M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2921 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:48 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:29 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:23 pm
damo, why are you back to voting sabi, and what have they done in the past day to change your opinion from towncore->voting that quickly?
Not damo but I think because my engagement in the game dropped off (but that's due to being busy with vftf/traveling) and as a result so has the quality of my posts. I don't blame him or anyone for thinking that's sus. I am trying my best to keep day 1 energy tho. I have made a word doc of my reads from ghug that I'm not ready to post yet.
Since I am not sure of BesharamSabi's availability today, can I get some opinions on why they state their reads are "from ghug"?

Jamiet99uk

#2922 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:46 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:15 am
bozo, what have you concluded from your survey?
I have concluded you are scum.
You were saying that before the survey, no?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#2923 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:51 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:48 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:23 pm
damo, why are you back to voting sabi, and what have they done in the past day to change your opinion from towncore->voting that quickly?
Not damo but I think because my engagement in the game dropped off (but that's due to being busy with vftf/traveling) and as a result so has the quality of my posts. I don't blame him or anyone for thinking that's sus. I am trying my best to keep day 1 energy tho. I have made a word doc of my reads from ghug that I'm not ready to post yet.
Since I am not sure of BesharamSabi's availability today, can I get some opinions on why they state their reads are "from ghug"?
I certainly think it's a very strange thing to say.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

damo666

#2924 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:52 pm

I have assigned a probability % of being scum to each player. This somewhat arbitrary by its very nature in that it is of course purely guesswork but I thought it would be an interesting exercise:

Player Scum%
Bozo 60
Darg 55
DL 50
Bona 45
ghug 40
Squigs 30
Sabi 25
Jamie 20
Damo 0

The more inquistive of you will notice this sums to 325. I have forced this total on the basis of 75% chance 3 scum, 25% chance 4 scum.

All the above should be treated as a rough guide only. The value of investments may go up and down etc etc.

damo666

#2925 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:56 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:44 pm
I think what damo is doing today is designed to leave his voting options open to switch to whatever town is most likely to be DKed at EOD.
Nope. I am most unlikely to vote outside of you and darg and maybe DL (unless it is to break a tie).

This type of shading furthers my thinking that you are scum.

Jamiet99uk

#2926 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:58 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:52 pm
I have assigned a probability % of being scum to each player. This somewhat arbitrary by its very nature in that it is of course purely guesswork but I thought it would be an interesting exercise:

Player Scum%
Bozo 60
Darg 55
DL 50
Bona 45
ghug 40
Squigs 30
Sabi 25
Jamie 20
Damo 0

The more inquistive of you will notice this sums to 325. I have forced this total on the basis of 75% chance 3 scum, 25% chance 4 scum.

All the above should be treated as a rough guide only. The value of investments may go up and down etc etc.
I do not see the value in this. If you are Town this is simply trying to make your guessing look more rigorous than it is. These are just guesses with percentages arbitrarily applied.

damo666

#2927 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:51 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Yes, Sabi need to address this. I think there may be a simple explanation but I want Sabi to answer first before I say any more.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2928 Post by dargorygel » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:59 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:40 am
Time for a reads list:

Sabi - on the one hand I get the feeling the initial enthusiasm was motivated by the excitement of having drawn scum but they are displaying a naive towniness which I think night on impossible to fake. I've changed my mind again and now conclude TOWN

Bona - would be a slight scumlean were it not for the limited number of possible scum partners. So NULL

Bozo - was a scumread but this has weakened and like Bona has restricted team possibilities. I don't think he's the best vote today but on balance still a lean to SCUM

DL - overall has a more townie feel than scummy, like the early mafcount question, dislike and distrust his tunnel on me. NULL

ghug - I have a fair success rate reading ghug and he seems town to me. The fact that he is still alive worries me but as I have said before if he were scum I think he would have nk'd me. If he (and I) survive the day and night my concern will increase. town (lower case)

Jamie - I am confident in my Jamie reads. Unless he's playing a blinder and pulling the wool ove my eyes he is TOWN

Squigs - has an overall townie feel but is capable of faking it I think. By his own admission has a poor scum record. Town (mixed case).

Darg - bit strange, cant really explain it but leaning Scum (mixed case)

SCUM

Bozo
Darg
DL
Bona
ghug
Squigs
Sabi
Jamie
Damo

TOWN

Although Bozo tops the list I don't think he is the best vote today.

##vote darg
Damo, damo, damo. I know you like to kill me. But this doesn't make sense to me. Your read on me is insecure. From your writings you see bozo as more scumlikely. Why are you not voting for your top scumread?

in other words, why isnt bozo your best vote for today?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2929 Post by dargorygel » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:58 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:52 pm

Player Scum%
Bozo 60
Darg 55
DL 50
Bona 45
ghug 40
Squigs 30
Sabi 25
Jamie 20
Damo 0

I do not see the value in this. If you are Town this is simply trying to make your guessing look more rigorous than it is. These are just guesses with percentages arbitrarily applied.
He even says so, himself.
And he isn't using it to find his topscum.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2930 Post by dargorygel » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:08 pm

Also... (mysterious haunted house voice) rememmmmmber snowy's last words.

damo666

#2931 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:14 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:59 pm
damo666 wrote:
Time for a reads list:

Sabi - on the one hand I get the feeling the initial enthusiasm was motivated by the excitement of having drawn scum but they are displaying a naive towniness which I think night on impossible to fake. I've changed my mind again and now conclude TOWN

Bona - would be a slight scumlean were it not for the limited number of possible scum partners. So NULL

Bozo - was a scumread but this has weakened and like Bona has restricted team possibilities. I don't think he's the best vote today but on balance still a lean to SCUM

DL - overall has a more townie feel than scummy, like the early mafcount question, dislike and distrust his tunnel on me. NULL

ghug - I have a fair success rate reading ghug and he seems town to me. The fact that he is still alive worries me but as I have said before if he were scum I think he would have nk'd me. If he (and I) survive the day and night my concern will increase. town (lower case)

Jamie - I am confident in my Jamie reads. Unless he's playing a blinder and pulling the wool ove my eyes he is TOWN

Squigs - has an overall townie feel but is capable of faking it I think. By his own admission has a poor scum record. Town (mixed case).

SCUM

Bozo
Darg
DL
Bona
ghug
Squigs
Sabi
Jamie
Damo

TOWN

##vote darg
Damo, damo, damo. I know you like to kill me. But this doesn't make sense to me. Your read on me is insecure. From your writings you see bozo as more scumlikely. Why are you not voting for your top scumread?

Because there are far more likely scumteams including you than there are including Bozo.

damo666

#2932 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:21 pm

Interesting that my two top scumreads are both voting ghug. Not sure what it means but it's certainly interesting.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2933 Post by dargorygel » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:14 pm
dargorygel wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Time for a reads list:

SCUM

Bozo
Darg
DL
Bona
ghug
Squigs
Sabi
Jamie
Damo

TOWN

##vote darg

Because there are far more likely scumteams including you than there are including Bozo.
Maybe it is just me feeling all self-protective, damo... but I think you are overemphasizing team likelihood. Rather than be a supporting bit of data, it has become your main bit.

Vote your scum-read, man.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2934 Post by dargorygel » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:24 pm

From scum to town
i'll vote for anyone to avoid my deadness. But from scum to town:

ghug
bozo
damo
bona
Squig
sabi
DeadLlama
jamie
darg

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2935 Post by dargorygel » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:27 pm

I'll be in and out today. Wednesdays are always like this. And this is a big Wednesday. I'll do my best to be here at EoD. Depends on how the turkey cooks. Already, ghug condemns me for not being on EoD last time. If you vote me because I am absent, and we therefore lose, at least hopefully our gang will learn not to put so much emphasis on RL contingencies.

I suppose ghug's reaction might even be a bigger part of my scumread of him than I am conscious of.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2936 Post by dargorygel » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:28 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:21 pm
Interesting that my two top scumreads are both voting ghug. Not sure what it means but it's certainly interesting.
It is interesting.
I am also concerned that my second scumread is voting alongside me. Bussing, yeah... but...

BesharamSabi

#2937 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:49 pm

damo666 wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Yes, Sabi need to address this. I think there may be a simple explanation but I want Sabi to answer first before I say any more.
Good morning,

I didn't know my typo would cause this much issue. I meant to write for not from. If you scroll through my posts you will see that i have talked about this several time. The original post about this was me answering Bona question right here:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:53 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:44 am
day 2 player reads updated

Here is day ones post

viewtopic.php?p=274435#p274435

Bonatogether - (prev null, still null)
I felt like he was more active day 2 but I could be wrong. Still isn't giving me solid town vibes or even scum vibes. He hasn't done his usual scum hunt either. I am still baffled by him.

Bozotheclown - (prev scumlean, still scumlean)
I don't see any issues voting him off for day 3 if he isn't night killed. Yes he was more active and engaged but his vibes are still off. He's sti sporadic and hasn't explained his thought process. What I read from foods post still ringing in my war.

Celaph - (prev null, now scumlean)
I was hyped up about kgray telling me how great and fun celaph is at mafia and I have yet to witness any of that. He was barely around for day 2. When he as here he was barely posting or scum hunting. Don't mind voting for him day 3.

Damo666 - (prev scumlean, now null-scumlean)
Maybe I am biased because of his focus on me, still feel he's scummy but he could also just be null if yiu take away my bias. He seems to finally move on from me and started looking at other options.

Dargo - (prev null, still null)
Giving me nothing. Hasn't contribute much, and if anything less than worcej. Can't read them for anything.

DeathLlama8 - (prev townlean, still townlean)
Yea nothing in my read on him has changed. Still giving me townie vibes.

Ghug - (prev null, now null-townlean)
Would be townlean but snowy rather obsessed tunneling on ghug is inspiring me to reread his post sometime in the next 24 hours or so. Have to honor dead peoples wishes am I right.

Jamiet99uk - (prev townlean, still townlean)
Nothing has changed. Still think he's townie even if my reads in him tends to be more wrong than right. Maybe I will be right this time.

Squigs - (prev null, still null)
I haven't had time to reread them or anything since my last update. Should probably do that before I form an opinion. Trying to not be biased since they are now focusing on me.
1) what is my usual scum hunt, in your view?

2) You said you don't see any issues with voting bozo off - who do you prefer to vote d3?

3) What were you expecting wrt celaph?

4) What are your thoughts on what ghug has done? What specific ghug posts contributed to that?

5) what are your initial thoughts on sqoogs, including bias and without rereads?
1) m70 you were a lot more active and intrograting everyone and their mother. Putting pressure on players and doing lots of VCA. The fact you haven't done that once this game is off to me.

2) bozo, damo, or celaph depending on how they are in day 3

3) kgray was vague but was like celaph is amazing and great to play mafia with and was very good at scumhunting. So I'm going based off that.

4) when I land from my flight I will do that. I'm on my phone and couldn't be assed to do that from my phone.

5) null to maybe townlean. I do appreciate the fact they did try to tunnel on me even if it was wrong and a reach. Like I said gotta reread and what not. Been busy unfortunately.

Sorry for the shitty answer. In the uber and I'm stressed about my flight status lol.
My answer for number 4. I was giving Bona updates on when I was going to answer his question about ghug. As you can tell I do make a lot of typos.

Anything else yall want to waste your time with today?

BesharamSabi

#2938 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:50 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:54 am
vote count

ghug (2): bozo, darg
darg (2): ghug, Squigs
bozo (1): Bona
Sabi (1): damo
damo (1): Llama
Bona (1): Jamie

non voters: Sabi

currently no one dies at the end of day 3 in approximately 15h06m.

Sabi still gotta vote

i’m driving all day tomorrow and might bully a dead player into doing the flip, but currently i plan to do it. i will not be frantically posting vote counts, we’ll have to lean on the bot.
I might be busy at EOD so I will vote later today but I need to make sure who I'm voting for is actually 100% rock solid scum because we can't afford another miskill.

damo666

#2939 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:06 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:49 pm
damo666 wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Good morning,

I didn't know my typo would cause this much issue. I meant to write for not from. If you scroll through my posts you will see that i have talked about this several time. The original post about this was me answering Bona question right here:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:53 pm

1) what is my usual scum hunt, in your view?

2) You said you don't see any issues with voting bozo off - who do you prefer to vote d3?

3) What were you expecting wrt celaph?

4) What are your thoughts on what ghug has done? What specific ghug posts contributed to that?

5) what are your initial thoughts on sqoogs, including bias and without rereads?
1) m70 you were a lot more active and intrograting everyone and their mother. Putting pressure on players and doing lots of VCA. The fact you haven't done that once this game is off to me.

2) bozo, damo, or celaph depending on how they are in day 3

3) kgray was vague but was like celaph is amazing and great to play mafia with and was very good at scumhunting. So I'm going based off that.

4) when I land from my flight I will do that. I'm on my phone and couldn't be assed to do that from my phone.

5) null to maybe townlean. I do appreciate the fact they did try to tunnel on me even if it was wrong and a reach. Like I said gotta reread and what not. Been busy unfortunately.

Sorry for the shitty answer. In the uber and I'm stressed about my flight status lol.
My answer for number 4. I was giving Bona updates on when I was going to answer his question about ghug. As you can tell I do make a lot of typos.

Anything else yall want to waste your time with today?
This was what I thought. I think it can be dismissed as a scumslip.

damo666

#2940 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:07 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:14 pm
dargorygel wrote:

Maybe it is just me feeling all self-protective, damo... but I think you are overemphasizing team likelihood. Rather than be a supporting bit of data, it has become your main bit.

Vote your scum-read, man.
OK ##vote Bozo make it a 3 way tie. Let's see what happens.