Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#2101 Post by sweetandcool » Mon May 06, 2024 7:17 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:07 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 4:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:10 pm
Is anyone interested in flipping Bozo or Damo?
I could maybe flip Bozo.

Strongly prefer LoW or Vecna, but I could see Bozo being the third teammate. Would increase the chances LoW is Mafia if Bozo flips Mafia.
LoW and Vecna are your top scum reads? Why not Bonatogether or Jamie? They voted for you D2 as well.
Yes. Voting me doesn't automatically make someone scummy.

I'm not very motivated to update my scumreads until we either flip Vecna/LoW or we flip scum.

Of course, if someone comes up with a great case against my non-scumreads, I may be motivated to update those reads, but currently it seems better to focus on my scum reads.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2102 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon May 06, 2024 7:18 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:04 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 4:03 pm
##vote Bozo

He’s in my POE*, I don’t feel like he’s being particularly productive, and I’m quite curious to know his alignment.

*Process of Elimination
What would you like me to produce?

Assuming you are town, I think you might have just fallen into a mafia trap, where a scum (Jamie) looks for a town to help start a wagon on another town.
Why would you assume I am Town?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2103 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon May 06, 2024 7:20 pm

Seems like there's some coalescing around LoW and bozo.

I'd like to know how worcej tracks; the claim about not being able to track the votecount does make sense and is believable. Could be considered an attempted save of LoW.

Bozo's uncounted vote (not even sure it's documented anywhere) at the very last second must rattle a chain or two.

Does the flip of mafia!LoW point an accusatory finger to worcej?

##Vote Lord

bozotheclown

#2104 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 06, 2024 7:21 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:18 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
##vote Bozo

He’s in my POE*, I don’t feel like he’s being particularly productive, and I’m quite curious to know his alignment.

*Process of Elimination

Assuming you are town, I think you might have just fallen into a mafia trap, where a scum (Jamie) looks for a town to help start a wagon on another town.
I am not assuming you are in general, just for the scenario where you fell into Jamie's trap. You are not among my top scum reads, though, and Jamie is, so I think it is a reasonable possibility.

bozotheclown

#2105 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 06, 2024 7:22 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:18 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
##vote Bozo

*Process of Elimination

Who are your top 3 scum reads? You did not respond to my survey.

bozotheclown

#2106 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

I could maybe flip Bozo.

Strongly prefer LoW or Vecna, but I could see Bozo being the third teammate. Would increase the chances LoW is Mafia if Bozo flips Mafia.
LoW and Vecna are your top scum reads? Why not Bonatogether or Jamie? They voted for you D2 as well.

I'm not very motivated to update my scumreads until we either flip Vecna/LoW or we flip scum.

Of course, if someone comes up with a great case against my non-scumreads, I may be motivated to update those reads, but currently it seems better to focus on my scum reads.
Well, of the 4 players who vote for you D2, you scum read the 2 I think are town but not the 2 I suspect could be mafia.

sweetandcool

#2107 Post by sweetandcool » Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Well, of the 4 players who vote for you D2, you scum read the 2 I think are town but not the 2 I suspect could be mafia.
Okay. Suppose LoW is scum.

Who would you suspect?

If we flip LoW today, and he is Town, that will shake my reads quite a bit. For starters, I would think your odds of being Town are dramatically improved.

bozotheclown

#2108 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 06, 2024 7:35 pm

I am revising my mafia prediction to Bonatogether/Jamie/sweetandcool. They may not seem to fit too well together based on D1 voting, but there are some interactions between them that seem unusual to me.

Since sweetandcool seems to be the more widely suspected of the 3:

##VOTE sweetandcool

bozotheclown

#2109 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 06, 2024 7:40 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Who would you suspect?

If we flip LoW today, and he is Town, that will shake my reads quite a bit. For starters, I would think your odds of being Town are dramatically improved.
I don't know off hand, you could ask that about any player I think is probably town, but I don't have time to look at all those possibilities.

sweetandcool

#2110 Post by sweetandcool » Mon May 06, 2024 7:44 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:40 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

Who would you suspect?

I don't know off hand, you could ask that about any player I think is probably town, but I don't have time to look at all those possibilities.
Fair. Well just remember it's a path to getting me to potentially Town you.

bozotheclown

#2111 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 06, 2024 7:48 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:20 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 5:58 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:47 pm

Wow, I think I agree with your assessment, though Vecna is null for me.

What's tickling you about Vecna?

Who do you want to talk about?
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm
In order of willingness to vote for:

ghug
Jamiet
Will

Not willing to vote for:

bona
Balki
brainbomb
When you said you agreed with Just's assessment, it sounds like you meant his town read of Jamie, so why did Jamie become one of your top scum reads?
Wow, I can't even figure out why I particularly asked Will that. I'm guessing it was because Vecna and Jamiet were online?

I know for a decent portion of D1 I was suffering paranoia about ghug and Jamiet being teammates. Probably had something to do with them both voting me in an insufferable manner (sidenote, imagine my disappointment when they both claimed RB).

But yeah, drawing a total blank here. I don't recall ever towning Jamiet D1, but you are correct that that post was indicating it.

Best guess is I was buttering Will up an just trying to get some thoughts out of him.
I suspect there was a scum related reason for this interaction.

Jamiet99uk

#2112 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 06, 2024 7:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
##vote Bozo

*Process of Elimination

1. I am not scum.
2. I started the wagon on you, and then Balki joined it.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Jamiet99uk

#2113 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 06, 2024 7:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:10 pm
Is anyone interested in flipping Bozo or Damo?
I could maybe flip Bozo.

Why would I be anybody's top scumread?

sweetandcool

#2114 Post by sweetandcool » Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:48 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:20 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 5:58 am

When you said you agreed with Just's assessment, it sounds like you meant his town read of Jamie, so why did Jamie become one of your top scum reads?
Wow, I can't even figure out why I particularly asked Will that. I'm guessing it was because Vecna and Jamiet were online?

I know for a decent portion of D1 I was suffering paranoia about ghug and Jamiet being teammates. Probably had something to do with them both voting me in an insufferable manner (sidenote, imagine my disappointment when they both claimed RB).

But yeah, drawing a total blank here. I don't recall ever towning Jamiet D1, but you are correct that that post was indicating it.

Best guess is I was buttering Will up an just trying to get some thoughts out of him.
I suspect there was a scum related reason for this interaction.
If it's only because I can't remember you'll have to find a better reason.

If I was Mafia I simply could have lied to you.

Jamiet99uk

#2115 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 06, 2024 7:52 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:35 pm
I am revising my mafia prediction to Bonatogether/Jamie/sweetandcool. They may not seem to fit too well together based on D1 voting, but there are some interactions between them that seem unusual to me.

##VOTE sweetandcool
You think that all of that argument between Bona and Sweet on D1 was a dramatic production of scum theatre?

You really think that, Bozo? They were yelling at each other for a good long time.

Jamiet99uk

#2116 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 06, 2024 7:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:52 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

##VOTE sweetandcool
You think that all of that argument between Bona and Sweet on D1 was a dramatic production of scum theatre?

You really think that, Bozo? They were yelling at each other for a good long time.
Edit: It started on D1 but in fact most of their fight was during D2, I just looked back.

bozotheclown

#2117 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 06, 2024 7:54 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:54 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:43 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:25 am

Sort of surprising that Bozo did not just default to 1 = first name alphabetically.

Which is Balki.

Why the focus on these 2 specifically Bozo?
Assuming sweetandcool did not want to vote for himself, 1-34 would make sense if that were the case, but not 1-32.

Why do assume sweetandcool did not ignore the number selection and vote for who he wanted to vote for? I was not in M87, but based on the D1 and D2 voting, it seems sweetandcool might be motivated to vote for Balki. Or, sweetandcool and Balki could be mafia teammates and the apparently random vote could be a distancing ploy.
Honestly the answer is that I had it in my head that there were 16 players not 18. I then multiplied by 2 to vaguely disguise my intention to use Will as RNG. I chose Will because he was online and active in thread.

Given that there was no prechat, it's hard to believe scum sweetandcool somehow coordinated with scum Will to fabricate a vote on Balki.

Conclusion:

1. NAI sweetandcool did an RNG bit.
2. Scum sweetandcool wanted an interaction with Will either as buddying or pretend buddying.
3. Any alignment sweetandcool did not fabricate a vote on Balki because that is ludicrously implausible.

I can certify that at least two of those conclusions are correct.
I was not implying that I thought sweetandcool and Just were coordinating something, which obviously would not make sense. I thought it was unusual that sweetandcool assumed that was what I was implying and defended it.

bozotheclown

#2118 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 06, 2024 7:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:50 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
##vote Bozo

*Process of Elimination

1. I am not scum.
2. I started the wagon on you, and then Balki joined it.
You asked if anyone was interested in voting for me first, though, then Balki said he was, then you voted for me.

sweetandcool

#2119 Post by sweetandcool » Mon May 06, 2024 7:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:54 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:54 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:43 pm

Assuming sweetandcool did not want to vote for himself, 1-34 would make sense if that were the case, but not 1-32.

Why do assume sweetandcool did not ignore the number selection and vote for who he wanted to vote for? I was not in M87, but based on the D1 and D2 voting, it seems sweetandcool might be motivated to vote for Balki. Or, sweetandcool and Balki could be mafia teammates and the apparently random vote could be a distancing ploy.
Honestly the answer is that I had it in my head that there were 16 players not 18. I then multiplied by 2 to vaguely disguise my intention to use Will as RNG. I chose Will because he was online and active in thread.

Given that there was no prechat, it's hard to believe scum sweetandcool somehow coordinated with scum Will to fabricate a vote on Balki.

Conclusion:

1. NAI sweetandcool did an RNG bit.
2. Scum sweetandcool wanted an interaction with Will either as buddying or pretend buddying.
3. Any alignment sweetandcool did not fabricate a vote on Balki because that is ludicrously implausible.

I can certify that at least two of those conclusions are correct.
I was not implying that I thought sweetandcool and Just were coordinating something, which obviously would not make sense. I thought it was unusual that sweetandcool assumed that was what I was implying and defended it.
Dude, regardless of your alignment I don't know why you keep making weird mistakes.

Your first posts you literally speculated about Will and I bussing just like previous games.

It was only logical to assume you had that in mind while asking me about my RNG bit that happened to involve Will.

bozotheclown

#2120 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 06, 2024 8:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:52 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

##VOTE sweetandcool

Edit: It started on D1 but in fact most of their fight was during D2, I just looked back.
I thought you might have been talking about Just and Bonatogether from D1, but apparently not. Obviously my mafia theory involves a lot of bussing.