Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2461 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:54 am

You know what's the best?

We've gotten scum 2 out of 3 lynches.

Still at pesudo-MYLO no-lynching into LYLO.

Ain't that some shit?

LordQuas

#2462 Post by LordQuas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:05 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:54 am
You know what's the best?

We've gotten scum 2 out of 3 lynches.

Still at pesudo-MYLO no-lynching into LYLO.

Ain't that some shit?
I was feeling the same thing...

LordQuas

#2463 Post by LordQuas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:07 am

I'm kicking myself off the internet for anything but music for the night while I try to desperately finish my islamic readings in time

allahu akbar all

##end in case you decide to but I'm really impartial on the stance

bozotheclown

#2464 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 am

LordQuas wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:22 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:50 am
No lynch gets us a smaller scum pool, but we could end up with 4 non-scum trying to lynch one of three scum, instead of 6 non-scum trying to lynch one of three scum, significantly increasing the influence of scum on the lynch. I do not think the smaller lynch pool is worth the reduced town influence.

##VOTE Foxcastle

If I am wrong and Foxcastle is confirmed as the town doctor, I think the SK will know what to do.
I really dislike this post. Something about the way he's talking about how the "increased scum influence" really pings me, I don't often find town worrying about that as much in EoD as the reduced chances to get a mislynch

Makes sense as scum would be panicking to stop a no lynch at this point
Town should be worried about it. It is hard to lynch a scum when 3 out of 7 are scum.

bozotheclown

#2465 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:19 am

LordQuas wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:22 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:50 am
No lynch gets us a smaller scum pool, but we could end up with 4 non-scum trying to lynch one of three scum, instead of 6 non-scum trying to lynch one of three scum, significantly increasing the influence of scum on the lynch. I do not think the smaller lynch pool is worth the reduced town influence.

##VOTE Foxcastle

If I am wrong and Foxcastle is confirmed as the town doctor, I think the SK will know what to do.
I really dislike this post. Something about the way he's talking about how the "increased scum influence" really pings me, I don't often find town worrying about that as much in EoD as the reduced chances to get a mislynch

Makes sense as scum would be panicking to stop a no lynch at this point
I am also fairly confident all three scum are voting for the no lynch right now.

bozotheclown

#2466 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:38 am

I just realized something that I think provides a good explanation of what is going on. At this point in the game, if one of the scum is the universal backup, it is unlikely they are going to take the jailor power to jail a town Foxcastle, even if he is the town doctor. The best use of the jailor by scum is to jail another scum to protect him from the SK. Foxcastle was a good candidate for the SK to target, so it make sense for the scum to jail him to keep him safe from the SK. Foxcastle claimed being jailed in case he was watched, which would ID the jailor but make Foxcastle look good. This would mean that damo or LordQuas is the universal backup activated by Squigs, probably LordQuas which would explain why he is pushing his unlikely theory of Foxcastle as the SK. LordQuas also tried to discount Squigs +1s meaning anything.

bozotheclown

#2467 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:41 am

This also explains LordQuas starting to push the no lynch when he was at risk of getting lynched over damo.

Durga

#2468 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 am

Hmmm bozo is talking about something other than mechanics... Might be town.

bozotheclown

#2469 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 am

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:09 pm
I'm assuming we can post.

I was jailed.

And now I'm late for dinner and will deal when I'm back.
I think the only way this works is if there is a universal backup, only two people that have hit the 10 mark is Quas (48)/damo (12)

At least one of these has to be scum. A town jailor would not jail fox

##vote damo
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 am
I have only skimmed since EOD now that I'm back, and am about to be done for the day, but I do not understand why scum would jail me and then *not* kill Jamiet. The only thing I can think is that they are worried about Germany (the watcher) being in play, but they then run a significant risk of Jamiet getting a scan off. And that doesn't explain why they would risk implicating Damo or LordQuas as Universal Backup (possibly, though, they thought there was a chance I was lying about saving Jamiet and would try to save Crimson since he was townclear).

The Universal Backup means it's between Damo and Quas, and of those, I ##VOTE DAMO

Also, I still think DemonRHK is scum.

If the watcher saw anything (or should have seen something and didn't), now would be a good time to let us know...
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 pm
##Vote damo

literally no point in voting elsewhere for me, everyone is so sure that they're right that they won't listen to anything anyone else says

this community as a whole has a serious problem with being all too confident about dumb things. Most of you blame GHUG HIMSELF for being the d1 lynch, yeah maybe he could have played harder to stay alive but he was bleeding town and you lynched him mostly cause you didn't like him

now you are coming up with the most hairbrained nonsensical stuff in order to lynch me

Demon, your analysis of roles is very very off. England is confirmed, we DON'T know that the backup is still in play that's a claim, we do know AMERICA is in play though

Barbs don't need to claim vanilla, at this point claiming vanilla would garner more attention. There are plenty of roles that return vanilla for other phases that would still return vanilla, plus they can just boldly claim something else if they are feeling pinned in order to try and disuade suspicion

the game really isn't stacked against us because of the way the fake claims worked (I think the most stacked part is what happened with the lack of protection for this many NKs, doc did not need to delay this long to activate etc), and just because you don't have any idea how to play a game that involves more solving then town of salem doesn't mean it's unfair

I think Foxc is the SK for reasons I've stated before, and I would rather kill someone like Demon today, but I don't think anyone is going to swing for that, and we need the SK alive so it's time to lynch a Vanilla Town

Jamie your "gotcha" on foxc was kinda dumb but he did have a bad reaction to it, but him being scum doesn't make much sense with the NKs, hence why he's SK. It fits perfectly

damo you said you wanted to lynch demon, I'm behind you 100% on that if you want to join

also darg is proooobably scum but I don't really want to touch that today

worce you still haven't been able to muster reasoning for why damo is SK beyond "I FEEL IT AND DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN TO YOU IDIOT" so I think you're probably woofing at this point

my number one nteam is demon/darg/worcej with bozo fitting in to replace one

SK is probably foxc

post game credit town has lost
This could be the scum team trying to mislynch damo.

bozotheclown

#2470 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:03 am

I think this fits better than DemonRHK and RagingIke using their powers the way they did as scum.

Durga

#2471 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:15 am

Is this Mylo

bozotheclown

#2472 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:16 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm
also holy shit guys we're all idiots

##No Lynch it's mylo this gives us the best chance to hit a scum right? We let the SK and wolf NK bring us down to 3v3v1, I'm assuming JK can't target the same person twice right? so we get a guaranteed conf town WITH another scan tonight

this is 100% right every time, SK has a chance to hit the scum, if Foxc really is doc they have to probably kill him or risk their NK getting saved

like this is super super correct
Here I think LordQuas realized that even though damo was ahead in the vote 4-3, Durga and I were the only ones left to vote and we were both likely to vote for him over damo.

bozotheclown

#2473 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:17 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:15 am
Is this Mylo
Not exactly, if we mislynch the SK can still bail us out by killing a scum.

Durga

#2474 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 am

The one thing that irks me about lq was how sensitive he was over my one vote on him. Like seriously majorly triggered

Durga

#2475 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 am

However, I'm not sure about the no lynch thing being scummy.

bozotheclown

#2476 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 am

DemonRHK and worcej, please vote to un-end in case I am right.

bozotheclown

#2477 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:24 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 am
LordQuas would assume you would vote for him over damo since you voted for him yesterday, and he could have reasonably guessed I would vote for him over damo, so he was looking at being lynched 5-4 when he suddenly started pushing the no lynch. I agree the no lynch has some merit, but it is not nearly as clear cut as LordQuas argued.

Durga

#2478 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:25 am

If the night ends 3 - 3 - 1 we don't auto lose right??

Durga

#2479 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:25 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:24 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 am
LordQuas would assume you would vote for him over damo since you voted for him yesterday, and he could have reasonably guessed I would vote for him over damo, so he was looking at being lynched 5-4 when he suddenly started pushing the no lynch. I agree the no lynch has some merit, but it is not nearly as clear cut as LordQuas argued.
Yeah but I only voted for him cuz I had no idea what was going on

Durga

#2480 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:26 am

Then again he's taken it very personally so maybe you're right? But is no lynch really the way he'd get out of this?