MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#601 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:58 pm

anyway I apologize
I shall assume you are telling the truth and somehow dont even know or care when the games begin.

not trying to say ogi stuff. I did read the revised rules and such; so my bad

Bonatogether

#602 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:58 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:57 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:55 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:52 pm

I want your votes to match your suspicions, si vous plait
i'm just asking questions here. what do you think?
I think you could use a little more direction in your questions if this is all we’re getting

Also aren’t you in class?
you're avoiding answering my question

i am but it ends in 2 minutes

brainbomb

#603 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:00 pm

Chaqa wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
also how are you on the mafia council and you dont even know when the games start? dont you have to approve the start times for the games to even happen?

the fuck is wrong with you
sure am glad i stayed in this game and didn't back out
cry me a river

for fucks sake man

President Eden

#604 Post by President Eden » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:01 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

i'm just asking questions here. what do you think?
I think you could use a little more direction in your questions if this is all we’re getting

What question, what do I think?

BK3K

#605 Post by BK3K » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:02 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:53 pm
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:51 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:52 pm
i want to talk to bishkek 3000 again
I get that.

What do you want to know?
who can you distinguish between so far
To be honest, Its hard to keep every apart in my head as I don't know any of you. I feel like to me its mostly felt like fluff but somehow people are fighting over what it all means.

Koala's tone stands out so maybe its bad to vote for him. I'm trying to be more mindful of reading the user name of each post and assign thoughts/comments to individual people, rather than shitpost chaos

Bonatogether

#606 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:04 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:01 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
President Eden wrote:

the implied question of why your actions regarding your suspicions, townreads, and justifications are incongruous

President Eden

#607 Post by President Eden » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:05 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:04 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:01 pm
Bonatogether wrote:

the implied question of why your actions regarding your suspicions, townreads, and justifications are incongruous
They aren’t.

Man that was easy

Bonatogether

#608 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:08 pm

BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:02 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:51 pm

I get that.

What do you want to know?
To be honest, Its hard to keep every apart in my head as I don't know any of you. I feel like to me its mostly felt like fluff but somehow people are fighting over what it all means.

Koala's tone stands out so maybe its bad to vote for him. I'm trying to be more mindful of reading the user name of each post and assign thoughts/comments to individual people, rather than shitpost chaos
i wouldn't call it fluff inasmuch as things of unknown utility. most of it is probably useless but some of it might help solve the game later. are you excited to do some rereads?

why is distinctiveness a trait that you feel shouldn't be voted for?

BK3K

#609 Post by BK3K » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:19 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:08 pm
BK3K wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

i wouldn't call it fluff inasmuch as things of unknown utility. most of it is probably useless but some of it might help solve the game later. are you excited to do some rereads?

generally speaking, I don't think thats a good or bad thing. But as a person who does no know you guys, I feel like I'd have an easier time knowing what was going on if I could tell you apart.

brainbomb

#610 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:28 pm

Chaqa now that im not annoyed anymore let me ask you this same question three ways

do you feel that ignorance in a mafia game is a towntell?

do you believe that people post alot and it is perfectly normal to be overwhelmed at missing tons of pages of
content?

do you feel it is normal to sign up for something and then not be excited
for it to start and not even have a clue when it begins and not care about missing tons of pages of content - thus its perfectly acceptable to show up very late and totally behind and be taken aback?

brainbomb

#611 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:32 pm

mafia games are fun but they do have a certain level of accepted responsibility to be punctual and present. if you want to be respected be around and be early and be present.
its like a job interview.
show us you give a shit.

even if you dont.
even if you arent town the point is that you should want us to think you care.

there is nothing more annoying in this world than people who act dumb and oblivious, who are always late, who dont read, dont care, and think its everyone elses problem.

brainbomb

#612 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:36 pm

rant over

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#613 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:32 pm
mafia games are fun but they do have a certain level of accepted responsibility to be punctual and present. if you want to be respected be around and be early and be present.
show us you give a shit.

even if you dont.

there is nothing more annoying in this world than people who act dumb and oblivious, who are always late, who dont read, dont care, and think its everyone elses problem.
Brain, no one is required to play on your standards. This game have 48 hours phases for a reason, you could easily be not available for long periods of time. As someone that missed the first night in the last two games and almost missed this one too I would say it is totally acceptable to miss it and I don't think I am being disrespectful with the game or with other players. I can't and I won´t post over 100 posts a phase and if this was a requirement I wouldn't have signed.

If you think someone is lurking on purpose or being oblivious because they are scum you just DK them.

Bonatogether

#614 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:41 pm

BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:19 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
BK3K wrote:

generally speaking, I don't think thats a good or bad thing. But as a person who does no know you guys, I feel like I'd have an easier time knowing what was going on if I could tell you apart.
makes sense. are there any other characters you've picked up on?

brainbomb

#615 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:48 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:41 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:32 pm
show us you give a shit.

even if you dont.

Brain, no one is required to play on your standards. This game have 48 hours phases for a reason, you could easily be not available for long periods of time. As someone that missed the first night in the last two games and almost missed this one too I would say it is totally acceptable to miss it and I don't think I am being disrespectful with the game or with other players. I can't and I won´t post over 100 posts a phase and if this was a requirement I wouldn't have signed.

If you think someone is lurking on purpose or being oblivious because they are scum you just DK them.
I understand everyone plays at their own pace. For you this is a conscious choice. You choose not to post a ton, you choose to jump into the game when you want. These are choices based on preference.

being oblivious to games even starting is not a choice its an accident. and wanting us to beleive it was unintentional is where alignment can become relevant. to pretend to forget a game start time is a mafia indicative behavior. to lie about being too overwhelemed is an excuse as mafia to justify not reading.

in your case we know from meta this isnt you lying about knowing a game began. we know this is a decision to play when you feel like it.

we dont know if swords knew when the game actually started but just didnt care because theyre scum

we can probably assume chaqa actually forgot the game started which doesnt really surprise anyone and isnt the main argument

point was being present and active and knowing when a game begins is a good habit to get in.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#616 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:51 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:06 pm
Good morning class.

So far I don’t want to kill brain, Bona, Flum, or the newbies.

ghug is in that space where I want to townread him which means I will probably do a 180 out of nowhere and want to kill him by day 3 8-)

I’m happy with my Boat vote this early, but I’m loosely bothered by the fact that he keeps getting drive-by comments about being scummy from people who aren’t voting him (Bona and Flum come to mind). Haven’t processed what that means yet
Dislike this post.

President Eden

#617 Post by President Eden » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:52 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:51 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:06 pm
Good morning class.

So far I don’t want to kill brain, Bona, Flum, or the newbies.

ghug is in that space where I want to townread him which means I will probably do a 180 out of nowhere and want to kill him by day 3 8-)

I’m happy with my Boat vote this early, but I’m loosely bothered by the fact that he keeps getting drive-by comments about being scummy from people who aren’t voting him (Bona and Flum come to mind). Haven’t processed what that means yet
Dislike this post.
no you don’t

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#618 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:55 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:08 pm
Since bozo isn’t here to do the obvious survey:

If you HAD to shoot right now, who’s getting dayvig’d and why?
Chaqa's not as funny anymore so I like this lfischl plan.

BK3K

#619 Post by BK3K » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:00 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
BK3K wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

Too be completely honest, no. I know bunny is a bit cheeky, and I'm seeing some folks getting a bit ornery, but you guys are mostly not distinct characters yet.

I spent much of yesterday just goofing around yesterday, but it seems like its time to shift gears to actually profiling people.

Do you guys take physical notes or anything like that?

President Eden

#620 Post by President Eden » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:02 pm

BK3K wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:00 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
BK3K wrote:

Too be completely honest, no. I know bunny is a bit cheeky, and I'm seeing some folks getting a bit ornery, but you guys are mostly not distinct characters yet.

I spent much of yesterday just goofing around yesterday, but it seems like its time to shift gears to actually profiling people.

Do you guys take physical notes or anything like that?
it doesn’t hurt. I do sometimes have a Notepad window open. Nothing super in-depth, but especially if you’re struggling to keep names and posts straight, maybe that would help.