M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 933

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2681 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:56 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:38 pm
So, the main point to make some analysis is D1 and for me there is a reasonable chance that Bona was saved. Both Demon and Rumi jumping into Worcej and Rumi later unvoting is a real red point I can't just ignore. I don't think it's just a coincidence that both scum decided to jump into Bona´s counterwagon. Another point from looking this EOD is that I don't think Wolfu could be scum with Bona as he tried to start a wagon on me instead of pushing Worcej that was a more obvious counterwagon.
I feel like my inexperience is killing me here, I still have no feel for seeing vote movement stuff like this :/

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6456
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2407

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2682 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:04 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:51 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:42 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:08 pm


Actually maybe this is just a good question for everyone to answer.

If Bona flips town, your next vote(s) would be:
If Bona flips scum, your next vote(s) would be:

For me, if Bona is town, then I would feel like I've been played by damo, and would vote damo.

If Bona is scum, then I would feel like I've been played by Bona, and would kick his corpse >:( but I wouldn't have a great next vote. I would want to see the NK first (if I'm not it).

Maybe I would have to reconsider Sabi at that point because of them insta-voting damo at the SOD. Respect to Bona for at least holding his vote a little, although maybe it's just OMGUS between the two of them.
If Bona flips scum I would look into one of the lurking people: Bo and Ike (you can include me, but I don't think I am lurking).
If Bona flip town I will be completely wrong and would need to re-read a lot to get what's happening. Sabi will keep screaming at me and we will be screwed anyway.

If Damo flips town I will be pissed and will keep pushing Bona.
If Damo flips scum I will have to analyze the game again and I will need to re-read Wolfu.
ty rdr!

Can you clarify, if damo flips scum, you would be suspicious of wolfu as the last scum?

If yes, then you actually align with Bona's opinions here. Just an observation for you to consider.
I Damo flips scum I will put Wolfu on the suspects list and will have to re-read him, but I will stil look at Bo and Ike. I don't think Wolfu can be scum with Bona.

To be honest, Bo's posts today made me feel he is less likely to be scum.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6456
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2407

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2683 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:08 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:56 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:38 pm
So, the main point to make some analysis is D1 and for me there is a reasonable chance that Bona was saved. Both Demon and Rumi jumping into Worcej and Rumi later unvoting is a real red point I can't just ignore. I don't think it's just a coincidence that both scum decided to jump into Bona´s counterwagon. Another point from looking this EOD is that I don't think Wolfu could be scum with Bona as he tried to start a wagon on me instead of pushing Worcej that was a more obvious counterwagon.
I feel like my inexperience is killing me here, I still have no feel for seeing vote movement stuff like this :/
Do you think it's just a coincidence and that both known scum decided to jump into a wagon last minute when both leading wagons were town?
If it was two experienced players doing this I would think it's too obvious, but Rumi following Demon and then unvoting seems so obvious noob scum saving a partner I can't let it pass.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 933

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2684 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:22 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:08 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:56 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:38 pm
So, the main point to make some analysis is D1 and for me there is a reasonable chance that Bona was saved. Both Demon and Rumi jumping into Worcej and Rumi later unvoting is a real red point I can't just ignore. I don't think it's just a coincidence that both scum decided to jump into Bona´s counterwagon. Another point from looking this EOD is that I don't think Wolfu could be scum with Bona as he tried to start a wagon on me instead of pushing Worcej that was a more obvious counterwagon.
I feel like my inexperience is killing me here, I still have no feel for seeing vote movement stuff like this :/
Do you think it's just a coincidence and that both known scum decided to jump into a wagon last minute when both leading wagons were town?
If it was two experienced players doing this I would think it's too obvious, but Rumi following Demon and then unvoting seems so obvious noob scum saving a partner I can't let it pass.
No I'm just saying what I said, I still haven't grasped how to properly do the discovery part of VCA and this would also be my first game with a noob scum (as opposed to new-to-webdip-but-experienced scummates as was M75) so I'm stuck relying on everyone else. Which is why I'm overcompensating with other analysis to feel helpful :/

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 933

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2685 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:24 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:22 pm
Convince me not to vote for damo
It kinda seems like you need to be doing more convincing of other people to vote damo.

Obviously if Bona flips town you'll get voting damo.

But what if Bona flips scum?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 933

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2686 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:32 pm

Last thought before I go back to work. Might be a bad one. I get the feeling that there can't be more than 1 scum in the non-voters: myself, wolfu, bo, Ike

Because if there were two scum not voting, why not just put both wagons at 3, force a town to push one over the edge, and then blame them for the resulting town flip? EZClap
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6456
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2407

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2687 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:42 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:32 pm
Last thought before I go back to work. Might be a bad one. I get the feeling that there can't be more than 1 scum in the non-voters: myself, wolfu, bo, Ike

Because if there were two scum not voting, why not just put both wagons at 3, force a town to push one over the edge, and then blame them for the resulting town flip? EZClap
I won't include Ike as he is not playing. But I don't think there is more then 1 scum between you, Wolfu and Bo. But if Bona and Damo are both town, this game is already over.
1

damo666
Posts: 12285
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4256

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2688 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:57 pm

@pyxxy

if Bona flips scum then I prob vote Ike or Bo [that order of pref at mo]
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5782
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3434
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2689 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:21 am

not going to be online a huge amount until perhaps an hour before eod, even then, might have to make dinner

Bonatogether
Posts: 5782
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3434
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2690 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:16 am

im tired

damo666
Posts: 12285
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4256

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2691 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:21 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:16 am
im tired
I'm not

Bonatogether
Posts: 5782
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3434
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2692 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:27 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:21 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:16 am
im tired
I'm not
glad we could resolve that
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9766
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 6774

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2693 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:16 pm

Day 4 Vote Count 1
damo666 (2): BesharamSabi, Bonatogether
Bonatogether (2): damo666, rdrivera2005

Bo, Wolfu, Ike, and pyxxy must vote.

Day ends in ~8.75 hours
3

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2694 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:27 pm

here to catch up and hopefully come to some sort of a decision

BesharamSabi
Posts: 3443
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 5052

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2695 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:07 pm

Going to be pretty afk starting later today till Sunday because of weasel Moot.

I will be spending whatever time I have reading so apologies if I post less.
1

damo666
Posts: 12285
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4256

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2696 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:09 pm

@pyxxy and @wolfu you should be on the same wagon* else it will be too easy for scum to tie or mk me.

* Bona obviously

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2697 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:14 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:47 pm
(ed. note: SOMEONE HELP ME HERE. This is weird. Bona quotes Demon once on D1 and then never quotes him again until D3. I'm pretty sure I'm right about this, searched through the daily ISOs. Someone tell me if this is TAI NAI or SAI for scum to ignore scum.)
it used to be a pretty reliable tell for scum to ignore/talk about their partners way less than they did toward other players. i've had much less success applying it in games recently as players are more careful about it and usually th player who interacts less end up being a disconnected townie. but it's sort of entirely dependent on the experience level of the players. i've seen someone catch scum in f3 recently by using this method but i wouldn't apply it blindly.

a lot of this game has been very...disjointed so some people haven't interacted much and i don't know if it means anything
1

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2698 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:15 pm

i do kind of think bluntly sayign demon looks bad when they were both voting me and not interacting at all is very ???. bona claims demon had no reason but he clearly did have reasons, they were just bad made up scum ones

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2699 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:19 pm

i think rdrivera is basically always town. just buy that he's legitimately scumhunting here

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2700 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:20 pm

bona's attempts at vote analysis on damo ultimately feel kind of half baked
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests