Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4521 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:11 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:15 am
@Percy: Scan me if you like, but I warn you it's likely to lead to Xorxes hard scumreading you when you clear me.
True, you would be the worst choice among the unclears, because if we have a mislynch available we can always lynch you and we either get scum or get a clear/scum. Getting a clear scan of you would waste both his and your powers, assuming you are both town.

Also, I'm not sure why worcej excludes the unlynched Tracker claimant as a scan candidate. They would only be excluded if the one we lynch is town.

xorxes

#4522 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:40 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:12 am
The point of these posts were to catch someone reacting to me not caring about my death. What role doesn't care about dying? The Oracle. Who reacted? Really only Bo - bet you can't guess what I think he is?
How is not wanting to lynch the Oracle scum indicative? I believed you were the Oracle (or at least that there was a good chance that you were, based on what you were saying) and I know I'm town. So I don't really understand how bo's supposed reaction to figuring out your soft is alignment indicative.

BTW, did you notice when I acknowledged your soft?
go ahead and scum me and say I am lying and am caught. No one bothered, other than myself, that xorxes also wanted to keep Chaqa alive to protect Tom (because that made sense right?) but I guess only I can be subject to immediate scumness for making a mistake.
I believe that if we had not lynched Chaqa, scum may have killed someone else, because if they killed Tom then Chaqa's cover was blown.
After all of this, if you STILL scum me, go ahead and just lynch me then. I literally spelled out how to possibly get one, possibly 2, scum in the next 3 days and you have people like bozo going down another dumb path of retardation and distraction, just like xorxes is doing once again.
We should aim for 3, not 1 or possibly 2. If we only get 1 in the next 3 days we lose, I think, depending on the double-vote.

xorxes

#4523 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:46 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:22 am
Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:36 am
Tldr:
We waste the info a scan could give us and don't prove I'm the Stick bug if I scan the other tracker claim.
How you work your claim is how I addressed in my wall. You need to scan a non-verifiable claim, meaning ignore Darg, EP, and xorxes (and obviously Fox and Hosuke). Darg and EP should be verified pretty much now, unless your a fool and want to lynch someone not EP or Darg...
The survivor from Darg/EP would be verified only if we mislynch. If we lynch correctly, the other one is still left unclear.
Anyways...

You should target Jamie, Food, bozo, Bo_, flash, or myself. Anyone telling you otherwise is a fool.
This fool here says Jamiet is not a good scan choice because he is already a good lynch option without any scan reasult (he would be the least harmful mislynch).

bozotheclown

#4524 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:50 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:46 am
To be perfectly clear, I'm throwing shade at bozo. He keeps missing things, so I'm not sure if he'll catch it if I don't just come out and say it.
Have I missed the answer to my question again? Can you please tell me exactly what you were trying to accomplish with this D1 post you pointed out:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:24 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:22 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:04 pm
Is there a rdr wagon? I don't want to drop foodcoats entirely considering he hasn't answered to any of my concerns but I'd be interested in that too at this point if it has more momentum. I'm obviously not the only one who has been offput by his stunt so far.
I will shoot you if the wagon on me gets traction.
That would make you a lock for least valuable player, my friend.

xorxes

#4525 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:54 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:18 am

@xorxes, you also stated somewhere that Chaqa was doomed to die eventually because he claimed lover. Town!lover Chaqa doesn't die without worcej's push, as scum will never kill Chaqa bcz they get a free kill when they hit the lover. Look back at yesterday - most of the people on Chaqa's wagon (myself included) expressed our town read of Chaqa while we followed the lynch. Chaqa was a lategame threat thwarted by his lover claim.
Chaqa dies today if he hadn't died yesterday. The only difference it would have made is that the order would have been dargo-Chaqa instead of Chaqa-dargo. (Or replace dargo with you.)

bozotheclown

#4526 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:24 pm

From D4:

quote=bozotheclown post_id=94195 time=1564150888 user_id=222]
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:20 am
I had forgotten about the double vote. If Chaqa is the Lover then we're at LYLO.
I believe that makes it mylo, not lylo, assuming we can avoid a cow kill. We should lynch Chaqa here to make sure his claim is real, since he is the only one we can mislynch without losing if the mafia have the double vote. The tracker counterclaims can wait until D5.

##VOTE Chaqa
[/quote]
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:30 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:26 pm
I think a Chaqa vote is silly. We are pretty far behind - we shouldn’t be playing to avoid losing, we need to play to catch scum. Chaqa is the best mislynch, but we should be trying to not mislynch. He could be scum but I do not think so
We have nothing to lose by lynching Chaqa to verify his claim.
We lose a town, at MyLo
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:33 pm
Bozo is scum trying to win the game.
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:15 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:20 pm
In reading through the past few pages, I don't understand how we think it could be MYLO today even in the worst possible circumstances. We are 9-5 currently.
If we lynch a townie today it is MYLO tomorrow.

If we lynch a mafia that is the cow, we will be down to 7-4 tomorrow. The only thing the cow will do is it could potentially change a MYLO day into a LYLO day (if we hit the cow today, and mislynch tomorrow it means LYLO instead of MYLO day 6). That's it. I don't think we should be obsessing about it so much.

We now just need to make a choice between EP/darg and stick with it. If it was me I would probably choose darg...but I will leave it up to the townclears to make the final decision.
If we mislynch today and Chaqa is town, it will be 6-5 D5. There is a 5/7 chance the mafia have the double vote power, which means they could force a no lynch D6 for the win. So, there is a 5/7 chance it is mylo today, if Chaqa is town. If we mislynch Chaqa today, it will be 7-5 tomorrow and lylo. The benefit of lynching Chaqa is that we can't be sure he is really town. If Chaqa is scum, it is not mylo since it would be 7-5 D5 is we mislynch someone else, but of course it is still better to lynch Chaqa today if he is scum.
worcej wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:49 pm
For once, I hope some of you choose to listen to my words right now... I am specifically talk a lot to Fox right now.

I am of the opinion we need to buy ourselves another day.

We're @ 9-5 atm. We all know that. We also know a CC has been made on the tracker role. You would think, 'hey, it's clearly between darg or EP'.

We should assume, at this point for sure because it would be the most retarded town move ever made to CC just to CC, that one between EP or darg is scum and I believe the fake claim (from one of them) is that the scum are going for the win now. There are two methods to get 3 deaths today - one is the cow (not scum's ideal choice) and the other is via the lover - who has also publicly stated their target. The cow's not guaranteed and again doesn't end us the game.

It really doesn't matter too much on the ins and outs between the two, because it's pretty simple - we need to get rid of Chaqa one way or the other.

If Chaqa is telling us the truth and is town, we're fucked if we get EP vs darg wrong. We go to 6-5 and do lose with the double-vote is in play.

If we pass on EP vs Darg, then we go to 7-5 and are indeed still at effective LyLo and still have a 50/50 on EPvsDarg, but confirming Chaqa provides a little better of information than doing this now.

This is the smart play. For the love of god, please my other townies - pay attention to this...
##vote Chaqa
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:01 pm
Ok Worcej has persuaded me.

##VOTE CHAQA

My other scumreads are:

- Bozotheclown
- Dargorygel
- Xorxes

...in that order.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:02 pm
We must lynch Chaqa today. Worcej explained this very clearly and I refer everyone to his anaylsis.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:03 pm
Percy, Xorxes, Bo_Sox, Flash

Please vote for CHAQA

bozotheclown

#4527 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:25 pm

Let me try that again.

From D4:
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:21 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:20 am
I had forgotten about the double vote. If Chaqa is the Lover then we're at LYLO.
I believe that makes it mylo, not lylo, assuming we can avoid a cow kill. We should lynch Chaqa here to make sure his claim is real, since he is the only one we can mislynch without losing if the mafia have the double vote. The tracker counterclaims can wait until D5.

##VOTE Chaqa
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:30 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:26 pm
I think a Chaqa vote is silly. We are pretty far behind - we shouldn’t be playing to avoid losing, we need to play to catch scum. Chaqa is the best mislynch, but we should be trying to not mislynch. He could be scum but I do not think so
We have nothing to lose by lynching Chaqa to verify his claim.
We lose a town, at MyLo
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:33 pm
Bozo is scum trying to win the game.
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:15 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:20 pm
In reading through the past few pages, I don't understand how we think it could be MYLO today even in the worst possible circumstances. We are 9-5 currently.
If we lynch a townie today it is MYLO tomorrow.

If we lynch a mafia that is the cow, we will be down to 7-4 tomorrow. The only thing the cow will do is it could potentially change a MYLO day into a LYLO day (if we hit the cow today, and mislynch tomorrow it means LYLO instead of MYLO day 6). That's it. I don't think we should be obsessing about it so much.

We now just need to make a choice between EP/darg and stick with it. If it was me I would probably choose darg...but I will leave it up to the townclears to make the final decision.
If we mislynch today and Chaqa is town, it will be 6-5 D5. There is a 5/7 chance the mafia have the double vote power, which means they could force a no lynch D6 for the win. So, there is a 5/7 chance it is mylo today, if Chaqa is town. If we mislynch Chaqa today, it will be 7-5 tomorrow and lylo. The benefit of lynching Chaqa is that we can't be sure he is really town. If Chaqa is scum, it is not mylo since it would be 7-5 D5 is we mislynch someone else, but of course it is still better to lynch Chaqa today if he is scum.
worcej wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:49 pm
For once, I hope some of you choose to listen to my words right now... I am specifically talk a lot to Fox right now.

I am of the opinion we need to buy ourselves another day.

We're @ 9-5 atm. We all know that. We also know a CC has been made on the tracker role. You would think, 'hey, it's clearly between darg or EP'.

We should assume, at this point for sure because it would be the most retarded town move ever made to CC just to CC, that one between EP or darg is scum and I believe the fake claim (from one of them) is that the scum are going for the win now. There are two methods to get 3 deaths today - one is the cow (not scum's ideal choice) and the other is via the lover - who has also publicly stated their target. The cow's not guaranteed and again doesn't end us the game.

It really doesn't matter too much on the ins and outs between the two, because it's pretty simple - we need to get rid of Chaqa one way or the other.

If Chaqa is telling us the truth and is town, we're fucked if we get EP vs darg wrong. We go to 6-5 and do lose with the double-vote is in play.

If we pass on EP vs Darg, then we go to 7-5 and are indeed still at effective LyLo and still have a 50/50 on EPvsDarg, but confirming Chaqa provides a little better of information than doing this now.

This is the smart play. For the love of god, please my other townies - pay attention to this...
##vote Chaqa
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:01 pm
Ok Worcej has persuaded me.

##VOTE CHAQA

My other scumreads are:

- Bozotheclown
- Dargorygel
- Xorxes

...in that order.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:02 pm
We must lynch Chaqa today. Worcej explained this very clearly and I refer everyone to his anaylsis.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:03 pm
Percy, Xorxes, Bo_Sox, Flash

Please vote for CHAQA

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4528 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Looking at who is left to vote, and what they have read of me, I expect to be miss lynched this afternoon. Well played espresso. The catch of chaqa messed up your plans I hope. Tomorrow it is time to mass announce. Suspect anyone who fights that. Scum have figured out the unclears I expect. This is what they were after. I shouldn't have countered right away. Good luck town, see you in the God thread.

Jamiet99uk

#4529 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:25 pm
Let me try that again.

From D4:

*pastes wall of quotes*
What is your point here, Bozo? I addressed all of this on page 217 and even apologised to you.

Jamiet99uk

#4530 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Note: Provided we have lynched one or preferably two more scum, I agree with Xorxes that I would be the least damaging mislynch after that. Mislynching me either gives you a revealed scum, or confirms another townclear.

Foxcastle

#4531 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:52 pm

Remember when we put Dargo/Espresso aside and just lynched scum? That was pretty great. Let's do it again. ##VOTE WORCEJ

Jamiet99uk

#4532 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:54 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:52 pm
Remember when we put Dargo/Espresso aside and just lynched scum? That was pretty great. Let's do it again. ##VOTE WORCEJ
There is one guaranteed scum in Darg / Espresso. Unless you are 100% certain Worcej is scum, why do this?

bozotheclown

#4533 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:25 pm
Let me try that again.

From D4:

*pastes wall of quotes*
What is your point here, Bozo? I addressed all of this on page 217 and even apologised to you.
Yes, but that could be a preemptive attempt to explain because you knew how bad it looked. My point was when you decided to follow worcej in getting Chaqa lynched, you tried to get everyone to vote for him, and he turned out to be the cow.

worcej

#4534 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:02 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:46 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:22 am
Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:36 am
Tldr:
We waste the info a scan could give us and don't prove I'm the Stick bug if I scan the other tracker claim.
How you work your claim is how I addressed in my wall. You need to scan a non-verifiable claim, meaning ignore Darg, EP, and xorxes (and obviously Fox and Hosuke). Darg and EP should be verified pretty much now, unless your a fool and want to lynch someone not EP or Darg...
The survivor from Darg/EP would be verified only if we mislynch. If we lynch correctly, the other one is still left unclear.
Anyways...

You should target Jamie, Food, bozo, Bo_, flash, or myself. Anyone telling you otherwise is a fool.
This fool here says Jamiet is not a good scan choice because he is already a good lynch option without any scan reasult (he would be the least harmful mislynch).
**eyroll**

How are you so good at being town again? You can exchange Percy/Jamie for who to lynch to verify and get the same result. If Percy scans Jamie and gets town, I would then modify it and say to lynch Jamie to confirm oracle and get 2 clears in that matter (depending on who Jamie scans).

So TL;DR - scanning Jamie could result in 2 clears or a clear and a scum. He is actually the best person to scan in the lot, which was what I was going to push later but fine here you go.

worcej

#4535 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:04 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
The. Worst. Town. Clear. Ever.

Foxcastle

#4536 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:06 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:04 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
The. Worst. Town. Clear. Ever.
Hey. I. called. Chaqa. about. a. hundred. pages. before. he. was. lynched. So. You're. up.

bozotheclown

#4537 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:07 pm

Alos D4:
xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:07 pm
Okay, here it is.

I am the ORACLE. Highly ironic, given my real life handsomeness, that I would have to play as such an ugly creature as the Anglerfish, but such is life.

I crumbed my role on page 50 when I mentioned Ceefax. Ceefax was a British television-based "teletext" information system, almost a precursor to some of the basic functions of the internet, but accessed via a television signal where appropriately equipped television sets could display up to 999 indexed, regularly updated pages of news, weather, sports, entertainment, cookery, listings, etc.

Ceefax was one of two rival UK teletext systems. The other system was called...

**ORACLE**

That was my crumb.

I also softed my role a couple of times, like on page 149 where I listed a bunch of roles in lower case, but I used an initial capital letter for "Oracle".

I am currently set to reveal Xorxes if I am killed.
What a waste of a power when I would be revealed D7.

What do you make of worcej softing Oracle?

@worcej, why did you soft Oracle?
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:16 pm
Where did Worcej do that?

Worcej has claimed he is the Okapi, a VT.
Which led to this D5:
worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:11 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:01 am
@Worcej, did you or did you not soft Oracle?
I did try to soft it to try to draw the NK. I also wanted to show that I didn’t mind being mislynched early, which is true. As one of the few VTs in this setup, I felt my job was to protect PRs any way possible. Sacrificing myself is one way to do this.

Foxcastle

#4538 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:54 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
There is one guaranteed scum in Darg / Espresso. Unless you are 100% certain Worcej is scum, why do this?
Yup, I'm certain. We're doing it.

Foxcastle

#4539 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:10 pm

We'll get Dargo tomorrow. So we're fine on timing. But bold victories demand bold moves, and lynching Worcej is way more informative than processing Dargo/EP today.

bozotheclown

#4540 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:18 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:48 pm
Oh look Vecna scumreads me just like he does every single game.

I love old fashioned nostalgic things. Ceefax, Angel Delight, Monster Munch, shell suits, Vecna scumreading me, Watney's Red Barrel, Crackerjack.... ah, the warm fuzzy memories of my youth.
Lover, Oracle, Divine Presence, okapi, Tracker?

An okapi is a bit monstrous, isn't it? :shock:
I think Jamie was crumbing multiple scum roles. If so, and shell suit was crumbing tracker, both tracker claims are fake, but if shell suit was crumbing tortoise (absorber), one tracker claim is real.