Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#5121 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Quick skim reading of EOD6. Worcej and xorxes are dead, so I don’t think it is worth speaking to them. That said, xorxes said this in response to me:
xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:14 pm
I will be defending Jamiet on this one, even though I think he is very likely scum. His Oracle target choice makes sense both as town and as scum (as I said last night), so it's really NAI.
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:37 pm
I have been thinking up until just now that your death at night via the NK would also reveal your target, which is incorrect. That makes your plan, and your quoted defense, less contradictory than I initially believed.
Well, you were right and now you're wrong. This has been clarified by the GM, right after I asked them about it because I noticed the same thing you noticed now, the role PM seems to say that the Oracle only reveals if they die during the day, but GMs clarified they reveal as usual if they die at night too.
This is interesting and I did not know it had been clarified. I would think the oracle would, however. That makes Jamie’s plan completely useless as he was never going to be nightkilled and thus I don’t really understand what its point was other than to make himself out as a nightkill target when he never was going to be one. Xorxes called it NAI because his choice of target (Percy) was not really important, but I find it scummy in the sense that he was trying to find some way to make himself seem important to us.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm
I'm going to have no choice but to ##VOTE WORCEJ to ensure the human can't force my mislynch.
The vote count was 4-3, with worcej ahead of EP. There were *four hours* to go before the deadline. Why are you voting as if your vote is the only thing that stands between you and your end when you had just joined the EP wagon?
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:00 pm
Ok this is gonna sound really strange given my Jamie pushes, but I no longer think Jamie is scum.

It's based off of a super scientific meta of him.

##unvote
Odd, with four hours to go in the day Jamie jumps off of EP and with two hours to go in the day EP jumps off of Jamie. Hmmmm… HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Then they jumped on bozo together.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:53 pm
Call me selfish but part of my strategy today is to ensure I'm not today's lynch. I want to put my power to good use while I still can.
So you aren’t willing to be mislynched now, but you also want to be sure you can use your power in case you’re what, the victim of a natural disaster? You certainly weren’t headed toward a nightkill.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:10 pm
##VOTE ESPRESSO PATRONUM

His flip from solidly scumreading me, to townreading me for poorly explained "scientific" meta reasons, and then suddenly looking to form a voting pact with me on anyone but Worcej smacks of nervous scum trying to save his team-mate.
Oh you noticed with 50 minutes to go! Good. I was starting to worry about you two being teammates.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:31 pm
##VOTE WORCEJ
…or not. 29 minutes to go.

Yall. Jamie and Espresso are scummy as absolute fuck on D6. Please look at it. I’ll vote for either so long as I get to vote for the other tomorrow.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5122 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Oooh ooh ohhhhh hang on
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:12 pm
Shit wait is it LyLo tomorrow?
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm
I'm going to have no choice but to ##VOTE WORCEJ to ensure the human can't force my mislynch.
This just in -- Jamie is bad at math during the day when he's training a mislynch, but he can count again at night!

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5123 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:30 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:40 pm
So my scumteam is EP/bozo/Jamiet, but I can't really say that I townread bo or food. I'm most certain about EP.
This came a full 20 minutes before EON. Why exactly do people think he died over Foxcastle or Hosuke? Is it because his reads were fucking spot on?

2/3 minimum. 3/3 maximum. Pay the man, easy game.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5124 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:32 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:23 pm
RIP xorxes.

Foodcoats is the common thread in the reads ppl posted at EON. We can worry about sorting the other two once foodcoats flips.

##vote Foodcoats
What the fuck is this? We're lynching in LYLO based off of commonalities in people's reads (which by the way I didn't post any???) instead of actually scumhunting? And this shit has actually stuck?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5125 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:34 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:00 pm
Besides my continued suspicion that claiming inno child on D2 was a total waste of the ability and therefore scummy, I think xorxes baiting us to debate whether xorxes is town or scum is also pretty scummy. Xorxes is confirmed town or scum tomorrow. If xorxes is scum, everything they are doing now is to make it more complicated to rally the lynch when they try to delay revealing. If they are town, then we should be focused on figuring out who is scum.

Considering we are going to be at mylo, and since it appears people don't really agree that EP is logically the most probable to be scum, I would argue we reestablish the Bozo Doctrine. Survey everyone's top 3 scumreads and lynch the top candidate. Yes, scum will manipulate this, but they will also be forced to bus and/or be backed into a corner with indefensible reads. It gives us a rational basis on which to lynch. We need to get it right three times in a row, and I think that town's collective wisdom may be the best way to do that (at least for the first two... I suspect the last one could be much harder to break down this way).

Thoughts?
Nvm, maybe you deserve to get lynched after all. Bus away.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5126 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm
bo_sox and foodcoats, can you explain why you are not scum conspiring with Chaqa to get Espresso lynched along with dargorygel?
Yes, I can. My role PM says I'm not. Why are you so vehemently against lynching Espresso despite my case against him?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5127 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:38 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:02 am
foodcoats wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:11 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
bo_sox and foodcoats, can you explain why you are not scum conspiring with Chaqa to get Espresso lynched along with dargorygel?
I would hope not to be so transparently coordinated with my team if I were scum.

Just to reiterate... the reason I think Espresso is scum is because a TvS tracker claim/counterclaim has no benefit to scum whatsoever. If we had lynched Espresso and they flipped town, we'd have lynched darg. A 1 for 1 trade seems negative value for scum.

That is why I asked earlier if darg and Chaqa are known to be bad players. Call me an asshole, but the only way I can think the tracker thing was TvS is if the scum team is dumb. But, at the time the claim was made, we had mislynched twice in a row, they had a cow, and it is at least possible that EP is the human. I mean, look at the darg/EP wagons, they were 9-3!! darg did a great job of looking scummy AF. Doing that push there could've been their strategy to close the game.
I agree dargorygel was obviously going to be lynched first, but what if the plan was to get both lynched? Chaqa was the first to bring up the 2 scum theory, why do you think he would bring it up if both were scum?
Why would scum plan on sacrificing one of their own to get the tracker mislynched after he came out with nothing that could have been even remotely incriminating at all instead of staying silent and then killing him?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5128 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:43 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:31 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:59 am
Final DP smokescreen results. Return to this if town!DP dies without a reveal.

EspressoPatronum (complete) [damo]
bozo (complete) [chaqa]
Vapor (complete) [foodcoats]
foodcoats (complete) [damo]
flash (complete) [bo_sox]
bo_sox (refused)
Jamie (complete) [Jamie]
worcej (refused)
dargorygel (complete) [Brain]
damo (complete) [Bozo]
@Espresso: you argue that scum were forced to counterclaim someone because none of them were able to claim DP, and so they were one fakerole short.

I think that's a reasonable argument, and it applies whether the other Tracker claimant is town or scum, in both cases they decided that the counterclaim gambit was preferrable to claiming DP. Claiming Absorber would have been relatively harmless as far as I can tell.

So, the people unable to claim DP were:

bo_sox (refused)
worcej (refused)

It's hard to believe that the real DP wouldn't have used this opportunity to reveal their target.

dargorygel (complete) [Brain]

Brain had already proven that he was not the target, so dargo here was essentially saying "I am not the DP". You have to admit that this would clear dargo if your hypothesis is true and if we believe that dargo understood what was going on. It is not clear that dargo understood the consequences though.

EspressoPatronum (complete) [damo]
foodcoats (complete) [damo]

Damo never said anything that I noticed about having lost his power, so these two were also very unlikely to get away with a DP claim. The fact that they made it would suggest they were not planning to claim DP, or did not realize what their claim entailed.

Jamie (complete) [Jamie]

If Jamie was planning to claim DP, he may have changed his mind after we said his choice was idiotic.

flash (complete) [bo_sox]

flash was unable to claim DP if bo_sox is town (unless there's something bo_sox hasn't told us). But they could not have known this at the time that the counterclaims were made. So it seems that flash was at least potentially a candidate to claim DP. This makes flash look good.

bozo (complete) [chaqa]

Now that we know that Chaqa is scum, we know that if bozo was scum he would have been free to claim DP. This makes bozo look good.

In conclusion:

flash and bozo get townie points based on this explanation for the cc.

bo_sox, worcej, Espresso, foodcoats, dargo and Jamie get either townie points, or idiot-scum points for backing themselves against a wall. Is that what you were saying before?

The fact that you brought this up yourself would suggest you had thought about it and so you would have not made the claim you made, or you may be double-bluffing.
This post from xorxes about Espresso's DP smokescreen shows why the mafia would avoid claiming DP if Jamie, bo_sox, and foodcoats are the remaining scum. Also, it shows that most of the scum candidates were unprepared for their DP claim, which points to Espresso as town.
You do realize that there are 21 roles and 20 players, thus even if the mafia received 6 fake claims to choose from they would not be forced to use them all, right? This actually might be a decent question for the GMs to answer, but at this point I don't care enough to send them a message.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5129 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:45 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:10 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:04 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:51 pm
Ok since bomb no longer plays, I would like to say:

shame on you bomb for creating a twisted, abnormal take on my 'admiration' of Vecna. It's not even admiration, I find him strong town in many games and openly proclaim when I'm confident

For you to mention sexual innuendos regarding me and him it's really vile. He's a father with kids, I know you don't care about what I think, but at least for him, abstain from this sort of mockery. I'm sorry to Vecna on your behalf

Also, you need to stop talking about players from MU, stop involving them with this site. I'm NOT anyone else, you're CONFUSING and mistaking players and you keep insanely repeating this when it's utterly displeasing

/over

I post this after his leaving because I wasn't about to do a back and forth with bomb on non-game related stuff
This post is fake as shit. You are a total jackass for waiting until he’s no longer here to talk things through and as far as I’m concerned you’re looking for nothing but a target on which to maintain your recently overly emotional rampage. Do you actually have a purpose to anything you’ve done recently other than to be pissed at people or can you simply not handle the pressure you’re under?

##VOTE Vapor
I forgot to clip this last night. This is another D3 post that caught my eye. bo's reasoning for voting Vapor is completed not related to the game.

Also, bo had voted for worcej earlier in the day because of the drunk posts... also not really a game related reason to vote someone.

bo, do you feel these votes were justified? Or were you just casting about for a mislynch?
Why are you asking me stupid questions now? I thought that was bozo's thing.

Of course the vote was justified. Vapor was scummy as all hell. The vote on worcej was exclusively because he told me to vote for him and I've learned never say no to that.

Jamiet99uk

#5130 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:45 pm

^ this is a fair comment

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5131 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:46 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:17 pm
Also, everyone realizes it is equally likely the missing claim is Absorber, right?
This is a good point. If scum were, as bozo suggested, not prepared for a DP claim and also not going to use an absorber claim, it makes a whole hell of a lot of sense that two scum would be planning on countering each other with a tracker claim.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5132 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:16 pm
Long story short, I think bozo and EP are probably right. The last three are likely food, Jamiet and bo. If I have to make the choice now, I will go with the one I would follow my current strongest townread who I think is voting for my strongest scumread. So this means:

##VOTE foodcoats
How, oh how oh how oh how, did you read D6 and think that Espresso and Jamie aren't both scum?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5133 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:49 pm

I'm done. Someone else talk now.

Jamiet99uk

#5134 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:28 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:16 pm
Long story short, I think bozo and EP are probably right. The last three are likely food, Jamiet and bo. If I have to make the choice now, I will go with the one I would follow my current strongest townread who I think is voting for my strongest scumread. So this means:

##VOTE foodcoats
How, oh how oh how oh how, did you read D6 and think that Espresso and Jamie aren't both scum?
A maximum of 1 and a minimum of 0 of Espresso and Jamie is scum.

Jamiet99uk

#5135 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:30 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:49 pm
That's a lot of posting but not a lot of voting.
You have several scumreads, don't you care to vote for any of them?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5136 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:30 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Nope, not yet. I would like to partake in some more discussion first this evening.

Jamiet99uk

#5137 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:09 pm

So it seems that some people scumread me at this crucial point in play:

- Bozotheclown - declared he scumreads me P.254 and votes for me.

- Flash - declared he scumreads me on P.256 but votes for Foodcoast.

- Bo_Sox - declares he scumreads me on P.257, has not voted yet.

On the other hand:

- EspressoPatronum - declares me a townread on P.256.

- Foodcoats - I guess he doesn't scumread me but that's not entirely clear. He's voting for EP.

Of the 5 unclears other than me (and I know I'm town), three have declared I'm scum. What I need to try to work out is, is this because:

a) They're misguided town, like Xorxes and Worcej were, or:
b) They're scum who regard me as the most likely mislynch...

EspressoPatronum

#5138 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:10 pm

@bo_sox you misrepresented my day posts bcz you're scum and need a reason to keep your fake tunnel on me.

I was very clear that I would vote anyone but worcej or clears. Jamie proposed bozo so I happily joined.
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Yes, I can. My role PM says I'm not. Why are you so vehemently against lynching Espresso despite my case against him?
You either haven't read bozo's case supporting town!EP or you're ignoring it. You know exactly why he's vehemently against lynching me.

EspressoPatronum

#5139 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:11 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:30 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Nope, not yet. I would like to partake in some more discussion first this evening.
Reading between the lines here: bo_sox is saying he'd rather wait it out a bit before standing behind a vote. Scum trying to blend in.

EspressoPatronum

#5140 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:09 pm
So it seems that some people scumread me at this crucial point in play:

- Bozotheclown - declared he scumreads me P.254 and votes for me.

- Flash - declared he scumreads me on P.256 but votes for Foodcoast.

- Bo_Sox - declares he scumreads me on P.257, has not voted yet.

On the other hand:

- EspressoPatronum - declares me a townread on P.256.

- Foodcoats - I guess he doesn't scumread me but that's not entirely clear. He's voting for EP.

Of the 5 unclears other than me (and I know I'm town), three have declared I'm scum. What I need to try to work out is, is this because:

a) They're misguided town, like Xorxes and Worcej were, or:
b) They're scum who regard me as the most likely mislynch...
I'm not certain how to sort you yet, but I would rather go for foodcoats or bo_sox before you.

The meta thing I mentioned earlier has me leaning town for you. I haven't finished it though, so it's subject to change.