t make sense.
e) (insert your answer here)
I think I like "a".
it's like talking to a brick

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1195 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:05 am

bozo you irritate me

i will use kind words to describe this

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1196 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:06 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:43 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:42 am
i remember why i scumread bozo

irritating
Why is that? Also, can your list your scum pool up to 4?
because your d2 was godawful

i can

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1197 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:07 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:02 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:31 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:56 pm
pot meet kettle?
i killed two townies - what have you done?
Not something to be proud of if you’re town…
it's doing SOMETHING

what have you done?

bozotheclown
Posts: 12913
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1198 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:07 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:04 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:23 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:21 pm


so what about RD? Oh right, he flipped right after you posted that. Coincidence you didn't say a word about him? There were four people who didn't contribute to the survey, one was ejected D2, the second devoured by wolves N2; You not mentioning RD here looks like you knew he wouldn't be alive so it wouldn't matter for the picture you want to paint.

Also, 50% of the resistance group is proven town, there is a good reason why those town resisted. I know now that at least 75% of those are town, so resisting giving this information seems truly to be a good idea and mafia wants to get those anti-survey people out of the game.

Also your pet action doesn't work that way, you only get info if dog or not.

I wish I had a mafia scouter because I'm sure it would show something over 8000 towards you.
I think this is what the mafia would like the town to think.
are you accusing kak?
Yes, he is in my scum pool of 4, and there are 3 mafia.

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1199 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:08 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:07 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:48 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:20 pm


I never said there is no value in the survey. It is just much more hurtful to town than any benefits gained. And starting the survey with the N1 target which disposition you and everyone knows of IS suspicious, you can't go wrong since everyone already knows the role and in case you're mafia you can signal your comrades to pick another save pick.

The second point is very strange and defensive for you to mention, you yourself were saying bona was very openly suspicious and didn't vote him, were you "fishing for townvotes to vote him, setting up a move to his wagon if he gets town votes"? Do you realize most of the time when someone mentions a thing they find suspicious they don't instantly vote that person? I voted you later because you didn't seem to see any reason that came from the 'veto-pet-survey' arguments.



no, you said



but giving up the dogs identity renders it powerless since mafia can just pick the dog up. Maybe you didn't think it through, but I would've judged town bozo to do so.

Thank you for finally acknowledging that I make sense. And of course I'm addressing you as town, it wouldn't make sense addressing you as mafia since mafia wouldn't care or even change their mind at this point. I don't know if you are town or mafia, but if you are mafia the whole discussion between us is moot and irrelevant, but if you are actually town bozo I want to reach you and make you realize how awful (at least I think it's awful, maybe god thread can be the judge of that) that survey is. I don't want to vote you out if you are town, I want to rescue you in that case. But all that resistance before is just strengthening the side of me that fears that you are mafia. Understanding that I come from a point of logic here gives me hope though.



bona tried that some time ago too when he was mafia. I find it hard though to distinguish when he pushes as town compared to when he is mafia. Currently I'm leaning strongly pro town bona



and I can see a mafia team with you and worcej here. What I've learned about the span of the games I played here though is it never is that easy.
kak oozes town
Kak strikes me as someone who can sound town in any alignment. Kak is incredibly skilled in communication and maintains a good reputation so people will read more thoroughly and reflect more on what he says.

That being said - besides Kak’s opinions, I don’t see much else until his recent pushes at me that I am apparently scummy.
why do you feel a need to take a shit on anything that attempts to be constructive

also kak is notably not someone who sounds town as any alignment. your argument has been deemed bogus by snopes

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9822
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: M1023: Mafarmia [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1200 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:09 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:50 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:28 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:58 pm
Usually at least one scum tries to get me mis-killed over an objectionable survey, but maybe all of my voters today are town.
this is an interesting statement - what prompted this @bozo
It was just an observation, I do not remember who was voting for me when I said that.
you can check quite easily with the handy-dandy bot

Post Reply