M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2741 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:48 pm

wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:38 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:19 pm
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:50 pm

like...this just kinda feels informed. the reasons are so hesitant like he won't commit to pushing either of them
this is such a bad faith description - there's no reason i need super confident reads on d2.

if i got them right d2, you'd be claiming it's evidence of TMI and i should be voted anyways
well yes, generally speaking when someone is shading mafia but makes no meaningful effort to pressure them i assume that is a consequence of an informed perspective, wildly enough
exactly - you're just looking to scumread me and getting any possible reason. every post i've ever made is a scumclaim, in your world, and i am incapable of towning. get real

Bonatogether

#2742 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:48 pm

i literally can't win with you

wolfu

#2743 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:49 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:46 pm
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:37 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:11 pm

is it wrong?
it literally avoids taking any sort of definitive stance, yes

it's fancy words dressing up a non-read that is just summarizing play
it's literally not wrong you dumbass.
yes factual summaries tend to not be wrong

my issue is not that it is false it is that i do not get the sense you are attempting to solve sabi in that post, or have ever attempted to solve sabi

wolfu

#2744 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:49 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:48 pm
wolfu wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:19 pm

this is such a bad faith description - there's no reason i need super confident reads on d2.

if i got them right d2, you'd be claiming it's evidence of TMI and i should be voted anyways
well yes, generally speaking when someone is shading mafia but makes no meaningful effort to pressure them i assume that is a consequence of an informed perspective, wildly enough
exactly - you're just looking to scumread me and getting any possible reason. every post i've ever made is a scumclaim, in your world, and i am incapable of towning. get real
just fucking die then you whiny baby

##VOTE Bona

wolfu

#2745 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:50 pm

that's hammer btw

Bonatogether

#2746 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:50 pm

wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:49 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:46 pm
wolfu wrote:

it's literally not wrong you dumbass.
yes factual summaries tend to not be wrong

my issue is not that it is false it is that i do not get the sense you are attempting to solve sabi in that post, or have ever attempted to solve sabi
you keep saying i'm not trying to solve when i've spent literally this entire game doing my shit

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2747 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:52 pm

wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:50 pm
that's hammer btw
hammer is 5 because we still have 8 alive

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2748 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:53 pm

wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:49 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:48 pm
wolfu wrote:

just fucking die then you whiny baby

##VOTE Bona
ouch

tbf bona, wolfu did say that this is exactly how he operates XD

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2749 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:55 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:34 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:12 pm
It is increasingly likely that both scum are among the current voters.
Unless I'm missing another blatantly scumsided mechanic today is not MILO, so holding out votes in order to set up a speed hammer later (which is pretty unreliable on a forum game anyway; who knows if you'll be online when the time comes) would make one obviously suspicious tomorrow after driving a miskill. The better play is to help drive who the wagons are and lead town into making a mistake, which can then be used to raise new suspicions against the town tomorrow. It's an obvious strategy in this scenario - manipulate the votes early, then blend in and remove yourself from tomorrow's conversation about how we fucked this up - and maybe even lead that conversation.

I already made the point that while Bona could have been saved D1 he threw suspicion at a PR claimant that, as scum, he would know was real. Why stick your nose into a sensitive conversation like that knowing that you have a nightkill (which, notably, was not used on darg - that kind of reinforces this point, because if Bona wanted this to be an obvious towntell that he manufactured and could lean on later he would have planned on killing the PR) and a day shot? I don't think looking like he was saved EoD1 overrules his own actions at EoD1. If it does to you you need to justify that approach.

I really do not think Besharam is scum. I don't expect emotional outbursts from scum. I don't really expect them from town either to be fair, but Besharam seems like a player that got way too into the game and rightly backed off once things got out of hand.

Basic POE in this pool leaves damo and rdrivera, who are both generally flying under the radar. Rdrivera somehow denying he is lurking while barely posting more than someone who subbed into the game D2 and hasn't posted since N2 is hilarious. Looking like you are analyzing the game is very easy when you're scum because you know all the answers, and strongly townreading your partner with such empty confidence like "if Damo flips scum I will have to analyze the game again" rubs me the wrong way. Maybe trying to inject emotion into a computer screen is not your style, but it's exactly mine and this smells like bullshit.

Regardless we need a third wagon. Letting four people determine in the first two hours of the day who we are killing today is stupid. Similarly, we should stop holding out votes out. Wolfu obviously feels strongly about Besharam and should place a vote there. I obviously feel like rdrivera is scum and should place a vote there. The mechanics of voting in this game are scaring me out of voting and I'm probably not the only one, but those mechanics are letting scum drive things and I'm more scared of that than I am of allowing a speed hammer when it really makes no sense to plan for one anyway.

##VOTE rdrivera
The lurking thing annoys me because I am never a big poster and this game I have been around every EOD (the time is better to me) and have been giving my thoughts and interacting whenever possible. You have more posts but you said you don't understand mechanics and that you didn't know why voting Demon yesterday was a bad move. Another inconsistency on your play, because you sat the mechanics of voting scares you but you didn't seem scared last day when you gave Demon what he wanted.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2750 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:58 pm

wolfu wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:11 pm
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:48 pm

this is such an awful read
is it wrong?

Do I need to point out that I bickered at you for doing this exact same thing on D1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2751 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:59 pm

wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:50 pm
that's hammer btw
Why are you attempting to hammer the day?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2752 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:59 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:19 pm
Bona voting for a PR claimant at EOD1 when there is no chance of him getting flipped that he has no reason not to believe if he is mafia is a serious towntell, but it's one that could have been cleverly manufactured. The people voting Bona should be aware of this and have some evidence that it is manufactured if they intend to justify that vote imo.
I don't understand that vote either as town or scum. The usual move here as either alignment was to vote his counterwagon as no one would suspect it. The only explanation is all the scumteam was already voting Worcej, which will point to you or Pyxxy.
If you think that pyxxy and I are scum together then you should be voting for pyxxy or myself, but you've been sitting on Bona all day.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2753 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:00 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:55 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:12 pm
It is increasingly likely that both scum are among the current voters.
Unless I'm missing another blatantly scumsided mechanic today is not MILO, so holding out votes in order to set up a speed hammer later (which is pretty unreliable on a forum game anyway; who knows if you'll be online when the time comes) would make one obviously suspicious tomorrow after driving a miskill. The better play is to help drive who the wagons are and lead town into making a mistake, which can then be used to raise new suspicions against the town tomorrow. It's an obvious strategy in this scenario - manipulate the votes early, then blend in and remove yourself from tomorrow's conversation about how we fucked this up - and maybe even lead that conversation.

I already made the point that while Bona could have been saved D1 he threw suspicion at a PR claimant that, as scum, he would know was real. Why stick your nose into a sensitive conversation like that knowing that you have a nightkill (which, notably, was not used on darg - that kind of reinforces this point, because if Bona wanted this to be an obvious towntell that he manufactured and could lean on later he would have planned on killing the PR) and a day shot? I don't think looking like he was saved EoD1 overrules his own actions at EoD1. If it does to you you need to justify that approach.

I really do not think Besharam is scum. I don't expect emotional outbursts from scum. I don't really expect them from town either to be fair, but Besharam seems like a player that got way too into the game and rightly backed off once things got out of hand.

Basic POE in this pool leaves damo and rdrivera, who are both generally flying under the radar. Rdrivera somehow denying he is lurking while barely posting more than someone who subbed into the game D2 and hasn't posted since N2 is hilarious. Looking like you are analyzing the game is very easy when you're scum because you know all the answers, and strongly townreading your partner with such empty confidence like "if Damo flips scum I will have to analyze the game again" rubs me the wrong way. Maybe trying to inject emotion into a computer screen is not your style, but it's exactly mine and this smells like bullshit.

Regardless we need a third wagon. Letting four people determine in the first two hours of the day who we are killing today is stupid. Similarly, we should stop holding out votes out. Wolfu obviously feels strongly about Besharam and should place a vote there. I obviously feel like rdrivera is scum and should place a vote there. The mechanics of voting in this game are scaring me out of voting and I'm probably not the only one, but those mechanics are letting scum drive things and I'm more scared of that than I am of allowing a speed hammer when it really makes no sense to plan for one anyway.

##VOTE rdrivera
The lurking thing annoys me because I am never a big poster and this game I have been around every EOD (the time is better to me) and have been giving my thoughts and interacting whenever possible. You have more posts but you said you don't understand mechanics and that you didn't know why voting Demon yesterday was a bad move. Another inconsistency on your play, because you sat the mechanics of voting scares you but you didn't seem scared last day when you gave Demon what he wanted.
Are whataboutisms really your best effort?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2754 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:02 pm

You easily could have just pointed out that I didn't actually give any cogent reason for voting for you, or ask why I'm leaning you over damo... but you chose deflection.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2755 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:59 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:19 pm
Bona voting for a PR claimant at EOD1 when there is no chance of him getting flipped that he has no reason not to believe if he is mafia is a serious towntell, but it's one that could have been cleverly manufactured. The people voting Bona should be aware of this and have some evidence that it is manufactured if they intend to justify that vote imo.
I don't understand that vote either as town or scum. The usual move here as either alignment was to vote his counterwagon as no one would suspect it. The only explanation is all the scumteam was already voting Worcej, which will point to you or Pyxxy.
If you think that pyxxy and I are scum together then you should be voting for pyxxy or myself, but you've been sitting on Bona all day.
No, what I was saying is that scum Bona could have avoided Worcej wagon because all his three partners are already there: Demon, Runi and one of you or Pixxy. But I was wrong because your vote was after Bona's, you were voting me before. So, I am back at Bona's vote making no sense.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2756 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:00 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:55 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:

##VOTE rdrivera
Are whataboutisms really your best effort?
What is whataboutisms?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2757 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:08 pm

The attention is on me, but what about YOU

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2758 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:09 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:59 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

No, what I was saying is that scum Bona could have avoided Worcej wagon because all his three partners are already there: Demon, Runi and one of you or Pixxy. But I was wrong because your vote was after Bona's, you were voting me before. So, I am back at Bona's vote making no sense.
My vote was solely to ensure there was no tie. It was a 2 vote margin at the time, and had Rumi unvoted without me making that move it would have been a single vote margin.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2759 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:09 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:02 pm
You easily could have just pointed out that I didn't actually give any cogent reason for voting for you, or ask why I'm leaning you over damo... but you chose deflection.
You are voting me since D1 and that I am your POE with Damo and you said you want a third wagon, seems a bit obvious why you are voting me. I think pointing why you shouldn't have Bona out of your POE is more productive.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2760 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:10 pm

I am not going to bother looking but I am pretty sure I explicitly said that I didn't like any of the primary wagons, which is why I wanted one on a suspicious lurker such as yourself.