MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3781 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:40 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:25 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:21 pm
hardclaims that are lies = death

especially when soft cced like that
That is not urgent, and it does not even have to be D5, since we have one mis-kill left. It is probably better to wait until D6 even if she never come back to post, so have more town votes when trying to find the other mafia.
wdym
Assuming Neon is a mafia we have identified, we have 6 town players looking for the last mafia, where D6 we would only have 5 if we DKed Neon.

bozotheclown

#3782 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:43 pm

PE probably tried to start a wagon on rdrivera knowing he was likely the doctor to try to get him to claim, since rdrivera having to claim under pressure might help Neon win a CC battle.

Princess Neon

#3783 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:48 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:17 pm
I was concerned that was the reason rdrivera was suspecting Neon's claim.

While the obvious conclusion is that the mafia were willing to trade Neon for identifying the doctor, I think we should wait to see if Neon comes back before hammering.
Lmao maybe if RDR didn't make it so obvious that they were the real doctor...

I fake claimed to provide cover for the doctor because A. I'm a slot that is inherently going to get miskilled just because this site has a bias against subs

B. I believed (correctly mind you) that Brainbomb was not lying about being saved and that it would be an easy fake claim to make.

C. I could (hopefully) get mafia to miskill me and provide cover for the real doctor.

I'm town and killing me here is actually pretty bad because Eden was clearly fishing to find out if I was the real doc or not and if I'm wolf they don't need to fish like that. RDR played into the hands of the wolfs by continuing to say how I'm a wolf all phase.

I also think Bozo is a wolf but it's unlikely any one will listen to me so we can start here

##VOTE lfischl

##END

Princess Neon

#3784 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
hardclaims that are lies = death

especially when soft cced like that
Lmao this is really not a good way to play mafia

Princess Neon

#3785 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:50 pm

BK3K wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:24 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:13 pm

Koala's Suspect List Special Addendum:

(0) Princess Neon – the only question I have is, she said she likes hammers, but I still think that "more info = good" ... but maybe this is the time when I finally do my first end vote? Can I please get thoughts on this from other experiences players, especially Bozo?

##VOTE Princess Neon
I think we should at least wait to see if she comes back and posts. It is possible she was fake claiming as town to draw the RB/NK, realizing that she was likely to be a mis-kill eventually anyway.
Why did mafia not shoot her then?
Well possibly because the real doc was super obvious

Princess Neon

#3786 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:43 pm
PE probably tried to start a wagon on rdrivera knowing he was likely the doctor to try to get him to claim, since rdrivera having to claim under pressure might help Neon win a CC battle.
I would have unclaimed the moment that anyone who was at real that of going over claimed doc lmao.

This sites incessant bias against subs doomed me the minute I became one. My previous slot did me no favors. I'm smart enough to realize I'm a miskill town can not afford and I will always be miskilled.

Or

I can claim the save on brainbomb because I believe it's real and I can provide cover to the real doc and hopefully people are smart enough to play along so mafia miskill me instead of town.

bozotheclown

#3787 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:56 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:50 pm
BK3K wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I think we should at least wait to see if she comes back and posts. It is possible she was fake claiming as town to draw the RB/NK, realizing that she was likely to be a mis-kill eventually anyway.
If it was so obvious to you that rdrivera was the real doctor, why did you end D4 voting for him?

Princess Neon

#3788 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:57 pm

I also thought hey and if the mafia try to murder me and the real doc saves me not only can they clear me but we take another kill off and I'll just claim I self healed lol

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3789 Post by Chaqa » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:59 pm

##vote Neon
##end

There is no other choice today, but feel free to discuss other things.

I’ll be around more later. We’re about to eat then finish the one shot

Princess Neon

#3790 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:56 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
BK3K wrote:

If it was so obvious to you that rdrivera was the real doctor, why did you end D4 voting for him?
More cover lol he wasn't going over anyways and he wasn't going asking with the idea to cover himself. The only thing I had left was to vote and hope mafia didn't see what I did. But i think Eden figured it out pretty early on.

bozotheclown

#3791 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:00 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
I would have unclaimed the moment that anyone who was at real that of going over claimed doc lmao.

This sites incessant bias against subs doomed me the minute I became one. My previous slot did me no favors. I'm smart enough to realize I'm a miskill town can not afford and I will always be miskilled.

Or

I can claim the save on brainbomb because I believe it's real and I can provide cover to the real doc and hopefully people are smart enough to play along so mafia miskill me instead of town.
I can see making the claim as town for the reasons you gave. However, the fact that you were a likely DK target also makes is a good play as mafia to out the doctor or try to get a CC DKed first.

Princess Neon

#3792 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:00 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:59 pm
##vote Neon
##end

There is no other choice today, but feel free to discuss other things.

I’ll be around more later. We’re about to eat then finish the one shot
Lmao it's like this site has never seen a town fake claim before

BK3K

#3793 Post by BK3K » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:02 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
BK3K wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

It wasn't too me lmao

Princess Neon

#3794 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:00 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

Or

I can see making the claim as town for the reasons you gave. However, the fact that you were a likely DK target also makes is a good play as mafia to out the doctor or try to get a CC DKed first.
I would never trade my life to try to get a CC. Self meta is gross but I'll give you this. I value my life as mafia more than anyone else. I can talk my way out of a PoE.

Princess Neon

#3795 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:04 pm

BK3K wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:02 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
BK3K wrote:

It wasn't too me lmao
xD I thought it was obvious about the 400th time they said Neon is in my PoE. Chaqa was doing that for a bit too but they pulled off when they went back and realized I doubled down on my claim but RDR never once took me out of PoE or even pretended to believe me.

It was blatant.

KoalaAttack

#3796 Post by KoalaAttack » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:06 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
More cover lol he wasn't going over anyways and he wasn't going asking with the idea to cover himself. The only thing I had left was to vote and hope mafia didn't see what I did. But i think Eden figured it out pretty early on.
Princess Neon wrote:
Wait a second. But Eden died before the Night started, right? And there is no Mafia chat during the day, right?

Can someone please clarify the order in which the processing of the DK happens with regards to Mafia Chat? Am I understanding correctly that the person being killed by the town vote does not get a the chance to say anything to their Mafia teammates (similar to how rdrivera did to the Townies just now)?

If my understanding is correct, this is Suspicious.

BK3K

#3797 Post by BK3K » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:07 pm

I've got to think, this is all nutty

Chaqa, neon, Fisch, tfb

I think both scum are in there. Guaranteed at least one is

Let me think more

bozotheclown

#3798 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:08 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

That may be plausible, but if you are town I would expect you to be more concerned with trying to DK a scum that trying to cover your fake doctor claim by voting for someone you were confident was town.

Princess Neon

#3799 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:08 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:06 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Princess Neon wrote:
Wait a second. But Eden died before the Night started, right? And there is no Mafia chat during the day, right?

Can someone please clarify the order in which the processing of the DK happens with regards to Mafia Chat? Am I understanding correctly that the person being killed by the town vote does not get a the chance to say anything to their Mafia teammates (similar to how rdrivera did to the Townies just now)?

If my understanding is correct, this is Suspicious.
Oh right kinda forgot this site has no mafia day chat... that's so foreign to me.

Meh the plan would've been the plan anyways and I do think it was obvious regardless both what Eden was trying to do and RDR falling into the trap.

KoalaAttack

#3800 Post by KoalaAttack » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:09 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:02 pm
I would never trade my life to try to get a CC. Self meta is gross but I'll give you this. I value my life as mafia more than anyone else. I can talk my way out of a PoE.
Presumably a person who is confident they can talk their way out of being in the PoE should also be confident they can talk their way out of being suspected if caught fake-claiming to be the Doctor, no?

As in, precisely what is transpiring as we speak right now?