Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#181 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:50 pm
I meant to check in last night after a party, but the party won out. I'll catch up today, and yikes, we are already coming up on 10 pages...

Also, can I ask that we keep me as Fox and CrimsonFox as Cfox or Crimson? And apologies, CrimsonFox, I'm not trying to horn in on how you want to be called, but I want to cut down on mistakes and confusion, and I think Fox 2 has a lot of potential for mistakes given how closely people around here don't read... I also want to cut down on confusion with the peterbot (Fox 2 is less clear as a search discriminator than Cfox or Crimson, and the peterbot will require at least "VOTE CRI" to pick up votes for CrimsonFox anyway).
10 pages for the first 18 hours is not all that much. Please let us know when you have some thoughts. Today would be nice.

Foxcastle

#182 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Starting off with the people I don't know:

LordQuas, CrimsonFox, Nephthys... Tell us a little about yourself and your experience with Mafia, if any.

(I think I've played briefly with Nephthys briefly, actually, but I'm interested anyway.)

I'm still catching up on the thread, so if you've already answered this, tell me what you expect to be the best indicators of scum.

Foxcastle

#183 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:52 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:47 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:50 pm
I meant to check in last night after a party, but the party won out. I'll catch up today, and yikes, we are already coming up on 10 pages...

Also, can I ask that we keep me as Fox and CrimsonFox as Cfox or Crimson? And apologies, CrimsonFox, I'm not trying to horn in on how you want to be called, but I want to cut down on mistakes and confusion, and I think Fox 2 has a lot of potential for mistakes given how closely people around here don't read... I also want to cut down on confusion with the peterbot (Fox 2 is less clear as a search discriminator than Cfox or Crimson, and the peterbot will require at least "VOTE CRI" to pick up votes for CrimsonFox anyway).
10 pages for the first 18 hours is not all that much. Please let us know when you have some thoughts. Today would be nice.
If we could have kept it to 8 or less for the first 24, I'd have been happier.

Anyway, Jamiet, you seem to be getting your roar on early this game. I'm trying to remember if you're always this frenetic with your early votes (pressure votes, votes on lurkers, etc). I'm on page 3 and might take a break, and since you seem to be around, care to catch me up on where you think we are?

Jamiet99uk

#184 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi Foxy, yeah I'm always like this, I'm a high-posting kinda guy. The only difference being sometimes I'm more angry and aggressive, and I'm trying not to be that guy these days. Pressure voting lurkers is definitely something I like to do. It often works, too.

Here are some highlights that I have observed so far, in a mostly chronological order:

- Bozo being somewhat ignorant of the rules and setup, asking about those things, and then vanishing.

- Damo666 begging for +1's and first voting me because I'd read the setup in detail, and then sheeping me when I responded to that.

- ND anchoring and doing nothing else of consequence despite checking in from time to time.

- Ghug appealing for +1's as well.

- LordQuas claiming an incredibly weak "gotcha" on me and then making various character attacks against me, and making false claims about my response to him.

- Ghug softclaimed a gun.

- LordQuas and Ghug buddied each other in a pretty gross way. I mean really, hey funboys, get a room.

- Vecna hardclaimed Persia (deathproof) and then poured scorn on anyone who believed his claim (but has not fully retracted it).

- Vecna not certain how his claimed role actually works (I had to clarify it for him).

- Netphys making a very sensible proposal that we should absolutely not give anyone a +1 during the Renaissance Era. This is worth reading and then adhering to.

- LordQuas and CrimsonFox splurging non-game-related shit into the thread in what I view as a possible depth charge attempt on Netphys's post.

- Xorxes PR fishing, and claiming he can scumread Rdrivera from 2 short posts.

Foxcastle

#185 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:17 pm

Things I do not like:

Jamiet accusing LordQuas and CrimsonFox of trying to "depth charge" Nephthys. LQ and CF are new here (and I feel like they might know each other?) and I think it's iffy to ascribe that kind of motive in that case.

Xorxes assertion that "around half of the people who haven't posted are scum". With game starting on a Saturday night for many of us, that seems like an attempt to paint inactivity with a malicious brush when there's a perfectly innocuous reason. I'm more inclined to take that kind of assertion seriously later on in the day.

Jamiet99uk

#186 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:17 pm
Things I do not like:

Jamiet accusing LordQuas and CrimsonFox of trying to "depth charge" Nephthys. LQ and CF are new here (and I feel like they might know each other?) and I think it's iffy to ascribe that kind of motive in that case.
LordQuas is new here but clearly has several games' worth, or more, Mafia / Werewolf experience. He should therefore know that it looks scummy as fuck to post most of a page worth of irrelevant chat that is of no consequence to the game. My comment is a genuine comment, that it made me wonder if they were depthy-charging. You may not agree, but my comment was my genuine reaction to what I saw.

Foxcastle

#187 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:24 pm

I've played enough with you, Jamiet, that I really should be able to read you more clearly based on your past games. I dunno, maybe the holidays fried my brain. But this is kinda the first time you feel different to me. It's a little more try-hard, mostly, but not just trying too hard, also drawing iffy conclusions that I don't think are justified this early in game. Like, you should know that most of the stuff you're pointing at is just stuff that happens on Day 1 when there's nothing else to talk about...

Is it deliberate? Are you doing something like Squigs did last game when he fronted Bad Cop Squigs (badge #44)?

Foxcastle

#188 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:21 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:17 pm
Things I do not like:

LordQuas is new here but clearly has several games' worth, or more, Mafia / Werewolf experience. He should therefore know that it looks scummy as fuck to post most of a page worth of irrelevant chat that is of no consequence to the game. My comment is a genuine comment, that it made me wonder if they were depthy-charging. You may not agree, but my comment was my genuine reaction to what I saw.
Why Lord Quas and not CrimsonFox? Your initial analysis of that situation made it sound like you thought it was a concerted effort, but then you townread CF.

Jamiet99uk

#189 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:42 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:27 pm
Why Lord Quas and not CrimsonFox? Your initial analysis of that situation made it sound like you thought it was a concerted effort, but then you townread CF.
I did not townread CF, you are wrong.

This was what I said about CF:

"CrimsonFox - Odd newb but giving a "clueless new scum" vibe."

Where in that sentence do I use the word "town", please?

Foxcastle

#190 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:42 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:27 pm
I did not townread CF, you are wrong.

This was what I said about CF:

"CrimsonFox - Odd newb but giving a "clueless new scum" vibe."

Where in that sentence do I use the word "town", please?
Apologies, I misread as I was switching between my reread and the more recent posts.

Also, your tone is borderline rude there in that last sentence. Disappointing that your own hope for "goodwill and mutual respect" seems to have lasted less than 18 hours.

Jamiet99uk

#192 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm

Anyway perhaps my call for goodwill and mutual respect was there for another reason.

Vecna

#194 Post by Vecna » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm

He's here, lurking....

Get him Jamiet!

Jamiet99uk

#196 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 pm

You retracting your claim then Vecna, or what?

bozotheclown

#197 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:12 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm
He's here, lurking....

Get him Jamiet!
There is a difference between lurking and reading the thread.

Vecna

#198 Post by Vecna » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:16 pm

if youre reading the thread then why did u see my post?

Huh?

Vecna

#199 Post by Vecna » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 pm
You retracting your claim then Vecna, or what?
absolutely not

Jamiet99uk

#200 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:16 pm
if youre reading the thread then why did u see my post?

Huh?
Did you see my post where I repeated my question to you?