Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yuuki

Re: Mini Mafia 1008 - Triple Agent

#161 Post by yuuki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:41 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 pm
This game mode reminds me of Resistance/Avalon, which features a fail/success of missions as one of the information tools for the group.

In that game, sending the same people on missions is a high-risk, high-reward strategy. If your initial reads are correct, you can win the game early; if your initial reads are wrong, you won't know until later in the game, at which point it's too late to confirm your information.

With that in mind, I propose we use earlier powers to add people to our "if, then" chains, rather than using our existing chains to vet the information we have. If/when we're faced with contradictory information, we can use later investigative operations to validate claims.

Pending bb's update on information, I think my confession should go to one of rdr/bb/Ike.
I disagree, given the nature of bozo's and damo's operations, it is crucial that we work towards clearing me so that all three of us are townread and the info they both receive is immediately accepted by fellow townies

yuuki

#162 Post by yuuki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:06 pm
I learned that rivera was loyal to the agency whatever tf that means
scumslip?

RagingIke297

#163 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:58 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:19 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:01 pm
PHASE 3:
The third phase, EspressoPatronum has confession.

● Confession : You want to confess to a player chosen by you. Who you choose is revealed to all players but only chosen player will learn your role. You can perform your operation on the [related phase] phase. You can choose the name you want to confess until [related phase] or in 24 hours after it.

NOTE: His time for editing the confession target is expired. The confession will be done as soon as GMs recieve the message.
RagingIke did not post during phase 2, is he still in the game?
Yes, sorry. So:

Information we have
yuuki wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:17 pm
Well sadly I could not self target, but what I have found out is that both damo and bozo are confirmed town.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:01 am
Got a pm saying xorxes confessed town to me btw. More on that once I'm up to speed.
brainbomb wrote:
One of these has to be a lie, unless the scum team is Yuuki, EP and BB. I've been thinking about it and scum really really really want to lie about the info they are given that is secret, its the only weapon they have to hide themselves and create confusion. Therefore I agree that EP should confess to Damo, we need to start getting info that can be conflicting, so we can root out who is lying.

bozotheclown

#164 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:06 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:58 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:19 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:01 pm
PHASE 3:
The third phase, EspressoPatronum has confession.

● Confession : You want to confess to a player chosen by you. Who you choose is revealed to all players but only chosen player will learn your role. You can perform your operation on the [related phase] phase. You can choose the name you want to confess until [related phase] or in 24 hours after it.

NOTE: His time for editing the confession target is expired. The confession will be done as soon as GMs recieve the message.
RagingIke did not post during phase 2, is he still in the game?
Yes, sorry. So:

Information we have
yuuki wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:17 pm
Well sadly I could not self target, but what I have found out is that both damo and bozo are confirmed town.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:01 am
Got a pm saying xorxes confessed town to me btw. More on that once I'm up to speed.
brainbomb wrote:
One of these has to be a lie, unless the scum team is Yuuki, EP and BB. I've been thinking about it and scum really really really want to lie about the info they are given that is secret, its the only weapon they have to hide themselves and create confusion. Therefore I agree that EP should confess to Damo, we need to start getting info that can be conflicting, so we can root out who is lying.
That is a good point, the yuuki, Espresso, and brainbomb reports would clear 4 additional players if all three were town, which is impossible, so at least one of yuuki, Espresso, and brainbomb are mafia.

bozotheclown

#165 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:07 pm

1. If yuuki is town, damo and bozo are town.
2. If xorxes is mafia, Espresso is mafia.
3. If Espresso is town, xorxes is town.
4. If damo is mafia, yuuki is mafia.
5. If bozo is mafia, yuuki is mafia.
6. If brainbomb is town, rdrivera is town.
7. If rdrivera is mafia, brainbomb is mafia.
8. At least one of yuuki, Espresso, and brainbomb are mafia.

yuuki

#166 Post by yuuki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:13 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:07 pm
It is also true that if I am town then one of the three with confession operation is scum.

yuuki

#167 Post by yuuki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:14 pm

At least one of the three to be precise

bozotheclown

#168 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:15 pm

If Espresso is mafia and yuuki and brainbomb are town, the town would have to be yuuki, brainbomb, damo, bozo, and rdrivera.

If brainbomb is mafia and yuuki and Espresso are town, the town would have to be yuuki, Espresso, damo, bozo, and xorxes.

If yuuki is mafia and brainbomb and Espresso are town, the town would have to be brainbomb, Espresso, rdrivera, xorxes, and one other.

yuuki

#169 Post by yuuki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:15 pm

That means to me that at least one of xorxes Espresso and Ike is scum

yuuki

#170 Post by yuuki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:15 pm
If Espresso is mafia and yuuki and brainbomb are town, the town would have to be yuuki, brainbomb, damo, bozo, and rdrivera.

If brainbomb is mafia and yuuki and Espresso are town, the town would have to be yuuki, Espresso, damo, bozo, and xorxes.

If yuuki is mafia and brainbomb and Espresso are town, the town would have to be brainbomb, Espresso, rdrivera, xorxes, and one other.
you also have to consider scenarios where two of us or three of us are scum to be more accurate

yuuki

#171 Post by yuuki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:17 pm

yuuki wrote:
Given the link between espresso and xorxes, espresso has to confess to damo or bozo. If he does not it's game over and we lynch espresso

bozotheclown

#172 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 pm

yuuki wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:13 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
It is also true that if I am town then one of the three with confession operation is scum.
Yes, I think we can put it this way (which is implied by 1.):

9. If yuuki is town, 3 out of xorxes, brainbomb, Espresso, RagingIke, and rdrivera are mafia.

bozotheclown

#173 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:24 pm

yuuki wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

you also have to consider scenarios where two of us or three of us are scum to be more accurate
Yes, but I think each case with only of the three as town basically gives the same information already in the list.

yuuki

#174 Post by yuuki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:26 pm

yuuki wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:17 pm
yuuki wrote:
Given the link between espresso and xorxes, espresso has to confess to damo or bozo. If he does not it's game over and we lynch espresso
I say this because even if anyone thinks I am scum and there is a chance damo or bozo are scum too, there can only be three scum. Meaning that xorxes, espresso and myself can be scum, but not with one of bozo and damo too.

So if Espresso is either town or scum with xorxes, then confessing to either bozo or Damo virtually guarantees us a town victory.

If Espresso is scum then damo/bozo reveals that Espresso is scum and we have caught scum.
If Espresso is town then damo/bozo reveals that Espresso is town which then means that Espresso, xorxes, and one of damo/bozo are cleared.

Only scenario left is if I am scum with one of damo/bozo or both (which I know not to be true). In that case Espresso will be accused of being scum. Given how many more operations are left in the game this scenario means town would be forcing scum to make a big lie early on that will likely be revealed by future operations. It would be too huge a risk. Therefore, Espresso HAS to confess to damo or bozo. If he confesses to anyone else, I'm voting to lynch Espresso, and strongly advise the rest of town to do the same.

yuuki

#175 Post by yuuki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:27 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 pm
yuuki wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:13 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Yes, I think we can put it this way (which is implied by 1.):

9. If yuuki is town, 3 out of xorxes, brainbomb, Espresso, RagingIke, and rdrivera are mafia.
we only need to catch one scum though and knowing that one of the three with confession abilities is scum makes it easy

bozotheclown

#176 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:37 pm

yuuki wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:26 pm
yuuki wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:17 pm
yuuki wrote:
I say this because even if anyone thinks I am scum and there is a chance damo or bozo are scum too, there can only be three scum. Meaning that xorxes, espresso and myself can be scum, but not with one of bozo and damo too.

So if Espresso is either town or scum with xorxes, then confessing to either bozo or Damo virtually guarantees us a town victory.

If Espresso is scum then damo/bozo reveals that Espresso is scum and we have caught scum.
If Espresso is town then damo/bozo reveals that Espresso is town which then means that Espresso, xorxes, and one of damo/bozo are cleared.

Only scenario left is if I am scum with one of damo/bozo or both (which I know not to be true). In that case Espresso will be accused of being scum. Given how many more operations are left in the game this scenario means town would be forcing scum to make a big lie early on that will likely be revealed by future operations. It would be too huge a risk. Therefore, Espresso HAS to confess to damo or bozo. If he confesses to anyone else, I'm voting to lynch Espresso, and strongly advise the rest of town to do the same.
I agree Espresso confessing to damo or myself will leave limited possibilities regardless of the report.

bozotheclown

#177 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:43 pm

votes for Espresso target:
bozo: damo
damo: damo
rdrivera: damo
yuuki: damo
brainbomb: RagingIke
RagingIke: damo

RagingIke297