M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#1561 Post by bozotheclown » Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:54 pm
Look at D1 damo. I expect damo may bus D1 as JOAT. We know xorx and summit were town. He then voted bozo with around 25hrs left, and then Neph with under 4hrs left. The bozo vote would be the more logical bus because it was so early in D1. The Neph vote seems like damo trying to get another town wagon going in case xorx doesn’t take off. Remember that I was strongly defending xorx at the time.

D2, bozo joins the Neph wagon, making it 4 votes for xorx and 3 for Neph halfway through the day. This could potentially be scum trying to create two viable town wagons to protect JOAT. Damo even moves off xorx to Neph with three hours left. Granted it could be bussing to protect the more powerful scum role, but to me the move off town xorx to town Neph seems more likely.

Bozo and damo eventually follow townclear foodcoats back to xorx and he is lynched.

Then bozo starts his questioning of me for pretty dubious reasons imo, before landing on damo.
I had a good reason for questioning you, there were only 6 players for 3 scum spots. I still think it is possible you were bussing damo D1, but overall Chaqa and Nephthys look more suspicious.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1562 Post by Chaqa » Thu May 28, 2020 8:24 pm

In looking back, I think Neph/Bunny is more likely to be not scum simply due to day 2 and the counterwagon there. But it's not for sure and could be damo/Bozo bussing their inactive teammate.

bozotheclown

#1563 Post by bozotheclown » Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:13 pm
Well, rdrivera scumread bozo, so that fits
You were rdrivera's only scum read at EOD:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 pm
Reads:
Town: food, kgray

Weak Town: Xorxes, Chaqa,

Null: Bozo, Damo, Worcej, emc, Nepthys, Summit

Scum: Tom

Too many nulls, game was too quiet.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1564 Post by Chaqa » Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 pm

There's always the no-lynch option. It's not great, but it would remove one unknown from the equation at least if we aren't 100% sure.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1565 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 28, 2020 8:27 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:21 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 pm

I don't understand why you townread Neph? At best, I could understand you thinking his play was lazy and NAI.
Well, yes - his play I consider NAI rather than scummy. Him being a counter wagon to scum leans town. He was damos choice to push D1 in case the xorx wagon didn’t have enough steam to save damo
Okay I mostly follow that, but then didn't you give bozo scum points for damo voting for him D1? Or you think Neph is more likely town because damo moved from bozo to Neph? It didn't seem like a Neph wagon would take off in any case, certainly not enough to become a competitor to xorxes.
Yeah, so it’s the timing of the votes that matter. I do think it is plausible, even likely that damo would bus D1 as he is the most important role. That leaves bozo and Neph and options. The vote of bozo was like 8 pages into the game and for weak reasons (as are all cases that early). It’s a low risk time to bus - plenty of time remaining to move and cases are weak so it’s easy to get off in case you need to.

The Neph vote was with little time remaining and with damo in danger. That seems like trying to get another town wagon going in case the town xorxes wagon stalls. That seems like defensive play to get a mislynch rather than bussing.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1566 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 28, 2020 8:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 pm
There's always the no-lynch option. It's not great, but it would remove one unknown from the equation at least if we aren't 100% sure.
It would remove kgray who is obvtown.

bozotheclown

#1567 Post by bozotheclown » Thu May 28, 2020 8:28 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:53 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:34 pm
who do you townread summit?
Confident townreads are Kgray/Foodcoats/Bozo/Xorxes/worcej (unless a third claim comes).

I'm not townreading Chaqa anymore. I really don't understand the inability to take a joke from xorxes, I think he very well may have slipped day 1 in not seeing that joke.
Chaqa:
So you admit you’re bussing him?
It doesn't seem sincere?

Vecna was apparently shot at as well and I know I'm not strongman. Of course a strongman isn't necessary to having both shots fail and he's looking similar to the Vecna of M55 so I've got a townlean.

Chaqa + two of damo/nephthys/tom is my scumteam.
I am fairly confident this is why summit was NKed.

Vecna

#1568 Post by Vecna » Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:24 pm
In looking back, I think Neph/Bunny is more likely to be not scum simply due to day 2 and the counterwagon there. But it's not for sure and could be damo/Bozo bussing their inactive teammate.
I find this just really difficult, since I cannot really see any scenario where the remaining scum are in <Bozo/Kgray/Tom>

Either my current gut that is trying to fight my ratio on my read on you is wrong, or Bunny has to be scum.

bozotheclown

#1569 Post by bozotheclown » Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:27 pm
kgray wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Well, yes - his play I consider NAI rather than scummy. Him being a counter wagon to scum leans town. He was damos choice to push D1 in case the xorx wagon didn’t have enough steam to save damo
Okay I mostly follow that, but then didn't you give bozo scum points for damo voting for him D1? Or you think Neph is more likely town because damo moved from bozo to Neph? It didn't seem like a Neph wagon would take off in any case, certainly not enough to become a competitor to xorxes.
Yeah, so it’s the timing of the votes that matter. I do think it is plausible, even likely that damo would bus D1 as he is the most important role. That leaves bozo and Neph and options. The vote of bozo was like 8 pages into the game and for weak reasons (as are all cases that early). It’s a low risk time to bus - plenty of time remaining to move and cases are weak so it’s easy to get off in case you need to.

The Neph vote was with little time remaining and with damo in danger. That seems like trying to get another town wagon going in case the town xorxes wagon stalls. That seems like defensive play to get a mislynch rather than bussing.
This argue is very questionable, there was no chance damo was going to be able to get a wagon going on Nephthys.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1570 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:13 pm
Well, rdrivera scumread bozo, so that fits
You were rdrivera's only scum read at EOD:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 pm
Reads:
Town: food, kgray

Weak Town: Xorxes, Chaqa,

Null: Bozo, Damo, Worcej, emc, Nepthys, Summit

Scum: Tom

Too many nulls, game was too quiet.
Yes. But I know I’m town. He scumread you all of D1. In fact when he voted me he literally said that I was being EVEN scummier than bozo. Didn’t have a great opinion of tou

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1571 Post by kgray » Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 pm
Chaqa wrote:
I find this just really difficult, since I cannot really see any scenario where the remaining scum are in <Bozo/Kgray/Tom>

Either my current gut that is trying to fight my ratio on my read on you is wrong, or Bunny has to be scum.
You're voting for Tom...

Vecna

#1572 Post by Vecna » Thu May 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Yeah my mind is made up.

The only compromise outside of Chaqa/Bunny that im willing to make is Tom-B.

No way im voting bozo or Kgray here

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1573 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 28, 2020 8:34 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:27 pm
kgray wrote:

This argue is very questionable, there was no chance damo was going to be able to get a wagon going on Nephthys.
Wut? With four hours left you don’t think two people could have voted for Neph? That would have tied him with the lead wagon

Vecna

#1574 Post by Vecna » Thu May 28, 2020 8:34 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 pm
Vecna wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

You're voting for Tom...
Yes, how does that contradict my statement? theres 2 scum remaining, and I fail to see how both are in that group of 3? Which is exactly where Chaqa was going (ofcourse if town he doesnt have my alignment information, but he will need my help here to survive if he is town).

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1575 Post by kgray » Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:34 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 pm
Vecna wrote:

You're voting for Tom...
Yes, how does that contradict my statement? theres 2 scum remaining, and I fail to see how both are in that group of 3? Which is exactly where Chaqa was going (ofcourse if town he doesnt have my alignment information, but he will need my help here to survive if he is town).
Never mind, I didn't realize you meant both remaining scum aren't in bozo/kgray/tom.

Vecna

#1576 Post by Vecna » Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Damo actually became scummier while under pressure, but chaqa is actually feeling slightly more towny now than he has been all game.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1577 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Whatever. Let’s hope Chaqa is scum and then we no lynch and it’s up to the two remaining townies to guess right.

Vecna

#1578 Post by Vecna » Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 pm

which is pretty annoying, and he might just be getting inside my head

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1579 Post by Chaqa » Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 pm
Whatever. Let’s hope Chaqa is scum and then we no lynch and it’s up to the two remaining townies to guess right.
##Vote Tom

Your failure to see reason is difficult. I don't completely think Vecna is town or you're scum, but I know I am and I need to keep us from losing somehow.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1580 Post by Chaqa » Thu May 28, 2020 8:40 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 pm
##Vote Tom

Your failure to see reason is difficult. I don't completely think Vecna is town or you're scum, but I know I am and I need to keep us from losing somehow.
Before anyone says scumslip, I rephrased this to add "or you're scum", so it should read "but I know I am town and I need to keep us from losing somehow"