Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4361 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:56 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:09 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:33 pm

Sorry, how does this relate to Percy?
For this theory to be correct, all of the scum would have to be unable to claim DP. We know Chaqa could not claim DP, so one possibility is Percy, you, Espresso, and foodcoats are scum. Another possibility is Percy, you, Espresso, and bo_sox are scum, and stuck with BP and DP to claim. There are probably other possibilities, but most of them likely include Percy.
It seems that you were the only one able to claim DP (depending on what I hear from the GMs), and maybe flash, contingent on bo's alignment, so I don't see how this tells you anything about Percy in particular.
Your analysis of DP claims in just conjecture, the only non-clears who could absolutely not claim DP D4 are the ones not on your list, you and Percy.

bozotheclown

#4362 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:01 pm

As I said, xorxes will be confirmed either way on D7, but before then please do not let him lead any lynches, so far he has led lynches on emc and Vapor, tried to lynch ItsHosuke, forced Foxcastle to claim, and tried to avoid lynching Chaqa.

xorxes

#4363 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:54 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:47 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Why would I be interesting in knowing that when I was not the DP? No one else claimed they would DP Chaqa, so it was irrelevant.
Because if you are town, Chaqa would not have known that you were not the DP, so you might have used that to test his claim in some way.
By fake claiming DP? Even if Chaqa would have been notified, he would just deny it, and it would not have told me anything. Even if I had thought of what you are suggesting, I would have had no interest in fake claiming DP, there could have been a real DP to CC and get me mislynched.
I'm not suggesting you had to fakeclaim DP. I would have been curious to know whether the Lover was notified of the DP's visist or not, for example. I was curious enough to ask in the thread about whether he would be safe or not but not curious enough to ask the GMs at that time. It should have been a warning sign that Chaqa didn't say anything about it either but I admit I forgot about the issue until I was examining the DP claims now.

xorxes

#4364 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:06 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:01 pm
As I said, xorxes will be confirmed either way on D7, but before then please do not let him lead any lynches, so far he has led lynches on emc and Vapor, tried to lynch ItsHosuke, forced Foxcastle to claim, and tried to avoid lynching Chaqa.
Including itsHosuke there is malicious. I knew for a fact he could not be mislynched.

Also I didn't "lead" emc's or Vapor's lynches, but I'll take my part of the responsibility for those.

xorxes

#4365 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Your analysis of DP claims in just conjecture, the only non-clears who could absolutely not claim DP D4 are the ones not on your list, you and Percy.
Right, but Espresso's conjecture relies on nobody in the scumteam being able to claim DP. Since nobody at all (except potentially flash, but only if bo is town) was able to claim DP. That means that the conjecture doesn't clear anyone (except maybe flash). What it does provide is a credible explanation for why they needed to counterclaim something. The only other option was for one of them to make a DP claim with little credibility.

I don't really want to defend Percy because he is not doing anything towny and seems to just be relying on his claim for survival, so you might very well be correct that he is scum. I still think waiting for him to produce his scan was the right call even if he does end up being scum. The problem we now have is that if they let him live and produce a scan we may not have a mislynch to spare in order to test it. But that's something to worry about after we sort the counterclaims.

xorxes

#4366 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:31 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Including itsHosuke there is malicious. I knew for a fact he could not be mislynched.

Also I didn't "lead" emc's or Vapor's lynches, but I'll take my part of the responsibility for those.
Also, outing Fox has not proved detrimental to town. Both masons are still alive and if he had not been outed we would still be debating whether Hosuke was scum or town. If the outing hadn't happened D2 it would have happened D3. Plus, you don't give me any credit for saving damo.

So all in all, your trying to discredit me is scummy.

Percy Williams

#4367 Post by Percy Williams » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:09 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:33 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:23 pm

So for this theory to be possible, Espresso or foodcoats would have to be locked into claiming DP, so it would support Percy's claim being fake.
Sorry, how does this relate to Percy?
For this theory to be correct, all of the scum would have to be unable to claim DP. We know Chaqa could not claim DP, so one possibility is Percy, you, Espresso, and foodcoats are scum. Another possibility is Percy, you, Espresso, and bo_sox are scum, and stuck with BP and DP to claim. There are probably other possibilities, but most of them likely include Percy.
Why do you think Xorxes, Bo_sox, Espresso, and foodcoats is unlikely? This doesn't disprove my claim specifically in anyway, it plants equal suspicion on all claims ( before the moment he's talking about that is)

Foxcastle

#4368 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:56 pm

xorxes wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

That’s silly. I seriously considered letting him swing to keep myself hidden.

xorxes

#4369 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:35 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:56 pm
xorxes wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

That’s silly. I seriously considered letting him swing to keep myself hidden.
That would have been your fault then, not mine.

xorxes

#4370 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:44 pm

In case I die tonight (unlikely but not impossible):

worcej needs to explain why he softed Oracle when he was the counterwagon to Vapor. Jamiet needs to explain why this didn't bother him.

I think both Tracker claims are fake because the scumteam seemed not to be concerned about there being a Tracker. On N3, potential tracker!damo was neither killed nor roleblocked, while the roleblocker and the killer went out and exposed themselves to being tracked. I don't believe the scumteam could possibly have thought that Vapor was the Tracker while having no concern that damo might be.

Based on all of this my current bet is dargo, Espresso, worcej, Jamiet.

I may change my mind if I'm still alive tomorrow.

xorxes

#4371 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:45 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:44 pm
In case I die tonight (unlikely but not impossible):

worcej needs to explain why he softed Oracle when he was the counterwagon to Vapor. Jamiet needs to explain why this didn't bother him.

I think both Tracker claims are fake because the scumteam seemed not to be concerned about there being a Tracker. On N3, potential tracker!damo was neither killed nor roleblocked, while the roleblocker and the killer went out and exposed themselves to being tracked. I don't believe the scumteam could possibly have thought that Vapor was the Tracker while having no concern that damo might be.

Based on all of this my current bet is dargo, Espresso, worcej, Jamiet.

I may change my mind if I'm still alive tomorrow.
N2, not N3

xorxes

#4372 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:49 pm

And in case anyone is interested:

Nothing would happen if the DP targeted the Lover. Neither would find out.

Also, if the Vig shot the Bulletproof then a shot would have been noted by the GMs in the thread.

Nephthys

#4373 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:00 pm

PHASE HAS ENDED PLEASE HOLD

Nephthys

#4374 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Things were getting desperate. While coming off their recent success in (somehow?) getting rid of the least threatened species in the world they realised it wasn’t enough. Luckily, they had one more plan to fall back on. No one really wanted to do but there was little else to do. The only way to win this war was through all out war.

The dugong, one of the prolific scholars of the emu war, had read up on the tactical formation used by the emus the resoundingly destroy the Australians. With nothing more than a raging desire to protect his family and every other family, he set the wheels in motion.

The first stop was to secure arms. Using the butterflies as the worlds best carrier-pigeons (real pigeons died out 15 years ago) the word was spread. Things were finally happening.

All he needed was a prophecy, approaching the lair of the great octopus he sought the knowledge that could save the Earth. All he found was a lifeless corpse.

Tom Bombadil has died, he was the OCTOPUS, the VOTE STEALER.

DAY 5 HAS BEGUN, YOU MAY NOW POST

xorxes

#4375 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:04 pm

RIP Tom. What a lonely EON.

Percy Williams

#4377 Post by Percy Williams » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:07 pm

XD Great Emu war reference! :lol:

Percy Williams

#4378 Post by Percy Williams » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:09 pm

##Vote Bozotheclown
But I think EP is scum in the tracker claims battle. Dargo's counter claim felt a lot more genuine to me.

worcej

#4379 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:11 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:01 am
@Worcej, did you or did you not soft Oracle?
I did try to soft it to try to draw the NK. I also wanted to show that I didn’t mind being mislynched early, which is true. As one of the few VTs in this setup, I felt my job was to protect PRs any way possible. Sacrificing myself is one way to do this.

worcej

#4380 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:58 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:21 pm
So if darg flips scum, you think EP should still be the next lynch?
Since dargorygel is not the cow, him counterclaiming the real tracker makes even less sense. Maybe that means they are both scum, but I think Espresso should be lynched first.
Not that it matters, but I am more leaning EP as the scum between him and darg.

Ultimately, it is on Fox/Hosuke. If we are wrong, we just lynch the other. Getting Chaqa bought us time.