Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1921 Post by thamrick » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:45 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:13 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:26 am
@rdrivera: If I am correct about thamrick, you voting for me will likely cost us the game. D4, I thought you were the likely scum between you and Ezio, and you had more votes than xorxes when I had to leave knowing I would not be back before EOD. Since it was important to consolidate the town vote, I left my vote on you. Please look carefully at what thamrick did at D4 EOD and see if you see a town motivation for what he was trying.
Bozo, like I said, I am trying to not tunnel on you and keep considering the options. But I have done a re-read of EOD4 and didn´t find anything specially scummy about Tham. He tied the vote with 20 minutes left claiming he want to discover where DD is (and the tie won´t give the win to scum as my lynch will). Fox didn´t like the plan and so do I and he moved back to Xorxes. I don´t townread him for this as a tie could have saved Xorxes, but can see town motivation to this (get more info with the DD thing before risking to lose the game). What do you find so scummy on this?
The remaining scum knew bo_sox had the DD tag, so if thamrick is scum, he knew a tie vote would save xorxes. From a town perspective, I think trying to tie the vote there was a bad idea if thamrick thought you were town, since a scum with the DD tag could very well have been bussing xorxes.
Fair point. And ultimately why I ended up voting for xorxes.

You're still not really analyzing it from a town perspective though.

bozotheclown

#1922 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:17 pm

thamrick wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:45 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:13 am

Bozo, like I said, I am trying to not tunnel on you and keep considering the options. But I have done a re-read of EOD4 and didn´t find anything specially scummy about Tham. He tied the vote with 20 minutes left claiming he want to discover where DD is (and the tie won´t give the win to scum as my lynch will). Fox didn´t like the plan and so do I and he moved back to Xorxes. I don´t townread him for this as a tie could have saved Xorxes, but can see town motivation to this (get more info with the DD thing before risking to lose the game). What do you find so scummy on this?
The remaining scum knew bo_sox had the DD tag, so if thamrick is scum, he knew a tie vote would save xorxes. From a town perspective, I think trying to tie the vote there was a bad idea if thamrick thought you were town, since a scum with the DD tag could very well have been bussing xorxes.
Fair point. And ultimately why I ended up voting for xorxes.

You're still not really analyzing it from a town perspective though.
If bo_sox did not have the DD tag then a scum had it, and you said D4 that you did not think the kidnapper would have performed the NK, which means one of the scum would have been DD. Your idea as you presented it was to tie the vote and let DD decide the lynch by lynching whoever DD was not voting for. What does not make sense to me is why you would think a scum with DD would likely be voting for a town when his vote did not count. It seems to me that you changed you vote back to xorxes when Foxcastle started scum reading you for voting to tie the vote.

bozotheclown

#1923 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:30 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:59 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:58 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:55 am

This is total BS by the way. Theres reasons you should know why this is BS
Secret reasons known only to those in the shadow temple?
Just let him think what he wants. Its personal
@thamrick: Do you know what brainbomb was talking about here?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1924 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:58 pm

@bozo - I was done some re-reading and have a question for you:
In one of your first messages (http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... id=w:10711) you said you don´t see any benefit on a mass claim. And you never talk about it again before N3.
Then you pushed the mass claim on D4 (and this is one of the main reason I scumread you as I think you and Ezio were working together to counter claim and lynch me). What made you change your mind from D1 to D4?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1925 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:43 am

This is really boring.

Pouncy, this game is on you. Have you read it yet?

thamrick

#1926 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:48 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:30 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:59 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:58 am

Secret reasons known only to those in the shadow temple?
Just let him think what he wants. Its personal
@thamrick: Do you know what brainbomb was talking about here?
No. He was probably just pissed cause I soul-read the hell out of him.

And wow. I was at work all day today and there were 4 posts?

thamrick

#1927 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:49 am

@Bo - have you reread bozo and rdr? Is your case for rdr still just that Ezio didn't continue to push him?

thamrick

#1928 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:10 am

I'll be at work all day tomorrow. 9-5. I'll be on an hour before EoD though. Keep pressuring bozo and rdrivera. I'll answer any questions you've got when I get on. I'll also try to log on in the morning before work (and hopefully during lunch break too) but no promises.

bozotheclown

#1929 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:42 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:58 pm
@bozo - I was done some re-reading and have a question for you:
In one of your first messages (http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... id=w:10711) you said you don´t see any benefit on a mass claim. And you never talk about it again before N3.
Then you pushed the mass claim on D4 (and this is one of the main reason I scumread you as I think you and Ezio were working together to counter claim and lynch me). What made you change your mind from D1 to D4?
That post was from very early in the game after some players suggested a mass claim, and I thought that it would not be beneficial to town to reveal who had hidden power nametags. Also, I had not realized yet how we could benefit from forcing the scum to come up with fake nametags. By D4, a number of hidden power nametags had been revealed and we could not afford any more lynches, so it seems like a good time to force the scum to claim nametags.

When Ezio claimed the same nametag as you, I already thought Ezio was town and I suspected you were scum, which is why I was voting for you instead of Ezio D4. I knew I could not be online EOD D4, so I tried to help get the town vote consolidated before I left. Foxcastle was arguing that Ezio was more likely scum, so I voted with Foxcastle on Ezio, but right before I had to leave Foxcastle changed his vote to xorxes, so I changed my vote back to you. It was not until later when I had a chance to reread the D4 EOD that I considered Ezio the more likely scum between you and him. However, even then, I thought it possible that you and Ezio could be scum together, because I did not know who else was more likely to be the last scum. I considered bo_sox a possibility, and when bo_sox said he was GOLDFINGER0303 when he checked his nametag and said he was not RBed, I thought he was scum with Ezio. When the lynch of Ezio revealed that the last scum was either you or thamrick, I reread thamrick, and I now believe he is most likely to be the last scum.

Pouncy Silverkitten

#1930 Post by Pouncy Silverkitten » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:45 pm

I've read most of it bo_sox

I don't have a ton of time to dedicate. Which is why I didn't initially sign up for the game.

I'll be voting between thamrick and rdrivera2005.

What are your thoughts on thamrick, bo_sox?

Pouncy Silverkitten

#1931 Post by Pouncy Silverkitten » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:14 pm

##vote rdrivera2005 for now.

Thamrick has a pretty good voting record and hasn't done anything that look suspicious.

My biggest hesitation with rdrivera is that I still don't understand why a mafia Ezio would claim the same tag as a mafia rdrivera. That seems dumb to me.

People who know Ezio: would he do something dumb like that?

bozotheclown

#1932 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:32 pm

@Pouncy: I think it is possible Ezio and rdrivera came up with the idea of both claiming the same nametag as scum, but it does seem like an unnecessary risk. Also, rdrivera's willingness to lynch xorxes D4 when it was important for town to consolidate the vote on the same scum leads me to believe rdrivera is town. I also agree with the point you made earlier about thamrick voting scum so often that it is suspicious, it is difficult for a town to be correct that often. thamrick was the first one voting for xorxes D1, and the first one voting for brainbomb D2, voting for him before yavuzovic claimed his guilty scan. Also, brainbomb's reaction to thamrick's vote seems extreme, possibly trying to make thamrick look like town. thamrick also ending on scum D3, D4, and D5.

In addition, with both rdrivera and thamrick scum reading me, I am trying to determine which one is mistaken and which one knows I am town, and it seems to me that rdrivera's scum read is more likely to be real, while thamrick seems to be fabricating reasons to scum read me.

bozotheclown

#1933 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:35 pm

I am not going to be online at EOD, but I will check back in later.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1934 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:22 pm

I am torn, I don't want to be the one that lose the game for town in lylo (or Mylo). I have done a re-read on Tham and can't find anything to justify a vote on him

I will ##vote Bozo but will try to dig a bit more after lunch.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1935 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:50 pm

Pouncy Silverkitten wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:45 pm
What are your thoughts on thamrick, bo_sox?
He's been a high townread of mine and most people's all game. If he's scum, he deserves a win. That said, I get a weird feeling about him, especially today. I won't be shocked if he turns out to be a deep threat that outplayed us all. I have no vote, though, so I'm not going to invest what little time we have left trying to turn the tables against him when it looks as if at least two of the four voters are solidly opposed to voting for him.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1936 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:51 pm

Rdrivera, did you get a chance to dig more?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1937 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:51 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.0

rdrivera2005(2): bo_sox48, Pouncy Silverkitten
bozotheclown(2): thamrick, rdrivera2005
thamrick(1): bozotheclown

Currently, NO ONE is set to be lynched!

There are 70 minutes remaining in Day 6.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1938 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:54 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:49 am
@Bo - have you reread bozo and rdr? Is your case for rdr still just that Ezio didn't continue to push him?
I have reread bozo and once again affirm my feeling I have had for a lot of the game that he is very flexible and adjusts well to when things change. He has been especially so in the last 72 hours, which bodes well because I feel as if this is when scum will play the quiet game and not reveal anything that hasn't been thrust out into the open by someone else. There are a lot of independently scummy things that bozo has done, but I don't think he is scum.

I haven't reread rdrivera but yes, that is still my case, and there are obvious flaws in it. That said, I don't see anything more convincing right now other than my gut feeling that you might be scum, but I have nothing to back that up.

thamrick

#1939 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:13 pm

Well this has been a pretty uneventful day.

@Pouncy - why aren't you even considering Bozo?

@rdr - did you find anything more on your reread of Bozo? And really? Rereading me, you found nothing at all suspicious?

thamrick

#1940 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:17 pm

My gut all game has been that rdr is town. I could be wrong though. In this case, I would expect scum to sheep the townclears a bit more so the fact that bozo is voting and making a case against me instead of just piling on rdr with Pouncy and Bo is a sign to me he might actually be town.

I really just have a hard time justifying that Ezio/rdr planned that nametag claim.