Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#3421 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 17, 2024 10:41 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:41 pm
For a moment I forgot about Balki being Clerk. That would also explain it, even if the Clerk had a guilty.
Balki being Miller*

Jamiet99uk

#3422 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 17, 2024 11:11 pm

Well if nothing else is going to be revealed, ##Vote Bozotheclown
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

sweetandcool

#3423 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 12:57 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 11:11 pm
Well, Pirate's wording indicates maybe he'll contribute more.

For Bona, I have no idea.

I'd like to hear a more comprehensive case from you about Bozo.

Can't expect much more from Ham and I.

Would love to generally see more analysis from Bozo, but I think he is pretty set on Ham, so pretty reasonable.

I'm a big fan of hammering because the game has become dead and boring and it seems like half the players aren't intending to participate much. I'd just like to get it over with at this point.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#3424 Post by kingofthepirates » Sat May 18, 2024 2:45 am

thank you sweet for the summary. Met a friend once I got back and we had dinner. If you'd like a further expanded argument in my defense, I'll write out a longer one tomorrow (following a request and questions you would like answered), but it boils down to the following for me:

1. Previous reasons you guys have brought up I have responded too (I think, like 85% sure I hit everything)
2. Balki hard towned me. If I were mafia, I'd have kept Balki alive (logically, keep around those who do not scum read you). but Balki is dead. Ergo, it would be incredibly illogical for mafia!pirates (did I use the right syntax there?) to kill Balki. Implying town!pirates, because, as both mafia and town, I have a logical plan (something you mentioned as well).

Ham I do agree seems to be the obvious pick. as you pointed out, there seems to be a contradiction in Ham's actions. Additionally the whole clerk claim business is rather odd. I don't think there is anything I can add to this discussion.

I don't really have a case for bozo going either way, I'm tired and will see if Jamie posts something about it tomorrow.

Jamie's outbursts (if you would call them that, I understand there are irl problems in the mix too) feel authentic, but I don't know how Jamie plays, so I can't say if this is town!Jamie reacting to disagreements, or if this is scum!Jamie pushing back to divert attention and/or push his agenda. I'd like input on this bit.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

"Wonderhoy!"-Emu Otori :3

Bonatogether

#3425 Post by Bonatogether » Sat May 18, 2024 3:03 am

##vote ham for the softclaiming a pr earlier

sweetandcool

#3426 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 3:04 am

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 2:45 am
thank you sweet for the summary. Met a friend once I got back and we had dinner. If you'd like a further expanded argument in my defense, I'll write out a longer one tomorrow (following a request and questions you would like answered), but it boils down to the following for me:

1. Previous reasons you guys have brought up I have responded too (I think, like 85% sure I hit everything)
2. Balki hard towned me. If I were mafia, I'd have kept Balki alive (logically, keep around those who do not scum read you). but Balki is dead. Ergo, it would be incredibly illogical for mafia!pirates (did I use the right syntax there?) to kill Balki. Implying town!pirates, because, as both mafia and town, I have a logical plan (something you mentioned as well).

Ham I do agree seems to be the obvious pick. as you pointed out, there seems to be a contradiction in Ham's actions. Additionally the whole clerk claim business is rather odd. I don't think there is anything I can add to this discussion.

I don't really have a case for bozo going either way, I'm tired and will see if Jamie posts something about it tomorrow.

Jamie's outbursts (if you would call them that, I understand there are irl problems in the mix too) feel authentic, but I don't know how Jamie plays, so I can't say if this is town!Jamie reacting to disagreements, or if this is scum!Jamie pushing back to divert attention and/or push his agenda. I'd like input on this bit.
I hate using his outbursts as a method of reading him, but yes they seem to come from Town Jamiet. Particularly when he snapped at you, it was as if he was offended you were contradicting a basic and obvious facet of reality.

The strongest evidence, I think, is that I was not the NK (or even RB) until today. Even without Jamiet saying he thought I was cop, I would 100% have expected Mafia Jamiet team to target me over Balki N5.

Also, your number 2 makes no sense. Mafia's priority, essentially from the start of game, would have been to find Clerk. If you thought Balki was Clerk, you would have NK him, even if he was falsely claiming you were Town, for reasons unknown.

Though yeah, if you were Mafia, I don't see how you would believe Balki was Mafia.

sweetandcool

#3427 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 3:07 am

Also, Pirate, forget about past questions, critiques of your play.

Give a comprehensive, specific, overview of why you are Town.

I would also like the same thing for your top suspect, but I suppose that is optional.

bozotheclown

#3428 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 3:12 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:50 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:24 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:17 pm
Bozo, if you are claiming to have a Guilty scan on Hamilton Brian, just come out and say it, and town can win the game.
I just voted END in case there was a consensus to end the day early. We probably should not hammer until kingofthepirates comes back.
What information do you have that makes you certain that a blanket END vote is prudent?
It would take 4 votes to hammer D7, so my END vote was intended to make it easier to hammer if I was not around when others might want to end D7.

bozotheclown

#3429 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 3:16 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:03 pm
##UNEND
kingofthepirates getting mod-killed would be beneficial to town, since we could resolve Hamilton and kingofthepirates.
What if he is the cop?

I happen to think two town dying would be beneficial to the one remaining scum, Bozo, as it happens.
If he is the cop that would not have been ideal, but a mod-kill would have made it 2-1 D8 instead of 3-1, so not really beneficial to the mafia.

Bonatogether

#3430 Post by Bonatogether » Sat May 18, 2024 3:18 am

guys can we can it about the cop

if the cop hasn't claimed, there's a reason. trust the cop and just play on today.

bozotheclown

#3431 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 3:24 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 12:57 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Would love to generally see more analysis from Bozo, but I think he is pretty set on Ham, so pretty reasonable.

I'm a big fan of hammering because the game has become dead and boring and it seems like half the players aren't intending to participate much. I'd just like to get it over with at this point.
Hamilton soft claiming cop to avoid the D2 DK was a good indication he is mafia. Then he came up with a reason to town read Vecna and move his vote when Vecna was still in contention for the DK.

bozotheclown

#3432 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 3:33 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Who do you want to hammer? I think you are currently voting to hammer kingofthepirates, despite what the bot is reporting.

sweetandcool

#3433 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 3:44 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:18 am
guys can we can it about the cop

if the cop hasn't claimed, there's a reason. trust the cop and just play on today.
There has been hardly any talk about cop.

Are you reading the thread or just like the last three posts?

bozotheclown

#3434 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 3:45 am

damo was suspecting Vecna D3, and I think the mafia would anticipate NKing damo N3 would make it look like they thought he had a town scan on Hamilton.

sweetandcool

#3435 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 3:46 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:33 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Who do you want to hammer? I think you are currently voting to hammer kingofthepirates, despite what the bot is reporting.
I am hammering Ham.

I know you are utterly convinced that Ham is the baddie, but do you mind helping provide evidence why others are Town?

Like, if we are wrong who is your second choice?

sweetandcool

#3436 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 3:49 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:45 am
damo was suspecting Vecna D3, and I think the mafia would anticipate NKing damo N3 would make it look like they thought he had a town scan on Hamilton.
I agree with this.

I think Mafia had to prioritize cop hunting, that is true, but they could use one action to hunt cop and another to mislead.

I think the damo kill was mostly to mislead, and the Sparta RB mostly to cop hunt.

bozotheclown

#3437 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 3:53 am

DandW was pushing Hamilton as town, but avoided the damo NK argument, which I think the mafia would in that situation:
DiplomacyandWarfare wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:57 pm
Hi,

It looks like I have been subbed in. I'll try to catch up on what's going on.
DiplomacyandWarfare wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:49 am
I'm still behind but I have at least read the posts of the main wagons (at this time, LoW, bozo and Hamilton) for the last 24 hours, and the last 20 pages of shit. I agree with Jamiet that Will wouldn't have forgotten about Ham if Ham was his scumteammate, so that leaves bozo and LoW. Bozo's posts are erratic. Some seem almost trolly, others are helpful. I'm not sure what to make of this, but it's certainly not good townplay. Good town are consistent.
##VOTE BOZO

Strong town:
Ham

Weak town:
Jamiet
Sweet

Weak scum:
Bozo
LordofWords

Null:
Everyone else

bozotheclown

#3438 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 3:57 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:46 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:33 am
sweetandcool wrote:

I am hammering Ham.

I know you are utterly convinced that Ham is the baddie, but do you mind helping provide evidence why others are Town?

Like, if we are wrong who is your second choice?
I think this is your latest vote (the bot did not count it):
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 5:19 pm
##VOTE Pirate
kingofthepirates would be my next choice because of this:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:54 pm
kingofthepirates wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:45 pm
Not much time left, and I suppose I need to cast my vote. I’m inclined to break the tie one way or the other. If either side is willing to drop a TLDR of reasons within 10 mins, I’ll read it and weigh the options. Will’s side has more reasons overall, so I’m inclined to go that direction right now. If no one drops anything, I’m going to

##Vote will
If rdrivera had just bussed Just, I think the chances of kingofthepirates doing the same if he were mafia increase. Also, kingofthepirates hedged his vote 3 times: "I’ll read it and weigh the options", "I’m inclined to go that direction right now", "If no one drops anything".

sweetandcool

#3440 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 3:59 am

##CALL GM

Who am I currently voting?