Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#461 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 01, 2024 8:35 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:00 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:05 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:04 am

This exchange feels weird. And why the italics?
And why my post was in red?
Ahahaha, gottem good!
Post 19:

Scroll up to see Jamie intentionally flaunting explicit rules; I dont understand why. Respond do I can read it and he’s literally dating GM to do something about it.

Then notice he’s quoted rdr using color. Which was because sweet played a prank.

Sweet broke his silence bit to play a prank.

I don’t see town sweet doing this. I see scared and frustrated scum sweet trying to be weird doing this.

Realizing I also need to figure out why people think bona is good wagon. It can’t be 100% scum push…why are any town voting bona?
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#462 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 01, 2024 8:43 am

Post 20:

Playing on phone pisses me off. Fucking autocorrect

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Jamiet99uk

#463 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 01, 2024 8:45 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:35 am
sweetandcool wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Ahahaha, gottem good!
Post 19:

Scroll up to see Jamie intentionally flaunting explicit rules; I dont understand why. Respond do I can read it and he’s literally dating GM to do something about it.

Then notice he’s quoted rdr using color. Which was because sweet played a prank.

I don’t see town sweet doing this. I see scared and frustrated scum sweet trying to be weird doing this.

Realizing I also need to figure out why people think bona is good wagon. It can’t be 100% scum push…why are any town voting bona?
1. Glad to see you noticed I did not intentionally flout the Commandments of Chaqa; I was also caught by Sweet's trick.

2. He had already broken his silence before this prank. Didn't you notice that? Are you not paying very much attention to the thread?

3. The majority of people voting for Bona have explained their votes. Maybe you should look at what they said. Are you not paying very much attention to the thread?
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

BunnyGo

#464 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 01, 2024 9:09 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:45 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:35 am
sweetandcool wrote:

Ahahaha, gottem good!
Post 19:

1. Glad to see you noticed I did not intentionally flout the Commandments of Chaqa; I was also caught by Sweet's trick.

2. He had already broken his silence before this prank. Didn't you notice that? Are you not paying very much attention to the thread?

3. The majority of people voting for Bona have explained their votes. Maybe you should look at what they said. Are you not paying very much attention to the thread?
Post 20:

Roll my eyes at Jamie. His post in extra dark commenting about it being illegible was not caught by sweet.

To answer his questions: no. I’ve not read the whole thread. I’ve actually documented that very clearly. It’s also unpleasantly early here.

Wondering if Jamie is reading closely or just spouting BS and obvious lies. Sadly that is more town Jamie.

BunnyGo

#465 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 01, 2024 9:11 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:04 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:02 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:

This is impossible to read if you have a red background. You're banned.
I am banned too, har har.
Post 21:

Preemptively documenting why I said Jamie lied before he details the thread about it.

This post was not Jamie being caught by sweet and was the first post I saw and wondered why he’s flaunting the rules.

BunnyGo

#466 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 01, 2024 9:12 am

Post 22: DERAILS

stupid autocorrect

Jamiet99uk

#467 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 01, 2024 9:23 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:11 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:04 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:02 am

This is impossible to read if you have a red background. You're banned.
I am banned too, har har.
Post 21:

Preemptively documenting why I said Jamie lied before he details the thread about it.

This post was not Jamie being caught by sweet and was the first post I saw and wondered why he’s flaunting the rules.
I haven't told a single lie in this game.

In the post you are talking aboot, I changed the colour to a colour that was very readable in normal mode, because I could not initially work out how Sweet had done his trick and I did not want to accidentally keep posting in bright red. I did not realise leaving a tag open caused every post quoting the "trick" to also apply the open formatting tag. (Naughty naughty, Sweetie, but also quite amusing, so well done. However I recommend you don't do it again because Chaqa doesn't like people using coloured text...).

Jamiet99uk

#468 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 01, 2024 9:25 am

BunnyGo seems very short-tempered this game.

Maybe someone should give him a carrot.

Jamiet99uk

#469 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 01, 2024 9:29 am

By the way, if anyone is wondering, I will remain a theatrical ghost for the entire duration of this game, because in my last game (as a player) I upset a few irritable, joyless individuals who do not understand the concept of fun, by changing my avatar during the game.

In this game I am trying to have fun despite the close scrutiny of the fun police, but I promise not to change my avatar.

Buzz buzz buzz!

Lord of Words

#470 Post by Lord of Words » Wed May 01, 2024 10:26 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:29 pm
Oh as per official newb shield Spartaculous will not receive my vote until day 3 or later. Lord of Words maybe bc hes played elsewhere
To clarify, I have played on MU, Discord, and other forums, so if you take the kid gloves off, that's fine.

Jamiet99uk

#471 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 01, 2024 10:31 am

Lord of Words wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:26 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:29 pm
Oh as per official newb shield Spartaculous will not receive my vote until day 3 or later. Lord of Words maybe bc hes played elsewhere
To clarify, I have played on MU, Discord, and other forums, so if you take the kid gloves off, that's fine.
This is your second post, well over halfway into Day One.

Where have you been?

Jamiet99uk

#472 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 am

LordOfSilence, more like.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#473 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed May 01, 2024 10:51 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:41 am
hamilton: personal note, now that i have been to canada really, hamilton sounds like a strange place
It's got a case of Toronto-itis; hates its big neighbour, grew up as a blue collar steel mill town that skipped puberty and went directly to real estate development nouveau riche adulthood without the life lessons to support it. Not strange, just a little broken and in need of therapy.

Lord of Words

#474 Post by Lord of Words » Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 am
LordOfSilence, more like.
Fair, though work has been kinda rough this week and there was an emergency last night.

That said, I have been reading the thread to get a hold to dynamics and tells here.

To start, I don't think Bona is scum; his behavior and comments seem too over the top on D1 for that.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#475 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 am

ghug wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:51 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:09 am
That's a Jamie tete et tete with Balki that might merit some looking at as the game progresses.
But why though?
Who knows. It could absolutely just be sound and fury. Just one of a set of connections for later?

foodcoats

#476 Post by foodcoats » Wed May 01, 2024 11:11 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:36 am
foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:34 am
foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:30 am
What do we think the odds are that there's a scum between Fidelis and Lord of Words?
It’s interesting that Fidelis intentionally lurked as scum last game and is very lurky again. I think if Fidelis was town they would have feel a desire to show they are town for their second game and would compensate with activity to some degree. Lurking again suggests overthinking the way they should play after drawing scum again, worrying that being active might seem “try hardy” and “fake” and get them caught, rather than trying to stick to a “playstyle” to appear consistent.
Well, he was lurking because he was specifically Judge Fear. this game has no such advantage for him being scum if he is scanned. So i dont understand why this game and the last game can be compared
I am speculating about how Fidelis would act this game depending on his alignment based on his contextual meta from last game. I think he’d be more
intentionally active if he drew town to demonstrate he was town. I think his lurking suggests he is not sure how to act with respect to his current meta.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#477 Post by kingofthepirates » Wed May 01, 2024 11:17 am

Lord of Words wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 am
To start, I don't think Bona is scum; his behavior and comments seem too over the top on D1 for that.
That’s interesting. I’ve never played with bona before, but yeah, he feels like he’s playing… aggressively? I dunno if that’s the right word, but on vibes general tone he’s established a strong front. I feel such fearlessness is town leaning, but I’m not sure if a) bona is always like this, and/or b) it’s a facade/trick of scum.

Not fully caught up yet, I’ll drop some more thoughts later.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

damo666

#478 Post by damo666 » Wed May 01, 2024 11:26 am

Miles behind. Anything interesting I need to know?

foodcoats

#479 Post by foodcoats » Wed May 01, 2024 1:56 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 11:17 am
Lord of Words wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 am
That’s interesting. I’ve never played with bona before, but yeah, he feels like he’s playing… aggressively? I dunno if that’s the right word, but on vibes general tone he’s established a strong front. I feel such fearlessness is town leaning, but I’m not sure if a) bona is always like this, and/or b) it’s a facade/trick of scum.

Not fully caught up yet, I’ll drop some more thoughts later.
For what it’s worth I think the “aggressiveness” is non alignment indicative. I think bona plays this way as town but is canny enough to mimic it as scum.

worcej

#480 Post by worcej » Wed May 01, 2024 2:14 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:04 pm
Worcej’s post dont do anything for me
I don't make posts with the intent of doing anything other than trolling or being meh for the first part of D1.

Why so serious Will?