Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#421 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 am

GM NOTE:

Tom Bombadil has agreed to sub into the game as Canada on the condition he must wear a hockey mask the entire time while he plays.

Vecna

#422 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:29 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:18 pm
In that case, Vecna, why did you choose to claim today, when you also seem to think anyone who believes your claim is a fool?

What's the point in making a claim you don't expect people to believe?
Im going to ignore your questions when their cause is only your own inability to read properly.

Vecna

#423 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:50 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:27 am
Im just gonna ensure my survival by fullclaiming.

Im persia. Ancient era deathproof.

there you have it scum. If you wanna get rid of my awesomeness, you have to do it by admitting that im just that much of a pain in your buttcrack. Not because im potentially some dangerous PR. Because im not.

Now you guys can scurry in here and discuss how scummy I am for claiming this stuff. Or you can shoot me (only this era <3) to confirm my claim. Only to then realize I could still be scum.

Stuff to talk about. Hurray.

Go

If you are really Persia and town, claiming it is not helpful to town. The proper play would be to try to draw the NK N1, as that is the only town use for your power. Therefore, I believe either your claim is fake or you are not town.
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:06 pm
Here are my only reads at present that are not complete nulls:

Reads to now:

bozotheclown - Slight scum: Has done nothing but ask questions about the setup. Maybe trying to look involved without giving anything up.

CrimsonFox - Odd newb but giving a "clueless new scum" vibe.

Jamiet99uk - Town.

LordQuas - Scum: Depth-charging and making false claims.

ND - Slight scum. Has been present but avoiding any contribution. Standard shady ND. Also a cultural fascist. Sad!

Nephthys - Town.

Squigs44 - Slight town but that's just instinct and vibe. Need to see more.

Vecna - Slight town but damn he's annoying.

xorxes - Scum, hunting for Town PRs, yuck.
5 out of 8 is a high percentage of scum reads, at that rate it would give you 12 scum out of 19.
So you read the thread, comment on my post that youre a lurker, and then take another 45 minutes to handpick these posts, and write these artificial replies to them?

This is scum Bozo.

Vecna

#424 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:36 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 pm
I concur with Bozo. I no longer believe Vecna's claim.
Vecna has a history of making fake claims on D1.

##VOTE VECNA

If he is lying (most likely outcome on reflection) we lynch a liar.

If he is telling the truth (less likely outcome on reflection) he is probably scum, and we can shoot or lynch him tomorrow.

If he is telling the truth and is town (least likely outcome) we have a townclear who can help us tonight and tomorrow.
How would he be a townclear?
Oh, you're right. He wouldn't necessarily. Well observed Guhg, thanks.

FWIW, I am not married.
Oh geez, would this maybe be the point I was trying to make before?

My claim doesnt mean shit. Yet, you made the argument that I would be able to play it as town, thus you believe me and I am town. Circular logic where you only justify your outcome, but not the means of getting there. I know youre not gonna understand a word im typing here regardless, because youre a special type of potato, but thats fine.

At least your mental specialness is 100% inline with how you reason as town, so theres that.

Vecna

#425 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 am

Ezio wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:46 pm
Ok guys. I've read my role pm and have absolutely no idea what my alignment is. Anyone have any tips?
Try not reading it and letting people know

Vecna

#426 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:21 pm
##CALL GM

Does everyone's role PM tell them what their alignment is?
Oh, never mind. It worked already.

Vecna

#427 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:38 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:42 pm
Ezio wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:46 pm
Ok guys. I've read my role pm and have absolutely no idea what my alignment is. Anyone have any tips?
That could have been addressed with a private GM question.
gtfouta here.

Bozo is scrounging for stuff to write guys. Notice it and lynch.

Vecna

#428 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:39 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:15 pm
Anyone else bothered about Ezio blatantly lying about his PM?
Ghug, do you think this type of shit is ever fakeable?

Vecna

#429 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:40 am

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:20 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:31 am
Statistically speaking, Rdrivera is very likely to be scum.

If we look at the sample size of him being scum, we see that the n of him being scum over town is very high. If we use this sample size to then deduce the population probability of him being scum, we have to deduce that he is actually a marvel in that he supercedes all logic, and has his own population density function that is just completely different from the rest of us. Statistics dictates he is like 74% likely to be scum here, I did the math.

##vote Rdrivera.
Highly entertaining (if somewhat deviant)
ba-dum tssh?

Jamiet99uk

#430 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:41 am

Can anyone else hear some kind of quacking sound?

Vecna

#431 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:42 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:54 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:36 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:22 pm
Sorry for my lack of activity thus far, I'm at my childhood home and we're doing Christmas today since I wasn't here for actual Christmas. I've also been debating if I was going to claim my role or just let it expire. I am the day 1 day vig. I'm thinking about shooting Rdr, maybe Vecna. I might shoot whoever is in first with a couple hours left so we'll basically get a second lynch. I dunno yet...
I would kindly ask you not to shoot me D1 and neither Vecna (he claimed D1 Bulletproof). If you are shooting, shoot whoever you think is scum but with some time to people use the info.
On a second thought maybe shooting Vecna isn't that bad idea if you don't have a good scum read. We can verify his claim at least.
Thats a yikes from me dog

Vecna

#432 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 am

ND wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:02 pm
Jamie seems like he's jumped the shark twice over with his rabid performance so far.

But, idk he is, after all, a angry and insane person IRL so who's to say really. He is also a cultural marxist.

I skimmed this pretty quick though but will continue to dredge up slimy posts to try and figure some of this out.
Have you donated to the wall-fund yet? Have you petitioned Mexico to donate yet?

Vecna

#433 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:23 pm
On the road home from a weekend trip to family.

Looks like normal aggro Jamie, and I fully believe his giant GM call at game start is a town tell, he could have done all of that in private instead, though that can turn into wifom.

Ghug claiming he’s more important than he likely really is, but it’s not fully alignment indicative.

Quas came out swinging for the biggest dog in the yard and got a pitfight in return. I’m leaning scum but adjusting to Null because I have a terrible fucking habit of lynching new (to site, at least) townies.

Crimson on the other hand, comes in the fool but smarcks up really quick. It just feels so fucking odd. Again, I seem too eager to lynch new to webdip mafia players but I can’t shake it.

Neph’s giant post on +1s is townie as hell and I think the whole forgetting a role is even a townslip.

Vecna loves trolling us, and I think this claim will turn into a reaction test. Frankly, the role claimed is so low power I don’t even think we give a fuck at the moment.

Lots of anchors and lurks, Ezio, ND, Fox, others I’m not recalling at the moment.

Prelim ##Vote Crimson
Note to self; probably do not try to lynch this guy this game

Vecna

#434 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:45 pm
So is anyone else bothered by Jamie's being bothered by Ezio's lying?

Dear Jamie, how the fuck is a lie like that inherently scummy? You aren't dumb enough to do this game after game, so either you're scum, or you're pushing an agenda instead of playing to your win condition. Which is it?
The previous 40 games or so are in disagreement with this statement though.

Jamiet99uk

#435 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:48 am

Hello Vecna

RagingIke says he has a gun. Who do you think he should zap?

Ghug says he has two guns. Why does he exist?

Vecna

#436 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:06 pm
My vote stays on Ezio until he gives a very good explanation as to why he lied.

I don't give a crap what Ghug and Vecna have to say. Their egos are so large their judgement is fatally flawed.
What had I even said about Ezio at this point? You were gonna realize I was obviously gonna note he was trolling the shit out of you, and would approve?

Because....yeah....duh

Its totally NAI. But funny as shit.

Jamiet99uk

#437 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 am

Is anyone else bothered by Ghug being bothered by me being bothered by Ezio's lying?

Nephthys

#438 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 am
My plan currently is to persuade Ike to shoot and kill Ghug.

Do you like it?
I actually do at this stage, if you note I suggested the same thing ~20mins before you did. I think Ghug is quite likely scum but if town he provides some solid information.

That being said the level he panicked after we suggested he got shot makes me pretty happy to shoot him. To the point where I would be happy to take the blame should it go wrong.

Nephthys

#439 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 am

Also Jamie, calm down on the karma, you could nearly have given Vecna a power if he has one. For that matter, can everyone calm down on it, three of us should not have 4 or more on day one.... all we can gain right now is a tree stump while possible giving rise to a Godfather.

Nephthys

#440 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:57 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 am
Jesus Christ Jamie, how are you this fucking stupid? I honestly don't understand how someone able to string sentences together can be this beholden to their emotions and completely unaware of it. You make Kanye look well put together and thoughtfully introspective.

##VOTE Nephthys

It really irks me that he didn't have sensible explanation for his whole +1 thing when I questioned him on it, and yet he's using it to double down on CrimsonFox now. I still don't even understand where the guy was fishing for +1s as opposed to jokeposting, and why he's been called out specifically. His opinions on Jamie and xorxes are more nuanced, but it feels less like legitimate meta reading to me and more like drawing on prior knowledge as a substitute for actual investment in this game.
I was gonna ignore this for the pile of trash that it is but I think one point here is actually quite important.

I am currently the third highest poster with the second highest word count. I have attempted discussion with multiple people throughout the course of the day which anyone can see. How is this not "Actual investment in the game"?

Also just curious, how is drawing on prior knowledge not a meta read?

##vote ghug

Ike please shoot this child