Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#1101 Post by Vecna » Fri May 03, 2024 10:13 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 pm
GM Note:
Suddenly, a swarm of bees comes out of nowhere and sting someone to death!

"No you fool! Not the bees! They're MY BEES!"

Foodcoats has died! He was the Beekeeper!
what the actual fuck

Vecna

#1102 Post by Vecna » Fri May 03, 2024 10:15 am

Spartaculous wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 pm
Chaqa wrote:
GM Note:

Well, this is mighty convenient for me, in a way. Two of the three people who voted for me at the end of Day 1 are gone.
While I think this comment is hilarious in a vacuum, it seemed a tad bit gleefull after a PR just died.

Vecna

#1103 Post by Vecna » Fri May 03, 2024 10:19 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:28 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:26 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 pm
Did you shoot foodcoats?
I stung him to death.
This question and answer just makes me laugh. I'm sorry.

I was so happy we had a beekeeper in this game, and I am sad that he is gone, but I feel like sonnets will be written about this, and so it's okay.
If balki is putting on some master-performance as scum in this moment, this is the mvp post of the game.

Same if damo as scum just murdered the beekeeper and just openly claims it.

Both are probably town here, although I wouldnt completely put it past damo to just try and turn this into towncred by claiming.

Jamiet99uk

#1104 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 03, 2024 10:27 am

Lord of Words is scum.

Allow me to demonstrate:
Lord of Words wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:25 pm
Alrighty. Here. Juggling a few things, but I'm reading back the thread now.

Good to be part of the game.
^ This is an anchor post.
Lord of Words wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 am
LordOfSilence, more like.
Fair, though work has been kinda rough this week and there was an emergency last night.

That said, I have been reading the thread to get a hold to dynamics and tells here.

To start, I don't think Bona is scum; his behavior and comments seem too over the top on D1 for that.
^The first 2/3rds of this post are just anchoring.
Lord of Words wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:49 am
The Will was something of a surprise, but it could provide a decent roadmap for us going forward given his reads.

I'm working from home the next few days, so my play should be uninterrupted.

Lord of Words has posted five times, in total, in this game. Two of those posts were pure anchor posts and a third had a degree of anchoring.

"What is an anchor post, Jamie?"

Other people may have different words for it, but the term "anchor post" used to be used in webDip Mafia quite often, so it's the term I am using. An anchor post is a post which effectively declares:

"Hey, I'm participating; I'm reading the thread and I sure will have some thoughts to share."

....but which actually demonstrates almost no participation and which shares little or nothing in the way of thoughts about the gamestate. Anchor posts are used by people who wish to be seen to be present, but who, for various possible reasons, do not wish to have any actual impact on the game whatsoever.

Anchor posts are more common from scum, especially newbie scum, than from town. Y2kjbk, when he was a regular player, used to employ anchor posts frequently as scum, until I caught him for doing it.

This is what I think we are seeing here.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Spartaculous

#1105 Post by Spartaculous » Fri May 03, 2024 10:33 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 10:27 am
Lord of Words is scum.

Allow me to demonstrate:
Lord of Words wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:25 pm
Alrighty. Here. Juggling a few things, but I'm reading back the thread now.

Good to be part of the game.
Lord of Words wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 am
LordOfSilence, more like.
Fair, though work has been kinda rough this week and there was an emergency last night.

That said, I have been reading the thread to get a hold to dynamics and tells here.

To start, I don't think Bona is scum; his behavior and comments seem too over the top on D1 for that.
^The first 2/3rds of this post are just anchoring.
Lord of Words wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:49 am
The Will was something of a surprise, but it could provide a decent roadmap for us going forward given his reads.

I'm working from home the next few days, so my play should be uninterrupted.

Lord of Words has posted five times, in total, in this game. Two of those posts were pure anchor posts and a third had a degree of anchoring.

"What is an anchor post, Jamie?"

Other people may have different words for it, but the term "anchor post" used to be used in webDip Mafia quite often, so it's the term I am using. An anchor post is a post which effectively declares:

"Hey, I'm participating; I'm reading the thread and I sure will have some thoughts to share."

....but which actually demonstrates almost no participation and which shares little or nothing in the way of thoughts about the gamestate. Anchor posts are used by people who wish to be seen to be present, but who, for various possible reasons, do not wish to have any actual impact on the game whatsoever.

Anchor posts are more common from scum, especially newbie scum, than from town. Y2kjbk, when he was a regular player, used to employ anchor posts frequently as scum, until I caught him for doing it.

This is what I think we are seeing here.
This is an intriguing thought, and I will have to seriously consider it. It did occur to me last night that Lord of War wasn't getting much attention, probably because he wasn't posting all that much. I was considering voting for him, but I changed my mind because he seemed so disengaged from the game, almost like he was bored with it - in a way that being a town role is boring (but there's more motivation to play well as a mafia player). Do you have any thoughts on that?

Spartaculous

#1106 Post by Spartaculous » Fri May 03, 2024 10:34 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 10:15 am
Spartaculous wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 pm
Chaqa wrote:
GM Note:

Well, this is mighty convenient for me, in a way. Two of the three people who voted for me at the end of Day 1 are gone.
While I think this comment is hilarious in a vacuum, it seemed a tad bit gleefull after a PR just died.
If I can't convince you of my innocence, I will at least settle for convincing you of my hilarity.

Vecna

#1107 Post by Vecna » Fri May 03, 2024 10:36 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 12:27 am
This is quite amusing because I think vig shots for the last three times were pretty amusing.

1. Bunny shooting an not counter claimed PR.
2. ND stealing a repair kit from Vecna (which Vecna was using to repair an axe), repairing an axe, and then axing Vecna for not claiming to be stolen from.
3. Damo killing Food with bees, when Food had just given him the bees.
yo this #2 was so horrendous.

in webdip mafia, when you have other non-gun items, you better hand out the stuff that cant be used poorly lol

Spartaculous

#1108 Post by Spartaculous » Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 10:10 am
Just noting: if there was no bussing and the cop gets 1 scan off outside the Just wagon, we have a solve.

Cop shouldn’t claim it, obv, in case there was bussing. But should just make sure to do at least one…
How does this work? I am genuinely curious.

Like, let's assume that there was no bussing, and let's assume that Balki is the cop and scans Vecna (I am just picking random people who didn't vote for Will; feel free to swap them out for others). How does that give us a solve?

Vecna

#1109 Post by Vecna » Fri May 03, 2024 10:45 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:20 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:46 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:44 pm

I would not be too quick to dismiss bussing. The chance Just went from 0 to 7 town votes in 1.5 hours does not seem that high.
I haven't dismissed bussing. But the folks I called out as Towncore cast votes that did not look like bussing to me. I did not include ghug or worcej because those votes looked more NAI based on the context.
you are funny (strange)
Bona's posting suddenly seems completely different from d1.

I cant shake this feeling off something being off here

Vecna

#1110 Post by Vecna » Fri May 03, 2024 10:49 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:58 am
Just want to say I am alive and will try to catch up on D2 tomorrow. But we are under a several flooding in my state and I might need to request a sub (probably won't be needed).

Just want to say I was happy with catching scum Just yesterday. Then I saw two PR dead in the bot and thought what the hell was happening. Then I read the Damo hipfired a PR. This is either a great scum play or a stupid town play. Either way I want to apologize to Balki (if he is town obviously).
apologize why?

Vecna

#1111 Post by Vecna » Fri May 03, 2024 10:54 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:15 am
Man, brainbomb gets me.

*chef's kiss*

My stunt at beginning of D1 was definitely more inline with Town sweetandcool for the reasons he said.

Massive respect for him, definitely the right reaction to be interested in the reactions to my stunt. I don't know if it ended up garnering any fruit, but indeed that was the point.
pointing out the NK's townreads.....hmmm

Spartaculous

#1112 Post by Spartaculous » Fri May 03, 2024 11:17 am

It seems to me that, if damo really is town, then it would make a lot more sense for him to sting me than foodcoats. (And don't forget that this occurred right after BunnyGo's long takedown of me.)
damo666 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 pm
I should have stung one of my voters, they were virtually guaranteed to not be beekeeper
Well, yeah. Of course. If I was Beekeeper, there would have been zero chance I would have given Bees to the guy I just voted for - because of how likely they were to be sent right back to me. At this point in the game, there's still not a lot of information! In this scenario, damo would have missed using the little that he had. I think he's a good enough and experienced enough player to not make that mistake.

If damo is playing as mafia, I think that his play after the Bees! fell into his lap makes a lot more sense. There was a little bit of interest in voting for foodcoats in day 1, but it felt somewhat half-hearted, and I would have been surprised had it continued in day 2.

He sets it up here:
damo666 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:28 pm
I think it quite likely at least 2 remaining scum (if not all 3) were off the Just wagon so that is a pool of 7 with Sparta Balki and food being the most suspicious.
In a vacuum, I can appreciate that the non-Will voters are more suspicious. But:
damo666 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:40 pm
My scumlist in order is

food
Balki
sparta
Brian
Bozo
Vecna
I really don't see enough evidence for choosing foodcoats over the others. And why bother posting this if he's going to off foodcoats anyways?

So what happens next, once the dust settles on the mis-sting?
damo666 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:14 pm
Better redeem myself

##vote spartaculous
He takes the opportunity to throw the attention over to me, who a lot of people are already reading with suspicion. If I am voted out, then this will be a very good day for the mafia players: foodcoats and I (both town players) would both be out, with one more likely gone in the nighttime.

So once again (for an actual reason this time!):

##VOTE damo666

BunnyGo

#1113 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 03, 2024 11:17 am

Spartaculous wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Just noting: if there was no bussing and the cop gets 1 scan off outside the Just wagon, we have a solve.

Cop shouldn’t claim it, obv, in case there was bussing. But should just make sure to do at least one…

Like, let's assume that there was no bussing, and let's assume that Balki is the cop and scans Vecna (I am just picking random people who didn't vote for Will; feel free to swap them out for others). How does that give us a solve?
Didn't Just say you were a maths teacher?

Draw a picture, or step forward in time.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Spartaculous

#1114 Post by Spartaculous » Fri May 03, 2024 11:37 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:17 am
Spartaculous wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Okay, let me try.

We assume no bussing, so there are three mafia players left among the following list of eight non-Will voters: {Balki, bozo, damo, Brian, Jamie, Lord, Spartaculous, Vecna}

To continue my previous example, Balki scans Vecna (again, just picking two at random).

If Balki gets a "town" reading, then we know Vecna is clear (since the godfather is out). Balki can announce this to everyone, and, if it is believed [I don't know why it wouldn't be believed], then that leaves three mafia in a pool of six players. Those six players can be taken out one-by-one. At this point, there should be thirteen players left (because we are at fifteen right now, and there will be two more gone by the end of night #2), so we win, and there was much rejoicing. Is that right?

But what if Balki gets a "mafia" reading? That doesn't mean that Vecna is mafia, since we have a Miller in play (I think I'm understanding that correctly; let me know if I am wrong). I don't see the solve from there. Can you help me connect the dots?

damo666

#1115 Post by damo666 » Fri May 03, 2024 11:52 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:57 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:28 pm
I think it quite likely at least 2 remaining scum (if not all 3) were off the Just wagon so that is a pool of 7 with Sparta Balki and food being the most suspicious.
Why do you think your and sparta's wagon never really took off?

There was no consolidation on any of the 3 wagons.

Was most scum bussing? Not interested in trying to save Will? Or just not present at EoD?

Whats your thoughts here.
I think it probably indicates at least two scum voted together; that would mean either you or Jamie is scum or at least 2 from Sparta Balki and Brian are scum, possibly both.

I think Sparta didn't take off because he is scum, I didn't take off because I was absent and the D1 vibe, and Bona I don't know (although I think he is obvtown).

I think the remaining scum are Sparta Balki & 1 other (maybe bozo or ghug bussing) or Brian, you or Jamie.

I get my wagon but I'm not that good as scum lol.

I don't get the sweet wagon.

I think Sparta is the way to go.

Gonna reread today as I have a bit of time.

damo666

#1116 Post by damo666 » Fri May 03, 2024 11:56 am

From an off Will vt pov the cop is more likely to be on Will's wagon than not.

(For Sparta/Bunny).

Jamiet99uk

#1117 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 03, 2024 12:04 pm

I am going to place my currency where my cake hole is.

##Vote TheLordOfWords for the reason I have clearly set out.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

BunnyGo

#1118 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 03, 2024 12:09 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:37 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:17 am
Spartaculous wrote:

Okay, let me try.

We assume no bussing, so there are three mafia players left among the following list of eight non-Will voters: {Balki, bozo, damo, Brian, Jamie, Lord, Spartaculous, Vecna}

To continue my previous example, Balki scans Vecna (again, just picking two at random).

If Balki gets a "town" reading, then we know Vecna is clear (since the godfather is out). Balki can announce this to everyone, and, if it is believed [I don't know why it wouldn't be believed], then that leaves three mafia in a pool of six players. Those six players can be taken out one-by-one. At this point, there should be thirteen players left (because we are at fifteen right now, and there will be two more gone by the end of night #2), so we win, and there was much rejoicing. Is that right?

But what if Balki gets a "mafia" reading? That doesn't mean that Vecna is mafia, since we have a Miller in play (I think I'm understanding that correctly; let me know if I am wrong). I don't see the solve from there. Can you help me connect the dots?
Ah…I forgot about the miller.

But your first process is correct: worst case for town is of cop is in the Just wagon. Then they clear another player with a TOWN scan (say Vecna).

We now have 8 clears and 7 unknown. Best scum can do is eliminate a clear at night. And town wins the race eliminating in the unknown pool.

If cop gets a SCUM scan…it’s less good. But since I’m the Miller, that’s not possible if they scan outside the Just wagon.

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1119 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 03, 2024 12:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 12:04 pm
I am going to place my currency where my cake hole is.

##Vote TheLordOfWords for the reason I have clearly set out.
Besides low activity anchor posts, what do you know of Lord? And the fact he keeps ducking my question.

Does this not also read as eager but busy new town?

damo666

#1120 Post by damo666 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:11 pm

Bunny is a liar