Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#941 Post by Vecna » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:31 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:22 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:21 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:14 pm

Wadda you think of rdr? Well, as a scum... I do not care what you think of him personally.
Meta wise, over time rdr has had man many scummetashifts. He has not stood out this game with any profound utterances... has not said anything scum-smelling. But, after our pool is emptied... he might be worth considering. Or am I forgetting some shocking obviously town thing he said?
I dont know why, but I just sheeped Kgray's opinion on him. I used to be able to read Rdrivera pretty well, I think, but he just feels less present in most games recently and he hasnt rolled scum almost as long as me.

Its possible, but I have no idea how im gonna get a read on him
You sheeped me based on my comment about his reaction to the EOD? Where else did I give a read of Rivera?
Didnt you say somewhere that he was just doing standard rdrivera town things?

I remember someone saying it and going "yeah thats probably right". Thought it was you.

lfischl

#942 Post by lfischl » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:32 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:31 pm
lfischl wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:28 pm
Vecna you might be on to something about bona being anxious after brain was killed.
Which quotes make you think he was anxious?
Just how he reacted to brain being killed. I didn't think of it at the time but it makes sense.

Jamiet99uk

#943 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:33 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:30 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
kgray wrote:

You have refused to address the issues with you case on me, so you continued insistence that I'm scum is scummy af.
"Refused" is rather a strong word.
Fucking answer my questions then.
I've addressed the one about whether I accused you of having no reason for your Damo vote, or just a really weak, thin reason (it was the latter).

I see a question about why I didn't hassle other people for naked voting. I can get to that, sure.

What else was there?

Bonatogether

#944 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:34 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:15 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:14 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:10 pm

Oh... because absolutely in no way would ANY player ever do something as scum with other scum in the game that they have never done before.
Unless you think I've changed my scum game a lot in a few weeks, this doesn't make sense.
lol
Really? It doesn't make sense? Indeed you might change your scum game in a few weeks. You might change it in mid sentence. Bona, meta is not everything. :-)
But it is a lot

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#945 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:34 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:31 pm
kgray wrote:
Vecna wrote:

I dont know why, but I just sheeped Kgray's opinion on him. I used to be able to read Rdrivera pretty well, I think, but he just feels less present in most games recently and he hasnt rolled scum almost as long as me.

Its possible, but I have no idea how im gonna get a read on him
You sheeped me based on my comment about his reaction to the EOD? Where else did I give a read of Rivera?
Didnt you say somewhere that he was just doing standard rdrivera town things?

I remember someone saying it and going "yeah thats probably right". Thought it was you.
I don't think it was me. The only alignment-indicative thing I've found from Rivera was his reaction to the flips. But I think he'd also probably buddy me really well if he were scum, and he's not doing that, and I do think he's just doing standard Rivera town things... But I agree, I don't know how to get a better read on him. I wish he could mechanically clear himself to me again lol

Bonatogether

#946 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:36 pm

lfischl wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:24 pm
lfischl
We would like to hear wise official thoughts from you. :-)
As I said earlier, I think its between Durga/Kgray

Kgray I find scummy because the Damo wagon was started randomly with no context.

Durga just hasn't done anything useful for town the entire game which makes me think she's scum.

Vecna you might be on to something about bona being anxious after brain was killed.
Vecna is not onto anything

Vecna

#947 Post by Vecna » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:38 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:26 pm
dargorygel wrote:
kgray wrote:

So if Durga flips scum, you think that makes me scum?
Indicative, yes. Wouldn't you say so if you were us?
No. Me wanting to save her has a very obvious NAI basis, but I wouldn't want to tie myself to her that blatantly if she were my partner.

Also, why aren't you (and Jamie) looking at Vecna more, if you think I'm sus for saving her? He was just as big of a factor in damo dying instead of her.

@Vecna why aren't you suspicious that they're not suspicious of you, but you're just letting me take all this heat?
Think back of the argument you used to soothe me in a previous game. Some level of suspicion keeps the doctor away. Theres no way youre going to get killed over it.

Besides, I dont think any of the people pushing you are actually scum atm. And most of em think were scum together, so we just kill scum today and its all good.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#948 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:33 pm
kgray wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

"Refused" is rather a strong word.
I've addressed the one about whether I accused you of having no reason for your Damo vote, or just a really weak, thin reason (it was the latter).

I see a question about why I didn't hassle other people for naked voting. I can get to that, sure.

What else was there?
You're really going to stand behind your claim that damo's vote was a really weak, thin reason for me to vote him?

You're not going to admit that your case is based on me not questioning him, but that I *did* in fact question him?

You're not going to question Vecna for also saving Durga, when apparently you think she and I are partners because I saved her, but Vecna also saved her?

Jamiet99uk

#949 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:39 pm

So let me address Kgray asking me "Why are you not questioning other people's naked votes?"

The only other naked votes on D1 that I can remember were:

- Vecna voting for me, which he did justify before and after.

- Brainbomb voting for Bozo. This happened after I went offline for the evening. Brainbomb is now dead and was town.

So there's your answer.

Why are you, Kgray, trying to diminsh my case by implying there were lots of other naked votes? Because I don't think there were.

Vecna

#950 Post by Vecna » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:41 pm

lfischl wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:24 pm
lfischl
We would like to hear wise official thoughts from you. :-)
As I said earlier, I think its between Durga/Kgray

Kgray I find scummy because the Damo wagon was started randomly with no context.

Durga just hasn't done anything useful for town the entire game which makes me think she's scum.

I actually stated the exact opposite about Bona. He seemed super calm and convinced that noone was gonna think it was him of the 5.

Vecna

#951 Post by Vecna » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Like, I mightve been annoyed about him questioning me over the jamiet thing and the weird way he did it, but I still think he's town.

Jamiet99uk

#952 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:42 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
kgray wrote:

What else was there?
You're really going to stand behind your claim that damo's vote was a really weak, thin reason for me to vote him?

You're not going to admit that your case is based on me not questioning him, but that I *did* in fact question him?

You're not going to question Vecna for also saving Durga, when apparently you think she and I are partners because I saved her, but Vecna also saved her?
You yourself said you didn't have a good explanation for your vote on Damo, when you were initially pressed for an explanation about it. Those were your words. Why did you say that, at the time, then? Were you just pretending?

I have questioned Vecna extensively, including with regard to his interactions with and thoughts about Durga, and you. Vecna is at position 3 in my ranking of the pool of 5 people in Group 1.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#953 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:43 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:38 pm
kgray wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

Indicative, yes. Wouldn't you say so if you were us?
No. Me wanting to save her has a very obvious NAI basis, but I wouldn't want to tie myself to her that blatantly if she were my partner.

Also, why aren't you (and Jamie) looking at Vecna more, if you think I'm sus for saving her? He was just as big of a factor in damo dying instead of her.

@Vecna why aren't you suspicious that they're not suspicious of you, but you're just letting me take all this heat?
Think back of the argument you used to soothe me in a previous game. Some level of suspicion keeps the doctor away. Theres no way youre going to get killed over it.

Besides, I dont think any of the people pushing you are actually scum atm. And most of em think were scum together, so we just kill scum today and its all good.
No, they think Durga and I are scum together and aren't scumreading you. If Durga flips scum and all these people you townread think that makes me scum, then yeah, I might get killed over it. Or are you going to stick out your neck for me again?

Vecna

#954 Post by Vecna » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:45 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:43 pm
Vecna wrote:
kgray wrote:

No, they think Durga and I are scum together and aren't scumreading you. If Durga flips scum and all these people you townread think that makes me scum, then yeah, I might get killed over it. Or are you going to stick out your neck for me again?
Have you ever seen a game where I let my townreads die?

Vecna

#955 Post by Vecna » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:46 pm

Besides, convincing Jamiet is not a super-power that I have mastered yet. And I think its futile to start trying now, after ive been tunneling him for most of the game.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#956 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
So let me address Kgray asking me "Why are you not questioning other people's naked votes?"

The only other naked votes on D1 that I can remember were:

- Vecna voting for me, which he did justify before and after.

- Brainbomb voting for Bozo. This happened after I went offline for the evening. Brainbomb is now dead and was town.

So there's your answer.

Why are you, Kgray, trying to diminsh my case by implying there were lots of other naked votes? Because I don't think there were.
lfischl followed you onto Durga with a naked vote. I haven't checked the bot to look for others.

It's impossibly frustrating that you're saying Vecna's naked vote was justified before and after, when I *also* gave reasons for my damo vote before and after.

The naked vote thing isn't the biggest issue I have with your case, but I don't see why you think a naked vote is scummy in the first place. And my vote wasn't without reason. It's also incredible that you think I go that far out of my way to save my scumbuddy Durga to kill damo unless you also think bozo is our teammate. I guess that's wifom though.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#957 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:42 pm
kgray wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

What else was there?

You yourself said you didn't have a good explanation for your vote on Damo, when you were initially pressed for an explanation about it. Those were your words. Why did you say that, at the time, then? Were you just pretending?

I have questioned Vecna extensively, including with regard to his interactions with and thoughts about Durga, and you. Vecna is at position 3 in my ranking of the pool of 5 people in Group 1.
It was D1... You were my strongest scumread and I had concrete reasons for it, and it was more gut with damo. I wanted to see what happened.

Do you think Vecna, Durga and I are all scum together?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#958 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:45 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:43 pm
Vecna wrote:

Have you ever seen a game where I let my townreads die?
Only after you get NK'd :razz:

Jamiet99uk

#959 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:56 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:48 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
lfischl followed you onto Durga with a naked vote. I haven't checked the bot to look for others.
Incorrect. Ifischl quoted my post about Durga's bad attitude and doing nothing to help town, so that wasn't a naked vote.

Jamiet99uk

#960 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:58 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Do you think Vecna, Durga and I are all scum together?
No, but I think it's entirely likely there are two scum in the pool of 5.