MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#2301 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:28 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:25 pm
also rivera will your schedule be difficult soon with carnivale coming up
Maybe, but this year I am not on Carnival. My schedule will be difficult after Tuesday. I am traveling to Cancun for 10 days of deserved vacations.

brainbomb

#2302 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:31 pm

Been wondering about if ghug can just be scum with damo and at end of day 1 ghug was trying to decide if bona would happen then saw the wagon built sufficiently, didnt wanna push chaqa to
make chaqa realize anything, didnt wanna push tfb because ? (dont have an answer as to why)

and saw damo being mentioned repeatedly and figured maybe damo was worth bussing and then it got a little too real too fast and ghug remembers bunny was a favored option among me and flum so he can push bunny and then we end up doing the rest for him and he suddenly realizes he doesnt want to fully own the bunny kill

basically the chaos is all elaborate and just mostly about wifom. maybe its ghug actually just scum with chaqa or tfb and damo is just having a poor towngame.

it could be a combo of that the whole scumteam is just ghug/damo/chaqa/tfb which would be insanely unlucky for the mafia to have ended up
on that situation.

either way ghug is the package I want unwrapped first so we can start to see who else is connected. pretty confident this flips
wolfy wolf

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2303 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:24 pm
Hi all. got a pretty busy day and lots of cleaning to do ahead of my
nephews coming over for a night of video games and board games.

I think koala is still probably town and I dont know why rivera is getting agitatef by him but I dislike the eden wagon and I am really shocked to see so many people always claiming to scumread swords but
no voters ever seem to go there
It was no me that was agitated about Koala. I find his interaction with KB weird but today I had a good grasp on the type of player he is.

Sword have done nothing this game, so you can't really have a scumread on him, we can kill him as a policy, but that's it.

Why you dislike the Eden wagon?

brainbomb

#2304 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:28 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Maybe, but this year I am not on Carnival. My schedule will be difficult after Tuesday. I am traveling to Cancun for 10 days of deserved vacations.
oh fun. I am told that cancun has this big lake that you cant swim
in because it has both sharks and alligators in it. but that its a super fun and beautiful place enjoy!

brainbomb

#2305 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:33 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:24 pm
Hi all. got a pretty busy day and lots of cleaning to do ahead of my
nephews coming over for a night of video games and board games.

I think koala is still probably town and I dont know why rivera is getting agitatef by him but I dislike the eden wagon and I am really shocked to see so many people always claiming to scumread swords but
no voters ever seem to go there
It was no me that was agitated about Koala. I find his interaction with KB weird but today I had a good grasp on the type of player he is.

Sword have done nothing this game, so you can't really have a scumread on him, we can kill him as a policy, but that's it.

Why you dislike the Eden wagon?
I feel like someone on that eden wagon is using that as a hail mary here. maybe damo. doubt all three there are scum but I dont trust that group

brainbomb

#2306 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:35 pm

given what we know about swordsman I would argue the odds are very high they are scum and have studied what types of playstyles tend to perform
best as scum. and the answer is say nothing, do nothing, lurk, lay low and meet minimum requirements. makes it easy to play this way

brainbomb

#2307 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:38 pm

eden talks at length about why player A is scum. and then later he will join the crowd on someone else and just kind of floats along with the consensus. but I dont recall him being a rake. In fact I would say we are all guilty of what ive described above and eden is producing thoughts about
players that if fabricated would have appeared as going through the motions by now. it is hard to do what eden is doing and to stay interested as mafia in doing it in perpetuity

brainbomb

#2308 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:40 pm

I guess the mafia could be bk-lfischl-damo-ghug

and this eden thing is about luring rdrivera onto the only miskill in play

brainbomb

#2309 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:45 pm

Damo
Ghug
BK
lfischl

I really think thats it actually. and I know I had damo and lfischl as town but something about this feels right.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2310 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:13 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:28 pm
brainbomb wrote:
oh fun. I am told that cancun has this big lake that you cant swim
in because it has both sharks and alligators in it. but that its a super fun and beautiful place enjoy!
In fact I will be staying on Playa del Carmen, those big all inclusive resorts and beach parties are not my style.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2311 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:36 pm

Well I'm stuck at an airport in Guadalajara and I haven't slept in 36 hours, so that's fun.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2312 Post by dargorygel » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:21 pm

GM STUFF: Mayonnaise was invented to celebrate a French victory, after France recovered the island of Majorca (pronounced, “Myorca) during what was effectively the War for American Independence. The French Government commissioned a “delightful dessert” from a group of French chemists and chefs. Mayonnaise was the result. Originally, it was sweeter, and served in a bowl as a treat.

Vote Count 2.04
Damo666 (3): TheFlyingBoat, Bonatogether, President Eden
Ghug (3): rdrivera2005, brainbomb, bozotheclown
President Eden (3): damo666, BK3K, lfischl
BK3K (1): KoalaAttack
Lfischl (1): ghug
KoalaAttack (1): Chaqa

It’s a tie!!!!!!!!!!

Swordsman has not voted, nor posted
Around 1 ¾ hours left.

brainbomb

#2313 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:33 pm

##Vote Damo

damo666

#2314 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:38 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:04 pm
Unfortunately I've been roped into something that's likely to take up a big part of the remaining day. I think I'll be able to keep an eye on things and I think I'll be around for EOD, but not sure yet.

I don't think much of anything has changed about the game state. I won't vote rdr, bozo, brain, Bona and probably won't vote BK. damo is my top preference, then ghug, then after that it's a bit hazy. Based on how today has gone I'm pretty confident damo and ghug are mafia, and the mafia has struggled to figure out how to attack a day where the wagons have been locked on to multiple scum all day long. My initial case on damo remains undisputed, and he's now just flailing around right now trying to find anything that will work to get him and ghug out of today - which is why he landed on lfischl (who is basically just a lurker rand vote - and note how ghug picked lfischl too!) but immediately and shamelessly followed lfischl's hint that he might vote me.
Scum Eden trying to get either a ghug or me mk. Looking like brain his pal .

damo666

#2315 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:36 pm
Well I'm stuck at an airport in Guadalajara and I haven't slept in 36 hours, so that's fun.
Vote Eden. I'm town and you know it

damo666

#2316 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Vote Eden. I'm town and you know it

bozotheclown

#2317 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:40 pm

I think it is possible TFB, damo, and ghug are all mafia and there was a fair amount of bussing going on D1. It would explain some of the unusual D1 voting. Also, TFB's strong push on damo D1 seems like a good bus candidate to me.

damo666

#2318 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:41 pm

Brain Eden sword TFB

damo666

#2319 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:42 pm

ghug wrote:
I'm stuck in the pub on phone.

Typos inevitable.

KoalaAttack

#2320 Post by KoalaAttack » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:43 pm

I was gonna post after the day ends if I'm still alive, but heard from a GM that BK3K apologized, so here goes:

Dear readers, your wait is finally over! We have a new submission by the famous Swordsman Writing-Blockus renowned for their literary prowess despite poor pen name choices.

The Girl Name Kara

by Swordsman Writing-Blockus

It was a late night in February, cold and rainy. I was tired, it's been a long day, and I still had a long walk home. I'm a private eye, you see, recently employed to hunt down some Mob goons harassing honest business people in a small town in upstate New York.

So I decided to take a new route home to clear my mind. Walking helps me thing. And there I saw her – what's this beauty? There is a dive bar here? News to me! American Diner meets College Sports Bar interior, and faded neon letters outside proclaiming "Kar_a's Tavern".

Of course I decided to check it out. Plopped myself down a stoop, grabbed a bear and a shepherds pie. And then it happened. There was this group of college kids in the corner – drunk out of their minds, loud, clearly angry. Super Bowl just finished, and their team clearly lost. And they are kicking up a fuss.

One of them rolls over, starts the usual shite. Don't remember the bland insults, do remember politely telling them to please get out of my face, and that I just want to finish my beer in peace and get home. He went back to his frat bro buddies and I thought that was that.

Of course, it never works this way these kids these days. As I was getting up to leave, here is the drunk bro again, spewing more crap. So I turn around and fuck him up. Not too much, no broken bones or lasting damage or anything – but I make sure it hurts. We privates eyes know just the right balance.

One of his buddies jumps up, start going "What's wrong with you, we were just having some fun, have you no sense of humor?" with that voice employed by generations of frat boys around the dorms. Another goes "Seriously man, you walk into a sports bar and get annoyed by a few expletives? What are you, five?"

And then the bartended – this stately gentleman who remained perfectly calm and composed through-out the entire affair, says in a perfect British accent "Mate, the phrase "cussing out" is an old English saying that does not necessarily mean foul language. It means intentionally insulting someone with the intent to provoke. But just like a good drink, a few choice expletives make it stronger as opposed to the virgin version."

So I paid the man and left. As I was walking away, out of the corner of my eye I saw the look of utter confusion on the face of the downed frat bro. But I didn't care. The rain was still pouring, but I was content with the events of the evening.

As I walked away into the rain, a reflection of the red neon letter "M" finally flicked on the Tavern's sign."

---

Question to the group: what do you all think about Swordsman's literary contributions?

If I am still alive by end of day – and if Mafia doesn't kill me overnight – I will do another updated Suspects List! And then continue voting for BK3K regardless of that it says.