Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#1241 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 03, 2024 6:51 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:49 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:06 pm
Spartaculous wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 12:39 pm

I don't like this.

##VOTE BunnyGo

Maybe BunnyGo is joking; maybe it was meant to be a genuine claim.

Anyways, I don't like this, but I would like to hear from other experienced players how likely it is for BunnyGo to make this kind of joke.
Lame!
How is this lame? Are you doing your best bona impression?

You faked a claim, damo pointed it out, you tried to pass it off as a joke, I grew suspicious, but asked for confirmation, damo and Jamie explained that you were joking, and so I backed off. How is that lame?

How am I supposed to play as a new player? I stay out of meaningful day 1 conversations, and brainbomb jumps all over me. Now, I try to read too much into a joke, and I get called lame. Do you want me inquisitive or not?
:sick:

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1242 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 03, 2024 6:53 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:45 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:48 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:32 pm
Id like a conversation about the posts made by Spartaculous. I have reread the posts and there is a false confidence to them. I say false because the tone seems misplaced, and the tone doesnt match the content of the posts. It reads like a new scum player who doesnt know that they have to be nervous about things.

Does such a thing exist? well, thats why we play the game. I would argue yes. it very much does exist. we have seen fearless mafia plays out of people recently, such as will, and I do think its much easier to play as mafia in a very early game than it is to do so later when your habits are on display.

What struck me as odd, and still does is that sparta has no townreads, and seemingly no actual scumreads. This alone is just maybe inexperience but add on top of that, they dont seem to want to inform their reads with any form of dialogue. The closest thing there is to a scumread is to make a somewhat underhanded attack on rdrivera about his lurking habits. And the weird part is that I dont really think rdrivera is even a lurker this game by the normal definitions.

What ive seen out of sparta indicates to me a player who isnt curious. They are not asking any questions or conveying anything about how to read other players alignments, or anything that can certifiably be considered towny looking.
Brainbomb is my friend. The bad guys killed him. But his words will never die. Today, I honor him.
I'm glad that he is your friend, and it is good for you to honor him. But he was irrationally overconfident in his abilities to read a newbie on day 1.

"What struck me as odd, and still does is that sparta has no townreads, and seemingly no actual scumreads." That was absolutely true at the time. "This alone is just maybe inexperience but add on top of that, they dont seem to want to inform their reads with any form of dialogue." Again, that was absolutely true at the time. I wanted to see the first day all the way through before forming opinions. Now that we have a couple of people eliminated, I am much more into figuring things out - like why damo didn't sic the bees on me.

See my post on page 52 for further explanations of my day 1 play. I firmly stand by my belief that there just isn't all that much to get out of day 1 chitchat.
What are your thoughts on Lord of Words? What are your thoughts on Lord of Bees*?

*Damo

Jamiet99uk

#1243 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 03, 2024 6:58 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:48 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:56 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:55 pm
Checking in from work so sparse and driveby.

Is there a particular poster who has contributed a strong case on Spart having lead votes so far?
Aha, here you are now.

BunnyGo has had a lot to say about Sparty McParty.
I thought so; seeing he had the first vote. I will check it out when I get time.
Ham appetite increasing.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Spartaculous

#1244 Post by Spartaculous » Fri May 03, 2024 7:00 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:47 pm
<clipped>

While it was helpful of you to explain your process, at best it just kind of renders your D1 NAI (not alignment indicative) at best. Scum Sparta could just have easily chosen that strategy as Town Sparta.
I totally agree with this. I don't read anything into anyone else's day 1 chatter either. The only thing I get out of the day 1 play is that Will is gone, so everyone who voted for him gets a chunk of town credibility (you most of all as the wagon starter), which then makes everyone else (including me, from an outside perspective) look correspondingly more suspicious.

damo666

#1245 Post by damo666 » Fri May 03, 2024 7:01 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:43 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:39 pm
kingofthepirates wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:36 pm
Zoinks, things have happened. Sorry for the lack of posting, I’ve been grinding aps and school :(. I’ve been relatively keeping up with everything, please check my reasoning: lord of words is being voted for lack of participation mainly? I’m not quite sure I totally understand the reasoning for the spartaculous wagon. Would someone please fill me in? On the ride home I’ll also throw out my 2 cents on discussions anyone invites me into or answer a few questions ppl have for me.
Top 4 town reads…go!

Top scum read…go!
##vote kingof
Silly vote

damo666

#1246 Post by damo666 » Fri May 03, 2024 7:03 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:38 pm
@sweet assuming Jamie is town can you give me a viable triple that does not include HamB?
Sparta, Vecna, and maybe Pirate.
Pirate? See, it's a struggle to exclude HamB

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1247 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri May 03, 2024 7:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
I advise my fellow townbees to place their votes on LordofWords.
That's an interesting presentation. I am assuming you've developed a case? I'll look for it later. Let's say I/we do that, destroy Lord, and they flip town, how would that make us view you?

Regarding damo, why're they getting away so easily with the hit on Food?

Just browsing the internets, I learned of a series called The Bee from 2020. Ever heard of it? Your average former special forces bee turned private detective after battling with his own demons and a serious honey addiction.

Spartaculous

#1248 Post by Spartaculous » Fri May 03, 2024 7:06 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:53 pm
What are your thoughts on Lord of Words? What are your thoughts on Lord of Bees*?

*Damo
I voted for damo because I think that town damo would be way more likely to set the bees on me instead of foodcoats, whereas Mafia damo could take out foodcoats and then try to get a miskill on me. I make this case in my original post voting him today; I'm curious to know what you think of the case.

The best case I have seen anyone make for a vote is Jamie's case for LoW; I am definitely considering switching.

sweetandcool

#1249 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 03, 2024 7:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:03 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:38 pm
@sweet assuming Jamie is town can you give me a viable triple that does not include HamB?
Sparta, Vecna, and maybe Pirate.
You could just as easily swap Ham for LordofWords or some other lurker.

I don't think there currently exists a compelling case on Ham. I think it's too early to consider him.

If he ends up being the final scum I am confident we would catch him.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1250 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri May 03, 2024 7:07 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:03 pm

Then maybe something is faulty with your deductions. Flip it around and since I am town, what viable triple does that leave you with?

Lord of Words

#1251 Post by Lord of Words » Fri May 03, 2024 7:07 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:48 pm

Brainbomb is my friend. The bad guys killed him. But his words will never die. Today, I honor him.
I'm glad that he is your friend, and it is good for you to honor him. But he was irrationally overconfident in his abilities to read a newbie on day 1.

"What struck me as odd, and still does is that sparta has no townreads, and seemingly no actual scumreads." That was absolutely true at the time. "This alone is just maybe inexperience but add on top of that, they dont seem to want to inform their reads with any form of dialogue." Again, that was absolutely true at the time. I wanted to see the first day all the way through before forming opinions. Now that we have a couple of people eliminated, I am much more into figuring things out - like why damo didn't sic the bees on me.

See my post on page 52 for further explanations of my day 1 play. I firmly stand by my belief that there just isn't all that much to get out of day 1 chitchat.

*Damo
Chiming in, I'm off work for the weekend, so I'm around to answer questions directly if you'd like.

Just going over Will's reads list.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1252 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri May 03, 2024 7:08 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:06 pm

If he ends up being the final scum I am confident we would catch him.
I always fold like a house of cards.

Lord of Words

#1253 Post by Lord of Words » Fri May 03, 2024 7:08 pm

It'd also be helpful to know if there is a post bookmarking function here. Still getting used to the layout.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1254 Post by ghug » Fri May 03, 2024 7:10 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:56 pm
ghug, bunny, worcej (anyone else really), I need your help here.

What does it mean to you when Mafia RB someone other than the NK?
That they have many or no strong PR reads and aren't super concerned about the targets being cleared.

I think it makes more sense with the jailer in play, since you don't know who roleblocked whom.

sweetandcool

#1255 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 03, 2024 7:10 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

*Damo
I voted for damo because I think that town damo would be way more likely to set the bees on me instead of foodcoats, whereas Mafia damo could take out foodcoats and then try to get a miskill on me. I make this case in my original post voting him today; I'm curious to know what you think of the case.

The best case I have seen anyone make for a vote is Jamie's case for LoW; I am definitely considering switching.
Mafia damo didn't *know* that Food was the beekeeper. I would make sense that he would sting his top scumread. The main reason why he would avoid stinging you is if you are teammates.

The main suspicious factor of his sting is not *who* he targeted, but rather his behavior surrounding the sting. Mainly that he conveniently poorly stung while not giving Food a chance to defend himself.

sweetandcool

#1256 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 03, 2024 7:11 pm

Lord of Words wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:08 pm
It'd also be helpful to know if there is a post bookmarking function here. Still getting used to the layout.
Do you know about the peterbot?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1257 Post by ghug » Fri May 03, 2024 7:11 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:12 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:45 pm
Damo how am I a null for you?

Have I not done anything you consider informative?
On top of Jamie's questions, damo, how do you factor in the RB claims into your reads?
My town read of ghug is larely due to the way he claimed (saying it implied no RB on the NK).

I don't think brain would have RBd ghug so my best guess is scum RBd and brain RBd Jamie (or scum holstered to allow a false claim but that I doubt). I guess that pushes Jamie slightly townside of null.
Brain scumread me, and I'm a likely N1 target if he's wrong. Why don't you think he'd RB me?

Jamiet99uk

#1258 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 03, 2024 7:12 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:05 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
I advise my fellow townbees to place their votes on LordofWords.
That's an interesting presentation. I am assuming you've developed a case? I'll look for it later. Let's say I/we do that, destroy Lord, and they flip town, how would that make us view you?

Regarding damo, why're they getting away so easily with the hit on Food?

Just browsing the internets, I learned of a series called The Bee from 2020. Ever heard of it? Your average former special forces bee turned private detective after battling with his own demons and a serious honey addiction.
No, that was my first post of the game.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1259 Post by ghug » Fri May 03, 2024 7:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:59 pm

Remember that one of us was likely roleblocked by town.
Implying brain wasn't RBd. Doh!
If he was, then either Ghug or myself would be lying about being Roleblocked.

Do you assume that is what is happening, Damo?
Both of us, in fact.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1260 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 03, 2024 7:13 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
I don't think there currently exists a compelling case on Ham. I think it's too early to consider him.
I believe that you are town, sweetandcool, but I hope you'll stop saying/thinking the underlined statement above.