M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#5961 Post by worcej » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:30 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:27 pm
GM NOTE:

worcej has REPLACED goldfinger0303
OHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH BABY!!!!

worcej

#5962 Post by worcej » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:31 pm

On mobile atm, but will post my observations I have made once I am at PC

damo666

#5963 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:33 pm

Have you been following Jimmy W

TheFlyingBoat

#5964 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:35 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:31 pm
Good shit. Curious to get a fresh set of eyes on this thing

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5965 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:36 pm

I kinda feel like scum goldie would be too embarrassed to replace out here.

Donny Dude

#5966 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:46 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:36 pm
Idk if embarrassment is the word I would use but frustration. I agree though.
I feel like Maniac not being on anyone scum means maybe hes trying to avoid pushing their wagons, but I feel that d3 + d4 are more out there than d2 continuance on bob but has a continued pattern of never being on the top wagon and being bob bob hr hr feels a bit not happy with the top choices.

worcej

#5967 Post by worcej » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:46 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:33 pm
Have you been following Jimmy W
Yes, but not enough of a way to be thoroughly aware of all the nuances and layered interactions. I didn't understand why HR was killed on D6 and have been a little skeptical on some of the pushes/votes made.
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:35 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:31 pm
Good shit. Curious to get a fresh set of eyes on this thing
I'm probably going to ultimately disappoint you.
ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:36 pm
Truth be told, I sent a GT comment today effectively saying Goldie must be scum because the whole comment about not having subs in the wings based off Vecna's job struck me as odd.

I have a speculation that the GMs **may** have sent him a message saying that wasn't the actual case, so now I am here. But this is just my stupid reasoning because the timing was interesting and nothing beyond that.

I can tell you, whether you believe it or not, that goldie (now me) is indeed a VT and when I saw that role PM I was kinda shocked.

worcej

#5968 Post by worcej » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:54 pm

So, FWIW, by watching loosely as a spectator and reviewing without much attachment, I wasn't shocked to see celaph and Durga flip scum (they both had poor performances imho) and Vecna was semi-shocking (I had him as a semi-town), but in general his gameplay was off to begin with so I wouldn't have fought against it.

From there, my thoughts why spectating was the final two scum are Jamie and ghug.

Jamie struck me as the most likely Godfather candidate and has done enough to dodge much actual suspicion while also being scummy (my read) with how he is presenting his analysis. This is the thing I am most comfortable with and would love input on from others.

The ghug read is based on the fact I dont recall him being butting heads with Jamie in any way (I may have missed it, so correct me if I am wrong) and has been enough non-townie to warrant a :? from me. Again, input appreciated.

worcej

#5969 Post by worcej » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:55 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:33 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:31 pm
Of people still alive:

People who voted for scum ONCE:
Damo666
rdrivera2005
Goldfinger

People who voted for scum TWICE:
BobMcBob

People who voted for scum ALL THREE times:
TheFlyingBoat
Jamiet99uk
Ghug
Donny Dude

People who have never been on a scum wagon at EoD:
Maniac
This analysis is bullshit if you include D3. Durga was a runaway and obvious wagon and there is nothing to get from that day and including it on the list just distort the results.
I hard agree with rdr here - Durga was so obviously scum based on D3 that I'd update it to exclude that.

worcej

#5970 Post by worcej » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:59 pm

BobMcBob has spent today laser focused on my slot and an interaction with TFB - is this relevant for any particular reason?

Like, I get scumming goldie, but more interested in the TFB tie.

worcej

#5971 Post by worcej » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:01 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:54 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:07 am
Ok, I'm pretty irritated at all the people who felt the need to state their intention to kill Maniac today, since scum killing one of Maniac and gold would have been handy. Killing Maniac today would be stupid, so we will not be doing that.

@Boat, imagine for a moment that gold is scum, and then prove by contradiction with your D1 VCA that he isn't.
Fair point although I didn't think of Maniac being NKd because I scumread him (obviously).

I actually thought the NK would be gold or TFB. I suppose Chaqa makes sense with the RB.

I'm now thinking both scans still being alive is suspicious.

##vote Maniac
Can you explain the statement: "Chaqa makes sense with the RB."

worcej

#5972 Post by worcej » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:10 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:24 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:23 pm
@Ghug:
What do you make of my observation that Maniac has never voted for someone who went on to flip scum, and that he is the only player alive for which this is true?
I feel like that's a function of his not being very active in EoDs.

Do you think scum is likely to miss out on three pretty obvious busses?
This final question from ghug is part of why I think Jamie is scum.

Donny Dude

#5973 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:14 pm

Do you read Maniac as town Worcej?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5974 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:18 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:54 pm
So, FWIW, by watching loosely as a spectator and reviewing without much attachment, I wasn't shocked to see celaph and Durga flip scum (they both had poor performances imho) and Vecna was semi-shocking (I had him as a semi-town), but in general his gameplay was off to begin with so I wouldn't have fought against it.

From there, my thoughts why spectating was the final two scum are Jamie and ghug.

Jamie struck me as the most likely Godfather candidate and has done enough to dodge much actual suspicion while also being scummy (my read) with how he is presenting his analysis. This is the thing I am most comfortable with and would love input on from others.

The ghug read is based on the fact I dont recall him being butting heads with Jamie in any way (I may have missed it, so correct me if I am wrong) and has been enough non-townie to warrant a :? from me. Again, input appreciated.
I thought you scumread gold before entering? Were Jamie and I two and three, or what?

Jamie and I have definitely butted heads this game.

damo666

#5975 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:53 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:07 am
Ok, I'm pretty irritated at all the people who felt the need to state their intention to kill Maniac today, since scum killing one of Maniac and gold would have been handy. Killing Maniac today would be stupid, so we will not be doing that.

@Boat, imagine for a moment that gold is scum, and then prove by contradiction with your D1 VCA that he isn't.
Fair point although I didn't think of Maniac being NKd because I scumread him (obviously).

I actually thought the NK would be gold or TFB. I suppose Chaqa makes sense with the RB.

##vote Maniac
RB implies quasi clue

TheFlyingBoat

#5976 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:57 pm

worcej wrote:

if ghug were scum I'd expect significantly more miskills with his fingerprints on them. I don't think we get celaph D2, which means the blatant scumminess of Durga doesn't become apparent, which also makes the Durga-Foxna links made a lot weaker as well, which may have averted Foxna's death. As for ghug-jamie, he's been scum reading Jamie for a while and argued with him plenty, so while it's theoretically possible either could be scum, I don't think that reasoning does anything.

worcej

#5977 Post by worcej » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:32 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:18 pm
worcej wrote:

I thought you scumread gold before entering? Were Jamie and I two and three, or what?

Jamie and I have definitely butted heads this game.
I know gold was town since I am him now, so that eliminates him from my pool.

worcej

#5978 Post by worcej » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:34 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:57 pm
worcej wrote:

if ghug were scum I'd expect significantly more miskills with his fingerprints on them. I don't think we get celaph D2, which means the blatant scumminess of Durga doesn't become apparent, which also makes the Durga-Foxna links made a lot weaker as well, which may have averted Foxna's death. As for ghug-jamie, he's been scum reading Jamie for a while and argued with him plenty, so while it's theoretically possible either could be scum, I don't think that reasoning does anything.
How do you feel about Jamie?

worcej

#5979 Post by worcej » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:34 am

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:53 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:01 pm
damo666 wrote:

##vote Maniac
RB implies quasi clue
quasi clue is what exactly?

worcej

#5980 Post by worcej » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:41 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:14 pm
Do you read Maniac as town Worcej?
At this exact moment, I don't have a strong scum read on him. Not being on a scum wagon ever isn't damning in any way. Low participation isn't damning either. I should read his content more closely, but I wouldn't expect him to be scum right now. With the count at 7-2, I think we have plenty of time

I'd much prefer a Jamie flip now over Maniac. Since I've made this obvious enough now, here you all go - ##vote Jamie

Let's feast on some bangers and mash!