MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DeathLlama8

Re: MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

#361 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 pm

wait no we literally have one miskill left, it's 2 maf - 5 town right now

damo666

#362 Post by damo666 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:01 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:55 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:41 am
##unvote

looking at D1 votes why would scumManiac move from townSabi to townYoak with 2 minutes to go when it was gonna make no difference.

I am forced to conclude Maniac is town.
- Why wouldn't scum maniac move from town Sabi to town Yoak if it wasn't going to make a difference? He gets to solidify a Yoak miskill while apparently getting some towncred
- How were you so adamant about killing Maniac EOD2->N2 when you hadn't fully reread Maniac?
1. How is it getting townread?

2. Because I had a false epiphany

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#363 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:03 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:05 pm
I get that it's a weekend but we really need to step it up this phase - we only have two miskills left

also it has now been three days since the last brad sighting
I don't think we have two miskills unless we count on our PRs which is too risky.

Brad has 6 messages all game long, this is a big problem.

@Call GM - Have you considered subbing Brad for inactivity?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#364 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:03 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 pm
wait no we literally have one miskill left, it's 2 maf - 5 town right now
Yep.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#365 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:11 pm

Right now the lack of info is the biggest problem. Day 1 was TxTxT (for me, for you it was TxTx?) and the only possible scum wagon was Kak and I don't think he is scum.
D2 was a runaway wagon on Sabi, so scum could have voted anywhere and on almost any pattern (it would surprise me if both scum ended on Sabi yesterday, but it isn't impossible).
I keep flip floping on Damo and Maniac and llama is also flying under the radar.

Jamiet99uk

#366 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:14 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:03 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
I get that it's a weekend but we really need to step it up this phase - we only have two miskills left

I don't think we have two miskills unless we count on our PRs which is too risky.

GM NOTE

Brad met the posting requirements D1 and (barely) met them on D2.

I have sent him a nudge.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

DeathLlama8

#367 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:55 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:01 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:41 am
##unvote

looking at D1 votes why would scumManiac move from townSabi to townYoak with 2 minutes to go when it was gonna make no difference.

I am forced to conclude Maniac is town.
- Why wouldn't scum maniac move from town Sabi to town Yoak if it wasn't going to make a difference? He gets to solidify a Yoak miskill while apparently getting some towncred
- How were you so adamant about killing Maniac EOD2->N2 when you hadn't fully reread Maniac?

1. you are currently townreading him for it
2. can you elaborate on the evolution of your thought process wrt Maniac since you flagged that post as defending sabi yesterday? i.e. what you thought was scummy originally, how that changed after the sabi flip, and then how that changed today?

damo666

#368 Post by damo666 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:37 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:55 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:01 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:

1. you are currently townreading him for it
2. can you elaborate on the evolution of your thought process wrt Maniac since you flagged that post as defending sabi yesterday? i.e. what you thought was scummy originally, how that changed after the sabi flip, and then how that changed today?
1. I see
2. Nothing to add to what I've already said.

This is typical scum DL tactic. Trying to tie someone up in knots to make them look bad.

##vote DeathLlama

[Sorry if you're genuine and I'm just bad]

worcej

#369 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:16 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:

It’s also father’s day and I have been busy with the family.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#370 Post by Maniac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:36 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:14 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:

GM NOTE

I have sent him a nudge.
I know I probably shouldn’t say this. But I town read Brad based on this GM comment.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#371 Post by Maniac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:39 am

I also town read rdriveria. Why would scum!rdriveria want GM to consider subbing out Town!Brad? Makes no sense.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#372 Post by Maniac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:50 am

So my current thinking is Brad is town because of GM note (Lurking whilst scum doesn’t require a nudge). Rdriveria is town because scum!rdriveria has no incentive to ask GM to sub out Brad.

I think it’s unlikely deathllama AND WorceJ are a scum team based on their D2 votes. If they were both scum they were never under threat but ended up on same wagon. Scum team Deathllama and WorceJ would just have allowed town to miskill anyone. So both Deathllama and WorceJ get a pass for today. I’m aware this read only makes sense from my town perspective.

Which leaves Kak and Damo.

I’m very slightly town reading Kak. They had excuses in early for low posting so didn’t need to post his wall post knowing it could draw attention.

So by POE I’m left with ##vote Damo

damo666

#373 Post by damo666 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:25 am

Maniac wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:36 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:14 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

GM NOTE

I have sent him a nudge.
I know I probably shouldn’t say this. But I town read Brad based on this GM comment.
Yes, you shouldn't. The GM was responding to a call and reporting a nudge given the circs is entirely reasonable whichever alignment.

damo666

#374 Post by damo666 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:28 am

Maniac wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:39 am
I also town read rdriveria. Why would scum!rdriveria want GM to consider subbing out Town!Brad? Makes no sense.
But scumrdr might want to sub an in danger scumBrad especially if the latter had been silent at night.

I don't think either alignment can be inferred for either party.

damo666

#375 Post by damo666 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:31 am

Maniac wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:50 am
So my current thinking is Brad is town because of GM note (Lurking whilst scum doesn’t require a nudge). Rdriveria is town because scum!rdriveria has no incentive to ask GM to sub out Brad.

I think it’s unlikely deathllama AND WorceJ are a scum team based on their D2 votes. If they were both scum they were never under threat but ended up on same wagon. Scum team Deathllama and WorceJ would just have allowed town to miskill anyone. So both Deathllama and WorceJ get a pass for today. I’m aware this read only makes sense from my town perspective.

I’m very slightly town reading Kak. They had excuses in early for low posting so didn’t need to post his wall post knowing it could draw attention.

A Your rdr and Brad assumptions are not tenable
B Assuming DL and W are not a scumpair still means one of them could be scum
C I'm town. I'm one of few players actually trying.

Jamiet99uk

#376 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:48 am

VOTE COUNT 3.2

damo666 (2) - DeathLlama8, Maniac
Kakarroto (1) - worcej
DeathLlama8 (1) - damo666

Currently DAMO is on the block.

13 hours are left.

Bradland and Kakarroto must participate before phase end or will be replaced / modkilled / made into soap.

Rdrivera needs to vote.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#377 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:46 am

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:31 am
Maniac wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:50 am

A Your rdr and Brad assumptions are not tenable
B Assuming DL and W are not a scumpair still means one of them could be scum
C I'm town. I'm one of few players actually trying.
I agree with Damo here. We shouldn't read from GM answer, he should answer the same way no matter Brad's alignment. Also, my call to GM could be scum worried with a partner as Damo pointed.

And I think Damo changing his mind and vote this way is more on Damo's towns range then scum.

And I didn't like Maniac again forcing this arguments to justify a vote on Damo by POE.

##vote Maniac

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#378 Post by Maniac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:19 pm

@Damo - I disagree.

Jamie said he nudged Brad with a full day of D3 remaining. I know Jamie wants all games to be busier and imagine he would get more frustrated with quiet townies in his own game than quiet mafia where lurking could definitely be regarded as good scum play. Once Jamie makes his statement, it can't go unsaid. I'm can't build a chinese wall in my mind to exclude that information. Therefore my town read of Brad is justified and everything that flows form it (Rdr town lean)

Once i've town read Brad/Rdr, then I'm left with four players in two groups. DL and WorceJ and Damo/Kak.

As I think DL & WoreceJ can't be scumteam then the only combos are ScumDl/TownWorceJ; Scum!WorceJ/Town!DL or both town.

Whereas the Damo/Kak combos are Scum!Damo/Town!Kak; Scum!Kak/Town!Damo or BOTH Scum. I have to vote for someone from this group even though as Damo rightly points out DL or WorceJ could also be scum.

The 'problem' with my thinking is if we vote out Damo or Kak regardless of their alignment, it doesn't then help us find the scum D4. But that's for another day.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#379 Post by Maniac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:20 pm

@rdr - I think Scum!Rdr asks Jamie in private if he is scum buddies with Brad

Kakarroto

#380 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:23 pm

there were two questions to players that haven't been answered, I humbly request them being answered by the person they are directed to:

@damo you said that the post of maniac worries you (where he urged sabi to play/defend), what do you think about it now that sabi flipped town?

@brad I also would like your thoughts about your rd/worcej chances for being mafia, you were asked about that before but I haven't seen an answer from you.

=============================================
=============================================

additionally, I've asked about the rules about how certain things work in the setting, I haven't received any information about that, so I point them here out again and kindly ask them to be answered. If there is something unclear, I refer first to my last post which included the same questions but with more thoughts behind it.

##askGM would the doc, roleblocker and framer get an information (PM, discord) about their action? Would their target get one? Is it dependent on a variable/factor (saving from nk, blocked from action, ...) or would they get always get an information?

##askGM 2 - can the doc save someone from death from multiple sources or does it count only for one?

===============================================
===============================================

furthermore, a new question for which I seek to be answered:

@maniac, as you can reread in one of my previous posts, I was also 'nudged' by the GM. Since that happened, would that from your perspective increase my townyness by quite a bit?

================================================
================================================

Looking back I'm wondering, is dargo voting rd the reason he was hit at night? Is it maybe a setup to make us think that? I'm also getting slight goosebumps that it wasn't DL who was hit. I mean dargo makes sense, sure, but I could see DL being mafia here and if he isn't the target by mafia tonight I think he is a valid option for tomorrow. I think, if DL is mafia, he could be probably on a team with anyone else.

The same (being on a team with anyone as mafia) can be said about brad. But that's because we haven't gotten any real connections from him. I think he is a fair target for today, but then again, if he is town mafia would love to have such a target.

So I don't know. Maybe it's just worcej and maniac and they just force the highest wagon to be town.

Hmm, rd did ask dargo a few hours before EoN what his thoughts about maniac were, don't know if he was fishing for info there, but did dargos answer influence the nk?

I think, for our last 'free' chance, we should target one in the pool of brad, maniac, damo. If you want to throw me into that too, I guess fine, better today than being the vote target tomorrow when we can't make mistakes (I'm assuming there that mafia doesn't hit the crossbow tonight). rd or worcej may be in if we extent the pool, but I'm not sure if that would be correct. DL shouldn't be on the table today, although I'm secondguessing myself. Maybe the pool is a bad idea.

Hmmm, thinking about it more, we basically have two options today: going for the least worst/low risk option or for the high risk/high reward option. I think the weakest link right now is Brad. If we don't get mafia today, we need all town to be on the same page tomorrow. If we don't remove Brad today, I don't think I could trust him enough to play correctly in case he is town from the way he had played this game. I'm also not aware of any other mafia game he played, but he indicated he had quite the experience (quote: "EM was my home site, played on MU, Syndicate, FoL, and a few other sites under various names"[...]) so I'm removing any newcomer bonus from him. He is experienced in this game and he hasn't shown involvement/commitment. I can't compare his performance, maybe it is just his style or the style of games he played, but compared to every other player in this game, in case we hit a town again today, I'm sure we lose the least. Also I'm pretty sure he isn't a PR role if he is town.

The other option is to gamble and each vote for the person who they think would be the one who it would be the worst if alive if they were mafia. With mafia screwing with the voting, I think the possibility to vote out a town member is higher, but we should gain vital voting information.

Although maybe it's just a bad idea and we should stay the course and wait for the one we think has the highest possibility to be mafia. Then again, I'm not sure who that is.

Hmm, with all that, I think it just cumulates to Brad for me. I could see other teams without him, sure, but without anyone flipping mafia yet I think Brad has to go today.

##vote Brad