Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DiplomacyandWarfare

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#3201 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Tue May 14, 2024 10:16 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:14 pm
DiplomacyandWarfare wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 pm
I've got it!
Sweet D5 said he had found all of the copscans:
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:34 pm
I previously stated that I had found a cop scan crumb.

I went through most of the thread this last phase and managed to find the other three scans.

Now that the bot is up, I don't want to give away too much because while the crumbs aren't the easiest to find they are clear in meaning. If I am the NK cop can reveal and if the cop is the NK I can reveal their scans.

It turns out that our Cop has gotten two guilty scans.

One of which is: Vecna.

##VOTE Vecna
##END
Having previously found a copscancrumb + finding three more means sweet had found all four copscans, including the one from N4, meaning sweet had figured out the cop's scan N4, which given the cop is balki implies balki had crumbed who the N4 scan was, but balki's only post up to that point D5 (seen above) can't possibly be a crumb for anyone except bozo. In addition, sweet is here implying he found the other three scans, aside from the one he already found, during the night, when he can't possibly have been able to see a crumb from a scan that hadn't yet happened. Meanwhile we have balki crumbing a scan that, to our knowledge, probably doesn't exist, and revealing a scan he didn't crumb.
Conclusion: Sweet is scum. Balki is either scum or a cop who is lying about his scans to get his scumreads votekilled.
Huh, you caught an error in my post, but that is all. I truly meant three scans total, one being guilty Vecna, another guilty, and a Town.

I'm surprised nobody pointed that out at the time, since other than me being the Clerk and slipping, it would be incredibly bad to have claimed to have found the N4 crumb, since it was very beginning of day and it would have pretty much immediately have identified the Clerk.
Decent point. What do you have to say about Balki's hypo scans, and where did you see balki crumb having scanned me?

sweetandcool

#3202 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 14, 2024 10:20 pm

Tue May 14, 2024 10:16 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:14 pm
Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 pm
I've got it!
Sweet D5 said he had found all of the copscans:

Having previously found a copscancrumb + finding three more means sweet had found all four copscans, including the one from N4, meaning sweet had figured out the cop's scan N4, which given the cop is balki implies balki had crumbed who the N4 scan was, but balki's only post up to that point D5 (seen above) can't possibly be a crumb for anyone except bozo. In addition, sweet is here implying he found the other three scans, aside from the one he already found, during the night, when he can't possibly have been able to see a crumb from a scan that hadn't yet happened. Meanwhile we have balki crumbing a scan that, to our knowledge, probably doesn't exist, and revealing a scan he didn't crumb.
Conclusion: Sweet is scum. Balki is either scum or a cop who is lying about his scans to get his scumreads votekilled.
Huh, you caught an error in my post, but that is all. I truly meant three scans total, one being guilty Vecna, another guilty, and a Town.

I'm surprised nobody pointed that out at the time, since other than me being the Clerk and slipping, it would be incredibly bad to have claimed to have found the N4 crumb, since it was very beginning of day and it would have pretty much immediately have identified the Clerk.
Decent point. What do you have to say about Balki's hypo scans, and where did you see balki crumb having scanned me?
I am a slow thinker, and am busy at this moment. When I have a chance to review and assess I will post my thoughts. For now I mostly only have time to read the thread.

I do agree with Balki's previous statement that unless there is a CC there is no point in revealing crumb details.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3203 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 14, 2024 10:39 pm

To be clear, I'm not endorsing anything Sweet said about crumbs or scans or any of it. I went along with Sweet yesterday because he was pushing a person I knew to be Miller or Wolf, and I figured I would survive another night by not claiming explicitly.

But I don't think any of this discussion matters to anyone who is Town until the post-game discussion, or unless the final wolf wants to step forward and counterclaim.

Also, FYI, final wolf, you probably NEED TO CC me to have any remaining chance at winning. So come up with a good story, take a deep breath, and tell us you are Cop.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#3204 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Tue May 14, 2024 11:10 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:39 pm
To be clear, I'm not endorsing anything Sweet said about crumbs or scans or any of it. I went along with Sweet yesterday because he was pushing a person I knew to be Miller or Wolf, and I figured I would survive another night by not claiming explicitly.

But I don't think any of this discussion matters to anyone who is Town until the post-game discussion, or unless the final wolf wants to step forward and counterclaim.

Also, FYI, final wolf, you probably NEED TO CC me to have any remaining chance at winning. So come up with a good story, take a deep breath, and tell us you are Cop.
Seems like a post setting either himself up for bussing sweet or setting sweet up for bussing him, via disassociating himself with sweet.

Umm... yes? It does matter if you are lying about having scumscanned me?

This seems like a very deliberate way to get the real cop to reveal, then get killed anyways.

This is very, very scummy.
##VOTE BALKI

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3205 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 14, 2024 11:51 pm

Pretty sure our man Dip is not Miller.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3206 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 15, 2024 12:39 am

Dip&W, in the event you are Miller, please use the remaining time to come up with a solve and leave a legacy for Town to follow. If you are Town, you have unique knowledge that nobody else has.

Jamiet99uk

#3207 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 15, 2024 1:03 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:36 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:34 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:29 pm

What makes you think you are out of the POE? I'd love it if I could pull you (or someone else) out of it, but I don't see it.
You can flip me if you must. I'm not going to advocate for my own wagon, am I Balki?
I am asking you if you can make a good argument to show that you are Town? If you can, please try to do so. You now have a lot of flips (both Town and Scum) to help make your case.

We have an incredible amount of information now to find that last wolf or cross people off of the POE. Go dig into it and figure it out.
You appear to pride yourself on your ability to townread people, more so than your ability to find good scumreads.

If you don't townread me, ask me questions.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Jamiet99uk

#3208 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 15, 2024 1:05 am

Tue May 14, 2024 11:10 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Seems like a post setting either himself up for bussing sweet or setting sweet up for bussing him, via disassociating himself with sweet.

This seems like a very deliberate way to get the real cop to reveal, then get killed anyways.

##VOTE BALKI
If the Real Cop is not Balki, the Real Cop would have revealed by now.

You're toast.

sweetandcool

#3209 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 15, 2024 1:14 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:05 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

##VOTE BALKI

You're toast.
Bona hasn't posted yet, so you never know.

Jamiet99uk

#3210 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 15, 2024 1:19 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:14 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

##VOTE BALKI

You're toast.
I don't.

But you claim that you do know. And Balki has endorsed your version of events.

So this is a weird correction. No?

sweetandcool

#3211 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 15, 2024 1:30 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:19 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

You're toast.
I don't.

If you say so. We are all waiting to see if a CC occurs. I have pointed out that one player has not posted yet and consequently we do not know if he will CC.

Jamiet99uk

#3212 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 15, 2024 1:47 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:30 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

I don't.

If you say so. We are all waiting to see if a CC occurs. I have pointed out that one player has not posted yet and consequently we do not know if he will CC.
Okay. Okay sure.

You are the one who says so, not me.

You are the one who claimed you had seen the cop scans, not me.

Do you think Bona is the Cop? Clearly you do not. So don't take the piss out of me.

sweetandcool

#3213 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 15, 2024 1:50 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:47 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I don't.

Okay. Okay sure.

Do you think Bona is the Cop? Clearly you do not. So don't take the piss out of me.
Jamiet, I don't appreciate your tone. This is just a game. I am not taking the piss out of anyone nor do I intend to.

Balki literally just challenged scum to CC him. I am saying Bona has not posted and consequently we me see some action.

Jamiet99uk

#3214 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 15, 2024 1:53 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:50 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:47 am
sweetandcool wrote:

Okay. Okay sure.

Jamiet, I don't appreciate your tone. This is just a game. I am not taking the piss out of anyone nor do I intend to.

Balki literally just challenged scum to CC him. I am saying Bona has not posted and consequently we me see some action.
How likely do you think that is?

If Bona CC's now it would blow your entire performance over the last two days out of the water.

How likely do you think that is?

Are you changing your story?

Jamiet99uk

#3215 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 15, 2024 1:55 am

I don't care what you think about my tone.

If you think I believe Bonatogether can sincerely make a counter-cop-claim, and simultaneously you intend to maintain your position regarding cop crumbs, you are insulting my intelligence. Don't. I'm not that stupid.

sweetandcool

#3216 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 15, 2024 2:01 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:55 am

If you think I believe Bonatogether can sincerely make a counter-cop-claim, and simultaneously you intend to maintain your position regarding cop crumbs, you are insulting my intelligence. Don't. I'm not that stupid.
I'm sorry you feel that way. My "story" does not feel threatened to me, and I don't see how acknowledging the possibility of Bona CC really affects me. If Bona CC, I will certainly pitch in to the resulting discussion.

Jamiet99uk

#3217 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 15, 2024 2:07 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:01 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way. My "story" does not feel threatened to me, and I don't see how acknowledging the possibility of Bona CC really affects me. If Bona CC, I will certainly pitch in to the resulting discussion.
Excuse me.

You claimed you had realised who the Cop was, and saw two guilty cop scans.

You claimed one guilty scan was on Vecna, and the other one was on XXX.

We flipped Vecna, he was scum - this validates one half of your "gotcha".

Balki claims that he is the Cop and Dip&War is his other guilty scan.

You immediately whoop with joy and vote for Dip&War, implying he was XXX and that Balki was indeed the Cop you had noticed.

You are now saying that if Bonatogether is the Cop, none of the above is invalidated?

What?

sweetandcool

#3218 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 15, 2024 2:12 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:07 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Excuse me.

You immediately whoop with joy and vote for Dip&War, implying he was XXX and that Balki was indeed the Cop you had noticed.

You are now saying that if Bonatogether is the Cop, none of the above is invalidated?

What?
Woah, when did I say or imply Bona is Cop???

Jamiet99uk

#3219 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 15, 2024 2:23 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:12 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:07 am
sweetandcool wrote:

Excuse me.

What?
Woah, when did I say or imply Bona is Cop???
You are suggesting you expect him to (plausibly) be able to CC Balki.

Are you not?

Jamiet99uk

#3220 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 15, 2024 2:24 am

This:
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:50 am
If you do not believe a Bonatogether counter-claim would be plausible, why did you say these words?