M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2701 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:27 pm

i'm just gonna say it


i still think sabi is mafia

i don't think them having emotional outbursts is town indicative. they're capable of faking that as scum

i think rdr and bo have towntold reasonable amounts and i kind of just don't think the afk is mafia

i think their argument with demon day 2 looks all the world like scum distancing to me


really for me the question is whether damo or bona is their partner...and i kiiind of think bona makes sense? would be highly theatrical but it makes sense if mafia bona decided to jump on my nuts because i was suspecting sabi

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2702 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:40 pm

yes sabi asked to be first to vote demon but then they voted demon anyway when demon wouldn't unvote

not like they were nonstop fighting for her to do it

so i would mark the whole thing as performative

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2662
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2703 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:58 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:43 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:28 pm
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:27 pm

i mean i was going to assess the claim from demon except rumi got herself modkilled and then i went afk to work and when i came back the day had been hammered
My real question is what did you intend to do to get Besharam flipped if all the stupidity that happened didn't happen
probably post a bunch about how they're mafia and repeat it until i was able to hammer my point home or people got sick of me and voted me to get me to shut up. idk i can be very annoying about a read when i want to be
This sounds wildly unproductive

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2662
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2704 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:00 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:53 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:25 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:55 pm
bo and the rest of y'all made some good points

If bo's being honest about asking to be subbed out, I think that basically eliminates Ike as a reasonable DK, because he would have gotten subbed out before bo.

He also made good points about who could feasibly be the lurker.

So right now I would put 1 scum lurking inside {Ike, rdr, bo}, but I'm feeling like Ike is truly afk town and bo just did some solid analysis so that kinda just leaves rdr on my radar. That's all I'll write about the lurker though.
I didn't push hard to be subbed out and when Chaqa gave me a death stare matched only by my momma I just let it go. For whatever that's worth

I don't think we can reasonably read anything into Ike other than that he is absent. But his night 2 interactions with RHK caught my eye in the brief amount of time I spent rereading him. It was odd. Reread it and tell me what you think? Here's the bot but context obviously makes things better so it's pages 99 and 100. http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... gingIke297
Sorry in my wallpost I mentioned this because I thought you thought Bona and Demon were being suspicious. I was just focused on Bona, ignore it. I'll read this now...

This Ike Demon interaction is like fresh snow. All fluff. And then it just sorta ends because Ike has to go.

Idk. I might be willing to interpret this as Demon attempting to chat up a townie so that he looked active during the night. But I guess that goes both ways i.e. scum chatting up scum so both look active and not busy in scum chat.
I was pretty ready to conclude the former. This seems like an excessively dumb interaction to have with your teammate right after they sub in, innocent as it seemed.
1

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2705 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm

this is the stuff i am talking about with sabi and demon on day 2:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:17 pm
Demon why am I your highest tr when I'm not playing like myself at all
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:24 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:21 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:17 pm
Demon why am I your highest tr when I'm not playing like myself at all
1) I don't think I've ever seen your scum game.
2) You did NOT repeatedly attempt to tie the DK and dent town info D1.
3) You did NOT publicly claim your PR reads at night.
4) You did NOT encourage a CC into a (99^ chance) active shooter D2.
1) uh these were my two Rands at mafia on webdip (not going to link the non webdip ones because they were horrible) http://mafia.peterlund.se/m1021/game_status.html http://mafia.peterlund.se/m71/game_status.html

2) I wasn't there at eod because ejob interview

3) I did claim trying to do inventor cover during sod2

4) I kinda did by doubting dargo
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:40 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:27 pm
Ok, let me approach this from a different angle:

Are you 100% NEITHER of your friends are scum?

This Sentai Bloc is a dangerous amount of buddying and possible pocketing from where I sit.
Have neon and I buddied and pocketed each other this game? She has been sr and questioning my slot.

I feel like you're grossly over exaggerating the dynamics.

Anyway I'm not sure on wolfu slot but he's not scummier than bozo atp
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:41 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:31 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:24 pm


1) uh these were my two Rands at mafia on webdip (not going to link the non webdip ones because they were horrible) http://mafia.peterlund.se/m1021/game_status.html http://mafia.peterlund.se/m71/game_status.html

2) I wasn't there at eod because ejob interview

3) I did claim trying to do inventor cover during sod2

4) I kinda did by doubting dargo
Also why are you refuting points wby trying to make yourself look worse? At best that translates to a poor shield of a scummate in my experience.
I am just saying that your reasons to have me as highest tr don't make sense in terms of my game play.

I'm not shielding anyone. I just don't know how you got to that read on me.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:49 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:47 pm
You're the highest townread out of the three of you.

Vote manipulation and repeated attempts to tie at EoD is scummy.

Trying to get PR fuckin whacked? Pretty scummy. Not paying enough attention to the game to remember a player that you have **spoken to** is in your reads list instead of some lazy copy and paste from the setup post? Yea scummy.

You got offended and ask 'why you had to be given a pass' like 5 pages ago.

Now you're trying to play wounded gazelle to save without even entertaining the fact there may be scum here.
Demon, you were gm last game. You saw mafia neon. If you can't tell the difference between the two then I can't help you
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:09 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:55 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:49 pm


Demon, you were gm last game. You saw mafia neon. If you can't tell the difference between the two then I can't help you
I didn't see much of anything. Both players you grought in ghosted and bailed on the game.
Not an answer. She was in there till n2
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:25 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:15 pm
Wait, why are we even arguing about this?

You're using Neon to surrogate argue for wolfu.

What the actual fuck?
I'm not.

I'm literally saying that neon is town.

Does your arm hurt from reaching
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:45 pm
What is everyone's thots on demon
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:12 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:08 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:00 pm


I just don't know what he is trying to do
What I am trying to do?!

I'm trying to scumhunt and make points, and your rebuttal to my vote is a strawman and 'nuh-uh we have the powa of frwendship'!
I'm friends with most of the people here so I dont get this argument.

Anyway demon, why is Rumi feeling like this about you? You haven't answered her.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:34 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:19 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:12 pm


I'm friends with most of the people here so I dont get this argument.

Anyway demon, why is Rumi feeling like this about you? You haven't answered her.
Oh that's easy.

Unlike what I jokingly said about Rumi earlier.

I am a sociopath.

And Rumi has never seen me full on agressive. I've toned it well back.

I said, post one, this game was going to be me at full kaio-krellin.

I am going to be what is most likely my worst possible self.

And when I see scum, I persue it relentlessly. Shit, there was a game I had to curse the entire game thread up and down for 72 hours to get exposed scum HR killed.
OK fair.

I rather we not go aggresso.

Be calm. People listen to calmness more.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:35 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:25 pm
If any one of you tells me that "Dayvig shooting a PR' is a towny point of view I will switch my vote to SwingTheSubs, and dip until D3, if I don't get DKd on NKd by that point.
It's pretty normal pov.

Mafia dayvig either target pr or town leaders

Who else would a dayvig target?
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:41 pm
wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:38 pm
sabi's posting right now feels scummy
Because I'm annoyed at demon throwing up garbage in the thread.

Bozo is being a weird shell of himself.

Bona, he just exists.

Rumi, I feel bad for.

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2706 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:06 pm

that's a lot of arguing, you might say. so what's the problem with it? it's this:

despite disagreeing with demon on a number of points, that his town read on them didn't really make sense, and accusing him of reaching with his read on neon, sabi never really goes after or pressures demon. in the end they just seem muted on him and talk about him throwing up garbage in the thread but there is NEVER a stated read there

to me it looks like sabi is not interested, in any point, at solving demon's alignment. their argument looks theatrical to me, and given how demon was starting pointless fights with rumi as theater i don't think it's too far fetched to believe the arguments with sabi were in a similar vein

BesharamSabi
Posts: 3442
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 5050

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2707 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:11 pm

Lol cool.

I really don't have time today to fight this. I have an interview at 3:30 pm central time so I'm going to miss all of eod.

So you have me right now to ask questions

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2662
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2708 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:12 pm

It is increasingly likely that both scum are among the current voters.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2662
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2709 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:13 pm

I am also confident that if Bona is scum wolfu is not.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2662
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2710 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Also very good likelihood Bona was saved D1, as others have noted

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2662
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2711 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:16 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:58 pm
I will not switch to Bonatogether over worcej.
fine. I'll tiebreak x.x
##vote worcej
Particularly by Rumi, as this vote was not mechanically a tiebreaker. Mine following was.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2662
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2712 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:19 pm

Bona voting for a PR claimant at EOD1 when there is no chance of him getting flipped that he has no reason not to believe if he is mafia is a serious towntell, but it's one that could have been cleverly manufactured. The people voting Bona should be aware of this and have some evidence that it is manufactured if they intend to justify that vote imo.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 933

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2713 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:27 pm

woke up, caught up, still thinking, but leaning bona

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2662
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2714 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:34 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:12 pm
It is increasingly likely that both scum are among the current voters.
Unless I'm missing another blatantly scumsided mechanic today is not MILO, so holding out votes in order to set up a speed hammer later (which is pretty unreliable on a forum game anyway; who knows if you'll be online when the time comes) would make one obviously suspicious tomorrow after driving a miskill. The better play is to help drive who the wagons are and lead town into making a mistake, which can then be used to raise new suspicions against the town tomorrow. It's an obvious strategy in this scenario - manipulate the votes early, then blend in and remove yourself from tomorrow's conversation about how we fucked this up - and maybe even lead that conversation.

I already made the point that while Bona could have been saved D1 he threw suspicion at a PR claimant that, as scum, he would know was real. Why stick your nose into a sensitive conversation like that knowing that you have a nightkill (which, notably, was not used on darg - that kind of reinforces this point, because if Bona wanted this to be an obvious towntell that he manufactured and could lean on later he would have planned on killing the PR) and a day shot? I don't think looking like he was saved EoD1 overrules his own actions at EoD1. If it does to you you need to justify that approach.

I really do not think Besharam is scum. I don't expect emotional outbursts from scum. I don't really expect them from town either to be fair, but Besharam seems like a player that got way too into the game and rightly backed off once things got out of hand.

Basic POE in this pool leaves damo and rdrivera, who are both generally flying under the radar. Rdrivera somehow denying he is lurking while barely posting more than someone who subbed into the game D2 and hasn't posted since N2 is hilarious. Looking like you are analyzing the game is very easy when you're scum because you know all the answers, and strongly townreading your partner with such empty confidence like "if Damo flips scum I will have to analyze the game again" rubs me the wrong way. Maybe trying to inject emotion into a computer screen is not your style, but it's exactly mine and this smells like bullshit.

Regardless we need a third wagon. Letting four people determine in the first two hours of the day who we are killing today is stupid. Similarly, we should stop holding out votes out. Wolfu obviously feels strongly about Besharam and should place a vote there. I obviously feel like rdrivera is scum and should place a vote there. The mechanics of voting in this game are scaring me out of voting and I'm probably not the only one, but those mechanics are letting scum drive things and I'm more scared of that than I am of allowing a speed hammer when it really makes no sense to plan for one anyway.

##VOTE rdrivera

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2662
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2715 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:35 pm

I'll add that while I don't think Besharam is scum, going from top poster to bottom poster is the wrong trend.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 933

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2716 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:35 pm
I'll add that while I don't think Besharam is scum, going from top poster to bottom poster is the wrong trend.
All their friends are dead :cry:

Except...me and Bona are still alive. :?

Sabi didn't really acknowledge the question I asked about who they would vote if Bona flips scum.

The problem is I do still believe they're just busy and done with the game. Trying to get Neon not to suicide-by-vengeful would have to be such a ballsy scum play. Idk.

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2717 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:41 pm

in particular demon's whole spiel about "there is pocketing going on here" wrt me/sabi/neon was totally disconnected from reality but sabi doesn't seem that concerned with it

seems more like an intentional attempt to distance than anything, i've done similar before

hope being i think him flipping scum would make us townread sabi

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2718 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:47 pm

realistically i see two worlds:

1. sabi has been lolbussing damo since the early game and now considers him basically outed and is just going for that. Riot pointed out sabi's conclusions on damo early in the game didn't really make sense at all, damo's 180 on demon is really weird, i think a scumteam would probably want to distance from damo

2. sabi is trying to shield bona and go for the win. unlike damo sabi didn't really push bona, they did on day 1 but for non-viable reasons and then they backed off and were fencesitty with their read and were all too happy to follow me on calling bona town. this is in addition to two now confirmed scum tryin to save bona at the end of day 1 where i wouldn't see why they'd have reason to switch off

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2719 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:48 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:23 am
BesharamSabi - white knighting their new people again. seriously detracts from any attempt to read wolfu. too tired atm to say something smart but i feel like the repeated attempts to dismiss people questioning wolfu just looks bad but because it's sabi, who knows about alignment.
this is such an awful read

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2720 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:50 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:23 am
DemonRHK - didn't really do a lot? rereading his d1, not sure what he thought. voted me when i said that most of the game was on vanity wagons - easy jump? nearly ended there but switched off onto worcej.
Rumi Tobari - feels similar. i have no idea how they'd play scum so it's hard for me to make a distinction - admittedly no towny pureness like last game, but it's very hard to do that on game 2, so a topic of thought.
like...this just kinda feels informed. the reasons are so hesitant like he won't commit to pushing either of them

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BunnyGo and 2 guests