M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1541 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:23 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:27 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:16 am

Damn that would be a fun scum team.

Did you pick this scum team because they said that killing me was pointless?

Damo I dunno how to explain to you but just you are so far in this game now that have any sort of scum vibes from me. Why are you tunneling in on me so much? Like you went from scum to town to scum vibes for me?can you point our incidents or post that trigger this besides vibes? I want something concrete from you.
1. Yes that is why I picked the team.

I don't understand first sentence of next para.

I dont think I'm tunnelling on you. You are being very verbose, questioning and emphasising meta change. My auto reaction to this was scum pretence but then wasn't so sure. Worcej's observation about noob PR/scum excitabilty pushed me back to my original thinking.
Did you consider that Worcej observation was fueled by the fact I was the building a wagon on him and putting pressure on him? Everyone else thinks my vibes are townie but you are disregarding that for someone who obviously didn't like me and had a biased view on me.

Yiu say you're not tunneling me yet you scum reads are based off people that "defended" not killing me on day one.

Also you tried to flash wagon me while I was taking a couple of hours break from the game when you knew I would not defend or do anything.

Take a break from scum reading me so you can look at other players.

Anyway looking at EOD, who do you think was the weakest and strongest player?
Strange question. However the late bo switchers are the weakest (if town) or the strongest (if scum).

Jamiet99uk

#1542 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:24 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:42 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:41 pm
Damo's comments there make it look like he was just looking back at the voting patterns and didn't remember Foodcoats and Worcej saying that - but he was present for EoD so that's slightly odd.
My comments wee purely from looking at vote record on bot, so yeah didn't take into account comments surrounding the votes. Maybe a tad lazy but not odd.
Well it is lazy at best, because if we're giving you the benefit of the doubt, it led you to the wrong conclusion. You suggested that Bona was not saved, when two of the people who moved to Bo_Sox explicitly said they were doing it to ensure Bona's safety.

At worst.... hmm...
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

damo666

#1543 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:24 pm
damo666 wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:41 pm
Damo's comments there make it look like he was just looking back at the voting patterns and didn't remember Foodcoats and Worcej saying that - but he was present for EoD so that's slightly odd.
My comments wee purely from looking at vote record on bot, so yeah didn't take into account comments surrounding the votes. Maybe a tad lazy but not odd.
Well it is lazy at best, because if we're giving you the benefit of the doubt, it led you to the wrong conclusion. You suggested that Bona was not saved, when two of the people who moved to Bo_Sox explicitly said they were doing it to ensure Bona's safety.

At worst.... hmm...
My conclusion was that if Bona is scum then he is most unlikely to have been saved by a DL celaph scumpair. I stand by that.

The food and dargcej announced saves would indicate that neither are a scum with Bona.

damo666

#1544 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:37 pm

@Jamie that was spurious shading. Come on. Unless you're scum I guess. [But I don't think that at present].

Jamiet99uk

#1545 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:37 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
damo666 wrote:

At worst.... hmm...
My conclusion was that if Bona is scum then he is most unlikely to have been saved by a DL celaph scumpair. I stand by that.

The food and dargcej announced saves would indicate that neither are a scum with Bona.
Do you think that we should therefore kill Bona tomorrow?

By your analysis if he is scum this would generate up to four near-clears.

Jamiet99uk

#1546 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:50 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:37 pm
@Jamie that was spurious shading. Come on. Unless you're scum I guess. [But I don't think that at present].
I'm Town. I was just highlighting what appeared to be a significant omission in your analysis.

BesharamSabi

#1547 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Anyway I guess I will make a standalone player reads post for my thoughts from day one:

Bonatogether:
Null. Like I have said before that I am unable to read Bona I mean it. He very much seems normal Bona. I have no experience with scum Bona so I can't compare the two. His anger with Squigs putting pressure on him at EOD seemed natural and justified. He did provide interesting post from Squigs that backed up his sus on them. Maybe that interaction was scum theater?

Bozotheclown:
Scumlean. Barely active and leaves weird one liners. Tried to appeal to emotion with with his claim that he was busy in day one and will be active following that seemed like a cheap act looking back at it now. He said he would be back before EOD and he wasn't. I would not mind wagoning him day 2 if he continues to be low engagement. He's a town liability if he is town.

Celaph:
Null. Barely around but like Bona could be due to school. Due to being barely around and sporadic engagement it's hard for me to get a read on them. We haven't really seen how they reacted when under pressure. Need to keep an eye on their posts. Since it's the weekend I hope they are more active. They are a town liability if they are town.

Damo666:
Scumlean. Besides his obsession on me, he's been low engagement this game. He hasn't actively scumhunted anyone. His pressure on me was laughably weak. Want him to be a lot more vocal about his reads.

Dargo:
Null. Haven't interacted with them yet. I obviously can't impose my worcej reads on them because it wouldn't be fair. They need to be a clean slate so I can view them in a better light.

DeathLlama8:
Townie. Putting in effort to make my thought process this game better so that I play better. No scum would want that. Scum would rather I walk around in circles. Besides interactions with me, his vibes with everyone else seems townie. He's putting pressure and analyzing people's post.

Foodcoats:
Townie. Least townie vibes for a townie person. His sporadic random votes are bothering me. He has a few serious analysis on players sprinkled conservatively amongst his iM sO rAnDoM shit posts. None of this I'm so random thing would make sense if he was scum because it unnecessary puts a spot light on him.

Ghug:
Null. Based off meta the real ghug shows up the longer the game goes on. I wish he was more direct and not a difficult person to analyze. I appreciate him finally showing us his player reads. Wished he would expand on them more. Waiting for game to progress more so I can get a better read on him.

Jamiet99uk:
Townie. I'm just going to say the last two games I have had the opposite reads of him than what his role actually was so take this read on him as opposite of what his role might actually be. He's just giving me townie vibes. He's putting pressure on people. He's throwing his usual meta style tantrum when ghug and snowy bait him. Hopefully this time my analysis on him is corect.

Snowy801:
Scumlean. Like I said before his aloofness and inability to expand on his thoughts is annoying and makes it hard to read him as town. He's either being the weakest town player or scum. If he doesn't start sharing his thoughts and analysis on player I don't mind wagoning him day 2 because if he's town he's a liability.

Squigs44:
Null. I read him as town earlier in the game but the way they acted in EOD is making me want to reread him and keep a closer eye on them. Not scum or town vibes. Just need more time on this one I think.

BesharamSabi

#1548 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:09 pm

Anyway I should get off for the rest of the "night" I guess.

Well here's Sabi night one will and testament:

I have a funny feeling I am going to be the night one kill because I put a spotlight on myself. If I do end up being night killed please look at my posts. That is my last wish. I tried to play this game differently and I don't regret it. I had mostly a fun time this game. It was a pleasure to play with you all. Hopefully I can play the next mafia game.

Don't let my death be in vain.

OK bye, hopefully I am around for day 2.

Xoxo gossip girl

damo666

#1549 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:22 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:37 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

At worst.... hmm...

Do you think that we should therefore kill Bona tomorrow?

By your analysis if he is scum this would generate up to four near-clears.
I wouldn't be averse to a Bona kill.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1550 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:51 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:58 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:08 am
foodcoats wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:06 am

Least bad choice.
Why?
My particular experience playing with Bona convinces me he is likely town this game.

Snowy is good at mafia. Although his D1 was aloof and annoying, that is his style and I didn’t see anything that looked truly scum motivated.

Bo kind of ended up default for me, probably because I don’t know him as well.

I think the real error I made was moving off Squigs, FWIW. I’m not strictly convinced he is scum but I scumlean him. I also could’ve pushed ghug to test bona’s hunch. Alas.
Bona's hunch being the crosspost thing that he himself dropped after it was disproven?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1551 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:52 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:40 pm
Oh also, @Damo666: Two people specifically said they were moving to save Bona.

Those people were Worcej and Foodcoats.

If Bona is town do you think a Mafia player would say "I'm doing this to defend Bona"?

If Bona is scum do you think they'd have the brass neck to say that?
I buy the latter point but not the former.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1552 Post by dargorygel » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:07 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:40 pm
Oh also, @Damo666: Two people specifically said they were moving to save Bona.

Those people were Worcej and Foodcoats.

If Bona is town do you think a Mafia player would say "I'm doing this to defend Bona"?

If Bona is scum do you think they'd have the brass neck to say that?
I buy the latter point but not the former.
Thanks, ghug666.🧐

damo666

#1553 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:53 pm

Just been summoned to the pub so this is (prob) my last post of the night.

No great insights but if I'm not with you 2m look at Bona, snowy and maybe food.

If Bona flips scum look at DL.

If Sabi survives to D3 begin to wonder.

Good luck!

foodcoats

#1554 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:02 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:51 pm
foodcoats wrote:
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:08 am

Why?
My particular experience playing with Bona convinces me he is likely town this game.

Snowy is good at mafia. Although his D1 was aloof and annoying, that is his style and I didn’t see anything that looked truly scum motivated.

I think the real error I made was moving off Squigs, FWIW. I’m not strictly convinced he is scum but I scumlean him. I also could’ve pushed ghug to test bona’s hunch. Alas.
Bona's hunch being the crosspost thing that he himself dropped after it was disproven?
Yes. I trust bona more than he trusts himself you see.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1555 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:07 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:02 pm
ghug wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Ok, so express the concern in your own words then. I can't see a valid reason to consider that interaction a scum connection, and appealing to Bona sounds like a great way to absolve yourself of blame when you're ultimately wrong.

foodcoats

#1556 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:07 pm
foodcoats wrote:
ghug wrote:

Ok, so express the concern in your own words then. I can't see a valid reason to consider that interaction a scum connection, and appealing to Bona sounds like a great way to absolve yourself of blame when you're ultimately wrong.
Well I don’t really scum read you, hence why I never voted for you, for example when snowy called for it.

I did find several things fishy in Squigs, which I’ve outlined before.

Jamiet99uk

#1557 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:28 pm

I'm going to the pub with Damo.

In case I die: Tomorrow you should be killing Snowy, Bona, or Bozo.

Re-read my interactions with Damo over the past two pages to understand why Bona is a good target. In short: Bona would be a very informative kill tomorrow and would reveal significant information about at least four people.

Snowy I have already explained, Bozo likewise.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1558 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:32 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:28 pm
ghug wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Well I don’t really scum read you, hence why I never voted for you, for example when snowy called for it.

^ Sabi take note. This is an actual example of someone not answering a question.

You've brought up this Bona argument twice tonight. Can you explain why you think it's still relevant?

foodcoats

#1559 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:35 pm

I suppose I should clarify, so that it doesn’t go any further, that the main takeaway from Bona’s Squigs-ghug thing was actually that it was town indicative of bona, not scum indicative of Squigs or ghug.

I realized I’ve mused on this in an unclear way so I want to make sure that gets across. I think I even pointed out when I first started talking about it that it had nothing to do with whether bona was right, just that it was an approach and a “gotcha” that seemed in line with how I’ve understood bona to play.

And, I only have spent so much time thinking “what would Bona do” because in the first game I played with him, I misunderstood him greatly and butted heads with him, and after the game it was revealed he had uncovered half the scum team from a very small interaction, so I look to Bona for those kind of tidbits.

TLDR Bona probably town.

foodcoats

#1560 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:37 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:32 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:28 pm
ghug wrote:

^ Sabi take note. This is an actual example of someone not answering a question.

You've brought up this Bona argument twice tonight. Can you explain why you think it's still relevant?
Sorry… rephrase the question I am not answering. It’s not intentional.

I think I just posted about your second part, what I think is relevant about Bona.