MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Rumi Tobari

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#6421 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:17 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:14 pm
@bo, I want you on a vanity wagon.

Also, someone on celaph needs to drop their end vote ASAP.
On it. ##unend

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6422 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:19 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:17 pm
ghug wrote:

On it. ##unend
Thanks.

I think we can probably rule out a bo/rivera team.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6423 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:23 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:44 pm
I expect Chaqa to have it given celaph was the chosen counterclaim, so he should be voting for celaph.

Presumably you somehow don’t scumread Chaqa right now given you think the remaining mafia is bussing, so you either think worcej or, still playing reactively, I am the last one? Feel free to miss once, but don’t miss Chaqa twice.
I don't know at this point. I thought Chaqa voted Celaph, but he is voting you which is a bizarre choice.
I expect Chaqa to bus hard if he is scum with Celaph based in his past games but maybe he saw that's no way to win if Celaph is the bus driver with 2x tag. At this point I think it's between Chaqa, you and Worcej the last one, probably in this order.

celaph

#6424 Post by celaph » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:26 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:00 pm
I find it very telling that celaph has chosen to focus on the early game rather than details surrounding the claims.
Say more about what you think. I think there was partly a bias there because I wanted to get to sleep. I think there is more to be said about rdr's view of Vecna on D4 for example. At the same time, I get the feeling that your bigger concern is about the timing of my claim which should get it's own post, not as tacked onto the end of my post about rdr.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6425 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:19 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:17 pm
ghug wrote:

On it. ##unend
Thanks.

I think we can probably rule out a bo/rivera team.
You can rule out a rivera/anyone scum team.

Anyway, if Celaph have the 2x tag as I think, we will be 5 x 1 tomorrow (not counting with Doc), with 2 clears, which give us two shots to win (at least), even with 0 vote on a town, which is a good prospect.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6426 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:33 pm

@Celaph- I won't address your big walls because you are caught scum and it's a sunny weekend here.

But I want to address my read on Damo. I said I townread Damo because of personal reasons. This is because in his meta post he said I wasn't VT. He did exactly the same thing last game I was PR and he was town. I really hope he stops doing this or I will have to just start to claim 100% vanilla town at start of any game.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6427 Post by Chaqa » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:12 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:57 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:40 pm

Wtf
I don't want to get shit on by bo anymore for thinking he's scum, I'm checked out until new info happens.
Why are you listening to Bona and not me, though?
Voting bloc

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6428 Post by Chaqa » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:40 pm

I think celaph is scum, but I don't think he's the bus driver. I suspect it's bo.

If it isn't bo, it's gotta be worcej, but I have a feeling you'll paranoia kill me before him. Hopefully the math works out

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6429 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:40 pm

celaph wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:26 pm
ghug wrote:
I find it very telling that celaph has chosen to focus on the early game rather than details surrounding the claims.
Say more about what you think. I think there was partly a bias there because I wanted to get to sleep. I think there is more to be said about rdr's view of Vecna on D4 for example. At the same time, I get the feeling that your bigger concern is about the timing of my claim which should get it's own post, not as tacked onto the end of my post about rdr.
I don't really care to see you argue about who was more townie throughout the early game. You've already won that point in my mind, and debating it now just gives us a lot to read and will come down to who's trying harder, which doesn't have anything to do with alignment. What's more relevant to me now is all of the claim-related points against you:
  • You've demonstrated that you thought through the fact that scum has a good chance of winning if they get a miskill today, which gives plausible reason for you to have counterclaim. You've also refused to vote for yourself if we do elect to go for you, which is not a townie position, as we can still plausibly save ourselves with the doctor if we do get it wrong, and your not voting for yourself would simply force someone else to, which limits town's information and lowers the chances of the doc succeeding.
  • rd claimed at night, when Eden and I were still potential bleeders, which would have meant instant death for no gain.
  • You refused to peek when we told you to, and then offered a lazy and incorrect argument for why the info today was more valuable, but made no attempt to actually utilize the info.
  • You're now choosing to spend the day churning out high quantities of analysis on previous days to distract from the discussion about your recent actions.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6430 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:42 pm

##VOTE celaph

I'm comfortable ending once bo moves to a vanity wagon.

celaph

#6431 Post by celaph » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:46 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:49 pm
I feel pretty confident celaph is the scum here. The delays in peek, the peek result he claimed, and CC screams a panicked scum trying to sow confusion. I don’t see the towny nature for why he would wait to CC as bleeder and miss EoN to peek.
I waited to claim bleeder because I did not think rdr would. In my experience, people softing PR tend to be VT trying to bait kills. If I can wait and let a VT whose not widely townread eat a NK, that's immensely valuable.

As for peeking, I wanted to solve the gamestate now to get info where the vote tags were moving and thought that we'd have ghug, rdr, and my peeks to do that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6432 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:48 pm

celaph wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:46 pm
worcej wrote:
I feel pretty confident celaph is the scum here. The delays in peek, the peek result he claimed, and CC screams a panicked scum trying to sow confusion. I don’t see the towny nature for why he would wait to CC as bleeder and miss EoN to peek.
I waited to claim bleeder because I did not think rdr would. In my experience, people softing PR tend to be VT trying to bait kills. If I can wait and let a VT whose not widely townread eat a NK, that's immensely valuable.

As for peeking, I wanted to solve the gamestate now to get info where the vote tags were moving and thought that we'd have ghug, rdr, and my peeks to do that.
You thought I'd peek during the day?

celaph

#6433 Post by celaph » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:08 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:40 pm
celaph wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:26 pm
ghug wrote:
I don't really care to see you argue about who was more townie throughout the early game. You've already won that point in my mind, and debating it now just gives us a lot to read and will come down to who's trying harder, which doesn't have anything to do with alignment. What's more relevant to me now is all of the claim-related points against you:
  • You've demonstrated that you thought through the fact that scum has a good chance of winning if they get a miskill today, which gives plausible reason for you to have counterclaim. You've also refused to vote for yourself if we do elect to go for you, which is not a townie position, as we can still plausibly save ourselves with the doctor if we do get it wrong, and your not voting for yourself would simply force someone else to, which limits town's information and lowers the chances of the doc succeeding.
  • rd claimed at night, when Eden and I were still potential bleeders, which would have meant instant death for no gain.
  • You refused to peek when we told you to, and then offered a lazy and incorrect argument for why the info today was more valuable, but made no attempt to actually utilize the info.
  • You're now choosing to spend the day churning out high quantities of analysis on previous days to distract from the discussion about your recent actions.
Don't scum just kill Bona to stop the swap?

I think you and worcej have already pointed out why my delay on claiming was bad. Happy to talk more about my thought process there, but I didn't think that is where my time was best spent.

celaph

#6434 Post by celaph » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:12 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:48 pm
celaph wrote:
worcej wrote:

I remember thinking that last night, though that's obviously a bad proposition because you'd die. Though I did find it more valuable to have info now instead of last night. Think I should get more sleep for the time being.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6435 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:13 pm

celaph wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:12 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:48 pm
celaph wrote:

I remember thinking that last night, though that's obviously a bad proposition because you'd die. Though I did find it more valuable to have info now instead of last night. Think I should get more sleep for the time being.
Maybe you thought it last night because you knew you weren't killing me.

Bonatogether

#6436 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:20 pm

who and who isn't the bus driver doesn't matter now. assume celaph has the two-vote: it dies with him. assume the bus driver has the two-vote: he HAS to trade it away to town, and then pray to god he can get it back the day after, assuming he lives.

Bonatogether

#6437 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:22 pm

im also just gonna ditch celaph's wallposts cause they're just ignoring the point and not likely to spew anything.

Bonatogether

#6438 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:27 pm

next scum is clearly in chaqa/bo/worcej

i think we have time to kill two of them, and i think that's pretty good for us

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6439 Post by Chaqa » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:50 pm

I forgot the driver has to act. That's a good reason not to find them today.

Do you want me on celaph or self-voting?

Bonatogether

#6440 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:51 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:50 pm
I forgot the driver has to act. That's a good reason not to find them today.

Do you want me on celaph or self-voting?
probably self voting