Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#1921 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun May 05, 2024 10:39 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:15 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:11 pm
Spartaculous wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:02 pm
Ham - I have a question for you. When you post here, do you tend to do so more from a smartphone or from a computer?
I’d say 50-50. Just depends where I am. Like right now cleaning out my garage, iPhone. Why do you ask?
I'm sorry for the nosiness, but I'm not sure if I want to say why yet. I promise I have a game-relevant reason for the question.

Let me just ask a follow-up question: when you post one of your handful of longest posts, would those have been done on a computer or smartphone?
Computer for sure; couldn’t do that on a phobe

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#1922 Post by kingofthepirates » Sun May 05, 2024 10:43 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:39 pm
Spartaculous wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:

I’d say 50-50. Just depends where I am. Like right now cleaning out my garage, iPhone. Why do you ask?
I'm sorry for the nosiness, but I'm not sure if I want to say why yet. I promise I have a game-relevant reason for the question.

Let me just ask a follow-up question: when you post one of your handful of longest posts, would those have been done on a computer or smartphone?
ruh roh, I don't like this, feels a bit like trying to sniff out inconsistencies or faults using irl factors (typing on computer vs phone). imo, not a reliable thing to rely on as evidence. Sparta, where is this going?
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

"Wonderhoy!"-Emu Otori :3

Spartaculous

#1923 Post by Spartaculous » Sun May 05, 2024 10:44 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Great; thanks for hümoring me with a silly question or two.

kingofthepirates

#1924 Post by kingofthepirates » Sun May 05, 2024 10:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:24 pm
I will gladiate you if I need to, you little shit.
unrelated to this game, but what does gladiate mean? looks like a fun word, but I couldn't find any context where it is used as verb...
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

bozotheclown

#1925 Post by bozotheclown » Sun May 05, 2024 10:45 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:35 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:32 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:22 pm

Didn't Hamilton retract his cop claim, though?
yes but the day one crumb is undeniable so either

a) Ham is CLERK in which case he should reveal his scans before he gets NKd N3

b) Ham is VT and prepared this to eat a NK if a) scum spotted it b) he was in danger and could point to it

c) Ham is scum and craftily prepared this to avoid an early DK and sniff out the real clerk.

I dismiss a) and think b) closer to Ham mo and charcter than c).

c) is a bit high risk.

Conclusion Ham is VT.
Furthermore, if Ham is Town, which I now believe, then not DKing him is brilliant. Then Mafia either run the risk that Ham is really the Clerk, or they "waste" the NK on him, when they would really rather that we do there work for them.
Hamilton clearly implied he was the cop to avoid the D2 DK. He did not claim he was RBed, so if he is not mafia, the mafia have no concern he is the cop. Unless Hamilton hard claims cop, he should be DKed D3.

PR crumbs are typically from PRs, or mafia setting up fake PR claims.

Spartaculous

#1926 Post by Spartaculous » Sun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:43 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:

ruh roh, I don't like this, feels a bit like trying to sniff out inconsistencies or faults using irl factors (typing on computer vs phone). imo, not a reliable thing to rely on as evidence. Sparta, where is this going?
I don't feel comfortable saying more right now, other than I currently oppose voting for Ham given the situation at hand.

damo666

#1927 Post by damo666 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:24 pm
I will gladiate you if I need to, you little shit.
unrelated to this game, but what does gladiate mean? looks like a fun word, but I couldn't find any context where it is used as verb...
gladiator is a role in mafia where you can challenge someone and the vote is between those 2 only

bozotheclown

#1928 Post by bozotheclown » Sun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:38 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:36 pm
damo666 wrote:

b) Ham is VT and prepared this to eat a NK if a) scum spotted it b) he was in danger and could point to it

c) Ham is scum and craftily prepared this to avoid an early DK and sniff out the real clerk.

c) is a bit high risk.

Conclusion Ham is VT.
Him soft claiming cop to avoid the D2 DK looks a lot more scum motivated, though.
Can we just agree Ham is off the table for today?
No, I do not agree with that.

damo666

#1929 Post by damo666 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:48 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:44 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:

Great; thanks for hümoring me with a silly question or two.
Explain

kingofthepirates

#1930 Post by kingofthepirates » Sun May 05, 2024 10:49 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm
quotes snipped

I don't feel comfortable saying more right now, other than I currently oppose voting for Ham given the situation at hand.
alright, that's fair. though I hope for an explanation later down the line.

I also don't want to vote ham right now, at least until someone explains to me what ham is claiming, I'm super confused as to the state of that discussion.

kingofthepirates

#1931 Post by kingofthepirates » Sun May 05, 2024 10:52 pm

damo666 wrote:
gladiator is a role in mafia where you can challenge someone and the vote is between those 2 only
oh, fun, thanks damo.

Jamie, it was a joke, a simple jest, an elementary quip, a straightforward gag, a pleasantry, a shaggy-dog story, an old chestnut, a-

ok I'll end this wisecrack (HA! another one! betcha didn't expect that!), I'm not hunting for more synonyms for 'joke'...

bozotheclown

#1932 Post by bozotheclown » Sun May 05, 2024 10:54 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:49 pm
Spartaculous wrote:
quotes snipped

I also don't want to vote ham right now, at least until someone explains to me what ham is claiming, I'm super confused as to the state of that discussion.
Hamilton implied he was cop to avoid being the D2 DK, and is now saying he is not the cop but was trying to draw the NK. Mafia claiming a PR to avoid a DK when they are confident the DK will be diverted to a town is a common mafia play.

damo666

#1933 Post by damo666 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:54 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:
quotes snipped

he crumbed CLERK day 1

he strongly hinted at it under pressure EOD2

he now says he is vt and was trying to eat a NK (thus explaining why he couldn't reveal any scans and avoided ghug's and my call for them)

damo666

#1934 Post by damo666 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:56 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:54 pm
kingofthepirates wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:
quotes snipped

Hamilton implied he was cop to avoid being the D2 DK, and is now saying he is not the cop but was trying to draw the NK. Mafia claiming a PR to avoid a DK when they are confident the DK will be diverted to a town is a common mafia play.
This summary omits the all important D1 crumb. Why bozo? Inconvenient?

kingofthepirates

#1935 Post by kingofthepirates » Sun May 05, 2024 10:57 pm

damo666 wrote:
he now says he is vt and was trying to eat a NK (thus explaining why he couldn't reveal any scans and avoided ghug's and my call for them)
Ok, gotcha, thanks damo and bozo for explaining. honestly this last one makes me slightly sus ham a bit more than before, given ghug was killed. Perhaps mafia was trying to take some pressure off of ham?

sweetandcool

#1936 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:45 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:35 pm
damo666 wrote:

c) is a bit high risk.

Conclusion Ham is VT.
Furthermore, if Ham is Town, which I now believe, then not DKing him is brilliant. Then Mafia either run the risk that Ham is really the Clerk, or they "waste" the NK on him, when they would really rather that we do there work for them.
Hamilton clearly implied he was the cop to avoid the D2 DK. He did not claim he was RBed, so if he is not mafia, the mafia have no concern he is the cop. Unless Hamilton hard claims cop, he should be DKed D3.

PR crumbs are typically from PRs, or mafia setting up fake PR claims.
Great, let Mafia leave our Clerk alive. Voting Ham is clearly anti-town.

kingofthepirates

#1937 Post by kingofthepirates » Sun May 05, 2024 11:01 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:57 pm
damo666 wrote:
Ok, gotcha, thanks damo and bozo for explaining. honestly this last one makes me slightly sus ham a bit more than before, given ghug was killed. Perhaps mafia was trying to take some pressure off of ham?
For the record, I still don't want vote for ham, but this is certainly a possibility to consider. it gives more reasoning to the ghug kill, for example.

sweetandcool

#1938 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 05, 2024 11:07 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:
quotes snipped

Timeline:

Ham crumbs that he is a Clerk on D1. Presumably it wasn't noticed by anybody, but damo found it since Ham told us about it and it clearly spells out "CLERK".

End of day 2 Ham hamfistedly soft claims Clerk in the most unbelievable way possible.

Unsurprisingly, Mafia didn't believe his claim and NK ghug.

Now Ham has renounced his claim, saying he setup the claim D1 as a way to eat the NK at some point.
----------------------------------------------

Now what we should do about this is quite obvious:

Case 1: Ham is Town, possibly actually a great actor and actually the Clerk (I believe this).

Then we should not DK him. Force Mafia to either NK him, focus their role blocks on him, or even ignore him, which would be awesome if he is actually the Clerk.

Case 2: Ham is Mafia.

If we incorrectly do the best play, assuming Case 1, then worst case our Clerk will catch him. Though it is likely we would eventually catch him. Certainly he wouldn't be allowed to make it to final 3.

TLDR Ham should not be up for the vote today.

damo666

#1939 Post by damo666 » Sun May 05, 2024 11:12 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 11:07 pm
kingofthepirates wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:
quotes snipped

Timeline:

Ham crumbs that he is a Clerk on D1. Presumably it wasn't noticed by anybody, but damo found it since Ham told us about it and it clearly spells out "CLERK".

End of day 2 Ham hamfistedly soft claims Clerk in the most unbelievable way possible.

Unsurprisingly, Mafia didn't believe his claim and NK ghug.

Now Ham has renounced his claim, saying he setup the claim D1 as a way to eat the NK at some point.
----------------------------------------------

Now what we should do about this is quite obvious:

Case 1: Ham is Town, possibly actually a great actor and actually the Clerk (I believe this).

Then we should not DK him. Force Mafia to either NK him, focus their role blocks on him, or even ignore him, which would be awesome if he is actually the Clerk.

Case 2: Ham is Mafia.

If we incorrectly do the best play, assuming Case 1, then worst case our Clerk will catch him. Though it is likely we would eventually catch him. Certainly he wouldn't be allowed to make it to final 3.

TLDR Ham should not be up for the vote today.
Agreed.

Jamie and worcej should be suspect for endvoting Ham but I suspect it's naivety and they will move off.

I shall join you on

##vote Vecna

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1940 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun May 05, 2024 11:21 pm

Holy mother of all that is unholy!!! Are Jamie and bozo being intentionally obtuse as mafia or really confounded by what's happened.

Mafiareading you both now for just this shit.

If there is real CLERK out there that isn't me, don't CC. Don't talk about it anymore, and don't talk scans.

Go back to EOD on both days.