Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
teacon7

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#161 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:58 pm
aww squigs doesn't like greentext.

Hey @squigs why did you say you were a champ cryptographer? I don't htink we've played together, so you're basically new to me. When did you start playing here?
I have played in M3.5, M4, M8, hydra'd for M9, then took a 3(?) year break. Came back last summer and played or GM'd in M37 through M44. I haven't played the last two or three games because I represented webDip in the MafiaUniverse World Championship (took third in my qualifying game, outside chance I could be a wildcard for another chance to make it into the finals). So I have a history on this site, but it somehow doesn't overlap your history.

The champ cryptographer comment was in response to Balki saying he was a cryptogram and the whole C joke that is ongoing in conjunction with me just playing in Champs.

It wasn't the green text I didn't like.
What's not to like? emc deserves it for his voting shennanigans. I even said I would take action on his tardiness.

Oh! Hey congrats. I'm glad we finally get to play together. I'm back after a break.... I played around the 20's and 30s and then took a hiatus for time reasons.

Related to your experience on MU: are there stats on how accurate the gut read is?

teacon7

#162 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 pm

@balki where have you been?

Why are you and squigs both doing gut-reaction "pings" ?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#163 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 pm

et wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:51 pm
et wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:42 pm
This is first time for me. But I played 'werewolf' many times. That is mafialikegame.
@et - Have you read games on here before? What did you think? Do people fake claim in live werewolf games you've played?
I started reading. But I am not used to read games on here. So very slowly.
I want to player-role list. Lol.
Most of all people in my werewolf game don't fake claim when they are town.
What do you mean by "I want to player-role list"? If you are asking for a list of players and a list of roles, those are in the OP (opening post) at the beginning of the thread.

Fake claiming as town is rarely effective unless your name is Tom Bombadil.

teacon7

#164 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:24 pm
Hi
This is some guak level participation right here.

@Nephthys
Do you like joke phases? Why?
Do you always play like this?
Do you prefer playing scum or town?

teacon7

#165 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:15 pm

@CruaaderReynauld
@Carl Tuckerson
@ChippeRock

Welcome! I've not played a game with you before, so... I just have a couple questions:
  • Have you played this kind of game before?
  • If so, in what format (online, live, etc)?
  • If so, do you you prefer to play as mafia or town?
  • Are you secretly a Balki clone, because he's a lot of C-words?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#166 Post by TrPrado » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:16 pm

Earlier Balki asked who all has and has not played before. I don't think anyone answered so if anyone has that information please share?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#167 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:08 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:58 pm
aww squigs doesn't like greentext.

Hey @squigs why did you say you were a champ cryptographer? I don't htink we've played together, so you're basically new to me. When did you start playing here?
I have played in M3.5, M4, M8, hydra'd for M9, then took a 3(?) year break. Came back last summer and played or GM'd in M37 through M44. I haven't played the last two or three games because I represented webDip in the MafiaUniverse World Championship (took third in my qualifying game, outside chance I could be a wildcard for another chance to make it into the finals). So I have a history on this site, but it somehow doesn't overlap your history.

The champ cryptographer comment was in response to Balki saying he was a cryptogram and the whole C joke that is ongoing in conjunction with me just playing in Champs.

It wasn't the green text I didn't like.
What's not to like? emc deserves it for his voting shennanigans. I even said I would take action on his tardiness.

Oh! Hey congrats. I'm glad we finally get to play together. I'm back after a break.... I played around the 20's and 30s and then took a hiatus for time reasons.

Related to your experience on MU: are there stats on how accurate the gut read is?
I didn't like how you came in with a preset agenda before reading anything. I also don't like that even after reading and being told emc wasn't in the game, you switched to MF. Your early posts seem to be isolated posts looking to make contributions or poke people, rather than solving. You have been more conversational lately though which I like.

No stats, I mean it's different for each person. The person I was talking about in particular would nail on average about 2/4 scum per game I think (in a 17 player game).

teacon7

#168 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Actually, here's some current thoughts on the scumteam:

Balki,
Carl Tuckerson
ChippeRock
connorcompton
CruaaderReynauld
:lol:

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#169 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Earlier Balki asked who all has and has not played before. I don't think anyone answered so if anyone has that information please share?
Let me go update my scoresheet for the past couple of games and I can provide you with a detailed list of number of games played by each player, win loss records, game links to most recent town/mafia games, etc...

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#170 Post by TrPrado » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm

teacon: What are your thoughts on having a productive start to the game and asking questions that might be essential down the line?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#171 Post by TrPrado » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:24 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Balki,
Carl Tuckerson
ChippeRock
connorcompton
CruaaderReynauld
Importantly, why do you seem so obsessed with what was clearly supposed to be a one-off joke? Why do you go out of your way to keep if going?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#172 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:24 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm
teacon: What are your thoughts on having a productive start to the game and asking questions that might be essential down the line?
What are his thoughts on having a productive start to the game? Like, is he for it or against it? Is that the question?

teacon7

#173 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 pm
I didn't like how you came in with a preset agenda before reading anything. I also don't like that even after reading and being told emc wasn't in the game, you switched to MF. Your early posts seem to be isolated posts looking to make contributions or poke people, rather than solving. You have been more conversational lately though which I like.

No stats, I mean it's different for each person. The person I was talking about in particular would nail on average about 2/4 scum per game I think (in a 17 player game).
Hey chill. The emc post had more to do with my experience last game than anything else. emc/moscow took us to lylo and I lost b/c I townread emc as "indecisive" rather than "avoidant." Did you read the thread for m1007?

I started reading when we were at 6 pages. I put some thoughts into a notepad.exe while I caught up, eliminating things that no longer applied (like asking flav what his pranks were).

Stats on gutreads: 2/4 = 1/2 which isn't terrible. I'd love it if some psych doctorate figured out how to analyze these games to figure out the tools + mechanics involved. Then gave us all the studies.

To what extent do you think meta is AI ? Is that judgment different between here and MU?

teacon7

#174 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:24 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Balki,
Carl Tuckerson
ChippeRock
connorcompton
CruaaderReynauld
Importantly, why do you seem so obsessed with what was clearly supposed to be a one-off joke? Why do you go out of your way to keep if going?
It was funny. You don't think funny is good?

teacon7

#175 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:27 pm

TrPrado wrote:
fwiw, I think a joke phase is really important, for lots of reasons, not least of which is town morale.

@Prado - Please define "productive start to the game" ...what would you like to see?

et

#176 Post by et » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 pm
et wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:51 pm

@et - Have you read games on here before? What did you think? Do people fake claim in live werewolf games you've played?
I started reading. But I am not used to read games on here. So very slowly.
I want to player-role list. Lol.
Most of all people in my werewolf game don't fake claim when they are town.
What do you mean by "I want to player-role list"? If you are asking for a list of players and a list of roles, those are in the OP (opening post) at the beginning of the thread.

Fake claiming as town is rarely effective unless your name is Tom Bombadil.
I mean a list like this(about finished game, sure!).
et-Town
Squigs44-Goon
I used to read log with list like this.

teacon7

#177 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:29 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
TrPrado wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Let me go update my scoresheet for the past couple of games and I can provide you with a detailed list of number of games played by each player, win loss records, game links to most recent town/mafia games, etc...
Is this the one that meme put together, or a different one? I'd love to see meme's list integrated into the peterbot - that way on re-read of old games we could have alignment clearly identified (maybe by color, or with a "scum-" or "town-" prefix inserted in-line before someone's name).

MoscowFleet

#178 Post by MoscowFleet » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:30 pm

Teacon - post more concisely. Please. Last game you made a lot of good points but they got lost in sheer volume. If you’re town it gets your point across. If you’re scum it makes it easier for us to read you. Either way, we can’t have a repeat of last game.

Foxcastle

#179 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:31 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:27 pm
TrPrado wrote:
fwiw, I think a joke phase is really important, for lots of reasons, not least of which is town morale.

@Prado - Please define "productive start to the game" ...what would you like to see?
Town isn't supposed to have morale, it's supposed to have victory.

teacon7

#180 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:34 pm

MoscowFleet wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:30 pm
Teacon - post more concisely. Please. Last game you made a lot of good points but they got lost in sheer volume. If you’re town it gets your point across. If you’re scum it makes it easier for us to read you. Either way, we can’t have a repeat of last game.
That's an odd first post to me, but... okay. Hello!

I think I even saw you make that point when I read the QT after the game. You're right that it makes me hard to read. Don't you think that a more verbose scum!teacon would be more likely to slip, and therefore better for town?

fwiw, the sheer size of this game (and RL availability now that it's not a holiday weekend) is going to make it basically impossible for me to post as much. I'm here today, but I'll be on a plane for EoD1 so I've gotta get some impressions early.