Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#3181 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 14, 2024 9:02 pm

My guess is it must be Bozo or Hamilton.

@Balki did you have any urge to CC Hamilton? If not, why not?
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3182 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 14, 2024 9:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:00 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:46 pm

Last night, for something to do, because of the post ban. I wanted to see if i could see what Sweet had seen.

To be clear, I did not know it was D&W: I was looking for people crumbling a scan on Vecna *and* a second still-living player.

Tbh I concluded that there was no second crumb, and that Sweetandcool was actually the Cop, playing a very clever game.
I don't feel the need to get into my crumbs unless I have a CC.
Well, okay, that's a shame as I'd like to know the answer to the puzzle.

You did very well, anyway.

Now the question is, do any connections between Vecna / JustWill / Diplomacy& point the way to the final scumbert?
Yeah, I've been thinking about that overnight. Though, I have been thinking about it more from the perspective of finding Town players and finding the last scum by process of elimination.

I noticed Sparta's Hypo scan right before he died had Town reads on Bunny and Bozo. That caused me to rethink my Scum!Bozo read. What do you think about that? If Sparta was wrong in hypo-scanning Bozo Town, he seems like an odd choice for a NK that was likely looking for Cop.

Jamiet99uk

#3183 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 14, 2024 9:05 pm

Town is in a great place now.

You can even afford to flip me tomorrow if it satisfies some people's curiosity.

Assuming we flipping DandW today, and Balki makes the ultimate sacrifice tonight, it will be 6 town vs 1 last scum.

Jamiet99uk

#3184 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 14, 2024 9:09 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:05 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:00 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:55 pm

I don't feel the need to get into my crumbs unless I have a CC.
Well, okay, that's a shame as I'd like to know the answer to the puzzle.

You did very well, anyway.

Now the question is, do any connections between Vecna / JustWill / Diplomacy& point the way to the final scumbert?
Yeah, I've been thinking about that overnight. Though, I have been thinking about it more from the perspective of finding Town players and finding the last scum by process of elimination.

I noticed Sparta's Hypo scan right before he died had Town reads on Bunny and Bozo. That caused me to rethink my Scum!Bozo read. What do you think about that? If Sparta was wrong in hypo-scanning Bozo Town, he seems like an odd choice for a NK that was likely looking for Cop.
You might have something there, Balki.

That narrows it down to Hamilton or Bona.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3185 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 14, 2024 9:12 pm

I'm feeling a little less conviction on Bona's slot too. He made 111 posts Day 1. He's made 133 posts in the next four days. I am not seeing a lot of solving energy from him, and he is rising a bit higher in the POE just based on running out of suspects.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#3186 Post by kingofthepirates » Tue May 14, 2024 9:15 pm

##vote diplomacyandwarfare

well, this seems simple enough. not much time rn, but I'll pop by later for more comments and reading.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

"Wonderhoy!"-Emu Otori :3

Jamiet99uk

#3187 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 14, 2024 9:26 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:12 pm
I'm feeling a little less conviction on Bona's slot too. He made 111 posts Day 1. He's made 133 posts in the next four days. I am not seeing a lot of solving energy from him, and he is rising a bit higher in the POE just based on running out of suspects.
Tomorrow we can make Hamilton and Bona fight for our approval.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#3188 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Tue May 14, 2024 9:29 pm

Wait what
@Balki I thought you scanned bozo guilty. Your post on D5 below looked like a crumb of a scumscan on bozo.
1. If this wasn't a crumb of bozo being scum, what is it?
2. Did you crumb me?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3189 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 14, 2024 9:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:26 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
What makes you think you are out of the POE? I'd love it if I could pull you (or someone else) out of it, but I don't see it.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3190 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 14, 2024 9:30 pm

DiplomacyandWarfare wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:29 pm
Wait what
@Balki I thought you scanned bozo guilty. Your post on D5 below looked like a crumb of a scumscan on bozo.
1. If this wasn't a crumb of bozo being scum, what is it?
2. Did you crumb me?
I'll answer questions about crumbs if I have a legitimate counterclaim. Do you want to claim that you are Cop?

DiplomacyandWarfare

#3191 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Tue May 14, 2024 9:31 pm

This is the post I'm referring to:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:28 pm
These bozos missed Cop again. I think we’re going to win!

Jamiet99uk

#3192 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 14, 2024 9:34 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
What makes you think you are out of the POE? I'd love it if I could pull you (or someone else) out of it, but I don't see it.
You can flip me if you must. I'm not going to advocate for my own wagon, am I Balki?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3193 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 14, 2024 9:36 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:34 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

You can flip me if you must. I'm not going to advocate for my own wagon, am I Balki?
I am asking you if you can make a good argument to show that you are Town? If you can, please try to do so. You now have a lot of flips (both Town and Scum) to help make your case.

We have an incredible amount of information now to find that last wolf or cross people off of the POE. Go dig into it and figure it out.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#3195 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 pm

I've got it!
Sweet D5 said he had found all of the copscans:
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:34 pm
I previously stated that I had found a cop scan crumb.

I went through most of the thread this last phase and managed to find the other three scans.

Now that the bot is up, I don't want to give away too much because while the crumbs aren't the easiest to find they are clear in meaning. If I am the NK cop can reveal and if the cop is the NK I can reveal their scans.

It turns out that our Cop has gotten two guilty scans.

One of which is: Vecna.

##VOTE Vecna
##END
Having previously found a copscancrumb + finding three more means sweet had found all four copscans, including the one from N4, meaning sweet had figured out the cop's scan N4, which given the cop is balki implies balki had crumbed who the N4 scan was, but balki's only post up to that point D5 (seen above) can't possibly be a crumb for anyone except bozo. In addition, sweet is here implying he found the other three scans, aside from the one he already found, during the night, when he can't possibly have been able to see a crumb from a scan that hadn't yet happened. Meanwhile we have balki crumbing a scan that, to our knowledge, probably doesn't exist, and revealing a scan he didn't crumb.
Conclusion: Sweet is scum. Balki is either scum or a cop who is lying about his scans to get his scumreads votekilled.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#3196 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Tue May 14, 2024 9:51 pm

By the way, do we want to talk about Balki's hypo scans? He claimed to have hypo scanned Ham town. So why is he entertaining the idea of Ham being scum?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3197 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue May 14, 2024 10:10 pm

Unless there's a cc I think we put our faith in Balki.

I am cautious about a PoE of 2. Flipping me town doesn't carry that bona isn't town either.

Just be mindful of that.

Jamie's right though; we're in good shape at this point.

I have an interview I need to prep for. You won't see me again until after 7pm EST tomorrow.

##Vote Diplomacy

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3198 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 14, 2024 10:12 pm

##END

sweetandcool

#3199 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 14, 2024 10:14 pm

DiplomacyandWarfare wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 pm
I've got it!
Sweet D5 said he had found all of the copscans:
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:34 pm
I previously stated that I had found a cop scan crumb.

I went through most of the thread this last phase and managed to find the other three scans.

Now that the bot is up, I don't want to give away too much because while the crumbs aren't the easiest to find they are clear in meaning. If I am the NK cop can reveal and if the cop is the NK I can reveal their scans.

It turns out that our Cop has gotten two guilty scans.

One of which is: Vecna.

##VOTE Vecna
##END
Having previously found a copscancrumb + finding three more means sweet had found all four copscans, including the one from N4, meaning sweet had figured out the cop's scan N4, which given the cop is balki implies balki had crumbed who the N4 scan was, but balki's only post up to that point D5 (seen above) can't possibly be a crumb for anyone except bozo. In addition, sweet is here implying he found the other three scans, aside from the one he already found, during the night, when he can't possibly have been able to see a crumb from a scan that hadn't yet happened. Meanwhile we have balki crumbing a scan that, to our knowledge, probably doesn't exist, and revealing a scan he didn't crumb.
Conclusion: Sweet is scum. Balki is either scum or a cop who is lying about his scans to get his scumreads votekilled.
Huh, you caught an error in my post, but that is all. I truly meant three scans total, one being guilty Vecna, another guilty, and a Town.

I'm surprised nobody pointed that out at the time, since other than me being the Clerk and slipping, it would be incredibly bad to have claimed to have found the N4 crumb, since it was very beginning of day and it would have pretty much immediately have identified the Clerk.

sweetandcool

#3200 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 14, 2024 10:15 pm

Let's hold off the hammers until closer to the 24 hour mark. I would like some time to properly assess the gamestate.

While I personally scumread Dip, we must entertain the possibility he is Miller. Consequently, we should not rush.