Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#1561 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Yah know, every time I get scum read and the person doing it can't articulate a case on me, I get frustrated.

It's nice to be on the other side of that.

I think you're the SK, and that's I think.

(Also, it doesn't matter if you're bi, you should find better insults that don't rely on implied anti-LGBTQetc bias. For real.)

Foxcastle

#1562 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 pm

If you want less discussion rather than more, Lord Quas, then DemonRHK's your guy.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1563 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:57 pm

First off: Quas and Foxy, you're both idiots. I can't be killed today. (Fun fact, I fould out I was still vuln N2 and fully expected to die last night)

Now, Crimson is as good as clear. There'd been no CC and his sudden tone shifts were indeed coaching, just town coaching instead.

Foxy foxy foxy. Why are you alive? A D1 doc claim survives two killing roles for 2 days. I don't buy it. I buy D1, you're useless until N3, buit how'd you slip through N2.

You're also the ONLY Karma Squigs got, and he had a role that needed karma.

Foxcastle is not only Scum, but a scum role important to them, likely Civ Cop.

In addition, I would theorize that the karma spree Squigs went on was to activate the Uni Backup, who is also scum, and is Quas.

Fox or Quas should be the lynch, and I want to start the ##Vote Quas, as a Civ Cop, even a scum one, can find the SK. Now if this doesn't take off, I'll vote Foxy in a heartbeat.

Next, the glad challenge.

My only goal was to get death immune. A confirmed scum was the easy way to do that, and seeing as how pretty much EVERY remaining power only kicks in the mid days, it's to our benefit to get into the days that we can get some actual use from the remaining powers we have. Jerking around would have had no effect, as day maf chat means they get to fully coordinate getting caught on the fly. Just get it over with and honor Rdr's sacrifice.

LordQuas

#1564 Post by LordQuas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:59 pm

holy shit I'm a fucking idiot demon is the gladiator

##Unvote

LordQuas

#1565 Post by LordQuas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 pm

that being said demon, wtf are you reading into the anti spew of an outed scum giving karma to ppl for

stop omgusing and complaining you're getting voted you haven't really contributed much at all the entire game

Jamiet99uk

#1566 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:49 pm
Yah know, every time I get scum read and the person doing it can't articulate a case on me, I get frustrated.

It's nice to be on the other side of that.

I think you're the SK, and that's I think.

(Also, it doesn't matter if you're bi, you should find better insults that don't rely on implied anti-LGBTQetc bias. For real.)
I am sorry that you were insulted. You were the one talking about thinking of me while you were in the shower. Maybe I just got the wrong impression.

Can we just be clear... do you:

(a) have a real case on me, which you are struggling to articulate?
or
(b) have no case?

If the answer is (b), I suggest you take some liver salts; what you felt in the shower is probably just gas.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1567 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 pm
that being said demon, wtf are you reading into the anti spew of an outed scum giving karma to ppl for

stop omgusing and complaining you're getting voted you haven't really contributed much at all the entire game
Character attacks today won't get you anywhere. Who else is it? One or both of flash and Gnome?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1568 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:07 pm

Gnome is scum commuter perhaps?

Either way, I'd like to shop a Quas lynch, and failing that Fox needs to go.

LordQuas

#1569 Post by LordQuas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Character attacks today won't get you anywhere. Who else is it? One or both of flash and Gnome?
flash and gnome are pretty viable options but stop asking leading questions

and there was not a single character attack in my post there, those were facts

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1570 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 pm

Claims of omgus and low activity are character attacks.

Ok, why did you vote for Foxy then less than an hour later leave AND shade the wagon?

Foxcastle

#1571 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 pm

I am not nearly so dumb as scum as to +1 my scummates. As with all my +1s, I was simply appreciating the post.

Jamiet99uk

#1572 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:07 pm

If Gnome is scum commuter, that means someone else fired the shot, but he claimed it. So you're suggesting scum rolled both a Commuter and a Vig, yes?

Jamiet99uk

#1573 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 pm

##CALL GM
Are there guaranteed to be any Mafia Goons or is it possible all 5 scum have powers?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1574 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 pm
I am not nearly so dumb as scum as to +1 my scummates. As with all my +1s, I was simply appreciating the post.
Really?
Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:24 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 pm
Good evening, Fellow Townies! What a cultural festival this game is set to be!

Some cultures believe a long life brings wisdom. I've been playing this game for quite a long time now, and if there's one kernel of wisdom I've learned, is that it's no good losing your cool. I've been known as a drama-kween but these days I'm calmer and happier. With so many roles and powers at play this game will be interesting (and a bit of a minefield for some!) but let this episode of webDip mafia be known universally as "the Friendly Game" because of its emphasis on goodwill and mutual respect.

I have been looking forward to this game and I have studied the various roles in detail. I am afraid that having done this, I have many, many questions.
Lol coming from Jamie. Love to see you keep your cool the whole game.

There are too many roles to keep track of. Basic mechanics piece to be aware of though is that +1s give power. Don't +1 lightly.
What part of that was appreciated? You +1ed for what? The thought of Jamie keeping his cool the whole game?

LordQuas

#1575 Post by LordQuas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 pm
Claims of omgus and low activity are character attacks.

Ok, why did you vote for Foxy then less than an hour later leave AND shade the wagon?
what the hell dude? what do think a character attack is? omgusing and having low activity are both things you're doing IN THE GAME

your identity is not how you play the game

I voted foxc to get competing wagons (as I stated in my post)
I think he's frozen compared to earlier in the game (as I've stated in a post)
and darg (who I'm assuming you're referring to when you say I "shaded the wagon") voted for foxc on page 72

I voted for foxc on page 71

stop trying to make stuff up that isn't real

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1576 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 pm
DemonRHK wrote:

If Gnome is scum commuter, that means someone else fired the shot, but he claimed it. So you're suggesting scum rolled both a Commuter and a Vig, yes?
A good point. Very unlikely but possible. Not worth the risk however. Gnome could very well be scum but unlikely to be a scum karma role. Neph, damo, or bozo would fit the layout of karma.

Foxcastle

#1577 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 pm
Really?
Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:24 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 pm
Good evening, Fellow Townies! What a cultural festival this game is set to be!

Some cultures believe a long life brings wisdom. I've been playing this game for quite a long time now, and if there's one kernel of wisdom I've learned, is that it's no good losing your cool. I've been known as a drama-kween but these days I'm calmer and happier. With so many roles and powers at play this game will be interesting (and a bit of a minefield for some!) but let this episode of webDip mafia be known universally as "the Friendly Game" because of its emphasis on goodwill and mutual respect.

I have been looking forward to this game and I have studied the various roles in detail. I am afraid that having done this, I have many, many questions.
Lol coming from Jamie. Love to see you keep your cool the whole game.

There are too many roles to keep track of. Basic mechanics piece to be aware of though is that +1s give power. Don't +1 lightly.
What part of that was appreciated? You +1ed for what? The thought of Jamie keeping his cool the whole game?
Yes. You'll notice that I was also pointing out Jamiet's failed attempt to live up to his first post. I was simply supporting Squigs for calling him out on it.

LordQuas

#1578 Post by LordQuas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:21 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 pm
DemonRHK wrote:

A good point. Very unlikely but possible. Not worth the risk however. Gnome could very well be scum but unlikely to be a scum karma role. Neph, damo, or bozo would fit the layout of karma.
why wouldn't the actual vig just claim the shot if they're both wolves, this is so wifom and useless discussion

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1579 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Trying to deduce who scum is based on game mechanics is useless? This is looking like a discredit attempt with a backhanded defense of Foxy.

Fox is at almost at half of his post count and a third of his word count at halfway through the day. That's hardly frozen.

brainbomb

#1580 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 pm
##CALL GM
Are there guaranteed to be any Mafia Goons or is it possible all 5 scum have powers?
The only guaranteed power role scum has is America. it is possible scum could all have powers or could be mostly goons. anythings possible :)