Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#3821 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:33 pm

##GM NOTE: game will continue.

Durga

#3822 Post by Durga » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Jesus. Our safest bet is probably to lynch rdr and then bozo.

I'm really conflicted on ND.

Agh. I'm just straight conflicted!

worcej

#3823 Post by worcej » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:29 pm
Durga wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:22 pm
Way too easy for scum to hide in massive games full of idiots. We mislynch half the time because people don't know how to speak English.
This setup struck me as scum favored going into it, which was exciting to me FWIW.
The set up is pretty balanced.
I thought in inclusion of the millers made the cop significantly weaker than normal, especially with the latge count.

Durga

#3824 Post by Durga » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:42 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:40 pm
Durga wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:29 pm
This setup struck me as scum favored going into it, which was exciting to me FWIW.
The set up is pretty balanced.
I thought in inclusion of the millers made the cop significantly weaker than normal, especially with the latge count.
Yeah sure. Didn't matter in this case because unfortunately our cop was xorxes and he dies early always.

ND

#3825 Post by ND » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm conflicted on you too Durga.

Obviously I am in a unique situation to think about what happened. I know I'm not scum. The wagons were town v town. There wasn't a counter. No need because once those two wagons formed up the scum knew that they would be lynching town so they could sit back. We had quite a few non-talkative players during EOD. That speaks to complacency.

Durga tried to figure it out D7. I see that in her questions even though I thought at times she seemed un-genuine. That point aside for now. Yet, she guaranteed a kill. A tie would have guaranteed another phase and arguably could have been good for the scum team. They would get a NK and then could re-center the focus again on Flash-ND and guarantee their victory D8. Of course it gives town one more day to figure it out. With the way we have been playing though I doubt it would have been anything other than Flash vs. me. Very speculative here.

Durga's vote I think is actually town indicative coupled with her being engaged and actually trying to figure it out makes me want to rule her out. I'm trying to reason this out though. I just don't know.

No one else switched though. No other wagon's formed. Nothing moved. I'm thinking our scum team have to be in those complacent players especially the inactive ones. But, I don't know. I am very, just, puzzled I guess.

Durga

#3826 Post by Durga » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:50 pm

You are not still fucking unsure on me. Are you joking?

ND

#3827 Post by ND » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Not joking. there is a lot to unpack here. Gun to my head, at this very moment, you aren't scum. But, I really need to think about this in-depth.

Durga

#3828 Post by Durga » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Whatever. Can all of town just promise me that rdr is going to be lynched tomorrow

Durga

#3829 Post by Durga » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:25 pm

@nd how do you feel about the fact that rdr sheeped you onto me and then sheeped you into flash.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3830 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Well, I was wrong about Flash and Ghug is scum (otherwise the game would have ended). I really suck at this.
I think town already lost the game because you will lynch me before Durga, but I will at least try to put a fight. For the record, I think Ghug partners are Durga and Bozo ( by POE).

@Durga - Why you are automatically town after Flash flip?

Durga

#3831 Post by Durga » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:02 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:50 pm
Well, I was wrong about Flash and Ghug is scum (otherwise the game would have ended). I really suck at this.
I think town already lost the game because you will lynch me before Durga, but I will at least try to put a fight. For the record, I think Ghug partners are Durga and Bozo ( by POE).

@Durga - Why you are automatically town after Flash flip?
Because I'm the only person actually putting effort into this game where we are losing. So please, shut up. But by all means, keep me alive tonight if you think you can get me mislynched. I'd love to keep playing.

And tell me why POE leads to me and Bozo. Why not ND? What glorious town tell did ND give you over me and Bozo?

Durga

#3832 Post by Durga » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:03 am

Sorry I didn't mean to tell you to shut up I actually like you as a human being. I'm just frustrated.

Durga

#3833 Post by Durga » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:09 am

ND wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:31 am
And yeah, my read on Damo was stronger then my meta read on Jamie. If you re-read D1 or my posts from D1 you will see what I was thinking at the time.

I appreciate the line of questioning, but I don't think you are being fair and I don't think your most recent line was genuine. Saying I just agreed with Squigs on Damo D1. That's simply not true. I know that there have been almost two hundred pages of this, but it's not hard to re-read what I said.

You being un-genuine in this just goes back to my broader point about your play. It's not genuine.

I really don't think Durga is town. There is a chance I'm wrong on Ghug, but I am convinced. I think Flash is better though, but mark my words Durga is not town.
yeah actually lynch rdr and ND and we should win

*i really dont think durga is town*
*mark my words durga is not town*
man it really went from reasonable probability to beyond a reasonable doubt in one line

Durga

#3834 Post by Durga » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:10 am

ghug subtly pushed me off rdr when i was pushing rdr today thx ghuggles

Durga

#3835 Post by Durga » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:22 am

4 people mentioned that they were almost/or were certain that xorx had a guilty scan on ezio: RHK, ghug, ND, bozo

ND

#3836 Post by ND » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:22 am

Just because someone put's in 'effort' doesn't mean they are town. It may be a town indicator, but you know scum can play that game. So, anytime someone run's around saying 'look at me I put in effort I'm not scum hehe' it kind of gives me a chill. Anyway, beside the point. I don't think it's RD.

I think it has to be Ghug and probably someone who was complacent: Bozo or RD and then we have either Worcej or Durga.

I think it has to be Ghug, Bozo, Worcej. Is that likely? Ugh. I don't know. Conflict.

And for all of you still tunneling me. Just pretend I don't exist for the sake of this argument. Just, I'm not here so who are your three scum reads apart from me (because I'm not scum) Do one with me in it and do one without me in it if you want, but please think about this game on one level factoring in that I'm not scum. If you don't then it's GG.

ND

#3837 Post by ND » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:27 am

What's with this fascination about static reads, like you have to keep a game spanning static read to be town? I don't get the logic. Just because someone change's their read based on you know statements, votes, etc it means they are scum? That's beyond ridiculous.

Durga

#3838 Post by Durga » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:28 am

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:27 am
What's with this fascination about static reads, like you have to keep a game spanning static read to be town? I don't get the logic. Just because someone change's their read based on you know statements, votes, etc it means they are scum? That's beyond ridiculous.
You changed the probability of my scumminess in the same line. It was funny

Durga

#3839 Post by Durga » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:29 am

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:22 am
Just because someone put's in 'effort' doesn't mean they are town. It may be a town indicator, but you know scum can play that game. So, anytime someone run's around saying 'look at me I put in effort I'm not scum hehe' it kind of gives me a chill. Anyway, beside the point. I don't think it's RD.

I think it has to be Ghug and probably someone who was complacent: Bozo or RD and then we have either Worcej or Durga.

I think it has to be Ghug, Bozo, Worcej. Is that likely? Ugh. I don't know. Conflict.

And for all of you still tunneling me. Just pretend I don't exist for the sake of this argument. Just, I'm not here so who are your three scum reads apart from me (because I'm not scum) Do one with me in it and do one without me in it if you want, but please think about this game on one level factoring in that I'm not scum. If you don't then it's GG.
You're actually in a fantastic position to know the truth if you're town. Me, worcej and bo are obvtown. it should be easy for you to figure out the other two given this.

ND

#3840 Post by ND » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:30 am

At the time of writing that I was conflicted about you and I thought you fit. As I have said now I find it improbable that you are scum.