M1025 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M1025 Game Thread

#3801 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:33 pm

Where is Bozo?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Fluminator

#3802 Post by Fluminator » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:40 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:28 pm
@Jamie: would you vote Flum?
@Bozo: same
@Pyxxy: i know you would
If you strongarm a kill on me, I suggest you start looking for a different pair now because I'll be a dead end.

Fluminator

#3803 Post by Fluminator » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:52 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:34 pm
rereading flum because idk him

i will avoid frankenposting (aspirational)
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:57 am
Hi, I just finished a multi-month long project that was due 57 minutes ago. Close enough
this is me
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:57 am
I want Flum to acknowledge that my current seagull avatar is, quite literally, the seagull image used in UK newspaper coverage about the threat of seagulls attacking the Great British Bake Off, when the decision was made to host some episodes outdoors.
Lol, I appreciate the picture and effort.
Since no one is ever going to find it at this rate, Fox hid a link in the opening post to a song about seagulls, and it's something I'd only expect town to click.
I actually really like this schtick by flum on d1 where he spends a while asking people about this and I think it's towny indicative. Scum don't find something and then think it's hard for scum to find like that, and he'd have to be actively thinking about different ways to fool people, and also find that, in some combination, to come up with that idea as scum.
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:48 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:42 pm

If Bozo is town, scum!Jamie would be voting for him.

Why do you scumread me?
The opposite reason brain is townreading me. You seem to be playing a character of yourself.

You get upset at seemingly random things or jokeposts (despite you doing random things as well like changing reply thread names.)
Last game we were in together you tunneled on bozo and he was town, so I would have expected town you to change your approach with him. (Scum you it makes sense to do something pretty firmly established in your town meta)
You are very defensive reading into things being against you that aren't about you.
this post displays actual clarity of thought on our friend jimmit.
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:40 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:07 pm
I honestly felt kinda good about that at the end. :(
A couple games ago you said this and you were scum and it tricked me. Weren't you voting bozo until almost near the end? What changed in the last minutes?
I feel if he keeps this scumread up for a while then it's many townpoints. This is a good insight

editors note: he did not
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:58 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:56 pm

What's the point of this?
ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:56 pm

If he's scum, I think Flum is a good bet given his vote bouncing.

If he's town, I don't think it tells us that much, so I default to like Eden/Bona/Flum.
I expect you to now vote Flum.

That's the point.
This whole interaction and ghug dancing around voting flum looks bad for flum on the face of it, but like, I managed to pick up what chaqa was doing pretty fast, and ghug probably did as well. This feels like prime 'i'm going to set up a patsy' territory (at least that's what i'd do here as scum), so i'm going to vote that this makes flum look good. criticism will be heard on this point, although it may well be rejected out of hand if i disagree with it
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:11 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:56 pm

You could make a case instead of just saying it over and over.
Sure. Known scum, ghug, was hesitant to vote you and you are not currently a townread of mine.
this irritation feels town, again. also noting chaqa's case, but we previously rejected the ghug thing.
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:50 am
##Vote Bona
Will be on more tomorrow. I feel like Bona is coasting the hardest right now and best bet for being scum.

I'm not scum, but I'm not sure how useful it is to divert energy into defending myself since me dying may be the best way for people to take a closer look at chaqa who is probably scum and already trying to line up more kills after my miskill. As town he usually doesn't care that much, but as scum he's much more faux invested (Plus the god thread seems like a party right now)

I think Bona/Chaqa makes a lot of sense as the scumpair.
this is the point when i said in thread that i forgot why chaqa was town

this is actually kind of real. voting me is sad but whatever. what's the omgus percentage of this post?
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:51 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:44 pm

Ok...

what do you make of my EOD2 stuff?

I suspect I probably look scummy. Ghug was definitely buddying/framing me because he knows I'd never go after him the first couple days and I'm facing the music for that lol.
I don't disagree with your bona and jamie sus. I don't see bozo as the busser.
I don't see damo being town yet.
I'm still a little sus of chaqa as the busser, but he's definitely tryharding right now and trying to be a town leader and I don't think I've seen him do this as scum. He's at least made an impressive show of actually being curious lol even though he's probably going to still end on me (I suspect he wouldn't go through that circus if he really was just setting me up as a simple miskill.
I don't think brain is scum. gut
Pyxxy is probably the main one I'd look at for bussing right now after you.
this post manages to sus most of the game (bona, jamie, damo all listed as not town or more obvious scum, and then chaqa, pyxxy, bunny all listed as busser candidates). only beancomb escapes with a townread. this post really sucks but i feel like i've been in a similar place for a while too, but it really sucks
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:06 pm
I generally like giving people who vote scum a one day pass where we don't assume bussing, so even if there are bussers, they'll be encouraged to kill more of their teammates for us.
monkey brain

no way flum posts this as scum if he's scum with those under fire and are ghug voters (bunny, pyxxy, realistically speaking). most obviously eliminating the flum/pyxxy team is relatively big. however he does vote bunny after asking him to claim (but before bongo does claim)
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:54 pm

It IS tied
I mean I will vote Bunny if he doesn't claim doc at this point.
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:52 pm
Bunny if you're doctor you should tell me. If you are I'll just self vote lol
i DESPISE these posts. he didn't even self-vote, he voted me and then hopped on the damo speedwagon

at this point it was bunny 4, flum 4, me 1

i can't fathom why town!flum ever posts this. it's asking for a scum player to claim (or for vt!bongo to, which is whatever). similarly, it looks stupidly bad, so i can't imagine why scum!flum would do it either.

i think chaqa/flum is a real team possibility based on this eod
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:34 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:21 pm
This will be my last post.

The good thing is the game is solved: Flum and brain are the scum team.

The bad news is most of youse a$$h*les are so illiterate you’ll somehow misunderstand the above. And then ignore the reasons.

So: vote Flum. Do not deviate. F**k the VCA. JUST GET HIM.

Then get brain the open wolf saving his teammate today and PR hunting.

The rest of you are dumba$$es (except chaqa and Damo). Shape the f**k up.

Bunny out.

I’m gonna go watch my kid’s little league game now and then https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f2abec6c-9 ... 15bbbcc2b9

But there’s no more point dealing with this game. See you the next one. Don’t FUCK THIS UP!! It’s easy from here.
I noticed you hinting you were doc which was one of the reasons I was so hesitant to vote you in the first place, but there comes a time where you have to just claim, especially when the counter wagon was saying he'd have to vote for you and was the clinching vote.
@flum when did you pick up on bongo doc softing? can you show me a post?

now i'm up to recent things that are hard to read without knowledge that i don't have

conclusions:
flum/pyxxy is out as a combination
asking for a claim at eod3 was super super scummy
scumread ghug but not when it counted
displays a persistent inability to create townreads
feels directionless and goalless

probably scum
FWIW, I was planning to start pushing ghug on day 3 if he was still alive and hadn't caught scum yet.

Ok, in the heat of the moment, it was between me and bunny, and I wasn't even sure bunny was scum. I was getting a lot of suspicion and I figured I would be a better kill than a PR. (I fell on my sword for Maniac in a previous game as a VT because I correctly read Maniac as a PR) It might have been the wrong play to ask for him to claim, but he was dead if he didn't anyway.
I fully expected to die after he claimed (I made a fun death quote and bonus points to anyone who knows which movie that's from) but I just didn't want to outright vote myself when it actually happened so I did a vote throw, and then survival instinct still kicked in when some other people went on the table.

I thought Bunny was hinting doc because last game I was in with him was when he was town he died as a V like normal and didn't care, and his incredible passion in these times made me think he was either scum or PR, and after he killed ghug I thought pr was more likely.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3804 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:57 pm

Bonatogether wrote:

-- snipped --
I read it all Bona. It was a wild ride.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3805 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:58 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:40 pm
Chaqa wrote:
If you strongarm a kill on me, I suggest you start looking for a different pair now because I'll be a dead end.
If

bozotheclown

#3806 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:25 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:42 pm

I've made it clear why I am voting for you.
Well if you want to go from MVP to LVP on your head be it.
I want to kill scum.
I think you are scum.
I am waiting to see what Bozo thinks.
I am not completely caught up yet, but from what I have read I think damo may right.

bozotheclown

#3807 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:15 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:45 am
But anyway I think it's unlikely Bona caused the tie to save Damo.

He could be scum or Damo could be scum, but I'm almost certain they aren't partners

Bona - Bozo
Bona - Damo - Chaqa thinks not possible
Bona - Flum
Bona - Pyxxy

Bozo - Damo
Bozo - Flum
Bozo - Pyxxy

Damo - Flum
Damo - Pyxxy

Flum - Pyxxy
You correctly surmise Bona and I are not scum partners. So, if Bona is scum then I am town. But if I am town why did Bona vote Flum to tie i=the vote if he is scum? Makes no sense. Ergo BONA IS TOWN.
I am not convinced yet that Bonatogether/damo is not possible, but I do agree that Bonatogether being mafia and damo being town does not seem likely.

bozotheclown

#3808 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Yes, I think pyxxy/Fluminator and Bonatogether/damo ae the most likely combinations, and it is looking more like pyxxy/Fluminator now.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3809 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:27 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:20 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Yes, I think pyxxy/Fluminator and Bonatogether/damo ae the most likely combinations, and it is looking more like pyxxy/Fluminator now.
I don't think pyxxy is scum atm. It's concerning to me how the other suspicious people are all voting him, you know?

bozotheclown

#3810 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:31 pm

I am now caught up, and based just on today, Bonatogether and damo seem like town to me and pyxxy and Fluminator seem like mafia bussing each other.

I plan to go back and see if Fluminator/pyxxy/ghug makes sense.

##VOTE Fluminator

bozotheclown

#3811 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:36 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
I don't think pyxxy is scum atm. It's concerning to me how the other suspicious people are all voting him, you know?
Yes, and I am OK DKing either Fluminator or pyxxy today unless something changes. I think Bonatogether and damo have been convincing today, but they should be willing to DK Fluminator first. I am not sure why Bonatogether is not already voting for Fluminator.

bozotheclown

#3812 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
The only reason I had been suspecting pyxxy previously was for agreeing with me so much, but pyxxy was hard to detect the last time he was mafia.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3813 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:41 pm

##End

I'm fine with hammering this right now to get us day ahead in the cycle, tbh.

Don't necessarily require others to do so, but this vote has been in my mind for awhile.

Bonatogether

#3814 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:57 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:52 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
snip
FWIW, I was planning to start pushing ghug on day 3 if he was still alive and hadn't caught scum yet.

Ok, in the heat of the moment, it was between me and bunny, and I wasn't even sure bunny was scum. I was getting a lot of suspicion and I figured I would be a better kill than a PR. (I fell on my sword for Maniac in a previous game as a VT because I correctly read Maniac as a PR) It might have been the wrong play to ask for him to claim, but he was dead if he didn't anyway.
I fully expected to die after he claimed (I made a fun death quote and bonus points to anyone who knows which movie that's from) but I just didn't want to outright vote myself when it actually happened so I did a vote throw, and then survival instinct still kicked in when some other people went on the table.

I thought Bunny was hinting doc because last game I was in with him was when he was town he died as a V like normal and didn't care, and his incredible passion in these times made me think he was either scum or PR, and after he killed ghug I thought pr was more likely.
easy to say now.

what is this second paragraph responding to

what does this last paragraph even mean. caring = pr tell? there's no way

why did you scumread or scumlean or whatever most of the game in that one post?

bozotheclown

#3815 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:55 pm
Conclusion:

Bona caused a tie on purpose to save his team-mate Damo.

His excuse that he thought there was time left for Fluminator to break the tie is nonsense, because Fluminator was the one person in that situation who specifically could not move his vote.

The prosecution rests.
This is what I concluded was most likely N4. However, even though Bonatogether tied the vote with 17 seconds left, I saw it only about 5 seconds too late to break the tie, and Fluminator obviously did see it in time to break the tie if he was in a position to do so, which I think was Bonatogether's point.

Forcing a tie there is obviously something a mafia would not want to do because it would look so suspicious, but if Bonatogether and damo are the remaining mafia, I think it was Bonatogether's best option considering the circumstances, which is why I still think Bonatogether/damo is a possibility.

Bonatogether and damo as town would know obviously this is not true, but pyxxy and Fluminator not giving more consideration to this than they seem to have seems suspicious to me, like they might have decided N4 to bus each other today to try to get town credit if either one is the DK.

Jamiet99uk

#3816 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:07 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:41 pm
##End

I'm fine with hammering this right now to get us day ahead in the cycle, tbh.

Don't necessarily require others to do so, but this vote has been in my mind for awhile.
Objection!
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#3817 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:09 pm

I'm at a gig and can't post for a bit.

Don't hammer.

Fluminator

#3818 Post by Fluminator » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:11 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:57 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:52 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
snip

easy to say now.

what is this second paragraph responding to

what does this last paragraph even mean. caring = pr tell? there's no way

why did you scumread or scumlean or whatever most of the game in that one post?
Yaah I know
The second paragraph was about your confusion regarding my actions during the bunny vote.
I can pull up the last game when I can but this was not VT bunny in my estimation
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:55 pm
Conclusion:

Bona caused a tie on purpose to save his team-mate Damo.

His excuse that he thought there was time left for Fluminator to break the tie is nonsense, because Fluminator was the one person in that situation who specifically could not move his vote.

The prosecution rests.
This is what I concluded was most likely N4. However, even though Bonatogether tied the vote with 17 seconds left, I saw it only about 5 seconds too late to break the tie, and Fluminator obviously did see it in time to break the tie if he was in a position to do so, which I think was Bonatogether's point.

Forcing a tie there is obviously something a mafia would not want to do because it would look so suspicious, but if Bonatogether and damo are the remaining mafia, I think it was Bonatogether's best option considering the circumstances, which is why I still think Bonatogether/damo is a possibility.

Bonatogether and damo as town would know obviously this is not true, but pyxxy and Fluminator not giving more consideration to this than they seem to have seems suspicious to me, like they might have decided N4 to bus each other today to try to get town credit if either one is the DK.
We still have 24 hours left in the day. (Unless Chaqa gets a hammer in like a madlad)

I've obviously considered it's as simple as bona/damo, but I think there's merit to putting some pressure on pyxxy right now. I'm not convinced he's scum yet.

bozotheclown

#3819 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:13 pm

Fluminator wrote:
I agree with Bonatogether, this looks like Fluminator was concerned BunnyGo would claim doctor at the last minute and he would get DKed because there would not be time for an alternate wagon to form.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3820 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:14 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:13 pm
Fluminator wrote:
I agree with Bonatogether, this looks like Fluminator was concerned BunnyGo would claim doctor at the last minute and he would get DKed because there would not be time for an alternate wagon to form.
Is the he here Flum or Bunny?