Cultafia Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Cultafia Game Thread

#161 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Brainbomb what do you make of Yavuzovic?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#162 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:41 pm
Why?
It keeps me following the game. It might be something that could be useful. It helps me not tunnel when I'm forced to try to approach from a neutral perspective rather than try to make people's post fit my narrative. Would you have been as questioning about all of this if your name hadn't came up in it, out of curiosity?

brainbomb

#163 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:43 pm
Looks alot like his previous scumgame. However hes a null for me for a few reasons. Namely hes pretty much claimed mason

Jamiet99uk

#164 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:01 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:50 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:41 pm
Why?
It keeps me following the game. It might be something that could be useful. It helps me not tunnel when I'm forced to try to approach from a neutral perspective rather than try to make people's post fit my narrative. Would you have been as questioning about all of this if your name hadn't came up in it, out of curiosity?
Yes I believe I would.

You said your system was similar to Krellin's scum notch system, now you're saying it's not. I'm really not sure what you're up to.

Jamiet99uk

#165 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:02 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Looks alot like his previous scumgame. However hes a null for me for a few reasons. Namely hes pretty much claimed mason
I do not believe he did. He claimed *you* were a Mason.

brainbomb

#166 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:02 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
■he asked to be converted
■you freaked out when I voted him p1
■I said Jamie freaking out could mean yav is mason w/ Jamie
■yav says I have nothing to worry about
■yav starts claiming im a mason

I think this could all easily be yav trying to bait a conversion thatll fail.

brainbomb

#167 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:07 pm

This is where im at Jamie

Squiggs-bozo
Squiggs-yav
Bozo-RHK
Squiggs-RHK
Bozo-yav
Squiggs -DRCJC
DRCJGC-bozo

yavuzovic

#168 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:36 pm
This answered 0 of my 3 questions Yav. You just defended yourself and reversed your vote after being criticized. If everyone you have talked about so far it's town, do you have any scumreads yet?
Umm, why are you accusing me for not revealing real mason‽ Why are you shading me.
If you want my scumreads, lurkers + bozo + very little you (after this post)

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#169 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:09 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:35 pm
Squiggs seems more perturbed so far than most people.
I had to go look up what perturbed meant. Google said it means anxious or unsettled. Of course I'm anxious, several players haven't posted yet, and most of those that have haven't posted real content. I've given my thoughts on what has been posted, and now you have construed those thoughts as scum Squigs throwing shade on townies? My playstyle is to point out scummy things, and after those accumulate, build a case. So yes, I am "shading" people, that's part of the game.
I thought I have been clear about where I stand:
Bozo is the most suspect of the posting players, based off of the way his posts have been worded to garner town points.
ChippeRock is also suspect for laying low.
Yav is showing signs of scum, but is hard to tell.
Jamie, Brain, Dr are all playing townie.
There is likely one (possibly both) scum who has not posted or has posted very little.

brainbomb

#170 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Hmmmmmmm

I do like that post

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#171 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:12 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:08 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:36 pm
This answered 0 of my 3 questions Yav. You just defended yourself and reversed your vote after being criticized. If everyone you have talked about so far it's town, do you have any scumreads yet?
Umm, why are you accusing me for not revealing real mason‽ Why are you shading me.
If you want my scumreads, lurkers + bozo + very little you (after this post)
You had already "revealed" BB as Mason. I wanted to know why you would reveal him.

brainbomb

#172 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Squiggs why is neph not on your radar? Whats he done?

brainbomb

#173 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:39 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:31 am
Nephthys, how do you feel about some of the more controversial D1 topics?

How do you feel about a D1 no lynch?
How do you feel about the Lynch the Lurker strategy?
Do you prefer to have two large wagons at the end of day 1, or several smaller ones?

As always, provide reasoning in everything you do or say in Mafia or else you're scum. Unless you're Brainbomb - then you just call it a reaction test when you forget to provide reasoning.
1. I don't see what we gain? We are working effectively against the clock, if we never lynch then the cult win. With that logic any no lynch is inherently flawed. I will say that there may be reason to not lynch but I would consider them exceptional.

2. It depends on reads, in the absence of viable reads I think it could work but I'd prefer to go on positive findings than negative findings where possible.

3. Not sure, honestly I think I'll develop a sense of this as the game goes on but my initial thought is that fewer wagons give less places for cult to hide? Unsure though.
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:21 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:19 am

Our only chance of ever getting cult lynches is by lynch. We have no reason to ever no lynch.
The point that was weird about nephs vote was I wasnt even top poster when he complained. Yavuz was. And jamie also had more posts than me at the time.

I think he just heard I talk alot and listened to people like bo who think 100 posts a phase somehow hurts someone.

Wow I didn't expect people to take a vote in the first hour so seriously...
Although, 4/6 posts before mine were you just sayin
Read the bolded.

Why is he expecting us to not take his votes seriously again??

brainbomb

#174 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Hes also still voting me. Which would seem to imply his vote on me was just to rvs reactions. Hes not participated since.

Whatcha think squiggs?

brainbomb

#175 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:24 pm

##Vote Neph

yavuzovic

#176 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:02 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
I don't believe I did too. I also didn't claimed BB was mason too. I masonread him.

DrCJG

#177 Post by DrCJG » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:29 pm

@RHK - Not sure why Jamie is (and BB to an extent) are so negative on the scoring system you are trying out. As I believe you have said, you don't know yet what the scores really will mean... but I think it could present an interesting stat (albeit full of WIFOM). In particular, the idea that some scum often try not to raise a lot of suspicion so they may throw less shade and may also receive less shade. It may also be useful in numerically identifying scum who have bussed or distanced themselves. I hope you are able to keep accurate stats and perhaps we can look them over at game end.

Although I am happy to see a wagon(s) form in the first 24hrs, I do not agree with the claim that Bozo's posts have been geared towards garnering town cred... if the first person to mention no lynch was always scum then Ezio would always be lynched D1.

Thus far I lean scum as follows
Nephthys - admittedly new, but the only post i remember was an anti-BB that seemed like blending in;
Squigs - Seems like he is trying to garner town cred while throwing shade on garnering town cred;
Lurkers that have posted one liners (Damo, Chippe); and
other lurkers (Worcej, yoyo)

brainbomb

#178 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:34 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:29 pm
@RHK - Not sure why Jamie is (and BB to an extent) are so negative on the scoring system you are trying out. As I believe you have said, you don't know yet what the scores really will mean... but I think it could present an interesting stat (albeit full of WIFOM). In particular, the idea that some scum often try not to raise a lot of suspicion so they may throw less shade and may also receive less shade. It may also be useful in numerically identifying scum who have bussed or distanced themselves. I hope you are able to keep accurate stats and perhaps we can look them over at game end.

Although I am happy to see a wagon(s) form in the first 24hrs, I do not agree with the claim that Bozo's posts have been geared towards garnering town cred... if the first person to mention no lynch was always scum then Ezio would always be lynched D1.

Thus far I lean scum as follows
Nephthys - admittedly new, but the only post i remember was an anti-BB that seemed like blending in;
Squigs - Seems like he is trying to garner town cred while throwing shade on garnering town cred;
Lurkers that have posted one liners (Damo, Chippe); and
other lurkers (Worcej, yoyo)

Couple issues
■squiggs was first to suggest no lynch to nephy

yavuzovic

#179 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:09 pm
I had to go look up what perturbed meant. Google said it means anxious or unsettled. Of course I'm anxious, several players haven't posted yet, and most of those that have haven't posted real content. I've given my thoughts on what has been posted, and now you have construed those thoughts as scum Squigs throwing shade on townies? My playstyle is to point out scummy things, and after those accumulate, build a case. So yes, I am "shading" people, that's part of the game.
I thought I have been clear about where I stand:
Bozo is the most suspect of the posting players, based off of the way his posts have been worded to garner town points.
ChippeRock is also suspect for laying low.
Yav is showing signs of scum, but is hard to tell.
Jamie, Brain, Dr are all playing townie.
There is likely one (possibly both) scum who has not posted or has posted very little.
##vote Squigs
I hope I am right here. But if we lynch Squigs here it will be either second-ND or second-teacher . I really scumread him at this point just for what he said in this post.

brainbomb

#180 Post by brainbomb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:35 pm

Issue 2

Yer voting bozo currently but saying hes not scum in any of your top scumreads.

Again problematic